Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

How Foreigners View Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Foreigners View Nigerians (1562 Views)

How Foreigners Secure Voters’ Cards In Akwa Ibom. / How Foreigners Secure Voters’ Cards In Akwa Ibom. / Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Foreigners View Nigerians by Wallie(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
I worded the topic this way to fit the theme of the Political Section since I can't really figure out where to post this.

Have you ever wondered how Nigerians are viewed by the rest of the world? Nigerians are known to specialize in 419-type crimes even though other countries are now jumping on the bandwagon. But the fact still remains that Nigeria's name will be the first to come up when "advance fee fraud" is mentioned. Can you post a copy of 419 emails sent to you? By the way, the “419” code is well known over here!

I find it amazing that people actually fall for this type of scam! Here's one I just received.

reply-to: yaktamika@ymail.com
to:
date: Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM
subject: Re Hi
signed-by: yahoo.com

Hello Dear,

My name is Miss Tamika Yak,i'm 23years old originated from Sudan. My father Dr. Justin Yak Arop was the former Minister for SPLA Affairs and Special Adviser to President Salva Kiir of South Sudan for Decentralization. My father Dr. Justin Yak and my mother including other top Military officers and top government officials had been on board when the plane crashed on Friday May 02, 2008.

I am in position of US$8.4 Million which I inherited from my late father, I want you to help me receive the money in your account also help me invest it in your country.Please I have suffered alot of humuliation from my immidiate uncles due to this funds that is the reason I contact you to help me secure the money in your country so that I can come over and continue my education from were I stoped.

You can read more about the crash through the below site:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7380412.stm

I will offer you 20% for your kind assistance to me. Please reply for more details:

Best Regards,
Miss Tamika Yak
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by islamisevil: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
I'm surprised that your spam filter would allow an email like that to go through.
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by k2039: 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
I cant stop laughing

Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by Wallie(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_evil__: I'm surprised that your spam filter would allow an email like that to go through.

Actually, I got it from my spam box. I occasionally check the filtered messages for legit emails that might have been inadvertently filtered.
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by Callotti: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
That izzzzz why we are called SUPER POWER!!!! cheesy
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by fstranger: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
Callotti: That izzzzz why we are called SUPER POWER!!!! cheesy

is u a foreigner
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Many of the emails originate from other West African countries.
Re: How Foreigners View Nigerians by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
And sometimes I feel those who fall for such should be punished too. angry

Bad Grammar and all.

It seems they've taken it to Facebook too. Got a Message from an Unknown Female (with a fake pic of course) claiming to be in the UK wanting to "come over to my country with her Inherited Funds"

A quick look at the profile (thank Goodness for Timeline), 2-3 seconds of scrolling down and I saw the Update below:

"Am happy to be in New Month. Api Nw Month Pppl" - Yeah, Sure. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Beaf? / Female Billionaire, Mrs Alakija Loses Her Position To A Younger / PHOTO- Kwara Poly Students Burn Properties,kill Policeman In Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.