Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC (13831 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by BlackMamba2: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2012
A Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/16/nigerias-professor-becomes-first-black-vc-of-university-of-illinois/
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by BlackMamba2: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2012
Nigerians making waves.....
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by slimming: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2012
He must have live there for a long time to attain such a position in a foreign land. Great for him.
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2012
This one no be small achievement oo.
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Stallion77(f): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
[size=16pt]It is a good feat! bravo!! Bravo!!! BRAVO!!![/size]
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
Omo yoruba ni mi o. . .swagger

10 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by bittyend(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Yoruba landing!!!! cool

The Kings of Nigeria, there are two people in Nigeria; Yoruba and the rest.

Follow our lead. cool

14 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by EkoAtlantic: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

cool
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by PaulJohn1: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Kudos to the man. Keep reping Nigeria
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by touchmehard: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nairalanders sef. Look at how they've yorubalized the man's achievement. The news is about the Nigerian and not the yorubaman. Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Stallion77(f): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

see this typical Nigerian don turn am to tribal issue...brother relax! they said Nigerian!!!
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Stallion77:

see this typical Nigerian don turn am to tribal issue...brother relax! they said Nigerian!!!

Even in Nigeria,we all have a state,a local government,a town,a village or a street where we come from.Anyways,it's good to know that the VC is a Nigerian from Ondo state.Even kenyas are proud of Obama
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by fstranger: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Even in Nigeria,we all have a state,a local government,a town,a village or a street where we come from.Anyways,it's good to know that the VC is a Nigerian from Ondo state.Even kenyas are proud of Obama

Dude stop living vicariously through other people's achievements.

When will you learn to be your own man?

#### inferiority complex

4 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

Dude stop living vicariously through other people's achievements.

When will you learn to be your own man?

#### inferiority complex

Whoisthisidiot ?

6 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Whoisthisidiot ?
He's right. You shouldn't use other people's achievement to validate yourself because you're a failure.

3 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by EkoAtlantic: 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
He's right. You shouldn't use other people's achievement to validate yourself because you're a failure.

ta lo laja yii?

3 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wonda if he had commited a crime, will. u b praisin him as a yoruba Man or a nigerian***shm nigerians and dia ethnicity**

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wonda if he had commited a crime, will. u b praisin him as a yoruba Man or a nigerian***smh nigerians and dia ethnicity**
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by alaoeri: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Only a yoruba man can do this from Nigeria. cool

12 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:

Me a failure ? I think you are just bitter because I pointed the man being a yoruba.Btw,who gives a fu'c'k about what you think sef ?!
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by fstranger: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Me a failure ? I think you are just bitter because I pointed the man being a yoruba.Btw,who gives a fu'c'k about what you think sef ?!

1.) Dude you went to FUTA . . . How many successful people go/went to FUTA? Zilch. You are just another one of the many losers from the FUTA warehouse

2.) You cant even write well? Dude, what else do we need to know you are big time failure?

3.) And you seem to always try to validate yourself via other people's achievements, especially people far remote from you. That doesnt necessarily scream success or does it? You are failure. You will always be, Deal with it FUTA boy!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

From his name, one can deduce that he's Yoruba. There's really nothing wrong in pointing out his Yorubaness but there's a problem when you do it to spite other tribes as if those tribes don't have their own list of successful people. Someone even sent to the extent of mentioning that there are two tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba and the rest. Now, is that man the first NIgerian to be made a VC?

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by dafman10(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
A feat dat we as Nigerians supose dey celebrate, dis Ibo n Yoruba peeps don turn am to tribal bashing contest. I tire for una walai. Nonsense....

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
From his name, one can deduce that he's Yoruba. There's really nothing wrong in pointing out his Yorubaness but there's a problem when you do it to spite other tribes as if those tribes don't have their own list of successful people. Someone even sent to the extent of mentioning that there are two tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba and the rest. Now, is that man the first NIgerian to be made a VC?

I only sang a song and nothing more.

grin grin grin why is this omo ibo getting mushy over this grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by EkoAtlantic: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I only sang a song and nothing more.

grin grin grin why is this omo ibo getting mushy over this grin grin grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Rossikk(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
@poster, did you go to school at all? What sort of illiterate headline did you post? It should be ''NIGERIAN PROFESSOR BECOMES FIRST BLACK .......'', NOT ''NIGERIA'S PROFESSOR BECOMES.....''.

I'm getting sick of folks posting illiterate, careless headlines on this NL. Go back to school if you have English problems please!!!

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:

grin grin grin

Na this kind thing dey pain pass o. See ya white teeth. cheesy
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
Rossikk: @poster, did you go to school at all? What sort of illiterate headline did you post? It should be ''NIGERIAN PROFESSOR BECOMES FIRST BLACK .......'', NOT ''NIGERIA'S PROFESSOR BECOMES.....''.

I'm getting sick of folks posting illiterate, careless headlines on this NL. Go back to school if you have English problems please!!!

Can't you just correct him without being condescending? Oga English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by EkoAtlantic: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Na this kind thing dey pain pass o. See ya white teeth. cheesy
na teeth won commot by force o. na wetin i won do be this cheesy , but na grin dey come out by force
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
Yeah, he is not the first black anything at University of Illinois ooo. I believe the last Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs was black too. And he is not the VC of the University but VC of Academic Affairs. Two different things please @Poster. Please Correct your topic.
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: Yeah, he is not the first black anything at University of Illinois ooo. I believe the last Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs was black too. And he is not the VC of the University but VC of Academic Affairs. Two different things please @Poster. Please Correct your topic.
He was the VC of Academic Affairs but just became the general VC recently. At least that's what the article says.
Re: Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
It's the same person.
huh? The last VC Academic Affairs was him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KASU Medical Students On The Streets Again Over Non-accreditation / UNIBEN Bans Social Activities On Campus Over Student’s Murder / Imsu 2015/2016 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.