Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21532 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry
3. No wedding rings
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness
7. False rapture theories
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation
9. They control your dressing
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family
11. Individuality is compromised
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out
13. Trinity
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled.

You can add many more here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
Over the next few weeks and even months, we will address these issues .

Oh I forgot to mention :

1. Eternal torment
2. Immortal soul

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by k2039: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel which church do you attend
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
Olaadegbu would soon rear his ugly head here grin
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
k2039: frosbel which church do you attend

a non-denominational fellowship
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by k2039: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

where and what is the name
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Omexonomy: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
@op what are the measurments did you use to reach all these conclusions
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
k2039:

where and what is the name

sorry I cannot reveal the name or location !
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
Omexonomy: @op what are the measurments did you use to reach all these conclusions

These are not conclusions, these are things I know , I was a worker .

There are also many good things in deeperlife, I will start an article on the positives later this week.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Olaadegbu would soon rear his ugly head here grin

I know topics like this are the kind that makes you wriggle out of the woodwork. tongue

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by true2god: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

Which church do u attend before u go non-denominational. If u cant ansa this simple question stop critsing all xtain denomination at wil. Or better still u can recommend one for all nairalanders dat u believ is perfect for dis world.

I never for once trust whoever is not confident enof to reveal his identity, i mean the church he attends especially wen a question is thrown at u in dis regard.

Dont be a hypocrite frosbel.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
true2god: Which church do u attend before u go non-denominational. If u cant ansa this simple question stop critsing all xtain denomination at wil. Or better still u can recommend one for all nairalanders dat u believ is perfect for dis world.

I never for once trust whoever is not confident enof to reveal his identity, i mean the church he attends especially wen a question is thrown at u in dis regard.

frosbel is a rolling stone that gathers no moss. shocked
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
true2god: Which church do u attend before u go non-denominational. If u cant ansa this simple question stop critsing all xtain denomination at wil. Or better still u can recommend one for all nairalanders dat u believ is perfect for dis world.

I am not attacking all denominations my dear, but there are some denominations that arrogate themselves to positions of infallibility , such as the catholic church , deeper life etc.

There are some good parts of deeper life obviously , but it harbours a lot of false doctrine as well.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by k2039: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

[size=28pt]Frosbel is a cultist[/size]
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
k2039:

[size=18pt]Frosbel is a cultist[/size]

How can I be a cultist when I do not belong to a CULT !!
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by k2039: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

How can I be a cultist when I do not belong to a CULT !!

[size=23pt]A cult is a secret society

Since you cant reveal your identity,then I can as well conclude you are in a cult[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
k2039:

[size=23pt]A cult is a secret society

Since you cant reveal your identity,then I can as well conclude you are in a cult[/size]

so I should tell you my church name and city so that my enemies can find me, lol. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
anyway , one false doctrine that baffles me but which is totally unscriptural in deeperlife is the concept of second chance at salvation.

The scenario is like this :

- The Christians are raptured at a secret coming of Jesus
- Then the great tribulation starts
- From this time on , there is no more salvation by grace
- to be saved you will either confess in Christ and be beheaded or reject him totally

This is just plain nonsense and not supported anywhere in the bible.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Frosbel is not proud of his churchoo!!hahahaha this is hypocrisy at its height!!! If you have nothing to hide spill it here
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

so I should tell you my church name and city so that my enemies can find me, lol. grin grin

Have you heard of the adage that says "If you live in glass house don't throw stones"? cool

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
chukwudi44: Frosbel is not proud of his churchoo!!hahahaha this is hypocrisy at its height!!! If you have nothing to hide spill it here

I belong to a non-denominational fellowship, I have left those daughters of the harlot catholic church wink
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel: Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry
3. No wedding rings
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness
7. False rapture theories
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation
9. They control your dressing
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family
11. Individuality is compromised
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out
13. Trinity
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled.

You can add many more here.

I always knew there was a lot wrong with deeper life but I never knew it was this bad. It sounds like a cult to me. Another horrible thing about deeper life is their lack of regard or love for other christians who are not deeper life members. Bunch of hypocrites. angry
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

You don't want the jihadist to send you back to your maker b4 time abi? grin
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I know topics like this are the kind that makes you wriggle out of the woodwork. tongue

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

I belong to a non-denominational fellowship, I have left those daughters of the harlot catholic church wink

Hypocrite!!!if you have nothing to hide then why are you afraid?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by mkmyers45(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
Frosbel you again..i agree with Olaadegbu and think someone needs to give you a dirty slap to bring you back to reality...

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I always knew there was a lot wrong with deeper life but I never knew it was this bad. It sounds like a cult to me. Another horrible thing about deeper life is their lack of regard or love for other christians who are not deeper life members. Bunch of hypocrites. angry

Indeed.

Their emphasis on bible study and prayer while commendable is negated by the interpration of the church on what those same bible verses mean.

This is in total contradiction to the exhortation in scripture where we are told that it is the Spirit that reveals the deep truths of God to his children.

But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, s[b]o you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the-Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you[/b], remain in fellowship with Christ.- 1 John 2:27

As a worker in deeper life, as I was , you have to accept all the church doctrines and rules otherwise you are marked as an enemy.

Additionally , during sermons and fellowship , we were fond of making statements such as ' you are so lucky to be in a church like this ' or 'we stand absolutely 100% on the inerrant word of GOD' or 'we are a holiness church ' and many more arrogant boasts even though the bible says God's children should not boast.

We saw other churches as inferior, and many of us doubted the salvation of many other believers , for example if a sister wore earrings , she was probably not saved.

I remember during my days at deeper life as an undergraduate , I asked a brother a fairly innocent question regarding what happens when a sister who wears earrings or jewellery dies , will she make 'heaven ' ? The response was shocking, they could not confirm she will make it because of her apparel. Her heart obviously was not important , just her outward dressing.

Another shocker came during a sermon when the pastor warned handsome men and beautiful women to be careful not to become proud and puffed up because of their appearance otherwise they might risk their Christian standing. What !!!!!!

At the time , none of us could challenge any of this nonsense because we were young , gullible and under mind control.

We were discouraged from wearing brightly coloured or flowery designed shirts to avoid attracting attention to ourselves.

To be honest the similarities with the catholic church are too many to ignore..
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You don't want the jihadist to send you back to your maker b4 time abi? grin

Indeed.

Though I have offered my apologies for last years bad behaviour, I know them too well to reveal my location.

In fact my GPS is turned off on my phones when at home just in case grin grin grin
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
mkmyers45: Frosbel you again..i agree with Olaadegbu and think someone needs to give you a dirty slap to bring you back to reality...

My dear , when you have suffered 'abuse' only you can understand it and describe the control that goes on in many of these so called churches angry

They are more like cults.

To know Jesus, all we need are our bibles and the Holy Spirit.

Of course I love teachers and we need more of them, but the witness in your spirit by the Spirit of God must agree with the spirit behind their teaching to make sure that it is indeed led by the Spirit of GOD.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Enoquin(f): 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
When we point one finger at something, what happens to the rest of the fingers? They point back at us...the problem with most christians are that they believe too much in what their church says...
Mr. Frosbel...you point to deeper life as looking down on other churches (I am no deeper life member) but yet you are doing the same...all other churches do it too...mention one church that does not look down on other churches...please just one! The Brotherhood society looks down on the pentecostal churches and vice versa, the pentecostal churches look down on orthodox and all other churches whose doctrine they don't understand and vice versa...this is all too depressing...for true love which we keep mouthing will not delight in being vain or puffed up...the very thing you chide deeper life on is the same thing you are doing...it's a cycle...a saddening cycle.
God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
which one is deeper life doctrine? i. sincerely doubt that deeper life leaders would agree to having some set of deeper life doctrines, even Kumuyi. Anyway can op list all the deeper life doctrines?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
Enoquin: When we point one finger at something, what happens to the rest of the fingers? They point back at us...the problem with most christians are that they believe too much in what their church says...
Mr. Frosbel...you point to deeper life as looking down on other churches (I am no deeper life member) but yet you are doing the same...all other churches do it too...mention one church that does not look down on other churches...please just one! The Brotherhood society looks down on the pentecostal churches and vice versa, the pentecostal churches look down on orthodox and all other churches whose doctrine they don't understand and vice versa...this is all too depressing...for true love which we keep mouthing will not delight in being vain or puffed up...the very thing you chide deeper life on is the same thing you are doing...it's a cycle...a saddening cycle.
God help us all.

I am not pointing the finger , I am simply writing a story on my experiences at deeper life and what I consider to be unscriptural based on these experiences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.