Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad (59323 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Travelling Abroad With Large Sums / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2012
otus4me: Well it's not their fault, it's the situation in the country. And by the way, what about those that are in nigeria and with expired visa.

What situation in the country exactly?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Vicjustice: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2012
otus4me: Well it's not their fault, it's the situation in the country. And by the way, what about those that are in nigeria and with expired visa.
"The situation in the country"? This doesn't make sense.
By the way, who are the people responsible for the situation in the country, is it the woman selling Akara at the Junction or the politicians who travel abroad to deliver their children and can afford to pay $50k?
Those who can afford to travel abroad has no justification to complain of the situation of the country

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by obowunmi(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2012
horny4u:

....in the voice of Tony Blair : the only people who can help Africa are Africans.....

The U.S hospital is grateful.

Veery grateful.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 18, 2012
Whats the meaning of EU and USA please, is it a name for condoms ? Who cares about those places when we have Owerri, Tinapa, Dubai and China. Arabs are showing them pepper and they are denying Nigerians visa...

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by wowo2: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2012
ignis:
Their children will become an automatic citizen of the UK or any country they are born. The y dont need a visa to go or stay there

Rules differ from country to country. That stopped in 1983 in the UK i think. Now one of the parents has to be a british citizen or has to have permanent residency before the child can be a british citizen.

3 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by acetee: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2012
190: Nigerians

Very wonderful set of human beings

Thank God I'm american so this doesn't apply 2me undecided
na who ask u question?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by coalcoal1(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2012
tellwsdom:

Bros, it doesn't matter how you showcase your hatred for it here in pretence...The fact still remains, U GO RUSH AMERICAN VISA ONCE YOU FIND ONE! sad sad

Everybody is not like you. SMH
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Whats the meaning of EU and USA please, is it a name for condoms ? Who cares about those places [b]when we have Owerri, Tinapa, Dubai and China. [/b]Arabs are showing them pepper and they are denying Nigerians visa...

Why are they not going to those places to have their babies for free?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by timbros(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2012
76Naira: Thanks a lot poster.
You cut it clean and pretty.

As for those of you here asking why people need a foreign citizenship. I am glad it's not all of us who see the value yet.
I am not so interested as an individual. However, my job takes me around the world and I get called up for jobs in 24 hours notice.
I have come to see how much one misses out when you face the harsh reality of VISA applications with possibility for denials. ESPECIALLY WITH OUR BAD RECORDS!
This can stunt your professional growth & deny you of valuable visibility in your career regardless of how good people like me are in what we do.

For my kids, I sorted that out. They have dual citizenship and yes I paid all bills to the last dime within a week of the services for both kids.
We have been stopped a couple of times to check that we paid those bills and on one occasion, told we should be happy we made the right choices with the bills or it could have gotten ugly.

If my 2 kids chose to study in France & work in Australia while owning companies in South America and work with contacts in Asia, they will not need to plead with these countries for VISAs. After all are VISAs not an opening into a closed community? So, how does it hurt me if I don't need any invitation to get in?

Cheers.

Beware of pride... Stop praising urself. Let onlookers do that smiley

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2012
Siga: ...Na wa for u ooo Mr Mental Slavery.....so, White people wey dey come naija are all enslaved too....let me tell u...if u are even offered a 1 week visa to go to US, UK or even India for conference.....u go jump on am....

I laugh a thousand times. For your information I had my masters in the US. I also met my wife there. May God open your eyes to view the world beyond your nose.!!
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by xynerise: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2012
Thanks poster.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by sashbaby(f): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2012
Few months back a naija lady skipped town after giving birth to set of triplet without settling her bills in the uk. Costing the health scheme over a £100,000. Trust naija pple to abuse everything.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by barinnbomi: 9:13am On Sep 18, 2012
Most tourists to the United States require a valid tourist visa, such as a B2 visa or an ESTA.

A B2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits tourists to visit the United States temporarily. B2 visa holders are permitted to sightsee, visit family and friends or receive medical treatment in the US.

Tourists from participating VWP (Visa Waiver Program) countries are required to apply online for an ESTA before departing for their trip.

Non disclosure of intent is not same as unpaid bills. lets try not to misinform the public.

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by maclatunji: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain: I'm just baffled by the way US/UK visas are reverred and worshipped by Africans. This poster makes it look as if a denial of these visa is a denial to a happy life. As if the visas are a ticket to eternal life. God free us from mental slavery. Amen.

LOL. However, you would be shocked at the number of people who would have their hearts in their mouths over this thread. You no wan make dem go America and London (Even person wey dey one remote Welsh village).
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by blackedwin: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by dotcomnamename: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2012
Vicjustice: It is a known fact that most pregnant women would prefer to give birth to their babies abroad (preferably in the USA or the UK, or other advanced EU countries), and some women with tourist visas had even succeeded in realising this objective: and a lot of such women even got away with hospital or social bills: but little do they know that the bills forever remain pending against their names. Now, it is important to know that most of the women who gave birth to babies in these country often get hunted back with the repercussions as they become long-term or permanently ineligible for Tourist/Visit visa.
Be advised that it is a serious violation to conceal pregnancy during visa application (especially when you know that your due date falls on the period that you would be abroad), and it is even more serious to give birth abroad if your visa is not issued on medical ground: and worse still, to deny the awareness.
Now, unlike the merciful 10 years ban that may be applicable with the UK, You may never be issued a US visa again: this violation MAY attract a life ban from the USA depending on circumstances and judgement.
It is not illegal to apply for a Tourist/Visit visa as a pregnant woman, but it would be a violation if you undisclosed your condition to the Visa officer (for the purpose of giving birth to your baby abroad).
So, if you are applying for a Tourist/Visit visa while pregnant and you know that there is a high chance that you will give birth abroad, then, i advice you not to withhold the information from the visa officer because, withholding it and giving birth abroad is a very serious abuse that you may have to regret the rest of your life. Be warned

Note: This may not directly apply to pregnant women who hold long term visas, but yet, you are advised to carefully read the terms and conditions of your visa, or make enquiries so you don't be an ignorant violator: Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse

You're right, but its not only in US & UK, IRELAND has the highest rate of Nigerians giving birth on the Island of the Ireland mostly through the Asylum system.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by tellwsdom: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

I laugh a thousand times. For your information I had my masters in the US. I also met my wife there. May God open your eyes to view the world beyond your nose.!!

Why didn't u to stay in NIGERIA for your masters?? U even went all the way , having a wife there! Why U.S OGA?? ***Anybody can be anything on NL anyway*** undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2012
tellwsdom:

Why didn't u to stay in NIGERIA for your masters?? U even went all the way , having a wife there! Why U.S OGA?? ***Anybody can be anything on NL anyway*** undecided undecided

How does that relate to my comment. How does that imply that I consider a US Visa a ticket to eternal bliss. I'm amazed @ the kind of characters that have invaded the once pristine and civil Nairaland. It's high time Seun embarks on a massive purge of "Illegal Immigrants" on Nairaland. May be he should start issuing visas too. No visa, No Posts.

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain: I'm just baffled by the way US/UK visas are reverred and worshipped by Africans. This poster makes it look as if a denial of these visa is a denial to a happy life. As if the visas are a ticket to eternal life. God free us from mental slavery. Amen.

This is coming from the same person who studied and married in US?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Did my comment suggest or imply any condemnation of the US? I only expressed my amazement at the level of desperation & reverence for US Visas. The fact remains that US Visas will never be the ultimate passport to eternal bliss. A wrong attitude is a ticket to failure regardless of where you reside. The right attitude and tenacity of purpose will open doors for you in any clime. I still pray that we all free ourselves from mental slavery. Opportunities exist everywhere. If you are observant you will notice that a lot of our white brothers are moving to Africa & South East Asia in search on the massive opportunities in these economies. Growth has really peaked in the US & EU for most sectors. Africa is one of the few markets with inherent opportunities for growth!

4 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise: [/b]

No mind am...Who doesn't like better tin. Y U NO do ur masters for Nigeria. Abi Unilag IMSU and UNICAL no dey? So much for mental slavery. Abeg cut the crap jare. There are more educational, financial and job opportunities in the U.S and everybody knows that. And the system is favorable to an hardworker (which must nigerians are). I would grab an opportunity to the U.S with both hands and I don't blame anybody else who does the same.

4 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

Did my comment suggest or imply any condemnation of the US? I only expressed my amazement at the level of desperation & reverence for US Visas. The fact remains that US Visas will never be the ultimate passport to eternal bliss. A wrong attitude is a ticket to failure regardless of where you reside. The right attitude and tenacity of purpose will open doors for you in any clime. I still pray that we all free ourselves from mental slavery. Opportunities exist everywhere. If you are observant you will notice that a lot of our white brothers are moving to Africa & South East Asia in search on the massive opportunities in these economies. Growth has really peaked in the US & EU for most sectors. Africa is one of the few markets with inherent opportunities for growth!

Yes naa....It's easy for them to cme back to Africa after the exposure they av gotten from the U.S and the dollars they bring frm working a couple of years in the U.S... Seriously, Sir, you have no point.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:

No mind am...Who doesn't like better tin. Y U NO do ur masters for Nigeria. Abi Unilag IMSU and UNICAL no dey? So much for mental slavery. Abeg cut the crap jare. There are more educational, financial and job opportunities in the U.S and everybody knows that. And the system is favorable to an hardworker (which must nigerians are). I would grab an opportunity to the U.S with both hands and I don't blame anybody else who does the same.

I guess you "Tag Line" says it all! It says exactly what I think : "Don't take me too serious..."

Thanks for that. I would do exactly that ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2012
And these people keep disgracing us all over the world.
Sighs...
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

You are being too faced here, why did you not study in Nigeria? You paid millions of naira just to get US visa and study there, by the way...how did you manged badly not to understand the purpose of this thread?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:
Abeg joor. People should stop spewing trash. They're so many benefits for ur children to be U.S citizens. The U.S takes care of her citizens unlike Naija. If u want to apply to grad school in the U.S for example for being a U.S citizen, there are so many grants, scholarships for U.S citizens and U.S states permanent residents that u'll pay close to nuffin for ur education. In Nigeria, even if u've live in Ibadan all your life, University of Ibadan doesn't even send u. And that is just one facet of life. I will also want my kids to be U.S citizens.

In as much as I agree with you on the numerous benefits one is capable of getting if one is a US citizen, what most Nigerians have failed to recognized is that there is massive dynamics changing the world order, which is even surprising these countries we herald so much. The sooner Nigerians realized this fact the better for them. Who would have thought of what is currently happening to these countries we regard as "heaven on earth" a decade ago.

Take for example, in the 1990s, several citizens of Argentina migrated to Spain, their colonial master. Guess what is happening now? Spanish are moving in droves to Argentina in search of greener pasture because Argentina's economy is far more buoyant than Spain's economy.

Most of the countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, UK, etc.) are in fragile state and poverty is on the increase by the day. Also, recent statistics from US has revealed that one in every six American is living below poverty line and that middle class Americans are getting squeezed by the day and with many of them falling to low class category.

Nigerians should know that things are changing so fast globally due to globalization and dwindling global resources vis-a-vis the explosion in global population and that the countries we have always regarded as "heaven on earth" are not finding it funny anymore. These countries are tightening their games in order to ensure survival for their citizens and by extension, polarization and bigotry are now the order of the day in these countries. Just like someone said in the past, there are three classes of citizenship in most of these countries (First class citizens are the original citizens, second class citizens are children of immigrants who are citizens and those by birth, while third class citizens are those that naturalized). Although I am not a pessimist, I am of the views that things may likely get worse with time if things continue to be the way they are now in the near future.

In a nut shell, my point is that Nigerians with the mentality of giving birth abroad as a way of fleeing from the economic woes of Nigeria should better have a rethink because those countries they are looking up to are not finding it easy anymore and the sooner Nigerians recognized this fact the better for us all

3 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:

Yes naa....It's easy for them to cme back to Africa after the exposure they av gotten from the U.S and the dollars they bring frm working a couple of years in the U.S... Seriously, Sir, you have no point.
Actually,he has a point.
You chose not to see it.

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2012
And for those,who are voluntary dual citizens;
i hope you guys know that you can't take up elective positions in the Nigerian govt.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

You are being too faced here, why did you not study in Nigeria? You paid millions of naira just to get US visa and study there, by the way...how did you manged badly to understand the purpose of this thread?

I understand your fears. No one likes anything that challenges their fixated view of the world. No one likes anything that sheds light on their innate fear of the future, especially in a country that offers little or no hope. May God Grant U All US Visas. I wish U all a Blissful Life Ahead. Okay?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2012
Southerners and their obsession with the West, the God they worship. What's wrong with having your baby where you are valued and among your own people?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

In as much as I agree with you on the numerous benefits one is capable of getting if one is a US citizen, what most Nigerians have failed to recognized is that there is massive dynamics changing the world order, which is even surprising these countries we herald so much. The sooner Nigerians realized this fact the better for them. Who would have thought of what is currently happening to these countries we regard as "heaven on earth" a decade ago.

Take for example, in the 1990s, several citizens of Argentina migrated to Spain, their colonial master. Guess what is happening now? Spanish are moving in droves to Argentina in search of greener pasture because Argentina's economy is far more buoyant than Spain's economy.

Most of the countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, UK, etc.) are in fragile state and poverty is on the increase by the day. Also, recent statistics from US has revealed that one in every six American is living below poverty line and that middle class Americans are getting squeezed by the day and with many of them falling to low class category.

Nigerians should know that things are changing so fast globally due to globalization and dwindling global resources vis-a-vis the explosion in global population and that the countries we have always regarded as "heaven on earth" are not finding it funny anymore. These countries are tightening their games in order to ensure survival for their citizens and by extension, polarization and bigotry are now the order of the day in these countries. Just like someone said in the past, there are three classes of citizenship in most of these countries (First class citizens are the original citizens, second class citizens are children of immigrants who are citizens and those by birth, while third class citizens are those that naturalized). Although I am not a pessimist, I am of the views that things may likely get worse with time if things continue to be the way they are now in the near future.

In a nut shell, my point is that Nigerians with the mentality of giving birth abroad as a way of fleeing from the economic woes of Nigeria should better have a rethink because those countries they are looking up to are not finding it easy anymore and the sooner Nigerians recognized this fact the better for us all
Do you think they are not aware of this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) / Best European Country To Live In. / Nigerian Men Rejoice After Crossing The Mediterranean Sea Into Europe (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.