Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (101730 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / Various Ghanaian Dishes / Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone: do they make ogbona and okra in parties too?? if not you r on long thing today o

Of course not. Not even my mom makes it lol. I'm the only one that eats it, so it's rare that I make it.

Na party so only the usual chops go dey. Rice. Chicken. Dodo. Malt. Lol. undecided
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:
sorry begina,did unripe plantain actually enhance man d,i,c,k??
u've got a problem wit ya d!c.k? Try eating raw biter leaf, its stem and root, make it ur meal for 3 days. After the 3rd day, go on dry fast for 48 hours, then break ur fast with half a dozen eggs taken raw, together wit its shells, and u're good to go!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Cleverley(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
Kai! Am hungry now. This pictures got me regreting me being single.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
u've got a problem wit ya d!c.k? Try eating raw biter leaf, its stem and root, make it ur meal for 3 days. After the 3rd day, go on dry fast for 48 hours, then break ur fast with half a dozen eggs taken raw, together wit its shells, and u're good to go!
You must be CAPITAL LETTER STUPID,na me go do that one
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by oradee: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
feel free to bite me but most of our dishes are wonderful but dead..
the length of time they stay on fire to cook kills 95% of its nutrients.
and the amount of oil in the cooking?
well,its what we were brought up wif so its perfectly normal to feel sentimental bout it after all its our mother's cooking
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Of course not. Not even my mom makes it lol. I'm the only one that eats it, so it's rare that I make it.

Na party so only the usual chops go dey. Rice. Chicken. Dodo. Malt. Lol. undecided
rice,chiken with dodo stepping it down with malt aint bad now abi?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief: u've got a problem wit ya d!c.k? Try eating raw biter leaf, its stem and root, make it ur meal for 3 days. After the 3rd day, go on dry fast for 48 hours, then break ur fast with half a dozen eggs taken raw, together wit its shells, and u're good to go!

You wan kill am? Lol. Drinking alomo bitters is easier.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Fried yam is disgustingly bitter. I've tried frying it before
u cut it the wrong way, thats why it turns out biter. Try cutin it vertically or diagonally, not horizontally. I dont know if u get it.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
oradee: feel free to bite me but most of our dishes are wonderful but dead..
the length of time they stay on fire to cook kills 95% of its nutrients.
and the amount of oil in the cooking?
well,its what we were brought up wif so its perfectly normal to feel sentimental bout it after all its our mother's cooking

Depends on how you cook it. My mom and I both add plenty of vegetables to our soups, and we add them last so that some nutrients are still there. If it's rice we're cooking, it goes with lightly steamed vegetables. Food is good with variety and balance smiley
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by baqina(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

kokoro

Tanx man..
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone: rice,chiken with dodo stepping it down with malt aint bad now abi?

I don't drink malt and I eat "party" food at every party. Waiting for the day someone serves coconut rice or banga soup at a party out here lol.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Depends on how you cook it. My mom and I both add plenty of vegetables to our soups, and we add them last so that some nutrients are still there. If it's rice we're cooking, it goes with lightly steamed vegetables. Food is good with variety and balance smiley

Hmm,no wonder u dey fresh like tomato,not nigerian tomato oo
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:
isnt it beter than walkin around wit d!c.k the size of my index finger and strenght of tortoise? The hard way is the only way!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
isnt it beter than walkin around wit d!c.k the size of my index finger and strenght of tortoise? The hard way is the only way!
Mr ujchief,if my d,i,c,k is too small for u to suck everyday,try suck horse d,i,c,k plz!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by sigmundfreud(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Fried yam is disgustingly bitter. I've tried frying it before.

Unless you meant fried yuca roots ==> delisioso
No way! Ow do u fry yours?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

Hmm,no wonder u dey fresh like tomato,not nigerian tomato oo

are u hitting on her? Shes a Mod and u're geting a life ban in Nl if u try that.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:
I don jam wahala be this lol.

When do you want to depart? I'm booking your ticket now. angry
No yawa we dey the same time zone grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Dyt(f): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:

dangerzone:

ujchief:

Buhahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
My stomach oooooo
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:
Mr ujchief
easy bros, its like dis wan pain u soo much! Kpele, but u've been insultin me since the inception of this thread. Anyway, i'll let u be. . .
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
are u hitting on her? Shes a Mod and u're geting a life ban in Nl if u try that.

eeya,i didnt know mod were robots
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief: are u hitting on her? Shes a Mod and u're geting a life ban in Nl if u try that.

That means half of NL boys should be gone from NL by now as they dey hit on Odunnu like tomorrow no dey.

2buff: When do you want to depart? I'm booking your ticket now. angry
No yawa we dey the same time zone grin

We are? lol
sigmundfreud:
No way! Ow do u fry yours?
grin grin

Tell me how you fry yours first.

Maybe I'm using the wrong yam. It comes out very very bitter sad
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
easy bros, its like dis wan pain u soo much! Kpele, but u've been insultin me since the inception of this thread. Anyway, i'll let u be. . .

no it didnt pain me and i never insulted u,u did
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
u cut it the wrong way, thats why it turns out biter. Try cutin it vertically or diagonally, not horizontally. I dont know if u get it.

It's not your fault. angry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by oradee: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
im sure we all know we dont really have dishes like that?
Swallow (wif diff soups),rice.beans,yam and plaintain...basically the basics!
and why do we include so much oil in our cooking?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
oradee: im sure we all know we dont really have dishes like that?
Swallow (wif diff soups),rice.beans,yam and plaintain...basically the basics!
and why do we include so much oil in our cooking?

So what have we been posting? Russian food?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

So what have we been posting? Russian food?

swedish dishes hehehe
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Fried yam is disgustingly bitter. I've tried frying it before.

Unless you meant fried yuca roots ==> delisioso
You never jam yet. Do you fry old yams that are usually strong? That might be the problem. New yam is the best for frying...very tasty stuff.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by ujchief(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
grin grin

Tell me how you fry yours first.

Maybe I'm using the wrong yam. It comes out very very bitter sad
after peelin the yam, dont lie it horizontaly on the table and slice it thru. Hold it up, like its standing, and cut it upwards-down. Not soo long like plaintain chips. That way, it wont be bitter after fryin, thats wat i mean. Thank me later.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

That means half of NL boys should be gone from NL by now as they dey hit on Odunnu like tomorrow no dey.

We are? lol

+/- 2 hours wuteva. Listen I hope you've packed your bag. angry
Your plane leaves at 6pm and arrives here at 8pm. Come prepared for cuddling angry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief:
after peelin the yam, dont lie it horizontaly on the table and slice it thru. Hold it up, like its standing, and cut it upwards-down. Not soo long like plaintain chips. That way, it wont be bitter after fryin, thats wat i mean. Thank me later.

is that somekind of tradion that apply to slicing of yam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.