Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements (14581 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce States His Achievements In The Senate / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jonathan Releases N23bn Military Pension Arrears … Orders Review Of Pensioners Allowances (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 12:26am On Sep 17, 2012
Download Book : Here

I went through some illustrious representation of Goodluck's achievements in office "so far". However, the achievements I saw are supposed to be those of our Local governments, or at worst, state governments, example:

On page 43;
Purchase of 3 No Staff Buses
Procurement of 2No of Hiace Buses
Purchase of various office furnishes and fittings

On page 37;
Locally produced tablet developed, equivalent to the iPad. grin

The whole 80 pages have nothing that directly change the plight of the country's poor masses.

We have been hearing 10,000mw by 2010, by 2011, by 2012, but they are mentioning the generated 4,000mw as an achievement, even though it has dropped back to 3,800mw now.

Honestly, GEJ has nothing good to show for his time in office.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 12:29am On Sep 17, 2012
The document claimed to achieved an ICU like this; cry

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 12:30am On Sep 17, 2012
While in India they have something like this;

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 12:32am On Sep 17, 2012
The above difference shows why Patience and her types cannot be treated in Nigeria, because that is the best Intensive Care Unit that Nigeria can achieve so far.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 12:33am On Sep 17, 2012
The document can be found here: http://sureandsteadytransformation.gov.ng/download/Sure_and_Steady_Transformation_Volume_One.pdf

Be warned though, you will be very disappointed even if you are fan of GEJ.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by seunfly: 12:56am On Sep 17, 2012
Auwal though am not a fan of Gej, if you are judging this man in 2years, can you please point at ten thing that all northern president that has rule Nigeria for over 40years have achived, even common education they can't give thier peaple letalone whole Nigeria. Maybe that is why one of them said we have money but we don't know how to spend it. While other leader in other nations were building roads, hospitals, industries, agriculural developments, intelectual developments etc. my friend please lets forgets about sentiments and put our heads together to make Nigeria a great nation.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by auwal87(m): 1:02am On Sep 17, 2012
seunfly: Auwal though am not a fan of Gej, if you are judging this man in 2years, can you please point at ten thing that all northern president that has rule Nigeria for over 40years have achived, even common education they can't give thier peaple letalone whole Nigeria. Maybe that is why one of them said we have money but we don't know how to spend it. While other leader in other nations were building roads, hospitals, industries, agriculural developments, intelectual developments etc. my friend please lets forgets about sentiments and put our heads together to make Nigeria a great nation.

We are not comparing Goodluck with any leader, we are in the present, and Goodluck is the current president, so let's deal with the present.

We want to see achievements like petrol prices dropped, refineries running at 100% capacity, industries opening, jobs created, security improved etc etc.

He is judged in 2 years, because he claimed achievements in 2 years.

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by taharqa: 1:43am On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by dedeike: 1:59am On Sep 17, 2012
I don't know the document you read but I will chronicle my own assessment for you.

In Finance,
For the first time, our recurrent expenditure profile was cut down by 12% thereby increasing funds available for capital projects. Tight fiscal policies and due verification before release of funds for budget implementation. The creation and inauguration of the Soverign Wealth Fund for a three phased development.
 Bio metric evaluation of MDA'S  which has exposed massive corruption in police pensions and subsequent prosecution of the suspects by EFCC.  The  restoration of transperancy and due verification for subsidy claims to oil marketers by NOI.  Introduction of the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds across MDA's.

Our foreign reserves have risen again to a tremendous high of 41 billion dollars. 

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. 

In one year, the  FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry and increase the stake of oil host communities in the management of their oil.
Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

For the first time in this country, a govt has engaged the oil cabal in an anti graft war. We have seen EFCC take subsidy suspects to court. No one is spared. Even the sons of PDP leaders are undergoing prosecution in court for subsidy loot

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, re award for reconstruction of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 26km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia,  Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

Just last week, govt announced the re award of abandoned Abuja-Lokoja highway and the East-West road under SURE P.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways. rehabilitation of Minna-Kaduna line. Award for reconstruction of Lagos-Kano railine to Chinese giants CCCEC. Abuja intercity railway's too.

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports. 11 terminals are also being remodelled and rehabilitated.

Just this week, the govt secured a loan facility for the construction of new airport terminals for four major cities viz, Abuja, Kano, Enugu, Port harcourt.

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, Ihvbour, Egbema, power plants. This has led to the all time generation record of 4,477megawatts.

To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

The best Petroluem minister ever, Diezani Allison Madueke, has responded to the  emergency need for gas supply to the power stations by completing several gas projects and pipelines to evacuate gas to the NIPP's. 

She has successfully  completed the 27kmX24inch permanent gas supply pipeline from Itoki to Olorunshogo via Ewekoro, all in Ogun State; the 56kmX24inch Escravos-Warri gas pipeline - doubling the pipeline capacity and enhancing gas evacuation from Escravos, as well as the 130kmX36inch Oben to Geregu pipeline.

The grand effect is the significant improvement of power nationwide.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by jmaine: 2:24am On Sep 17, 2012
^

Tenacious Dedeike . . . . ..cheesy

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Johndoe100(m): 2:56am On Sep 17, 2012
@OP
Sadly, the truth is you are just an insignificant unknown who thinks that attacking GEJ will bring you notice. The truth, in a day or so both you and your thread will be back whee you both belong. Forgotten

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by okosodo: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2012
its only boko haram ppl that can form this type of thread
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Super1759: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2012
This post should be deleted. Full of crap!! How can you say Goodluck had failed when he is just one year in office. Are feeling fine?
Despite the wave of problems people like you is causing he is pushing further even beyound his might.
Sincerely,if you are given that Aso Rock seat, you won't last a day. So keep quiet and pray for him.
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Demdem(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2012
Dedeike the fool is here again. I waited tenaciously for him to extract my epistles he alleged about but he ran away. The liar of a guy is simply a joke

auwal87: The document can be found here: http://sureandsteadytransformation.gov.ng/download/Sure_and_Steady_Transformation_Volume_One.pdf

Be warned though, you will be very disappointed even if you are fan of GEJ.

Took my time to go through this document and i think it will be fair for me to rate this govt just 7% for the specified time frame ( 2yrs plus)the retardeen has been President. Like i earlier stated in another thread, these are crumbs given to us when the potential (financial and human) to eat raw and decent meat is presently there. Only fools like dedeike will rejoice over such a document.

Besides, previous govts also has documents like this. The question is av we been better for it so far? i expect the retardeen and his team to fight corruption/impunity tenaciously and we will leave this era of crumbs offerings. So far, not impressed at all.
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Gbawe: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2012
Super1759: This post should be deleted. Full of crap!! How can you say Goodluck had failed when he is just one year in office. Are feeling fine?
Despite the wave of problems people like you is causing he is pushing further even beyound his might.
Sincerely,if you are given that Aso Rock seat, you won't last a day. So keep quiet and pray for him.

Nigerians can be so dishonest and deceitful when they have settled on being partisan. Why do you people continue to tell this lie? GEJ has been substantive President for over two years. It is not anyone's fault he totally wasted the first year looting, initiating scams (fuel subsidy), draining accounts (ECA), and bribing everything that moved just to gain another 4 years.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by sheyguy: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2012
Come on guys, have you ever imagined cassava flour going into various baked foods. Sausage will be mainly cassava and beef, eggroll will be cassava and egg. . . And we call it an achievement!
As for power supply, when the Dry season comes let GEJ get back to us on our total generating capacity.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2012
sheyguy: Come on guys, have you ever imagined cassava flour going into various baked foods. Sausage will be mainly cassava and beef, eggroll will be cassava and egg. . . And we call it an achievement!
As for power supply, when the Dry season comes let GEJ get back to us on our total generating capacity.

To be honest, i like this grin grin

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by sheyguy: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2012
As for the ICU, Why isn't Patience using one? . . . It is only good enuf for Achievements Photoshoot Nigerian should admire and not Patience. . . Atleast Patience should have excercised some patience and tested am for her fellow . . .

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by warrior01: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2012
sheyguy: Come on guys, have you ever imagined cassava flour going into various baked foods. Sausage will be mainly cassava and beef, eggroll will be cassava and egg. . . And we call it an achievement!
what's wrong if they are made with cassava flour? I'm 100% with Gej on this; we have to be proud of what we've got and other African nations will follow suit.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by jmaine: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2012

kindly tell me what is wrong in our utilising cassava as a supplement to the normal flour we import to stimulate local cassava production. Which will in turn benefit the farmers and save us a few importation dollars.

Haven't you heard of states seeking to harness the potential of cassava farming native to us . . . . .

sheyguy:

it will be shameful to still come and air this view of yours if the generation capacity is further increased by the end of the year . .what will your excuse be then. .

Advice, start cooking them up now . . .
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Desola(f): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2012
jmaine:

kindly tell me what is wrong in our utilising cassava as a supplement to the normal flour we import to stimulate local cassava production. Which will in turn benefit the farmers and save us a few importation dollars.

Haven't you heard of states seeking to harness the potential of cassava farming native to us . . . . .

it will be shameful to still come and air this view of yours if the generation capacity is further increased by the end of the year . .what will your excuse be then. .

Advice, start cooking them up now . . .

eleriibu!

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by jmaine: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

eleriibu!

It runs in your lineage init undecided . . . Foolishness doesn't pay . . .but in your case . .i feel the poster below who addressed you was probably right

lestat:

You are obviously a frustrated Single mom,who 4 children are fathered by different agberos....
It's okay though, I know prostitution doesn't pay as it used to abi?

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Super1759: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2012
Gbawe:

Nigerians can be so dishonest and deceitful when they have settled on being partisan. Why do you people continue to tell this lie? GEJ has been substantive President for over two years. It is not anyone's fault he totally wasted the first year looting, initiating scams (fuel subsidy), draining accounts (ECA), and bribing everything that moved just to gain another 4 years.
gbawe,go joor.you want me to start argument now. Am busy @work. You know he completed someone's tenure of which he didn't execute any work. If you follow this man very well.you will findout he was dormant those period and was strategizn for his election. When he won the election, he started by suprising us with january fuel subsidy buhaha
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Desola(f): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2012
jmaine:

It runs in your lineage init undecided . . . Foolishness doesn't pay . . .but in your case . .i feel the poster below who addressed you was probably right

Probably? He was one child and one father short of his assumption.

Afofungbemu masanfani akotileta.

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2012
Super1759: gbawe,go joor.you want me to start argument now. Am busy @work. You know he completed someone's tenure of which he was accountable for most works activities. If you follow this man very well.you will findout he was dormant those period and was strategizn for his election.

When will u all stop this crap?
Question: When did GEJ became the President of Nigeria?

Answer that truthfully.
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by jmaine: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Probably? He was one child and one father short of his assumption.

Afofungbemu masanfani akotileta.

Lol . . . . grin . . . . Freelancing local champion . . . .It's time you shift aside for more meaningful exchanges cool

#bizarre maggot

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2012
Oh Seriously? It's out in stores already?
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Iskra: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2012
auwal...I am hoping this is not the auwal I know...have you read the quote that says a people who forget to learn the mistakes of history will repeat the mistakes of history. But more importantly, it is the measure of a sane and balanced mind to look at issues wholistically. For if you allude with such a simplistic mind that GEJ is the current president. I would say you are right but also wrong to absolve the rot and detritus imposed on us by Northern leaders with a most narrow mindset and rabid penchant for thievery.Even though they set the stage we are hoping that with reforms(gradual and acceleraTED BECAUSE WE NEED A MIX OF BOTH)things will begin to change.
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2012
Just when you thought he couldn't descend any lower, he grossly disappoints you! Nigerians don enter one chance with this man o.

Dedeike's cut and paste woulda made a better read, even if na oje marina!
Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by free2ryhme: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2012
auwal87: Download Book : Here

I went through some illustrious representation of Goodluck's achievements in office "so far". However, the achievements I saw are supposed to be those of our Local governments, or at worst, state governments, example:

On page 43;
Purchase of 3 No Staff Buses
Procurement of 2No of Hiace Buses
Purchase of various office furnishes and fittings

On page 37;
Locally produced tablet developed, equivalent to the iPad. grin

The whole 80 pages have nothing that directly change the plight of the country's poor masses.

We have been hearing 10,000mw by 2010, by 2011, by 2012, but they are mentioning the generated 4,000mw as an achievement, even though it has dropped back to 3,800mw now.

Honestly, GEJ has nothing good to show for his time in office.

Jona you are a disgrace to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. you are not fit to be a teacher not to talk of president

Re: Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements by ziccoit: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2012
auwal87: The document claimed to achieved an ICU like this; cry

auwal87: While in India they have something like this;

Available information revealed that Mr GEJ's wife might need ICU care. I don't understand why she is not allow to benefit from what her husband provides. Abi Mr sPEJ no be Nigerian again?

What Are You Doing As A Citizen To Help Nigeria? / Governors Hijacking LG Funds Will Face Trial – Presidency / Tinubu Congratulates Osinbajo At 64, Says He Exhibited Outstanding Loyalty

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68