Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos (6467 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Idileke: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2012
The fuel shortage that has crippled Lagos State and left scores discomfited is caused by the shutdown of system 2b pipeline as a result of vandalism, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has said.
The Acting Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of the Corporation, Fidel Pepple, said this on Monday in a press statement.
He said the system 2b pipeline, which is a major pipeline which evacuates about “nine to eleven million litres of fuel from Lagos to Ibadan, Ilorin and the north” had to be shut down after it was vandalised.
A couple of weeks ago, in Arepo, Ogun state, petroleum product pipelines were destroyed by a group of vandals. They harassed some journalists and killed three NNPC staff. The pipeline vandalism in Arepo has caused a severe shortage of petroleum products across the South West and some parts of the North.
However, Mr. Pepple said the NNPC has taken measures to end the current fuel scarcity.
“To alleviate the problems resulting from the shutdown of the pipeline, the NNPC has stepped up distribution through tankers.
“As I speak, we have raised the daily supply of fuel from Folawiyo tank farm from 150 tankers to 250 tankers, MRS from 100 to 200 tankers, Capital Oil to 300 tankers, NIPCO to 70 tankers and AITEO to 100 tankers,” Mr. Pepple disclosed.
He said that fuel delivery and supply to Port Harcourt, Aba, and Calabar has also been increased.
Mr. Pepple said that as at Thursday last week, the NNPC had 32 days sufficiency of petroleum products.
He added that the NNPC is currently collaborating with the security agencies to fix the pipeline in order to restore normal fuel supply to the affected areas.
The NNPC’S spokesperson called on Nigerians to participate in securing pipelines, by being vigilant.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/100552-pipeline-vandalism-causes-fuel-scarcity-in-lagos.html
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
The govt will always look for excuses.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by miteolu(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
First class lier
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Scarpon(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
omo boys are not smileing
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by 1forall: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
Blatant lies, did the marketers not say they shall refuse to supply products if the govt refuses to pay them?
Failed government!

Shebi dem dey pay Tompolo hundreds of millions to guard the pipelines, abi na only pipelines for Niger Delta worth to guard?
Failed government!

The really bad part is these brainless lies being added on top of an obvious government failure.
When are we going to rise? If the government has failed its people, shall the people fail themselves too?
Failed citizens?
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Bawss1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by clemmonce(m): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY I SHOULD LIKE JONATHAN
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by apala911: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Concerned authority should do something quickly to alleviate the hardship on commutters
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Opoki(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
clemmonce: GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY I SHOULD LIKE JONATHAN
I will give you 2.
1. He always assure us
2. [/b]He always set up a committee[/b].
Guy what else do you want?
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by lacasa: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2012

FRESH AIR grin
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by jamil2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Accountable day is near lies have full every where.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by samakro: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
bro jona we are tired of all dis nw find sumtin to do pls we are begin u
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by slimming: 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
i see. thanks
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by ABsI1: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am now a transporter using wheelbarrow to convey my passengers&d useless passengers pay in cowries.fork nnpc,fork tompolo&his colleagues,fork d vandals,fork d masses,in short i hate d masses-QED

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by irecruit(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
i think that is not an excuse for fuel scarcity in Lagos. The government should do something about it
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Bukkyade: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
A lot. Power reforms number 1.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pipeline vandalism causes fuel scarcity in Lag........ OK

What is the cause of fuel scarcity in other States?

Somebody tell me
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
What kind of government is not ashamed to admit that it has allowed criminals to intimidate it and effectively cripple its biggest and most important economically important city?
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by taharqa: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
He does need you to like him. YOU DO NOT COUNT; and moreova there is shishi u can do only complain ignorantly on d web....when last did any of u ingrates witness fuel scarcity in Lagos and its environs? Did we all not watch and read about d massive vandalism perpetuatd by sm Nigerians in Alepo more dan a week ago; it was d main news item on Channels and even STV 4 days. Didnt we watch d attempt of d PPMC officials to repair d pipeline 2 or 3 days afta d vandalism, and how 3 of dem were killd by d vandals 4rm d village? You expect NNPC to send more workers so they can also be killd witout d requird security mop up in d surrounding villages? Meanwhile, dat pipeline is one of d main pipelines distributing more dan 10million litres of petrol thruout the west and tru Ilorin to parts of d north. They hv in d meantime increasd d distributn of fuel using trunks over longa distances, which is d best they can do in d meantime b4 they wud be able to repair d pipelines. What else do u want dem(NNPC) to do? where they d ones that told those villagers to vandalise(steal) fuel in dat largely inaccessible area at Alepo? Thisday just reportd dat 3 new ships carrying fuel just bertd in d Lagos port, adding to d stock in-country, so if NNPC can increase long distance distributn tru trunks(which is more difficult) or better still repair dat pipeline when d security agents finish dier job(i wud imagine they are doing dat right now), the situatn along dat axis ought to come back to normal. If it continues afta dat then you can complain bitterly; in d meantime, cut dem sm slack....finali i ask again, when last did u guys experience scarcity in Lagos nd environs

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by dnative(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pipeline vandalism causes fuel scarcity in Lagos!

What causes pipeline vandalism?

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by PreciousKome: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
Everything turn's bounce's back to the governormeny.Why not blame those thieves first.Together we can build a better Nigeria.Lets cast our lots in good directions.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Jyde89: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
I would have loved to do something about it, but the tax'es are not being paid into my account.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Abayomin70(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
Jyde89: I would have loved to do something about it, but the tax'es are not being paid into my account.

guy u funi
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
dnative: Pipeline vandalism causes fuel scarcity in Lagos!

What causes pipeline vandalism?

Poverty
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Jyde89: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
taharqa: He does need you to like him. YOU DO NOT COUNT; and moreova there is nothing u can do only complain ignorantly on d web....when last did any of u ingrates witness fuel scarcity in Lagos and its environs? Did we all not watch and read about d massive vandalism perpetuatd by sm Nigerians in Alepo more dan a week ago; it was d main news item on Channels and even STV 4 days. Didnt we watch d attempt of d PPMC officials to repair d pipeline 2 or 3 days afta d vandalism, and how 3 of dem were killd by d vandals 4rm d village? You expect NNPC to send more workers so they can also be killd witout d requird security mop up in d surrounding villages? Meanwhile, dat pipeline is one of d main pipeline distributing more dan 10million litres of petrol thruout west and tru Ilorin to parts of d north. They hv in d meantime increasd d distributn of fuel using trunks over longa distances, which is d best they can do in d meantime b4 they wud be able to repair d pipelines. What do u want dem to do; where they d ones they told those villagers to vandalise(steal) fuel in dat largely inaccessible area at Alepo? Thisday just reportd dat 3 new ships carrying fuel just bertd in d Lagos port, adding to d stock in-country, so if NNPC can increase long distance distributn tru trunks(which is more difficult) or better still repair dat pipeline, the situatn along dat axis ought to come back to normal. If it continues afta dat then you can complain bitterly; in d meantime, cut dem sm slack....finali i ask again, when last did u guys experience scarcity in Lagos nd environs
damn, GEJ must be paying you alot for you to have typed this load's of sh*it in his defence.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2012

Coz there are committee that are looking into every matter arising and even matters that are yet to arise.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Reference(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
PreciousKome: Everything turn's bounce's back to the governormeny.Why not blame those thieves first.Together we can build a better Nigeria.Lets cast our lots in good directions.

Can you imagine that. That's why I just appeal to government to pull out of this oil business. Let Nigerians find petrol where and how they wish.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by Jyde89: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
Abayomin70:

guy u funi
na tru na, we'er paying for their ineffectiveness, let them start working and stop complaining.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by takedat(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
taharqa: He does need you to like him. YOU DO NOT COUNT; and moreova there is nothing u can do only complain ignorantly on d web....when last did any of u ingrates witness fuel scarcity in Lagos and its environs? Did we all not watch and read about d massive vandalism perpetuatd by sm Nigerians in Alepo more dan a week ago; it was d main news item on Channels and even STV 4 days. Didnt we watch d attempt of d PPMC officials to repair d pipeline 2 or 3 days afta d vandalism, and how 3 of dem were killd by d vandals 4rm d village? You expect NNPC to send more workers so they can also be killd witout d requird security mop up in d surrounding villages? Meanwhile, dat pipeline is one of d main pipeline distributing more dan 10million litres of petrol thruout west and tru Ilorin to parts of d north. They hv in d meantime increasd d distributn of fuel using trunks over longa distances, which is d best they can do in d meantime b4 they wud be able to repair d pipelines. What do u want dem to do; where they d ones they told those villagers to vandalise(steal) fuel in dat largely inaccessible area at Alepo? Thisday just reportd dat 3 new ships carrying fuel just bertd in d Lagos port, adding to d stock in-country, so if NNPC can increase long distance distributn tru trunks(which is more difficult) or better still repair dat pipeline, the situatn along dat axis ought to come back to normal. If it continues afta dat then you can complain bitterly; in d meantime, cut dem sm slack....finali i ask again, when last did u guys experience scarcity in Lagos nd environs
Hope you have demanded for a pay increase from GEJ cos the time you invest in defending all government policies needs to be compensated for.
Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by taharqa: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Jyde89: damn, GEJ must be paying you alot for you to have typed this load's of sh*it in his defence.
Are u silly? Note dat handle very well and try to avoid crossing it u partisan anarchists...point out one thing dat is not correct there, just one thing; point it out or SHUT yr Mouth UP

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandalism Causes Fuel Scarcity In Lagos by ZeusI: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
How about two? One: he is created in image and likeness of God. Two: He is facing a hoard of revenious cabals and is still breathing, unlike Yar'adua. See?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Year 2019 AD; After Jonathan What Next For The Igbo Nation?- Ifeduba / Kogi Guber: SDP Alleges Plot To Burn Down INEC Office / Wikileaks : FG Offered Foreign Govts Full Access To Citizens Biometric Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.