Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? (2600 Views)

Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland / House Orders PRESSID Stopped Due To Abscence Of Northerners On List / A Thread For Christian Northerners For GEJ 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2012
The two editions of regional census I have witnessed on NL showed that the region with the least population is the North. What might be the cause? Are they not aware of NL or don't they have internet access? Even when a phone-in network programme is being broadcast on radio nigeria, one can hardly hear callers from the north. I think People who are clamouring for 'one Nigeria' should be more nigerians that others.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by ITbomb(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ask yourself, Why is the enrollment for school less in the North. Your answer should give an idea of what you are looking for.

And why should they when they are busy queuing up for '72 Virgins' Missions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
Do you mean they don't go to school? But in civl service, most of them have up to at least 3 masters degree in different areas more than other people from other regions.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by ITbomb(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Point of Correction.
They call it Federal Character, this means there are two position to be shared between two families.
Family A has 3 qualified candidates to present.
Family B has 53 qualified candidates to present.

Anyone from family A that agrees to go to school has a village committee set up for him to push him to the highest level.

while family B has to organise an aptitude test to screen all its graduates.

2 Likes

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rudebwoy: Do you mean they don't go to school? But in civl service, most of them have up to at least 3 masters degree in different areas more than other people from other regions.

^^^More to the point (and what i find baffling ) is that in federal civil service 'quota' appointments, and in recruitments into federal companies and parastatals like NNPC and Customs, they ALWAYS manage to fill said quota, and can even go for jara if available.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by billante(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
ITbomb: Point of Correction.
They call it Federal Character, this means there are two position to be shared between two families.
Family A has 3 qualified candidates to present.
Family B has 53 qualified candidates to present.

Anyone from family A that agrees to go to school has a village committee set up for him to push him to the highest level.

while family B has to organise an aptitude test to screen all its graduates.

Hahaha! Dude u funny!
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by auwal87(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rudebwoy: The two editions of regional census I have witnessed on NL showed that the region with the least population is the North. What might be the cause? Are they not aware of NL or don't they have internet access? Even when a phone-in network programme is being broadcast on radio nigeria, one can hardly hear callers from the north. I think People who are clamouring for 'one Nigeria' should be more nigerians that others.

THEY have a better job to do. Unfortunately, Nairaland is no longer a forum where constructive discussions are taking place.

2 Likes

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by FSU: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
auwal87:

THEY have a better job to do. Unfortunately, Nairaland is no longer a forum where constructive discussions are taking place.

Better job rearing cattle or killing innocent people, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by belovedaja(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Have you heard of salisu Buhari
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Elueme: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rudebwoy: Do you mean they don't go to school? But in civl service, most of them have up to at least 3 masters degree in different areas more than other people from other regions.
Is it the masters they acquired from Tafewa Balewa University or from Oxford?
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by EkoAtlantic: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
auwal87:

Aboki get better job grin grin grin. And you're here replying post.
Why you no go join them for the job?
May be na this kind job u dey talk about, even on suit. Aboki dey try o cheesy grin

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Arsenate(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Elueme: Is it the masters they acquired from Tafewa Balewa University or from Oxford?
NO! The masters from OSU and ESUTH grin
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by nduchucks: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
When will you people give up this addiction of yours to tribalism and bigotry? smh
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: When will you people give up this addiction of yours to tribalism and bigotry? smh
who is talking tribalism here? Is this not based on existing realities. How many northerners do u think are on NL?
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rudebwoy: who is talking tribalism here? Is this not based on existing realities. How many northerners do u think are on NL?

about 5

nagoma
northsharp
ndu_chucks
namcowfav
aulwal

1 Like

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
re@lchange:

about 5

nagoma
northsharp
ndu_chucks
namcowfav
aulwal

so the 5 people represent the entire north?

1 Like

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by pazienza(m): 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
quota system/federal character will be the death of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by jamil2(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Let me have the number of the entire Northern states before pulling my effort and respond to you.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by ITbomb(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
pazienza: quota system/federal character is the death of Nigeria.
Fixed
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
jamil!:
Let me have the number of the entire Northern states before pulling my effort and respond to you.
we are not arguing. This I factual! Check this link.https://www.nairaland.com/942596/nairaland-2012-ethnic-census
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by hakanai(m): 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin Auwal why do you bother to respond.It is better they continue to go that way.They dubiously will want to maintain a mental status-quo that is non existence but only survive based on there ignorance. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by jamil2(m): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rudebwoy: we are not arguing. This ia factual! Check this link.https://www.nairaland.com/942596/nairaland-2012-ethnic-census
Who are you arguing with? I asked you a simple question that doesn't require long English and you are busy referring me to the un useful link. Just let you details me and I will respond to you precisely.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by hakanai(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
ITbomb: Ask yourself, Why is the enrollment for school less in the North. Your answer should give an idea of what you are looking for.

And why should they when they are busy queuing up for '72 Virgins' Missions.

I also heard the entire northern schools from nursery to university are made of only southern students.better still your village people.While the host communities spend time staring as you all go to school.In there area without any curious fellow asking why. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by hakanai(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
jamil!:
Who are you arguing with? I asked you a simple question that doesn't require long English and you are busy referring me to the un useful link. Just let you details me and I will respond to you precisely.

you don't have to sweat it my brother!! They believe it, as it comes garnished with sentiments and arrogance.Today na North turn for there calender. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by jamil2(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
haka_nai: grin grin grin grin grin Auwal why do you bother to respond.It is better they continue to go that way.They dubiously will want to maintain a mental status-quo that is non existence but only survive based on there ignorance. undecided undecided undecided undecided
And similar thread has been discussed here long ago. The OP sounded like a newbie (full with hatred and bigot) nevertheless have a good time many have gone before you!
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by hakanai(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
Aboki get better job grin grin grin. And you're here replying post.
Why you no go join them for the job?
May be na this kind job u dey talk about, even on suit. Aboki dey try o cheesy grin

^^^ You try,how about you look the man face?Where you got the picture taken is atleast clearly labelled Enugu.Can we please find out which Bushamn nack the suit pose so silly?Abi it's your friend for una village,while you use chinco phone snap am? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by hakanai(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by jamil2(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
haka_nai:

you don't have to sweat it my brother!! They believe it, as it comes garnished with sentiments and arrogance.Today na North turn for there calender. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Have a nice day brother this should be my last reply to this thread!
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by inteli: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
why? Because the language of communication here is ENGLISH.

1 Like

Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
@OP, I think the problem here is that you've presented a narrow definition of who a "Northerner" is.

Study any discussion thread on major security incidents in the North, and you would find it hard to miss the local knowledge provided by NLers close to the theaters of operation.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by AndreUweh(m): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Topic, they are not in Nairaland because Nairaland did not draw them out at the initial stages of the forum. At first Nairaland was just like any other Nigerian forum mostly with Yoruba forumites. The forum grew bigger when Ndigbo began to checkmate their lies and actions. This is why Ndigbo and Yorubas constitute about 70% of Nairaland.
Secondly, low level of education in the north.
Thirdly, less number of Northerners abroad.
Re: Why Less Northerners On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Because Western Education is "Haram"!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Mansion Now Under Water (pic) / Army Engineers Gets New Commander / See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.