Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad (59319 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Travelling Abroad With Large Sums / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

You are being too faced here, why did you not study in Nigeria? You paid millions of naira just to get US visa and study there, by the way...how did you manged badly not to understand the purpose of this thread?
I know you will always grab any opportunity to defend your 21st century slavery.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: I know you will always grab any opportunity to defend your 21st century slavery.

Do you have anything sensible to say about this topic?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

I understand your fears. No one likes anything that challenges their fixated view of the world. No one likes anything that sheds light on their innate fear of the future, especially in a country that offers little or no hope. May God Grant U All US Visas. I wish U all a Blissful Life Ahead. Okay?
lol
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: Do you think they are not aware of this?

Majority are not and that is while many will leave a paying job in Nigeria and take the millions they have saved for years in the name of schooling abroad only to be disappointed upon arrival...Things are changing fast and the sooner we Nigerians recognized it the better for us all because the third world war that is imminent may not be in the form of weapons and ammunition

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

I understand your fears. No one likes anything that challenges their fixated view of the world. No one likes anything that sheds light on their innate fear of the future, especially in a country that offers little or no hope. May God Grant U All US Visas. I wish U all a Blissful Life Ahead. Okay?

You just failed miserably to defend your random comment, aren't you being a hypocrite by trying to condemn people for exactly the same thing you have done?

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

Majority are not and that is while many will leave a paying job in Nigeria and take the millions they have saved for years [b]in the name of schooling abroad [/b]only to be disappointed upon arrival...Things are changing fast and the sooner we Nigerians recognized it the better for us all because the third world war that is imminent may not be in the form of weapons and ammunition

Is this thread about studying abroad?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

Majority are not and that is while many will leave a paying job in Nigeria and take the millions they have saved for years in the name of schooling abroad only to be disappointed upon arrival...Things are changing fast and the sooner we Nigerians recognized it the better for us all because the third world war that is imminent may not be in the form of weapons and ammunition
well,let them go.
We are over-populated anyway.
Besides,the asians flocking into africa will take their place.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

Is this thread about studying abroad?

They are all connected because we are just too obsessed with traveling abroad and hence nobody thinks about what he or she can contribute to better the lots of Nigerians. It is always about me and my family and nothing more.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Vicjustice: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2012
nagoma: Southerners and their obsession with the West, the God they worship. What's wrong with having your baby where you are valued and among your own people?
You're definitely a Northern Muslim and sound more like a member of the Boko Haram sect: Is western influence a sin?

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

They are all connected because we are just too obsessed with traveling abroad and hence nobody thinks about what he or she can contribute to better the lots of Nigerians. It is always about me and my family and nothing more.

They are not connected, this thread is about Nigerians abusing foreign health care system.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2012
Vicjustice:
You're definitely a Northern Muslim and sound more like a member of the Boko Haram sect: Is western influence a sin?

This is not influence. It is obsession. If you are not taken to America as slaves , you strive and do everything to get there and be a street cleaner or serve hamburgers at McDonalds' and you want your babies born as American Nigga slaves. That's the truth.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

They are not connected, this thread is about Nigerians abusing foreign health care system.
How about Nigerians abusing Nigeria,by spending cash meant for the country, in the west.
Does that sound better.?

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

What is the motivation for such?

1. Citizenship for their children because they see no hope in Nigeria in terms of opportunity
2. They consider the West to be superior and hence have no value for whatever emanate from us

What are the reasons for those travelling in the name of schooling?
Guess the same reasons above

So they are connected whether you admit it or not, and the bottom line is that we have a poor mentality fueled by our perverted value system.

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

What is the motivation for such?

1. Citizenship for their children because they see no hope in Nigeria in terms of opportunity
2. They consider the West to be superior and hence have no value for whatever emanate from us

What are the reasons for those travelling in the name of schooling?
Guess the same reasons above

So they are connected whether you admit it or not, and the bottom line is that we have a poor mentality fueled by our perverted value system.

You keep getting it wrong, this thread is about Nigerians abusing foreign health care system, whether they are doing it to get a better future for their kids is not the issue, the op is basically saying....pay for your hospital bills and stop abusing the system.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: How about Nigerians abusing Nigeria,by spending cash meant for the country, in the west.
Does that sound better.?

Go and watch paint dry.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

Go and watch paint dry.
lol
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by buchibabe: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2012
No be today nyash dey back. Weda dem block all avenues or not,there must always be a way out. Besides I want d best for my kids. I dnt want dem to go thru what I hv. So i must download dia

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by buchibabe: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2012
I won't default by not paying dia bills o. Bt e go b dia

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2012
buchibabe: I won't default by not paying dia bills o. Bt e go b dia
smh
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2012
buchibabe: No be today nyash dey back. Weda dem block all avenues or not,there must always be a way out. Besides I want d best for my kids. I dnt want dem to go thru what I hv. So i must download dia

Sure but pay for it
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

You keep getting it wrong, this thread is about Nigerians abusing foreign health care system, whether they are doing it to get a better future for their kids is not the issue, the op is basically saying....pay for your hospital bills and stop abusing the system.

We are saying the same thing my bro but in different tone. We are more or less talking about "cause" and "effect"; while you are talking about the "effect", I am talking about the "cause". I guess you will agree with me that there will be no "effect" without a "cause". We will not be talking about foreign health system being abused if we put our house in order and Nigerians are proud of their country. Will a German or any citizen of one of the developed countries think of going to US in the name of giving birth talk less of abusing the US system? The answer is capital NO.

So my point is that there is a poor mentality among Nigerians which must be addressed and once that is taken care of there will be no abuse to talk about

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by buchibabe: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: smh

Y shake ur head? I dnt want my kids to go thr what I hv. My mom is stil regrettin y she didn't have her kids abroad wen she had d opportunity to. Even wen her friends all had dia kids abroad now,its nt like dey r toooo rich,bt atleast dey hv a govt who cares for d needs of dia citzens and better job opportunities unlike some of here struggling fr hand to mouth. Even if dey com bk to naija after dia birth,for dia education and return wen dey r matured. Its okAbeg I want a solid future for my kids

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

You just failed miserably to defend your random comment, aren't you being a hypocrite by trying to condemn people for exactly the same thing you have done?

Who is this? cheesy
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by cdamsel(f): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2012
190: Nigerians

Very wonderful set of human beings

Thank God I'm american so this doesn't apply 2me undecided
y re u trying so hard 2 convice urself (cos no b us) dat u re nt a 9gerian?u don b obama cuz? undecided
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

Who is this? cheesy

You tell me
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2012
Yes..It's related to education and welfare and even opportunities. Why are people running to the U.S and the U.K to deliver their children? Simple. They do not believe in our systems (health, education, welfare etc). And can u blame them? Even our govt is showing high level of un seriousness. For example I want to do ans Msc in xyz engineering. How is the Nigerian government supporting me to do such? What aids exist? Go to the U.S and see the way they support their citizens in form of scholarships, teaching assistanships, fellowships etc. Even in our health care system, there is no respite. See the amount of people that we see on social networks requiring funding to treat ailments and they are all Nigerian citizens in a country that has no health support system and has no health insurance while we have some people that loot our economy dry without punishment. Can you tell me where the hope in Nigeria is? Not to talk of our high unemployment rate and zero infrastructure. If only we had a serious leadership that we could believe in. I WILL NOT PUT MY FUTURE AND THAT OF MY UNBORN CHILDREN IN THE HANDS OF JONATHAN AND THE PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by buchibabe: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:
Yes..It's related to education and welfare and even opportunities. Why are people running to the U.S and the U.K to deliver their children? Simple. They do not believe in our systems (health, education, welfare etc). And can u blame them? Even our govt is showing high level of un seriousness. For example I want to do ans Msc in Bleep engineering. How is the Nigerian government supporting me to do such? What aids exist? Go to the U.S and see the way they support their citizens in form of scholarships, teaching assistanships, fellowships etc. Even in our health care system, there is no respite. See the amount of people that we see on social networks requiring funding to treat ailments and they are all Nigerian citizens in a country that has no health support system and has no health insurance while we have some people that loot our economy dry without punishment. Can you tell me where the hope in Nigeria is? Not to talk of our high unemployment rate and zero infrastructure. If only we had a serious leadership that we could believe in. I WILL NOT PUT MY FUTURE AND THAT OF MY UNBORN CHILDREN IN THE HANDS OF JONATHAN AND THE PDP.

My dear u hav said it all. Our so called giant of africa have not given us reasons to risk our lives n furure for it

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by joeland(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2012
buchibabe:

My dear u hav said it all. Our so called giant of africa have not given us reasons to risk our lives n furure for it

who calls you giant of africa?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

Go and watch paint dry.
Lwkmd
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2012
buchibabe:

Y shake ur head? I dnt want my kids to go thr what I hv. My mom is stil regrettin y she didn't have her kids abroad wen she had d opportunity to. Even wen her friends all had dia kids abroad now,its nt like dey r toooo rich,bt atleast dey hv a govt who cares for d needs of dia citzens and better job opportunities unlike some of here struggling fr hand to mouth. Even if dey com bk to naija after dia birth,for dia education and return wen dey r matured. Its okAbeg I want a solid future for my kids
ok o.
Those born in Nigeria don't have a solid future.
You try.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:
Yes..It's related to education and welfare and even opportunities. Why are people running to the U.S and the U.K to deliver their children? Simple. They do not believe in our systems (health, education, welfare etc). And can u blame them? Even our govt is showing high level of un seriousness. For example I want to do ans Msc in Bleep engineering. How is the Nigerian government supporting me to do such? What aids exist? Go to the U.S and see the way they support their citizens in form of scholarships, teaching assistanships, fellowships etc. Even in our health care system, there is no respite. See the amount of people that we see on social networks requiring funding to treat ailments and they are all Nigerian citizens in a country that has no health support system and has no health insurance while we have some people that loot our economy dry without punishment. Can you tell me where the hope in Nigeria is? Not to talk of our high unemployment rate and zero infrastructure. If only we had a serious leadership that we could believe in. I WILL NOT PUT MY FUTURE AND THAT OF MY UNBORN CHILDREN IN THE HANDS OF JONATHAN AND THE PDP.

All your points are valid and I understand you very well. But will running away make Nigeria better? The answer is NO. Why do you think the few wicked politicians and thieves are succeeding with their loots? The answer is because they understand the Nigerian psyche, which is: it is me and me alone. So they loot without stress because they know that the average Nigerian does not really mind what is happening in government and hence there is no strong reason to be accountable.

Another thing many of us are not aware of is that these countries we consider heaven on earth are becoming saturated by the day and in no distant time, you will begin to see the horrible things that the first class citizens will be doing to the second class and third class citizens. The very rosy America and Europe we know or heard of a decade or two ago are disappearing fast and the sooner we all sit down to put our house in order the better for all of us because the children we are thinking of making second or third class citizens of America will ask us one day if we were sub-human to white Americans when they grow up to see what the first class (white) American citizens will be doing to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 11:36am On Sep 18, 2012
buchibabe:

yeah.
it is always what my country will do for me,when people like you spend thousands of dollars in foreign hospitals,in foreign universities,buying foreign goods,at the detriment of your country.
Do you think the U.S just became what it is over-night?
Do you know what their citizens payed for their development?
You people are embarassing the rest of us with your 'rat' attitude.
Always looking for sugar,everywhere.
Damn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) / Best European Country To Live In. / Nigerian Men Rejoice After Crossing The Mediterranean Sea Into Europe (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.