Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually (21953 Views)

How To Upgrade Your Ios Manually / See What Happens When One Is Infected With The Ebola Virus / Chinese Man Inserts Snake In His Nose And Out Of Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by onilanre(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2008
Do you know u can remove chinese viruses manual? This is how to detect whether your hard disk or removable disk has been infected with Chinese virus.
When u rightclick ur hard drive or ur removable disk and what u have there is not readable (i.e chinese lang), then follow these steps

step 1 - open command prompt i.e click start button, select run, type cmd then press enter
step 2 - change the default directory to C:\ (i.e from c:\document and settings\user) type C: then press enter
step 3 - type attrib -a -s -h -r and press enter
step 4 - type dir and press enter (dir is a DOS command to view the files and directory of ur hard drive). u should see some strange files like autorun.ini, autorun.inf, system.exe, desktop.ini.
step 5 - type del autorun.* and press enter (this should delete all autorun files)
type del system.exe and press enter
type del *.ini and press enter
Do this one by one for all ur partition and ur flash drive if infected

U can now unplug ur flash and plug it back, if the virus still persists then u need something else,
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 5:05am On Jan 14, 2008
thx oni, i can't believe my system is virus free without having the latest anti virus, gosh u are the best, i won't mind more info about other stuffs that has to do with computers or anything u feel u can share, thx once again
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 5:18am On Jan 14, 2008
or can u list the names of all the viruses u know, any
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2008
hello! anybody there?
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by onilanre(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2008
Hey! u can download Avira Premium security suite from the internet then i will give the 1 year license freely.
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2008
ok thx, when i download i'll let u know via this thread
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by Cactus(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
onilanre:

Do you know u can remove chinese viruses manual? This is how to detect whether your hard disk or removable disk has been infected with Chinese virus.
When u rightclick your hard drive or your removable disk and what u have there is not readable (i.e chinese lang), then follow these steps

what u have there is not readable (i.e chinese lang)

Anything that is not readable = Mandarin? Or is this just being ignorant?

I will not make any comments about the files you mentioned,
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 6:43am On Jan 17, 2008
comment na, na u get ur mouth
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by onilanre(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
Cactus:

what u have there is not readable (i.e chinese lang)

Anything that is not readable = Mandarin? Or is this just being ignorant?

I will not make any comments about the files you mentioned,

Pls Cactus go ahead with your comments ok? This is my area of specialization. check this out
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by tobs(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2008
@poster,is it only CHINESS virus diz procedure works for?and can u post ur mail add,so i can contact u wen i get the avira antivirus,inorder to get the 1yr tingy
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by dove24u(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
onilanre:

When u rightclick your hard drive or your removable disk and what u have there is not readable (i.e chinese lang), then follow these steps

step 1 - open command prompt i.e click start button, select run, type cmd then press enter
step 2 - change the default directory to C:\ (i.e from c:\document and settings\user) type C: then press enter
step 3 - type attrib -a -s -h -r and press enter
step 4 - type dir and press enter (dir is a DOS command to view the files and directory of your hard drive). u should see some strange files like autorun.ini, autorun.inf, system.exe, desktop.ini.
step 5 - type del autorun.* and press enter (this should delete all autorun files)
type del system.exe and press enter
type del *.ini and press enter
Do this one by one for all your partition and your flash drive if infected

You can now unplug your flash and plug it back, if the virus still persists then u need something else,

It worked.Tanx man.I will contact you. smiley
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by ZAMALEK: 11:19pm On May 15, 2010
iam sorry for my late read but plzz i need help man i cant understand (type attrib -a-s-h-r) ?? what is that plzzz reply
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by skipo87(m): 11:01pm On May 31, 2010
um, make sure there is spacin btw letter and the - that follows,
lke this
-a -s -h -r not - a- s- h- r or -a-s--h-r.
the -a -s -h -r means

- Clears an attribute.
A Archive file attribute.
S System file attribute.
H Hidden file attribute.
R Read-only file attribute.

hope u r clear
Re: How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually by iainke: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2017
It is OK if you can not read Chinese as the mist effective solution to deal with virus is to scan your computer with antivirus software.

(1) (Reply)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.