Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria. (7948 Views)

Poll: WHO IS YOUR PRESIDENT? NO RIGGING PLEASE

TOSHMANN: 9% (2 votes)
NOETIC: 28% (6 votes)
ADAMUGO: 4% (1 vote)
FAKETAN: 28% (6 votes)
I-MAN: 19% (4 votes)
DAVIDYLAN: 9% (2 votes)
URYSPY: 0% (0 votes)
TOYINRAYO: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Ten Things I Would Do If I Were The President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hi

I know the Nigeria question bothers you. That is why you clicked on this link. We all criticize the state of the nation. let us contribute now.

What is your opinion of a better Nigeria?

What can we do to achieve the statue you envisage or desire  from your own perspective?( what can you do to as a person?)

You might want to focus on a particular sector.
let us be realistic.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2008
Guys

Say something. What would you do? Abeg make una talk nah(warri pidgin oh). Shooo, una no wan talk? Una no wan better for naija?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Dreloaded(f): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
you first.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by toshmann(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2008
i loot my share and run back to wales tongue
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by noetic(m): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2008
set the topic rolling
tell us what you will do, then we pop in from there

abi u want steal idea?
take timeoooooooooo grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 12, 2008
Environmental sanitation for every major city especially Lagos. It is too dirty.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 5:02am On Jan 12, 2008
stillwater:

Environmental sanitation for every major city especially Lagos. It is too dirty.

how abou simply paying people to get it done. . .thats how everyone else does it
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 12, 2008
doyin13:

how abou simply paying people to get it done. . .thats how everyone else does it

I never insinuated I will sweep the whole Lagos myself, did I? tongue cheesy
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2008
stillwater:

I never insinuated I will sweep the whole Lagos myself, did I? tongue cheesy

why dont you lead by example? Start sweeping and we may follow. grin
Dont just sit in Aso Rock expecting us to sweep the streets.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by DisGuy: 7:02am On Jan 12, 2008
Introduce parking tickets grin
Increase Tax ><
Education free and compulsory
Each bank branch must adopt a clinic/hospital in the LGA
local govt chairmen will be responsible for sweeping the their ward wink
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by almondjoy(f): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2008
@Topic

I will have to ask for divine guidance because the devil has completely taken over that nation---called Nigeria and Africa as a whole.  Infact, I would resign from the presidency in the first week of appointment. kiss  Nigeria needs spiritual intervention. It is way past human capbablities. cry
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by princekay1(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2008
1. i will probe OBJ, Ribadu, Atiku, Bode George, Fayose, Gov. Sheriff (Borno), Odili, Goodluck Jonathan, Alao Akala, the list is endless.
2. i'll decentralize the police force (each state should be in charge of security)
3. i'll decentralize NEPA (each state should provide at least 1 alternative means of generating power)
4. introduce SHARIA (not the one on prostitution) to curb LOOTING, STEALING, ARMED ROBBERY, etc. death penalty if found guilty. (that's why Saudi Arabia is far developed than Naija)
5. everybody must practice agriculture (every friday is holiday to work on the farm). Mechanized Agriculture to be launched in free land spaces across the country. workers will enjoy fat salary, housing scheme, car loan, etc.
6. education, at all levels, must be compulsory. Nobody must be given admission in2 University except 23 years of age, so after secondary school, you must go for your A levels and vocational studies.
7. i'll scrap JAMB
8. i'll build refineries in all the 36 states and capital to be run by FGN (not private body)
9. i will, infact my plans are too much!
chech this site forr details www.nigeriagobetter.net

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Purist(m): 10:44am On Jan 12, 2008
princekay1:

5. everybody must practice agriculture (every friday is holiday to work on the farm). Mechanized Agriculture to be launched in free land spaces across the country. workers will enjoy fat salary, housing scheme, car loan, etc.
6. education, at all levels, must be compulsory. Nobody must be given admission in2 University except 23 years of age, so after secondary school, you must go for your A levels and vocational studies.

I'm very glad you're not the president.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2008
@Noetic
lol not trying to steal ideas
@D-relaoded. Ok
- I will make the masses opinion count.
- create a website where the financial dealings of the government will be displayed for public access.
- build at least 4 functional refineries.
- make the universities research oriented
-make sure that research findings are translated into products
- I will modify the certificate driven emplyement system to one of ability, potential and experience determined recruitment system
-The curricullums of the primary and sec school will be such that motivate individuals towards the utilization of God given potentials
-I will try as much as I can to de-emphasize money and enthrone respect for intellectual achievement and integrity. I can go on.
- Constant power generation will be a priority as this will enhance industrialization and create jobs. Crimes level will come down
-The police will have a good welfare system, equiped and motivated. Their forensic department will be updated.
With all these on ground, the roads will be reconstructed and all other infrastructural development will follow suit.
I will increase the derivation fund to the Niger delta to 25 %
But then I will reduce the contries dependence on oil from 80% to 40%. I will try to build a knowledge and technology based economy and create funds for scholarships for the best brains. The educational in fact will be repositioned.
Social security will be introduced.
The Agricultural sector will will be revamped.
Finally I will surround myself with motivated advisers who share the enthusaism I have for the country. I will a round peg in a round whole.

Now d-reloaded and Noettic over to yaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by noetic(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
princekay1:

1. i will probe OBJ, Ribadu, Atiku, Bode George, Fayose, Gov. Sheriff (Borno), Odili, Goodluck Jonathan, Alao Akala, the list is endless.
2. i'll decentralize the police force (each state should be in charge of security)
3. i'll decentralize NEPA (each state should provide at least 1 alternative means of generating power)
4. introduce SHARIA (not the one on prostitution) to curb LOOTING, STEALING, ARMED ROBBERY, etc. death penalty if found guilty. (that's why Saudi Arabia is far developed than Naija)
8. i'll build refineries in all the 36 states and capital to be run by FGN (not private body)
9. i will, infact my plans are too much!
chech this site forr details www.nigeriagobetter.net

u will only be able to do any or all of these if
1) you were not elected president or didnt come in via a coup, which was planned and sponsoed by certain other people. they (your sponsors) will have intreasts that must be protected too.
your plan sounds ambitious.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2008
noetic:

u will only be able to do any or all of these if
1) you were not elected president or didnt come in via a coup, which was planned and sponsoed by certain other people. they (your sponsors) will have intreasts that must be protected too.
your plan sounds ambitious.
You are yet to say your own. The ball is in your court now. grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2008
Hand the reins of power to white people. . .
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2008
doyin13:

Hand the reins of power to white people. . .

On the contrary I will plan to colonise Britain.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by noetic(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2008
As president of Nigeria. I understand that several institutions make up the fedration and my efforts and intentions can only b for the benefit of Nigerians, if they are supported by other democratic institutions. like the legislature, judiciary, state goverments, security institutions, labour, nafdac, Son,INEC to name a few. Each element of the fedration must rise up to its duties.

In essence, I mean for instance, while it is my duty as head of the fedral govt to provide employment opportunities for nigerians, it is the duty of labour to ensure that these employers(especially the chinese) don't under pay Nigerians and that conditions of service meets prescribed national standard. the same with SON and NAFDAC with standard of these goods and other institutions of government.

in other words, I mean having square pegs in square holes.

the overall goal of such goverment will be to
1). "return the dignity in being a nigerian".
2). total development, employment and empowerment.

how?
1). Set up a tenders board like the constitution emphasizes to award contracts independently. Merge EFCC, ICPC and the Code of conduct bureau together. Propose a bill to make it mandatory for the transaction of any out-gone government at any level to have their transactions reviewed.

Prevent corruption instead of fighting it. Like I believe that any system that allows a person to be able to steal billions is faulty. This will be done by setting up a commission whose sole duty is to
a) ensure that the process for the award of contracts at all levels, arms and department of government meets certain prescribed standards.
B) ensure that this contracts are actually carried out.
C). the commission is empowered by law to know the details of every state government and the fedral govt`s purpose for their security votes.
D). financial transactions of all levels and dept of govt is closely monitored. Implying that they have the right to freeze and de-freeze any of such accounts.
E) in situations where state governments accounts are frozen, the immediate responsibility of the commission shall be the civil-service. Neaning that at all times pensions and salaries of civil servants nation wide must be paid promptly. It is a criminal offence not to do such.

2). Break up the Julius-berger construction monopoly, dangote food monopoly and the virgin airlines airways monopoly.
The breakdown of the berger monopoly, will mean that indigenous  construction companies all over the country will have equal opportunities with the tenders board to get road and housing construction contracts. They (contract package) include street lights, emergency hospitals on inter-state (trunk A) roads and police posts.

This contracts will include long term maintenance contracts, to be handled by the same construction companies, which will also include facilities for the emergency hospitals and the police posts.

The dangote monopoly will be broken, to enable stiff competition and transparency.

VAT on all imported food products will be as much as 50%. Governments policy of 5 years tax exemption for new companies will b scrapped. Y? because u only pay taxes if u make profit. No genuiue investor will prefer tax exemption to adequate infrastructure.

Thousands of acres of land will be sold to Nigerian investors in all states of the fedration for use as farmland with fedral assistance in set-up and financial management.

There will be a programme called IPS (immediate purchase scheme) meaning that regardless of the factors of demand and supply, whatever u produce (in excess) will be bought by the fed govt. this can be stored, or used in form of foreign aid to less priviledged African nations. Emphasis will be laid on cocoa, palm kernel, groundnut, rubber etc.These farms are to be self sufficient in terms of power supply (wind power).

While virgin airways will continue as Nigeria`s official national carrier, flight-frequencies will however be awarded to indigenously owned airlines to attractive nations all over the world.

4).Award of cleaning contracts to cleaning agencies to maintain public infrastructure like airports, seaports and other fedral public proprerties. NDDC will be scrapped. The priorities of local governments will be reviewed.

A fedral ministry of local government will be established simply to ensure that this tier of government is snatched back from the grip of  state governors. They are to be pre-occupied with basic things as sanitation and national logistics, enabled by the fedral min of national planning.

The fedral min of nat planning shall embark on a nation scale registration and planning scheme (which will be continuos). This exercise shall serve as voters registration, national population census, street and road identification exercise. This exercise will enable the fedral government plan for healthcare delivery, provision of housing and free-education facilities. It will also help in answering certain ethnic, religious and socio-political questions.

5) the constitution of Nigeria does not empower the fedral government to get involved in primary education. The fedral ministry of local governments shall ensure that

Qualitative primary education is among the priorities of each local govt. at the fedral level 6 higher institutions will be established annually, till we have a new one in each of the 36 states of the fedration. Existing ones will be rehabilitated and made research oriented. Education is free.
Each university must provide accommodation facilities for its students. Each university cannot admit more than the quota. Each science studying student will earn N20k monthly all others N15k monthly. Certain criteria will be set by each university for students to continue to earn such.
The source of this funds, I will subsequently explain.

For now, this is what I can state, whenever I am able to I intend to complete this. Some of the other things I will highlight on includes, policing, petroleum, national finances, privatisation, foreign policy, welfare programs, electioneering, transportation power-supply.

But the above was decided based on the following convictions:

1).it is less expensive to prevent corruption than fight it.
2). If reviewing every past governments actions and/or inactions is legallized, then no
One will claim being witch-hunted.
3).the success or failure of any country is a product of how well its institutions function and are passionate about it.
4). Every monopoly be it in the public or private sector is a potential avenue for corruption.
5). Massive employment is achievable through large scale public-private infrastructure works.
6). As a nation intending to develop, we mustn’t be afraid of the truth. Lets know our numbers, d population of each ethnic and religious groups.
7) free affordable, qualitative education is an essential ingredient to national development.

I will paste more programmes as soon as I am chanced to write them. For now, these are my ideas
Cheers kiss
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2008
noetic:

As president of Nigeria. I understand that several institutions make up the fedration and my efforts and intentions can only b for the benefit of Nigerians, if they are supported by other democratic institutions. like the legislature, judiciary, state goverments, security institutions, labour, nafdac, Son,INEC to name a few. Each element of the fedration must rise up to its duties.

In essence, I mean for instance, while it is my duty as head of the fedral govt to provide employment opportunities for nigerians, it is the duty of labour to ensure that these employers(especially the chinese) don't under pay Nigerians and that conditions of service meets prescribed national standard. the same with SON and NAFDAC with standard of these goods and other institutions of government.

in other words, I mean having square pegs in square holes.

the overall goal of such goverment will be to
1). "return the dignity in being a nigerian".
2). total development, employment and empowerment.

how?
1). Set up a tenders board like the constitution emphasizes to award contracts independently. Merge EFCC, ICPC and the Code of conduct bureau together. Propose a bill to make it mandatory for the transaction of any out-gone government at any level to have their transactions reviewed.

Prevent corruption instead of fighting it. Like I believe that any system that allows a person to be able to steal billions is faulty. This will be done by setting up a commission whose sole duty is to
a) ensure that the process for the award of contracts at all levels, arms and department of government meets certain prescribed standards.
B) ensure that this contracts are actually carried out.
C). the commission is empowered by law to know the details of every state government and the fedral govt`s purpose for their security votes.
D). financial transactions of all levels and dept of govt is closely monitored. Implying that they have the right to freeze and de-freeze any of such accounts.
E) in situations where state governments accounts are frozen, the immediate responsibility of the commission shall be the civil-service. Neaning that at all times pensions and salaries of civil servants nation wide must be paid promptly. It is a criminal offence not to do such.

2). Break up the Julius-berger construction monopoly, dangote food monopoly and the virgin airlines airways monopoly.
The breakdown of the berger monopoly, will mean that indigenous construction companies all over the country will have equal opportunities with the tenders board to get road and housing construction contracts. They (contract package) include street lights, emergency hospitals on inter-state (trunk A) roads and police posts.

This contracts will include long term maintenance contracts, to be handled by the same construction companies, which will also include facilities for the emergency hospitals and the police posts.

The dangote monopoly will be broken, to enable stiff competition and transparency.

VAT on all imported food products will be as much as 50%. Governments policy of 5 years tax exemption for new companies will b scrapped. Y? because u only pay taxes if u make profit. No genuiue investor will prefer tax exemption to adequate infrastructure.

Thousands of acres of land will be sold to Nigerian investors in all states of the fedration for use as farmland with fedral assistance in set-up and financial management.

There will be a programme called IPS (immediate purchase scheme) meaning that regardless of the factors of demand and supply, whatever u produce (in excess) will be bought by the fed govt. this can be stored, or used in form of foreign aid to less priviledged African nations. Emphasis will be laid on cocoa, palm kernel, groundnut, rubber etc.These farms are to be self sufficient in terms of power supply (wind power).

While virgin airways will continue as Nigeria`s official national carrier, flight-frequencies will however be awarded to indigenously owned airlines to attractive nations all over the world.

4).Award of cleaning contracts to cleaning agencies to maintain public infrastructure like airports, seaports and other fedral public proprerties. NDDC will be scrapped. The priorities of local governments will be reviewed.

A fedral ministry of local government will be established simply to ensure that this tier of government is snatched back from the grip of state governors. They are to be pre-occupied with basic things as sanitation and national logistics, enabled by the fedral min of national planning.

The fedral min of nat planning shall embark on a nation scale registration and planning scheme (which will be continuos). This exercise shall serve as voters registration, national population census, street and road identification exercise. This exercise will enable the fedral government plan for healthcare delivery, provision of housing and free-education facilities. It will also help in answering certain ethnic, religious and socio-political questions.

5) the constitution of Nigeria does not empower the fedral government to get involved in primary education. The fedral ministry of local governments shall ensure that

Qualitative primary education is among the priorities of each local govt. at the fedral level 6 higher institutions will be established annually, till we have a new one in each of the 36 states of the fedration. Existing ones will be rehabilitated and made research oriented. Education is free.
Each university must provide accommodation facilities for its students. Each university cannot admit more than the quota. Each science studying student will earn N20k monthly all others N15k monthly. Certain criteria will be set by each university for students to continue to earn such.
The source of this funds, I will subsequently explain.

For now, this is what I can state, whenever I am able to I intend to complete this. Some of the other things I will highlight on includes, policing, petroleum, national finances, privatisation, foreign policy, welfare programs, electioneering, transportation power-supply.

But the above was decided based on the following convictions:

1).it is less expensive to prevent corruption than fight it.
2). If reviewing every past governments actions and/or inactions is legallized, then no
One will claim being witch-hunted.
3).the success or failure of any country is a product of how well its institutions function and are passionate about it.
4). Every monopoly be it in the public or private sector is a potential avenue for corruption.
5). Massive employment is achievable through large scale public-private infrastructure works.
6). As a nation intending to develop, we mustn’t be afraid of the truth. Lets know our numbers, d population of each ethnic and religious groups.
7) free affordable, qualitative education is an essential ingredient to national development.

I will paste more programmes as soon as I am chanced to write them. For now, these are my ideas
Cheers kiss

Brilliant ideas. Now I know that you are not afraid to write. grin
Where is TOH?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2008
faketan:

On the contrary I will plan to colonise Britain.

Well others are way ahead of you on that count. . .

There is already an armoured division of Nigerians in the hamlet of Peckham. . .

They plan to launch a pincer attack from there to invade the whole of South London and then Thamesmead, Woolwich. . . .Kent coast
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2008
If I were President of Nigeria:

I would declare;Cameroun,Niger and Benin as part of the axis of Arewa and invade all three!

I would use Nigeria's money to pay off Man Utd's debt

Execute Jim Iyke

Free silicone breast implants for every woman.

Print new currency notes with my names on it-we will have 1005,175,165 and 185Naira notes

The above are my top priorities

I have a message of change for my fellow Nigerians!I will bring hope where there is no hope,more hope where there is little hope and if anybody has a lot of hope but needs more hope,you can count on me to provide incredible amounts of hope . cool
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2008
doyin13:

Well others are way ahead of you on that count. . .

There is already an armoured division of Nigerians in the hamlet of Peckham. . .

They plan to launch a pincer attack from there to invade the whole of South London and then Thamesmead, Woolwich. . . .Kent coast
That's fair enough as far as it is not the other way roundhanding nigeria over to white man grin grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2008
I-man:

If I were President of Nigeria:

I would declare;Cameroun,Niger and Benin as part of the axis of Arewa and invade all three!

I would use Nigeria's money to pay off Man Utd's debt

Execute Jim Iyke

Free silicone breast implants for every woman.

Print new currency notes with my names on it-we will have 1005,175,165 and 185Naira notes

The above are my top priorities

I have a message of change for my fellow Nigerians!I will bring hope where there is no hope,more hope where there is little hope and if anybody has a lot of hope but needs more hope,you can count on me to provide incredible amounts of hope . cool

Thank God you are not the president otherwise we will die hoping grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2008
I-man:

You are prolly the worst Obama clone on the market tongue tongue tongue

This your hope is truly audacious tongue tongue tongue
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2008
I-man:

stuff and nonsense! grin

Fellow Nigerians . . . vote for experience . . . and if you dont i will start shedding tears.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2008
I will make bleaching with Tura range of products my first action in power. . .no longer will any Nigerian be as black as molue tyre! grin tongue

Vote Debosky!

Vote Beauty!!

Vote Bleaching!!!

grin
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by princekay1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2008
neotic,
brilliant idea. i wish u start with the councillor of my area in AJ City.

I-man,
why do u want Jim Iyke dead? he is my girlfriend's best actor!

faketan,
good thinking

Debosky,
na wah for ur bleaching plans o! where u come from sef? from Darfur region?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2008
davidylan:

stuff and nonsense! grin

Fellow Nigerians . . . vote for experience . . . and if you don't i will start shedding tears.
nigerian Hilary Clinton on the prowl.

Cry now! you will not win New Hampshire here in Nigeria just for crying.
Please daivid, tell us what you will do.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2008
faketan:

Cry now! you will not win New Hampshire here in Nigeria just for crying.
Please daivid, tell us what you will do.

Don't mind him.No amount of tears can wash away the incredible message of hope that I have brought to the nation. This message of hope can move mountains.With hope,anything is possible,G.Bissau can win the ACN if only they hope.

doyin13:

This your hope is truly audacious tongue tongue tongue

I have one word for you-yes we can!If only we can have hope,no matter how "audacious",yes we can put a man on Pluto by the end of this month
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by faketan(m): 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2008
I-man:

Don't mind him.No amount of tears can wash away the incredible message of hope that I have brought to the nation. This message of hope can move mountains.With hope,anything is possible,G.Bissau can win the ACN if only they hope.

I have one word for you-yes we can!If only we can have hope,no matter how "audacious",yes we can put a man on Pluto by the end of this month

Are you in anyway related to JFK?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria. by Iman3(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2008
princekay1:

I-man,
why do u want Jim Iyke dead? he is my girlfriend's best actor!

I no know o,besides,as President,I no need to explain my self.I think our great nation can't move forward unless people like Jim Iyke,that litter our TV screens,are put to death or otherwise exiled to Guantanamo Bay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? / 25 Deadliest Dictators In History: Yakubu Gowon Makes Number 14 On List / Refineries Lost N77.15bn In Six Months – NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.