Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses (16849 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Nigerian Military Step Up Their Game,See A Photo Of Airforce Mi-24 & Its Pilot / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
Demdem:

Fixed cool cool
Thanks.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Abagworo(m): 1:16am On Sep 19, 2012
otokx: @asha 80

Amaechi's work to me is more of cosmetic ingenuity - cannot last the period of time. Its on record the achievements of one time governor - Alfred Diete Spiff. You see Amaechi, was a part of Odili's government and also linked to Omehia so we really did not expect much from him so he has not surprised us. The rains are revealing the quality of work he has done and is doing on the roads.

I will not sit down and let anyone talk down on Amaechi like that. It is wicked of you to have written the above. The quality of roads Amaechi has constructed is the best i have ever seen in Nigeria. Zero laterite, complete underground drainage, road cast with concrete and steel before laying asphalt. Meanwhile there is normal excavation of 6 feet and replacement with sharp sand.

Could you please tell me where the rains revealed the quality of work? Apart from NTA and Rumuola, the rest are superb.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2012
The bolded is FALSE! What do you know about roads? . . .That your "complete underground drainage" is leading to where? The truth is that most roads constructed in Rivers are substandard and it takes professional with field experience to know this.

Akwa ibom roads being built by Julius Berger are the best roads so far in south south, the contract was awarded with maintenance fee and duration of warranty, hence the cost is on the high side.

Julius Berger was brought to Akwa Ibom in 2007 after we deliberated on them me and Late prof. J I Akpabio( PhD chemistry) aka "The Don". we sold the idea to Goodwill Akpabio after a campaign tour, showed him some pictures and he bought it and today they are all smiling. Ekot Ekpene - Abak road was the road we agreed to be dualized first and the rest is now history.

The first thing needed to be done to arrest this ugly situation In Rivers is having a complete drainage system with a single knock out gate and not making disjointed drainage without direction all over the places. Before you shout anything, I'm a strong admirer of Amaechi but we have to call a spade a spade. Take for instance the mile3 - mile1 newly constructed road with drainage, could you tell me where that draining is leading to or to which creek or river? What do you think the purpose of drainage is? Beautification?

Abagworo:

I will not sit down and let anyone talk down on Amaechi like that. It is wicked of you to have written the above. The quality of roads Amaechi has constructed is the best i have ever seen in Nigeria. Zero laterite, complete underground drainage, road cast with concrete and steel before laying asphalt. Meanwhile there is normal excavation of 6 feet and replacement with sharp sand.

Could you please tell me where the rains revealed the quality of work? Apart from NTA and Rumuola, the rest are superb.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Abagworo(m): 7:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: The bolded is FALSE! What do you know about roads? . . .That your "complete underground drainage" is leading to where? The truth is that most roads constructed in Rivers are substandard and it takes professional with field experience to know this.

Akwa ibom roads being built by Julius Berger are the best roads so far in south south, the contract was awarded with maintenance fee and duration of warranty, hence the cost is on the high side.

Julius Berger was brought to Akwa Ibom in 2007 after we deliberated on them me and Late prof. J I Akpabio( PhD chemistry) aka "The Don". we sold the idea to Goodwill Akpabio after a campaign tour, showed him some pictures and he bought it and today they are all smiling. Ekot Ekpene - Abak road was the road we agreed to be dualized first and the rest is now history.

The first thing needed to be done to arrest this ugly situation In Rivers is having a complete drainage system with a single knock out gate and not making disjointed drainage without direction all over the places. Before you shout anything, I'm a strong admirer of Amaechi but we have to call a spade a spade. Take for instance the mike3 - mile1 newly constructed road with drainage, could you tell me where that draining is leading to or to which creek or river? What do you think the purpose of drainage is? Beautification?

The underground drainages are linked. If you had ever been to NTA Road before its re-construction, you would not be writing the above. Give me an example of a drainage that leads to nowhere. He opened up a canal to link Stadium road to a bigger River. Rumuobiakani/Oginigba and Old Aba Road empty into Mini Okoro stream. Amaechi Government is still integrating the drainage system of Port Harcourt. I don't want to compare but Akwa-Ibom is a virgin land and has very little challenges when compared with Rivers. Take Okporo Road for instance where almost 20million Naira is paid per plot as compensation and there are more than 200 houses demolished. If you multiply 200 by 20million, you will understand the simple difference. Akwa-Ibom needs no demolision and high compensation.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 7:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Where is mile3 - mile1 sub- drainage leading to? secondly, I can point to you many others leading to no where, or better still leading to other people's properties.

come to think of this, most roads don't last more than 3 years in rivers before showing sign of fatigue or producing pot holes. Lets not even talk about those constructed by NDDC.

Abagworo:

The underground drainages are linked. If you had ever been to NTA Road before its re-construction, you would not be writing the above. Give me an example of a drainage that leads to nowhere. He opened up a canal to link Stadium road to a bigger River. Rumuobiakani/Oginigba and Old Aba Road empty into Mini Okoro stream. Amaechi Government is still integrating the drainage system of Port Harcourt. I don't want to compare but Akwa-Ibom is a virgin land and has very little challenges when compared with Rivers. Take Okporo Road for instance where almost 20million Naira is paid per plot as compensation and there are more than 200 houses demolished. If you multiply 200 by 20million, you will understand the simple difference. Akwa-Ibom needs no demolision and high compensation.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Abagworo(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: Where is mile3 - mile1 sub- drainage leading to? secondly, I can point to you many others leading to no where, or better still leading to other people's properties.

come to think of this, most roads don't last more than 3 years in rivers before showing sign of fatigue or producing pot holes. Lets not even talk about those constructed by NDDC.

Ikwerre road is linked to Nta Nwogba and some parts to Azikiwe road at Mile one.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2012
It is better to leave a Road unpaved than to allow NDDC touch it. It usually comes off worse in a short while. Some don't last a year. I think Amaechi should take the bull by the horn and work the Port Harcourt section of East-West Road. The bad State of the Road is part of the reason everything he has done remains unappreciated.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2012
Abagworo: It is better to leave a Road unpaved than to allow NDDC touch it. It usually comes off worse in a short while. Some don't last a year. I think Amaechi should take the bull by the horn and work the Port Harcourt section of East-West Road. The bad State of the Road is part of the reason everything he has done remains unappreciated.

U have a good point here. Until something is done about that road even though is FG responsibility, Amaechi remains a failure this second term. Pitiable case but a fact.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Demdem:

U have a good point here. Until something is done about that road even though is FG responsibility, Amaechi remains a failure this second term. Pitiable case but a fact.
Yeah but Fashola is going ahead to widen the Badagry expressway even though it's a Federal road.
I don't buy that excuse at all about the East-West road.
It's pitiable.
Abagworo:

Bros, the high-lighted is not entirely true.
The Sasun road was completed in July but yet the same said road is already developing holes.
It's a known fact that road jobs done by the indigenous contractors are generally shoddy.
Check out the Agip flyover.That's another disaster waiting to happen.
And to be entirely honest, no one knows where most of those said drainages are going to.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2012
No need to be going front and back with what is known to almost all rivers state residents. Just take a ride after small rainfall to the last end of mile one towards Isaac Boro park and report back to this thread.

Abagworo:

Ikwerre road is linked to Nta Nwogba and some parts to Azikiwe road at Mile one.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2012
"That road belongs to the federal government", is the biggest fraud perpetuated by politicians in recent times to run away from their responsibilitlies

Governor Adamu Ma'azu constructed more than 100 km Bauchi - Jos road from state coffers before reclaiming the amount from federal government.

Amaechi is not doing as expected, just that Peter Odilli was a "ghost" and a monumental failure. What is common East - West road? ? ? ?

Demdem:

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Sep 19, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: "That road belongs to the federal government", is the biggest fraud perpetuated by politicians in recent times to run away from their responsibilitlies

Governor Adamu Ma'azu constructed more than 100 km Bauchi - Jos road from state coffers before reclaiming the amount from federal government.

Amaechi is not doing as expected, just that Peter Odilli was a "ghost" and a monumental failure. What is common East - West road? ? ? ?

The bolded is another cause of concern. Are we sure the Fg returns this money. Fashola do complain about the refusal of the FG to refund them ooo
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: No need to be going front and back with what is known to almost all rivers state residents. Just take a ride after small rainfall to the last end of mile one towards Isaac Boro park and report back to this thread.

In fact, that area is a disaster zone.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2012
Well, I think they will if you belong to same party with the central government. During OBJ's tenure most loyalist got their money back, Dunno about GEJ's time.

The bottom line is Rivers state is one of the richest, if not the richest in Nigeria so there is no reason whatsoever to prevent Amaechi from fixing that state with or without FG's presence.

Like you earlier said, Amaechi is becoming a shadow of his first tenure in office. The guy is busy enacting laws that will see him living like a king for the rest of his life, else how could you explain why he proposed a law that will buy him houses in choice locations in both Rivers and Abuja?

His famous quote, "Rivers for Rivers people!" or " Rivers money is for Rivers people, if you are not happy with us then relocate back to your state" . lol.

Demdem:

The bolded is another cause of concern. Are we sure the Fg returns this money. Fashola do complain about the refusal of the FG to refund them ooo
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: Well, I think they will if you belong to same party with the central government. During OBJ's tenure most loyalist got their money back, Dunno about GEJ's time.

The bottom lines is Rivers state is one of the richest, if not the richest in Nigeria so there is no reason whatsoever to prevent Amaechi from fixing that state with or without FG's presence.

Like you earlier said, Amaechi is becoming a shadow of his first tenure in office. The guy is busy enacting laws that will see him living like a king for the rest of his life, else how could you explain why he proposed a law that will buy him houses in choice locations in both Rivers and Abuja?

His famous quote, "Rivers for Rivers people!" or " Rivers money is for Rivers people, if you are not happy with us then relocate back to your state" . lol.

So on point.
The emboldened is why Rivers in general and Port Harcourt specifically won't grow or develop.
There exists a high-level of xenephobia towards non-indigeens of the state,some of whom have meaningful contributions to the development of the area.
Yet when we pay our taxes, they do not remember that we should relocate.
See where the indigenisation project has got a supposed oil-city to: a center of pot-hole infested roads and bridges.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by tit(f): 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tinubu will kill all South South people because of election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki: "The President Buhari We Met Was Witty And Healthy" / 2 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Enrol In National Open University / Abiodun Hands Over 55 Vehicles, 200 Bullet Proofs Vests, Helmets To IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.