Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,024 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819154 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
Phoenix6278:
You must be a genius o, not only beat the cut off but it was your first attempt! Sir, congrats again. Yeah, admission process in Unilag is always rigorous, you guys were even lucky, the cut-off was 76 during my time. I thank God I made it though. Lol, Amen and amen by God's grace. Some guys made 5.0 GPA so its not a big deal. How far have you gone with clearance, that's one stressful process o
thnkscheesycheesycheesy i'm almost true with d clearance process.it remains only course registration and hostel application.our cutoff wz low dis yr due to d general low performance in jamb compared to urs. Pls can u recommend any textbk which i wuld definetly make use of in 100level.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Idyllic: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=Lagusta]

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Idyllic: @Lagusta, please do not tell white lies against nurses, I know that the federal health workers are presently on strike demanding for better pay, but I don't believe that they are asking to be PAID THE SAME AMOUNT AS DOCTORS. Please make your post unambiguous by clarifying this, are you saying that Nurses, Pharmacist, Biomedical scientist...e.t.c are asking to be paid the same amount as Doctors? Please explain what their demands are in details. Thanks in advance.

Bros, I am not tellin white lies, three nurses all told me that their CNOs want to be paid equal to house officers.... And I am talking about nurses, not the others,,,,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
Hey guyz, jst finished my psychiatry exam....

@ebsuguy, thanx 4 answering the question on parkinson's disease and atelectasis....

So, what's happening, I see some guyz jst got admission into unilag.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:09am On Sep 29, 2012
Yeah,lagusta.JAMB has finally admit me 2 study medicine and surgery in unilag but dey omittd my name in d list.I TANK GOD I AM IN O.afta 3 years of waiting.4rm oau 2 ui and finally unilag.akokites and mbbs,here i come!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 3:25am On Sep 29, 2012
Lagusta: Hey guyz, jst finished my psychiatry exam....

@ebsuguy, thanx 4 answering the question on parkinson's disease and atelectasis....

So, what's happening, I see some guyz jst got admission into unilag.....
@lagusta did i get it well?....right my wrong pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:58am On Sep 29, 2012
ebsuguy:
@lagusta did i get it well?....right my wrong pls

Of course u did well... I am even suprised! Doc u get stuff oooo!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:00am On Sep 29, 2012
aliandro: Yeah,lagusta.JAMB has finally admit me 2 study medicine and surgery in unilag but dey omittd my name in d list.I TANK GOD I AM IN O.afta 3 years of waiting.4rm oau 2 ui and finally unilag.akokites and mbbs,here i come!

The sky: it is not the limit, it is only the beginning!!!

God will see u through, as He saw me through!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2012
aliandro: Yeah,lagusta.JAMB has finally admit me 2 study medicine and surgery in unilag but dey omittd my name in d list.I TANK GOD I AM IN O.afta 3 years of waiting.4rm oau 2 ui and finally unilag.akokites and mbbs,here i come!
hey congrats!!!! bro, whatever cannot break u will surely make u.i was also admittd on merit dis yr. Welcome to d league of medics in d great UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS.8-)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by rill: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2012
Hello fello medics! I need serious advice from u guys. Earlier on, i posted sumtin abt d accreditation ish ma sch is having. The accreditation team came around few weeks ago to inspect the school facilities and we r very optimistic that very soon we wud b re accredited and finally write all pending MB exams. Now the thing is i am sick and tired of schooling here. Want a total change of environment, like travelling outta d country. Like seriously ma mind no dey here again, I hardly even read again cos d zeal is gone. I want a fresh start. Nw ma question is, wud u guys advice me to go ahead wt ma "travelling out" plans and start all over again, forgetting d fact that am in 300L, waiting for ma 1st MB. Am 22 yrs of age, male. Got admitted 2008 which means have spent 4 years here. Considering all dis, what do u guys think?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Yisanasss(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2012
@lagusta,since d time i was in sec skul my dream is 2 study medics @ unilorin.Bt i've been offered admission 2 study biochemistry @ unilorin.I'm thinking may be it's possible 2 write d coming jamb exam while studying bch @ unilorin.I thought it's a waste of time getting admission tru Direct entry.Pls is it possible to write d jamb choosing unilorin or other unis?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2012
rill: Hello fello medics! I need serious advice from u guys. Earlier on, i posted sumtin abt d accreditation ish ma sch is having. The accreditation team came around few weeks ago to inspect the school facilities and we r very optimistic that very soon we wud b re accredited and finally write all pending MB exams. Now the thing is i am sick and tired of schooling here. Want a total change of environment, like travelling outta d country. Like seriously ma mind no dey here again, I hardly even read again cos d zeal is gone. I want a fresh start. Nw ma question is, wud u guys advice me to go ahead wt ma "travelling out" plans and start all over again, forgetting d fact that am in 300L, waiting for ma 1st MB. Am 22 yrs of age, male. Got admitted 2008 which means have spent 4 years here. Considering all dis, what do u guys think?

I know how u feel, and I was once in your shoes....

When I got to 500L, I also had this melancholic attitude towards reading, and I even wanted to travel out too...

But I believe that anything worth doing, is worth doing very well... To me, I think its better you endure the rigor and finish there, once you get your cert, you won't know how you will travel out...

Moreover, schooling abroad is very expensive... I even heard that the cheapest in ukraine is about $5000, which is a lot of money to me, and I am sure your school fees combined won't be up to half of that...

But, if u still want to travel, no problem. There are some good medical colleges abroad, but really, is it worth it? ?? ??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2012
Yisanasss: @lagusta,since d time i was in sec skul my dream is 2 study medics @ unilorin.Bt i've been offered admission 2 study biochemistry @ unilorin.I'm thinking may be it's possible 2 write d coming jamb exam while studying bch @ unilorin.I thought it's a waste of time getting admission tru Direct entry.Pls is it possible to write d jamb choosing unilorin or other unis?

Hmmmm, now this is ultimately your decision...

The only thing I will say is for you to go ahead with the biochemistry. You may write the jamb next year, but next year only!!! If u are picked next year, good for u, but if not.. Don't lose hope, still continue and aim for a first class or a 2.1, that's the only way u can get a DE into unilorin college of medicine...

Like I said, the decision is yours!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2012
Good morning..I have been following this thread as a guest just decided to register today..I have just been admitted into u.i to study medicine and surgery..would appreciate if any useful tip can be given to me..Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=rill]Hello fello medics! I need serious advice from u guys. Earlier on, i posted sumtin abt d accreditation ish ma sch is having. The accreditation team came around few weeks ago to inspect the school facilities and we r very optimistic that very soon we wud b re accredited and finally write all pending MB exams. Now the thing is i am sick and tired of schooling here. Want a total change of environment, like travelling outta d country. Like seriously ma mind no dey here again, I hardly even read again cos d zeal is gone. I want a fresh start. Nw ma question is, wud u guys advice me to go ahead wt ma "travelling out" plans and start all over again, forgetting d fact that am in 300L, waiting for ma 1st MB. Am 22 yrs of age, male. Got admitted 2008 which means have spent 4 years here. Considering all dis, what do u guys think?[/quote
wic school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
thnkscheesycheesycheesy i'm almost true with d clearance process.it remains only course registration and hostel application.our cutoff wz low dis yr due to d general low performance in jamb compared to urs. Pls can u recommend any textbk which i wuld definetly make use of in 100level.
Well, some of the texts needed for certain courses(FSC 104; maths FSC 103;computer science) will be provided by their respective departments. However, u can choose to supplement the 104 text provided with Engineering maths by K A stroud. I will recommend Raymond Chang Chemistry for FSC 103, Raven Johnson or Biological sciences for FSC 101, Invertebrate Zoology for ZLY 101, Nelkon and Parker A level / Physics for scientists and Engineers Jeweet and Serway for FSC 105. Class notes are VERY important (especially for ZLY101) as most lecturers don't go beyond what's given in the note , past questions are equally indispensable. Texts will also be provided for the GST courses and you will be given some practical manuals when you register some courses ( ZLY 101 and FSC 101). Hope I've been able to answer your question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
O.M.E:
Good morning..I have been following this thread as a guest just decided to register today..I have just been admitted into u.i to study medicine and surgery..would appreciate if any useful tip can be given to me..Thanks
Wow!! Congrats bro.. Hope to meet you soon.. Got Dentistry and Dental surg. Too..UI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
oluafolabi:
Wow!! Congrats bro.. Hope to meet you soon.. Got Dentistry and Dental surg. Too..
congrats to you too...sure we'l meet one day..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
rill: Hello fello medics! I need serious advice from u guys. Earlier on, i posted sumtin abt d accreditation ish ma sch is having. The accreditation team came around few weeks ago to inspect the school facilities and we r very optimistic that very soon we wud b re accredited and finally write all pending MB exams. Now the thing is i am sick and tired of schooling here. Want a total change of environment, like travelling outta d country. Like seriously ma mind no dey here again, I hardly even read again cos d zeal is gone. I want a fresh start. Nw ma question is, wud u guys advice me to go ahead wt ma "travelling out" plans and start all over again, forgetting d fact that am in 300L, waiting for ma 1st MB. Am 22 yrs of age, male. Got admitted 2008 which means have spent 4 years here. Considering all dis, what do u guys think?
Bro, do you mean to write Jamb again or to travel abroad?.. If its abroad.. Then gladly do so.. They have more equipment to train med studnts there (depending on the country though) buh if its Nigeria.. I would advise you against that, why?.. It really won't make a difference, in as much as the course will still get accredited then try to be patient and finish it.. Don't waste your time..

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
Phoenix6278:
Well, some of the texts needed for certain courses(FSC 104; maths FSC 103;computer science) will be provided by their respective departments. However, u can choose to supplement the 104 text provided with Engineering maths by K A stroud. I will recommend Raymond Chang Chemistry for FSC 103, Raven Johnson or Biological sciences for FSC 101, Invertebrate Zoology for ZLY 101, Nelkon and Parker A level / Physics for scientists and Engineers Jeweet and Serway for FSC 105. Class notes are VERY important (especially for ZLY101) as most lecturers don't go beyond what's given in the note , past questions are equally indispensable. Texts will also be provided for the GST courses and you will be given some practical manuals when you register some courses ( ZLY 101 and FSC 101). Hope I've been able to answer your question

yeah.thanks alot 4 answering my question.i hv some of those books already such as engineering maths,nelkon & parker phys,plus biological science. I wuld try to get d txt 4 ZLY 101 and d rest ASAP. Could i make use of cambridge Advanced chem and introductory maths as a supplement?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
To all senior medical students on this thread, kindly share with us ur worst and best moments u experienced in ur indomitable quest to obtain dat prestigious MBBS degree.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starboi10: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

yeah.thanks alot 4 answering my question.i hv some of those books already such as engineering maths,nelkon & parker phys,plus biological science. I wuld try to get d txt 4 ZLY 101 and d rest ASAP. Could i make use of cambridge Advanced chem and introductory maths as a supplement?
I hope to meet you soon. I entered for medicine diploma and you sound like a very serious student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
Starboi10: I hope to meet you soon. I entered for medicine diploma and you sound like a very serious student

Lol. the dude has little choice. he's a medic so he's just got to be serious
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
To all senior medical students on this thread, kindly share with us ur worst and best moments u experienced in ur indomitable quest to obtain dat prestigious MBBS degree.

Best moment was when the HOD of Physiology department told me that they'd take me on distinction viva during Part1 MBBS Exam. I was their only candidate. No one has ever got a Distinction in Physio before. During the viva, I answered all the questions correctly. The UNIBEN prof was obviously impressed.
Worst moment was when the Part 1 result was pasted finally. I only saw 'PASS' . I wanted to die. I didnt know what happpened. Well, shit happens in med school. Seriously, I nearly cried.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

My best moment was when I saw that our 500L result was out, and I passed, it was a big joy for me that I am now in final year....

I had two worst moments... I lost my mom in 2006, lost my dad in 2008, those nearly cost me my medical school, so I had to struggle to survive through the hectic hyperstuffilaemic environment!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
Lagusta:

My best moment was when I saw that our 500L result was out, and I passed, it was a big joy for me that I am now in final year....

I had two worst moments... I lost my mom in 2006, lost my dad in 2008, those nearly cost me my medical school, so I had to struggle to survive through the hectic hyperstuffilaemic environment!!!
really sorry about that..do you have any information or advice you can give to folks like me who just got admitted..Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2012
O.M.E:
really sorry about that..do you have any information or advice you can give to folks like me who just got admitted..Thanks

Oh, I have gotten over everything, thanx....

Well, like I always say, read well, pray hard, be diligent and respectful, and NEVER BE PROUD!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
Lagusta:

Oh, I have gotten over everything, thanx....

Well, like I always say, read well, pray hard, be diligent and respectful, and NEVER BE PROUD!!!!
Thanks for the tips..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
Lagusta:

i'm xo xo sorry abt dat.may their gentle souls rest in peace.AMEN!!! To be honest, the odds were definetly against u, but u didn't just sit back and watch life take its best shot at u, instead u rose up with d courage and zest of an overcomer. For u to be a final year student must hv taken u a gr8 level of discipline and perseverance,i so much admire that.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
Kadata:

Best moment was when the HOD of Physiology department told me that they'd take me on distinction viva during Part1 MBBS Exam. I was their only candidate. No one has ever got a Distinction in Physio before. During the viva, I answered all the questions correctly. The UNIBEN prof was obviously impressed.
Worst moment was when the Part 1 result was pasted finally. I only saw 'PASS' . I wanted to die. I didnt know what happpened. Well, shit happens in med school. Seriously, I nearly cried.

I guess u must hv felt on top of d world for acheiving such an uncontestable feat in UNIBEN.u need not to hv cried that much, lyf is unpredictable, we all hv our share of badluck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
Starboi10: I hope to meet you soon. I entered for medicine diploma and you sound like a very serious student

congrts. I'm also looking forward to seeing u soon.....thnks 4 d complement.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
Lagusta:

My respect for you just tripled bro... You have that 'never say die' spirit I admire in people.. I'm glad you are making your parents proud from up there...
The galaxy can't limit you sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.