Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Explain This Piece Of History If You Can - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Explain This Piece Of History If You Can (980 Views)

Pls Mod! Chalk Me Buy Taking This Piece To The Front Page. Pls I Beg You. Thanks / MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students / Name The Novels In This Piece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by slenderdude: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
I stumbled on this piece and I was thinking somebody here can explain the “coincidence”
Abraham Lincoln was elected to congress in 1846
John F. Kennedy was also elected to congress in 1846
Abraham Lincoln was elected president in 1860
JFK was also elected president in 1960
AB & JFK were particularly concerned with civil rights
AB & JFK’s wives lost their children while living in the white house
Both presidents were shot on a Friday
Both presidents were shot in the head
Here is the tricky part:
President Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy
President Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln
Both presidents were assassinated by southerners
Both presidents were succeeded by southerners named Johnson
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908
John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1938
Both assassins were known by their three names
Both names composed of fifteen letters
There is more…………………………………………..
Lincoln was shot at a theater named “FORD”
Kennedy was shot in a car called “LINCOLN” made by FORD
Lincoln was shot in a THEATER and his killer ran and hid in a WAREHOUSE
Kennedy was shot from a WAREHOUSE and his killer ran and hid in a THEATER
Both assassins were assassinated before their trials
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in MONROE, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn MONROE.
Creepy huh?
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 20, 2012
Speechless
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Yujin(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2012
This must be the highest coincidence ever. Kudos to the discoverer. Is there a space for it in the Guiness Book of Records.
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by sino(m): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
I read this a long time ago, its creepy though but erm, its history repeating itself i guess... undecided
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by vescucci(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2012
It is pretty fascinating but I'm sure the truth has been stretched in some places. I'm glad we're all agreed they are coincidences, creepy nonetheless.
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Tenderly1(f): 11:39am On Sep 22, 2012
This is where cultism falls in.
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Tenderly1: This is where cultism falls in.

bleep u
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Tenderly1(f): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ipso Loquita:

please bleep me
owsh are you that desperate?
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Nickydrake(m): 12:54am On Sep 27, 2012
If you are curious enough to google the very word 'coincidence', you will be sure to encounter stories that match and perhaps surpass that really chilling trick fate played on the two presidents.
The tale of Major Summerford ranks high among my favourites, as well as that of Joseph Figlock and the careless mother.

Perhaps the most bizarre of them all is the story of certain unnamed brothers who met with death on separate occasions at a certain junction in Bermuda. Each had been riding the very same motorbike, been struck by the very same taxi, which was of course driven by the particular driver on each occasion. And what is even more incredible is that said taxi had the same passenger in it on both occasions. The accidents are said to have occurred exactly a year apart. Creepy eh?
Re: Explain This Piece Of History If You Can by Heeyhun(f): 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nickydrake: If you are curious enough to google the very word 'coincidence', you will be sure to encounter stories that match and perhaps surpass that really chilling trick fate played on the two presidents.
The tale of Major Summerford ranks high among my favourites, as well as that of Joseph Figlock and the careless mother.

Perhaps the most bizarre of them all is the story of certain unnamed brothers who met with death on separate occasions at a certain junction in Bermuda. Each had been riding the very same motorbike, been struck by the very same taxi, which was of course driven by the particular driver on each occasion. And what is even more incredible is that said taxi had the same passenger in it on both occasions. The accidents are said to have occurred exactly a year apart. Creepy eh?
really creepy

(1) (Reply)

Find My Baby / POLITICAL IDEAS: AN INTRODUCTION – A BOOK REVIEW (AUTHORS: JAMES COSMAS UDOKANG / Soldiers Of The Jihad- A First Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.