Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? (2780 Views)

Psp,ps3 And Ps2 Forsale / Please Convince Me: Ps3 Or Xbox 360? / Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Santi222(m): 9:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Guys in the house, I need your opinions please. Which should I buy to enjoy good game play in a cost effective and energy saving way? I got a PS 2, but tired of it. I want sumtin new and different.. How much does a PS 3 cost? What of the X Box 360? How much does a Brand new Psp cost? How long is d average battery life? Memory capacity? Does it come with bluetooth technology? W Lan? And can I watch videos on it? If I get satisfactory answers on d Psp, I'l go for it. Thanks 4 ur coop.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by goddyjay(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2012
You've got google now undecided grin cheesy wink
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Santi222(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
goddyjay: You've got google now undecided grin cheesy wink
so? Cant I ask a question anymore?
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by resichild(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dude it depends on ur preferences.
And are u talking of the psp or psp vita?

U wnt get the same level of entertainment from a handheld (i.e psp) that u wud get from a standard console like the xbox 360 and ps3 but that aside the psp has some great games.

So if u want a carry around console(portable) then buy d psp but if u want the full console experienc (on a TV wit multiplayr etc) then the real deceision shud be btween the ps3 and xbx 360.

Psp - Shud be between 22k and 32k right nw(naija). U will need to buy games for it or hack it to play pirated games. The memory cards are frm 4gig to 8gig and cost btw 3k to 6k. Games are like 5k to 7k(naija). Has a lot of games to choose from

Psp vita - is between 53k to 55k if u other it or get someone to send it down to u. But here (naija)its like
65k to 80k(dependn on d store). it comes in 2variants.one has 3g but both have wifi and u will need to buy extra memory and games too cos it hasn't been hacked. Games cost 7k (gettin from outside) dnt knw d price naija. The ps vita's graphics are good smwher btw ps2 and ps3. But far above ps2 but not so many games availabl now.

U can watch movies on it
Its got Blutooth
and battery life for me is abt 6hours

Btw the ps3 and xbox 360 it wil cme down to what games u like. They bth have exclusive games and a lot of third party games. Making your choice will depend on the price, type of games u like, availability of games and what controller (xbox or ps3)you rather play on. Unlike the xbox 360 , the ps3 games are all region free but the ps3 has mandatory installs for many games which quickly takes up a lot of ur hard drive space.
Both consoles offer a lot of variety in terms of games ( rpg's , shooters, platformers, racers , sports ,adventures etc) but in my opinion though the ps3 has more exclusives, i feel the xbox offers more quality in terms of thrid party support.Most of the games on each console are made by studios not owned by either sony or microsoft.these games are developed and released most of the time for both ps3 and xbox360(those are 3rd party games and over 90% of games on each console are frm 3rd party studios) and from experience and reviews most of these 3rd party games perform bettr on the xbox 360 cos of the consoles ease of development which is due to its close architecture to that of PC's. I own both consoles.I enjoy playing both. They both offer good online and multiplayer options but i like shooters and i prefer the 360 controller so i would recommend the xbox 360 any day but in the end ur deceision shud b based on ur own preferences.

- Price ( with 60k - 70k u shud b able to get a good bundle xbox or ps3)
- Availabilty of games in ur area
- Your game preferences.

They are both very good products and their prices are almost evenly matched right now.

3rd party games

Battle field
Call of duty MW and Black ops
Fifa
PES
Rayman
Boarderlands
Fall out
Grand theft auto
Elder scrolls
Rage
Sleeping dogs
Split second
Dragon age
Mass effect
Ghost recon
Max payne
Red dead redemption
Crysis
Final fantasy
Resident evil
Dead space
Ninja gaiden
Tekken
Naruto
Virtua fighter
Soul calibur
Street fighter
Dead or alive
Dark souls
Star wars
Ben 10
Spider man
Virtua tennis
Silent hill
Dragon Dogma
Dark siders
Bullet strom
Devil may cry
LA noire
So many more....

Xbox 360

Gears of war
Halo3
Fable
Forza
Lost oddysee
Blue dragon
Splinter cell : conviction
Witcher 2
Viva pinata
Banjo kazooie
Kameo
Project gotham Racing
Dance central
Kinect sports
And many mre..

And motion control i.e kinect

Ps3

Uncharted
God of war
Killzone
Infamous
Gran turismo
Metal Gear solid 4
Heavy Rain
Resistance
Sly cooper
Little big planet
Sorcery
Sony sports (eye toy)
War hawk
Heavy rain
Many more...

Hope this helps u make a deceision. And my deceision isn't based on hacking any of your consoles to allow them play pirated games.

Both my consoles are not hacked.i own all original games and i always update both my consoles with new software when available.

1 Like

Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by JerryDen(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2012
I think you should go with PS3. This is the best gaming console. I am also using this gaming console and no problem occur with me.

You can play free online music games
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Santi222(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2012
@ Resichild and Jerry Den, thanks guys. I think I'll get the PSP vita.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by gambus007(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
Both consoles r gud,but Xbox360 is not reliable as such.ps3 slim is ok if u get d jailbreaked console or u wait for d new slimmer ps3 wic will cost less(150dollars to 200dollars for new).have use both ps3 phat nd xboox360 phat dey both messed up.I went for ps3 slim(unjailable) later,then ps3 slim( jailedbreaked) to reduce cost.conclusively go for ps3 slim or Xbox360 slim(am not sure how reliable d hardwares.think of cost reduction.contact Billyberry or rauf dey will advice u and dey will sell gud console to u with reasonable price.

As for psp vita its new,d game cards r expensive.but for ps3 CDs,u can get used disc wic u can resell at d same price u brought it.depends on demand of d game CD
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by resichild(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
Santi222 You are welcome man.

@ gambus it depends on what version of the 360 u have. I have an old model released after sept 2008 with the falcon motherboard and it has never given me any problems.

Peopl dnt really knw d diff. If u are buyin an xbox 360 but the new xbox slim ,it is as reliable as the ps3m and in the end it is how u maintain ur consoles. Consoles need air so dey shud b placed in open areas where air can easily leave deir vents and avoid dust cluggn up its vents too.

I hav a ps3 , xbox 360(old model white) and a psp hav nevr had any issues with any.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by gambus007(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
resichild: Santi222 You are welcome man.

@ gambus it depends on what version of the 360 u have. I have an old model released after sept 2008 with the falcon motherboard and it has never given me any problems.

Peopl dnt really knw d diff. If u are buyin an xbox 360 but the new xbox slim ,it is as reliable as the ps3m and in the end it is how u maintain ur consoles. Consoles need air so dey shud b placed in open areas where air can easily leave deir vents and avoid dust cluggn up its vents too.

I hav a ps3 , xbox 360(old model white) and a psp hav nevr had any issues with any.
Ok!dats gud.I still love Xbox360.mayb I will get another Xbox360(slim) if is reliable.for NW am usin my ps3 slim
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by dippy: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2012
where do u guys think i can get the best deal for ps3 slim. and of cos the cds.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by joecook1985(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
PS3 is my favourite console and probably better than xbox and psp. smiley It's worth to buy if you've money.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
Santi I sent you a mail. Check it.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Santi222(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: Santi I sent you a mail. Check it.

Done that. Sent you one too.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Santi222:

Done that. Sent you one too.
added you on 2go but don't be scared my professed age is 45 years and the status reads married. Ofcourse they are both lies.
Re: Psp, Ps3 Or X Box 360 Which Should I Buy? by Santi222(m): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guitarlife: added you on 2go but don't be scared my professed age is 45 years and the status reads married. Ofcourse they are both lies.

K then. We'l meet online sometime and chat.

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You Will See At A"baba Ijebu" Kiosk / Issue: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 On My System / Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.