Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling (1576 Views)

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling by mefunemd: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
Guys, I need ur help with possible solution to this challenge. The front wheel of my Sienna becomes very hot whenever am on a long distance journey. What can i do to stop this..........................
Re: Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
How hot is very hot? Tyres will get hot during sustained high-speed driving. If the tyres are under-inflated, there'll be more friction, due to increased rolling resistance. Friction builds up heat. If the brakes are binding, the wheels themselves will get extremely hot, especially the bolts / nuts.

So...you need to check tyre pressures first, before anything else, then test.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling by Denn(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
in addition to checking the PSI readings for the tyres, confirm if the temperature 'feel' is the same with the back tyres or if its only the front tyres.Also remember that the engine is in front......smiley

in addition, confirm how the brake pedal feels upon depression when your wheels get hot...be sure its not your brake acting up

1 Like

Re: Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling by kenmaro: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2012
Also, check to be sure your calipers are running properly. If not, they might need some little routine servicing.
Re: Toyota Sienna 98 - Front Tyres Becomes Very Hot When Travelling by mefunemd: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Thank u all for the insight....@Siena thanks a lot, the tyres becomes extremely hot to the extent that it start smelling like burnt tyre and am forced to stop at different intervals for them to cool off before progressing on the journey .Can u pls refer me to a suitable Auto work shop where i can fix this and how much will it cost.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Reliable German / Does Vehicle Wires Expire? Case Of Endless Repairs Of A Ford Scorpio / Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.