Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! (31395 Views)

Your Favourite Noodle: INDOMIE Or TUMMY TUMMY? / Cost Of Cooking Gas With The Cylinder ( Urgent Pls!!!) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Royalty1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Please Note that I stumbled upon this write up on "Colours Of Life" Facebook Page and I can't but wonder, Have I been eating my noodles wrongly all these while? undecided

"BEWARE NOODLE LOVERS : COOKING INSTANT NOODLES IN WRONG WAY IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR HEALTH..

Many of us find it convenient to just cook a packet of instant noodles when we are hungry. Here is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming such foods. Maybe you should print this and pin it up in the kitchen or dining room as reminder or in your purse if you are always travelling. DO NOT IGNORE THIS ... Especially those fond of easy- to-cook Instant noodles.
WRONG WAY OF COOKING NOODLES:
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot withwater, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it's ready to eat. This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles. By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder,normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic. The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have eaten the noodles.

CORRECT METHOD:
1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water.
2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles."

What do you think people?

9 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by MissyB3(f): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder,normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic.
Credible source, please?
I'm sure more than 90% of noodle lovers is guilty of cooking it the wrong way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by MrSinister(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
I seriously doubt the info you gave. I have been doing some research on msg and i can tell you that the length of time used in boiling the noodles has no effect on the molecular structure of the compound

4 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
We're talking about food, this hungry pesin dey talk noodles. mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Dondav(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
I hate CHEMISTRY

11 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by floriana(m): 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
These people have come again with their theories. We have been eating our noodles jeje for long o. Now e be like say them want tell us another story again ooooo

7 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by chelseabmw(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
THIS STORY IS 100% FALSE.............. Even Chinese people cook indomie the way we do here....why must ur own be different? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by 2million1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
SHORT CUT TO COOKING NOODLES: jst put d tin for cold water before u go bath, b4 u come back d tin don soft, eat ur tin hang ur bag d go school jare

14 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
2 million: SHORT CUT TO COOKING NOODLES: jst put d tin for cold water before u go bath, b4 u come back d tin don soft, eat ur tin hang ur bag d go school jare

too long. Why not kuku eat the thing dry like protein bar?

6 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by ismhab(m): 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Waste of front page.

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
This made front page?
embarassed angry cry
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
@OP
Abeg oo. You want us to start eating noodles like "tuwo shinkafa" We all going to die one day. Enjoy your noodles anyhow you want it juh. If we start giving up a lot of things, life wont even be worth living. Once told my nagging iyawo that if a six pack requires me to give up oily stew, pounded yam, rice, eba and all the good foods that i know, then to hell with six pack. My big tommy will do just fine. The way you described above will totally make the noodles taste like rubbish. It will become excessively soft and soggy.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Knnawuba(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
All said, the best way of eatn noodlez is TO SOAK in hot water and sieve afta 5 mins? grin i do it in the office all the tym! (pocket money thingz). . .https://www.facebook.com/pages/D%C3%ABf%C3%AFn%C3%AFt%C3%ABly-K%C3%AFngsl%C3%ABy/405089899534304
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by slimyem: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
i cook my noodles both ways depending on the level of hunger...
Make msg go siddon abeg!!
Too many precautions...
Too many don'ts...
All just to stay alive..
Na wa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by okooloyun1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
I love noodles cos of the time it takes to get done but i think this long process go even prepare rice so why waste so much time on food that won't belleful me.

4 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by bisi16(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
See teacher asking his pupil what they think... lol

3 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by ujchief(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
I be wan ask wetin be msg, but make i respect myself pretend say i sabi am like others dey form.

9 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by 2million1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

too long. Why not kuku eat the thing dry like protein bar?
u r right, it'll test like biscuit....or what do u tink?

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by oyedun82(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
With all your formula it should nt be called [b]INSTANT[b/] [b]NOODLES[b/]

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by oyedun82(m): 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
2 million: u r right, it'll test like biscuit....or what do u tink?
it ll taste like kuli kuli gari remains d best instant food abi U get method of drinking GARRI grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by mizzyboy007: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Royalty1: Please Note that I stumbled upon this write up on "Colours Of Life" Facebook Page and I can't but wonder, Have I been eating my noodles wrongly all these while? undecided

"BEWARE NOODLE LOVERS : COOKING INSTANT NOODLES IN WRONG WAY IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR HEALTH..

Many of us find it convenient to just cook a packet of instant noodles when we are hungry. Here is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming such foods. Maybe you should print this and pin it up in the kitchen or dining room as reminder or in your purse if you are always travelling. DO NOT IGNORE THIS ... Especially those fond of easy- to-cook Instant noodles.
WRONG WAY OF COOKING NOODLES:
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot withwater, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it's ready to eat. This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles. By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder,normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic. The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have eaten the noodles.

CORRECT METHOD:
1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water.
2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles."

What do you think people?
guy, which kind talk be dis na? Respect ur self oh!!!....na tuwo we dey chop?

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Swagahyk(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
Just click here, keep cooking your indomie as your money grows
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
Can't imagine wasting precious gas to cook and recook indomie that won't eventually satisfy you. Eba takes less time and you are much full and ok, when you add egusi plus panla and fish that looks like it fell from heaven like those roasted cat fish, then indomie will never occur in your daily food at all.

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by emekaD3(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
i eat mine roasted cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by mrkels(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
[size=16pt]Tomorrow text message/bbm message and mails go come saying noodles don dey kill people for asaba and 15 already confirmed dead in lagos because of the way they cook it. Nigerians!!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
grin
mizzyboy007: guy, which kind talk be dis na? Respect ur self oh!!!....na tuwo we dey chop?
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Clemzy16(m): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
I thought noodles was meant to be cooked in not more than 3mins. But with this wright up, hmmm... Na 30mins i dey see o!

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by shadrach77: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
the poster of this article is extremely silly. The whole point of eating noodles is because it's fast to cook. Why would you then need to boil water twice just because you want to cook noodles/ cheesy cheesy cheesy The noodle makers say it's ready for eating in 4 mins. I think they know better and i believe them smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Method of cooking noodles is different from rice.makers of noodles didn't indicate to us this yeye method.that is why it is called "instant noodles" abeg make una take small small dey confuse people!

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nwogbe: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
ujchief: I be wan ask wetin be msg, but make i respect myself pretend say i sabi am like others dey form.
O boy make i follow ask wetin dis msg mean o . Make i dey water soap enta me eye . I beg, make unna explain 4 me and my guy.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Shey na the five days wey e go take my body to excrete the wax na him go kill me abi na wetin?

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by belovedaja(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Dondav: I hate CHEMISTRY
i love chemistry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / See How I Spent ₦1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.