Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships (22846 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / The Pains Of A Busty Lady. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by airroseice(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2012
bizmogul: Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got start. For example I spent sometime together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got seperated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

1. There must be genuine love: I love my girl so much, right from the outset and she loves me in return despite the fact am not rich this has been the core of our relationship. Each time we talk about the past and how memorable it was being together the memories keep us alive.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎​tinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, its not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

3. Don't Listen To Friends: friends sure have a way of destroying distance relationships. I remember the times when I sit over a drink with a couple of friends, they make me feel like a loser, they make me feel like a complete idiot, asking questions like do you know what she is doing now? Maybe she is having fun with some other guy while you are here being the good guy. I almost fell for all that, it almost ruined my relationship but as I earlier said, trust is what keeps me going.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry,facebook,mobile phone,skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? Why not courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

6. Jerk off/self-service and get one of those intimacy toy(s).

I will stop for now, more updates coming soon.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by unclenna(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
sexy glow: Hmm..am learining.@ op does this work in marriage also,in a situation where hubby and wify work and live far from each other?
yes
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by unclenna(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
Eneze1: its easier said than done unless both parties are matured minds and have the fear of God.
matured mind or not. Is only d fear of GOD that can make it work.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
fashizie: Risky venture
Works in 1 outa 50 cases.
When i say" works" i mean the ones that both parties dont screw n frolick in deciet
Ha first to coment.first time to achieve dis feat.can i get a first congratulation

My relationship works perfectly and it increases the love, each time we see.... it's usually a great experience
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
unclenna: yes

Yes it works if you are mature at heard. Come to think of it communication gadgets are playing a good role.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
kasheemawo: for u to call it off means u have been seeing someone else.

If he did not love you he wouldn't have bothered. It's not abnormal for him to feel insecure, it also depends on how you handle things. Dialogue works well
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
pretty_boi: @ bizMogul......I am in one too & every single thing you wrote up there I can relate to. Particularly, the one of friends trying to talk you off: "you dey here dey form love,ur chick go dey nack another person." It never moves me,my chick & I are no saints,we could fall,but we have the "honesty policy" condition going on whereby if we ever stray or cheat,let's talk about it. It may not have been 100% perfect, but it has helped us a super-great deal in our 4+ years relationship. Thank God.

Whao same time as my relationship. if you love her stick to her.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
emcemayo: I am in one as I write and quiting has never been on my mind, even though we will insh'llah be getting married in d first quarter of next year. Long distance relationship is not for everybody if you know you can't scale through no point, just pull out. As 4 me it helps me focus on other things and it very much keeps pre- marital sex @ bay. Ya!!!

You are very correct about this; it helps you discipline yourself before marriage and you have to be truthful to yourself as well.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
[quote author=airroseice][/quote]

Well... you ain't wrong
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The guy is at one end shaggging another girl while his girlfriend at the other end is shagging another boy. . . . .i think distance relationship is an aggregate of confusion and an energy-demanding task.

@ Bluetooth you just sounded like one of my friends.lol. Distance relationship is not for faint hearts
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Valemodi(f): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Elueme: I was an ardent believer of a distance relationship working but am fast changing my take on it. Maybe it could work when your relationship had rooted before he/ she travelled but for a nascent relationship? It will take God's grace..just a personnnal experience.
i did it 4 4yrz,it crumbled dz tyme last yr,i felt lik dyng.Thank God am ova it.Rite now i wnt even encourage my enemy
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
Adary: smileyI strongly believe that it is a thing of the mind(maturity). Was in one and it did not work out cos of lack of communication on his part... And am in another now and am enjoying it smiley smiley

When the love is genuine believe me distance relationship works
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by JallowBah(f): 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
unclenna: matured mind or not. Is only d fear of GOD that can make it work.

..or a great amount of respect and love for your spouse.

I am not religious, still I have no problem keeping my pants on.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
In continuation, another major cause of breakup in distance relationship is this:

Don’t Allow Misunderstanding Linger: One major way to keep a distant relationship going is admitting you are wrong when you are. It’s really difficult for most men to say sorry even when they are at fault, they would rather find their way with words other than saying sorry. I am not an exception, I used to be like that, but then you find out that a little misunderstanding would end up being a big issue. My girl on the other hand is so quick to say sorry even before I start complaining and the truth is, this melts my heart and shows me how much she respects me.

Because we always apply the courtesy of saying sorry when any one of us is wrongs, our relationship keeps flourishing. Saying sorry does not make you a weak person, it only makes the other person respect you more. I recall a day when I was wrong and did not want to admit, we kept talking for hours on phone over one little issue; at the end of the day, ‘ I am sorry’ settled it and she also apologized for talking to me the way it did.
No matter what it is, if both parties are mature at heart, misunderstandings can be handled and reduce to the barest minimum.
More updates soon.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Kcxee(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
A distant relationship work wen d love has first been planted closely if u knw wat i mean i mean wen it has first be set on in close range...because lov is a seed planted by words n watered n grown by action
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by airroseice(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2012
bizmogul:

Well... you ain't wrong

This I Know :-D
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by kh0lz: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by harlos: 6:14am On Sep 22, 2012
kh0lz: OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND
A very wrong quote!!!
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by belemzy: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
@Kasheemawo I read your comment on my post. Well the is I wasn't seeing any 1. We all Get to a point where we break. You wouldn't understand what I heard, and went through. For me to see his missed calls , call him back and wHat he. Has To say is haVe You finished having sex? For crying out loud what shoulD I be doing with sUch a being? Funny part was that He was d 1 actually cheating,cos a dAy after I called it off,there he was on fb with another girl showing her off.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Vismat(f): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
APII: The only way to overcome the pain is to quit the relationship so you can have rest of mind.
For couples, either of you should abandon whatever you are doing and join the other period.
That's my candid advice or else you will have heart attack.
may God bless u. That is the best thing to do it's only if we want to deceive ourselves. Right now, i'm in one and things are not going on well since he got a job in Lagos.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by harlos: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Vismat: may God bless u. That is the best thing to do it's only if we want to deceive ourselves. Right now, i'm in one and things are not going on well since he got a job in Lagos.
Because it didn't work for u does not mean everyone else will not b successful, it depends in how u handle urs.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dear friends, another tip you should take into cognizance is perfectly defining the relationship. It is advisable to talk about how you want to spend the rest of your lives together. This also helps.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by timifakay(m): 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
Sacrifice is also necessary. You sacrifice your sleep to talk late at night, time you want to spend elsewhere, money you can spend on other things, pride when there is a misunderstanding, safety when you travel to meet the other party....

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2013
timifakay: Sacrifice is also necessary. You sacrifice your sleep to talk late at night, time you want to spend elsewhere, money you can spend on other things, pride when there is a misunderstanding, safety when you travel to meet the other party....

Well said @ timifakay
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Vivaciousnj(f): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
A tym coms wen U̶̲̥̅̊ tink U̶̲̥̅̊'r alone, dats d tym ur mind is den proved wrong. Mine has bin distance all d way(my 4yrs in skul, now he's job) bt notin kips me goin dan knwin d fact dat God knws d Best. I won't lie, dia r ups n downs bt d ability 2 overcome meks U̶̲̥̅̊ stronger.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by cityhood: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
bizmogul: Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got started. For example I spent some time together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got separated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

1. There must be genuine love: I love my girl so much, right from the outset and she loves me in return despite the fact am not rich this has been the core of our relationship. Each time we talk about the past and how memorable it was being together the memories keep us alive.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎thinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, it’s not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

3. Don't Listen To Friends: friends sure have a way of destroying distance relationships. I remember the times when I sit over a drink with a couple of friends, they make me feel like a loser, they make me feel like a complete idiot, asking questions like do you know what she is doing now? Maybe she is having fun with some other guy while you are here being the good guy. I almost fell for all that, it almost ruined my relationship but as I earlier said, trust is what keeps me going.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry, facebook, mobile phone, skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? You could courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by fredopayee(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Whether long or next door relationship, what must be must be.. What is urs is urs, what's not urs is not urs. Love is action of trust only. Communication, love, trust!!!
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by infodollarman(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=bizmogul]Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got started. For example I spent some time together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got separated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎thinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, it’s not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry, facebook, mobile phone, skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? You could courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

[/quote

cool! see more here ... http://realdeeplove.com/2012/11/making-a-long-distance-relationship-work/
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by jovialebony(f): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=destinedtee]
You are who u are whether your partner is near or a million miles away.If u are not trustworthy,u wl still cheat on her even if she lives on the same street wt u and if u are faithful and trustworthy,u will still be even if she is not there wt u.Come to think of it sir,we have married men who live under d same roof wt their spouses but still cheat on them outside.So it is not a question of distance but of trust and maturity.Thanks sir.u re just on point.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Abimbolaile(f): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
fashizie:
Risky venture
Works in 1 outa 50 cases.
When i say" works" i mean the ones that both parties dont screw n frolick in deciet
Ha first to coment.first time to achieve dis feat.can i get a first congratulation

Relationships does not just "work" you get what you put in it...so if you want it to work...you have to make it work yourself and know that your relationships are what you make of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / What Do I Do, My Best Friend Wants Me To Sleep With Her / Wierd Things You Like About The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.