Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,502 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Nigerian Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Nigerian Wife (11257 Views)

White Man Spotted In Benin Market Shopping For Nigerian Wife (Photos) / When Your Nigerian Wife Is The Breadwinner. Picture. / Zimbabwean Man Looking For A Nigerian Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Wife by HiiiPower(m): 4:39am On Sep 16, 2012
I just had a heart to heart conversation with my mum about marriage, and she wants me to marry a Nigerian girl. Basically, I'm not attracted to Nigerian girls. I've only had one Nigerian girl since I started getting freaky with girls, and we never got along. We were two different people with different mentalities and outlook to life; and to be honest, most Nigerian girls bore me to sleep.

Personally, I think Nigerian girls are capricious, superficial,needy, and empty up there. And I'm not a big of people who can't inspire me intellectually and those who judge people without getting to know them. Perhaps, it's probably the ones that have met, but they all act the same to me. However, I've met a couple of highly educated ones, but they're not really attractive.

I love my mum and I sincerely want to make her happy, but where can I find this elusive breed of good Nigerian girls, if at all there is any?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 16, 2012
HiiiPower: I love my mum and I sincerely want to make her happy,

You getting married isn't about making your mum happy. It's about you and your future wife being happy together. Nigerian girls don't do it for you. That's not a crime. Maybe you should look elsewhere or simply be patient until a "good", attractive Nigerian girl crosses your path. There isn't a gathering of good Nigerian girls in any one place. You have to be lucky to find one who's like a key to your lock.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Wife by adonisgold: 5:15am On Sep 16, 2012
I am always baffled when people make sweeping statements like this. I know loads of smart independent preety Nigerian girls. But well, you already have a mindset so I would advice you to get married from Papua new Guinea.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Mynd44: 5:38am On Sep 16, 2012
You must remember that you are getting married and not your mum. Its understandable that you love your mum(most of us do) but you should also remember that when it comes to marriage, its your choice you gave to go for and not marry someone costhat's what someone wants.
If you feel you are not attracted to Nigerian girls, dont marry one, follow your heart and make your mum see the sense in your arguments

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by djeezy(m): 6:02am On Sep 16, 2012
There are many good Nigerian girls out there. All I need for recommendation on where to find them are GPS, maps,and compass so that we can navigate for your ardous search. Do not marry because you want to impress your mother, not even under duress. I respect your preference and your choice of women, but sometimes you still have to consider other things. If you already have this mindset about Nigerian girls, I wouldn't say it's innate perception but don't you think it's not going to change and this may affect your marriage in the long run.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2012
For such breeds of girls you wish to get married to, ask your mum to mould them for you......your demand is too high, you will have to bend down and be patient and thats if you want to get married to a naija babe, if not, go marry your heart desire..
Re: The Nigerian Wife by frank317: 7:39am On Sep 16, 2012
Na waoo, Nigerian girls don suffer. See nagative analysis on my sisters,

Bros no b their fault, na economic hardship. Unfortunately the guys jst have to be smarter because our Nigerian girls just xpect them to b, but don't think of ways of improving themselves.

Be more observant, u will see a few witty ones, even nice looking, yet social , hardworkin and friendly.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by KINGwax(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2012
Wow, i'm so glad for having you as my fiance! Motunrayomi owon. The most beautiful, caring, loving, humble, submissive, independent, and God fearing lady! i love you.
The bible already said, he who finds a wife, finds a good thing. Well, that's if u fine a wife!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by jhydebaba(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2012
HiiiPower: but where can I find this elusive breed of good Nigerian girls, if at all there is any?

Mushin, Ojuelegba, Ojuwoye, Okearin, Gidakofa, Dadinkowa, Oke Popo, just name it.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by jhydebaba(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2012
KINGwax: Wow, i'm so glad for having you as my fiance! Motunrayomi owon. The most beautiful, caring, loving, humble, submissive, independent, and God fearing lady! i love you.
The bible already said, he who finds a wife, finds a good thing. Well, that's if u fine a wife!
Pls, give me her number.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by claremont(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2012
@OP: Tell your mum that there are good and bad ladies everywhere regardless of cultural background, and marrying a lady from your own cultural background is not (and has never been) a guarantee of happiness. I understand that most people would want to 'settle down' with someone who understands their culture, but continuing to search for this elusive person at the expense of others is like searching for the proverbial golden fleece.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2012
jhydebaba: Mushin, Ojuelegba, Ojuwoye, Okearin, Gidakofa, Dadinkowa, Oke Popo, just name it.
oke shafa, idumota, agege, oshodi, abeokuta. . .

You dey find Nigerian wife, but you insult them first? Wait, stand on the street, a good girl will come to you. . . Just paste the name of the country where you reside on your forehead, and stand for one corner for street. . . undecided
Re: The Nigerian Wife by k2039: 8:38am On Sep 16, 2012
HiiiPower:

Personally, I think Nigerian girls are capricious, superficial,needy, and empty up there. And I'm not a big of people who can't inspire me intellectually and those who judge people without getting to know them. Perhaps, it's probably the ones that have met, but they all act the same to me. However, I've met a couple of highly educated ones, but they're not really attractive.

OP,you are the one who has a problem,[size=18pt]you attract what you are.[/size]

You need to see the likes of Ogugua88 and co,before you start rubishing our sweet naija girls.

To find the best mate become the best mate first and [size=13pt]you also need to change all your dirty preconceived mindset about our admirable, alluring, angelic, appealing, beauteous, bewitching, charming, classy, comely, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enticing, excellent, exquisite, fair, fascinating, fine, foxy*, good-looking, gorgeous, graceful, grand, handsome, ideal, lovely, magnificent, marvelous, nice, pleasing, pretty, pulchritudinous, radiant, ravishing, refined, resplendent, shapely, sightly, splendid, statuesque, stunning, sublime, superb, symmetrical, taking, well-formed, wonderful[/size] [size=15pt]nigerian ladies[/size]

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 16, 2012
k2039:

OP,you are the one who have a problem,[size=18pt]you attract what you are.[/size]

You need to see the likes of Ogugua88 and co,before you start rubishing our sweet naija girls.

To find the best mate become the best mate first and [size=13pt]you also need to change all your dirty preconceived mindset about our admirable, alluring, angelic, appealing, beauteous, bewitching, charming, classy, comely, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enticing, excellent, exquisite, fair, fascinating, fine, foxy*, good-looking, gorgeous, graceful, grand, handsome, ideal, lovely, magnificent, marvelous, nice, pleasing, pretty, pulchritudinous, radiant, ravishing, refined, resplendent, shapely, sightly, splendid, statuesque, stunning, sublime, superb, symmetrical, taking, well-formed, wonderful[/size] [size=15pt]nigerian ladies[/size]
(1 zillion) likes
dont mind the antelope

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Wife by Caracta(f): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
SMH. We need to start respecting people for whom they are and not where they come from. God bless the day i met my 'love'
@OP, i'll advise you to place adverts in the newspapers. You can select the applicants through an aptitude test or interview
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
@OP

Your judgement is clouded.

Heaven forbid that some right-thinking girl should yield to your fallacious desires and awkward ambition of pleasing your mother against conventional thinking and constructive purpose.

Your delusion will lead you to a pretentious swine who would ultimately lead you to destruction. In the end, you would know that it was never between you and your mother.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
You've only had one Nigerian girlfriend, yet you've managed to draw conclusions about "Nigerian girls?" You are confused.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by MrsChima(f): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
adonisgold: I am always baffled when people make sweeping statements like this. I know loads of smart independent preety Nigerian girls. But well, you already have a mindset so I would advice you to get married from Papua new Guinea.

I agree with the generalizations...however it is clear that he have been hurt by a Nigerian woman and his anger speaks out toward her in form of basing Nigerian women collectively.

He has to get rid of the pain first....heal with time before venturing out into a relationship. Even if he marries a chick that is not Nigerian...the pain is still there.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by jhydebaba(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I agree with the generalizations...however it is clear that he have been hurt by a Nigerian woman and his anger speaks out toward her in form of basing Nigerian women collectively.

He has to get rid of the pain first....heal with time before venturing out into a relationship. Even if he marries a chick that is not Nigerian...the pain is still there.
Mrs Chima, a typical nigerian wife. I salute oh. How's Mr Chima?
Re: The Nigerian Wife by bittyend(m): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
Nigerian girls stay losing. Got me a boricua this summer, oye mi canto. grin
Re: The Nigerian Wife by MrsChima(f): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
jhydebaba: Mrs Chima, a typical nigerian wife. I salute oh. How's Mr Chima?

I am not Nigerian and he is doing exceptionally well. He is goo gooing with Chimette. wink

Thanks for asking. wink
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Look else where cause what you are looking for aint available in Naija. To me they all look the same.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by jhydebaba(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I am not Nigerian and he is doing exceptionally well. He is goo gooing with Chimette. wink

Thanks for asking. wink
Wow!!! Interesting. So where is Mrs Chima from, Republic of Biafra?
Re: The Nigerian Wife by MyneWhite1(f): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
All Nigerian women are not the same, and as someone said, you are not getting married for your mum, you alone will be living with whoever you marry.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by amyg(f): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
Thank God am not a Nigerian.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by MrsChima(f): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
jhydebaba:
Wow!!! Interesting. So where is Mrs Chima from, Republic of Biafra?

No...but Mrs, Chima is currently in America. wink

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by Rocktation(f): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
OP- Whatever. Apart from being an insolent butt, what are you again, that we all must try to convince?
Re: The Nigerian Wife by HiiiPower(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rocktation: OP- Whatever. Apart from being an insolent butt, what are you again, that we all must try to convince?

You proved me right, after all!
When are you girls going to be humble,
and realise that you're not worth the hassle?
Crabs in a bucket!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Wife by HiiiPower(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Thanks for the comments!
Re: The Nigerian Wife by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
Thread closed.
Re: The Nigerian Wife by ikekings(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
amyg: Thank God am not a Nigerian.
What has ”thank God am not a nigerian“ got to do with this? Some people have lost it just looking for where to fix it.... Smh

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Wife by freecocoa(f): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
OP feck you upside down a thousand times.

Yes i'm Nigerian.

Useless mofo thinking you are too good for nigerian girls, rubbishangry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How True Is This!!! / Someone I Called Idiot Turned My Crush, I Can Not Control Myself Anymore / Abuja Big Boy Releases party Sex Photos With A Popular Nollywood Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.