Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,936 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (62644 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by sophy09: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
I have heard a lot about this church for some time now and numerous people I know go there. There are talks that you get delivered from every and any spiritual problems one has and that the prayers are very powerful. My friends who go there seems to have changed a lot(they are sort of paranoid). All the prayers are either die, back fire, paralyze your enemies. Well I see nothing wrong with that if that is their belief and their prayers are answered but the thing that baffles me is that they feel someone(foundational/ancestral/witchcraft powers) is always behind their problem. In some cases they maybe true which I do not dispute but is it in all cases? Another thing about them is that they do not trust anyone. When they see you in their dreams wahala. It was funny when she told me someone in her church was behind her problem. I was surprised. With the way she prays the person should either be dead or paralyzed by now and her problem solved.
Maybe I am looking at it in another way I don't know but I will like to know your take on the church. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
They are a false church and their teachings and practises don't conform to the gospel of our lord Jesus christ.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by CrazyMan(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pastor Kun: They are a false church and their teachings and practises don't conform to the gospel of our lord Jesus christ.
Matthew 7:1-5.  "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Have a nice day. wink

52 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by sophy09: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
Matthew 7:1-5.  "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Have a nice day. wink

Thanks crazyman for the reply

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by EvilBrain1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
I still remember the first time I set foot in an MFM church. It was way back in 1996 or '97, I was dragged to their headquarters in Akoka by my momsi who had heard about them from one of her born-again friends.

One woman gave a very funny testimony. She was in a bus traveling from Lagos to Ibadan when "the holy spirit" told her that the bus was going to have an accident. So she started praying: "Every spirit of motor accident, fall down and die!" From there, she started praying "machine-gun prayer": DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!. The other passengers soon started complaining that who is this person that is shouting "DIE, DIE" in a bus? They all ganged up on her and made her keep quiet.

The bus then had an accident and somersaulted several times. I'll never forget the woman's next words: "We had accident and notin happened to me. But all the people saying I should stop shouting Die, Die, they rushed them to mortuary. PRAAIISE THE LOOORD!!!"

The MFM crowd shouted hallelujah.

True story, I swear.

36 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PhysicsQED(m): 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Evil Brain: I still remember the first time I set foot in an MFM church. It was way back in 1996 or '97, I was dragged to their headquarters in Akoka by my momsi who had heard about them from one of her born-again friends.

One woman gave a very funny testimony. She was in a bus traveling from Lagos to Ibadan when "the holy spirit" told her that the bus was going to have an accident. So she started praying: "Every spirit of motor accident, fall down and die!" From there, she started praying "machine-gun prayer": DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!. The other soon passengers started complaining that who is this person that is shouting "DIE, DIE" in a bus? They all ganged up on her and made her keep quiet.

The bus then had an accident and somersaulted several times. I'll never forget the woman's next words: "We had accident and notin happened to me. But all the people saying I should stop shouting Die, Die, they rushed them to mortuary. PRAAIISE THE LOOORD!!!"

True story, I swear.

Wow. That's messed up.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 6:50am On Sep 20, 2012
CrazyMan:

Have a nice day. wink

Fellow hypocrite if someone had passed a comment that they are a very good church, would that person also be guilty of judging them I was asked my take and I answered based on my clear understanding of the gospel. Fact remains their teachings and practises don't conform to the teachings of christ.

20 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2012
Evil Brain: I still remember the first time I set foot in an MFM church. It was way back in 1996 or '97, I was dragged to their headquarters in Akoka by my momsi who had heard about them from one of her born-again friends.

One woman gave a very funny testimony. She was in a bus traveling from Lagos to Ibadan when "the holy spirit" told her that the bus was going to have an accident. So she started praying: "Every spirit of motor accident, fall down and die!" From there, she started praying "machine-gun prayer": DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!. The other passengers soon started complaining that who is this person that is shouting "DIE, DIE" in a bus? They all ganged up on her and made her keep quiet.

True story, I swear.

Thanx for this example, it clearly demonstrates that the church does not know christ. All they know is die die die. Their prayers sound more like curses. Jesus taught his fllwers how to pray in Matthew 6. The way they pray in MFM clearly shows that they are not followers of christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2012
They deserve to be deceived , many of them love it so.

I once attended a prayer vigil at a Deeperlife branch somewhere in the UK and it was upsetting to say the least.

My intention was to pray for revival, holiness, getting to know more about Jesus.

While there was some aspect that contained a trickle of these elements, the focus was on attacking our enemies that prevented our success.

After 2 hours I was worn out, my heart was not in it, never again did I go for such a meeting.

Our prayers MUST always be in line with the word of GOD.

Many Christians are paying the penalty for following MAN and not GOD.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by kaytytty: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
if truly dis is d way xtians criticize each other's church.then in what direction does xtianity and d bible really points

9 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by petres007(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2012
sophy09: I have heard a lot about this church for some time now and numerous people I know go there. There are talks that you get delivered from every and any spiritual problems one has and that the prayers are very powerful. My friends who go there seems to have changed a lot(they are sort of paranoid). All the prayers are either die, back fire, paralyze your enemies. Well I see nothing wrong with that if that is their belief and their prayers are answered but the thing that baffles me is that they feel someone(foundational/ancestral/witchcraft powers) is always behind their problem. In some cases they maybe true which I do not dispute but is it in all cases? Another thing about them is that they do not trust anyone. When they see you in their dreams wahala. It was funny when she told me someone in her church was behind her problem. I was surprised. With the way she prays the person should either be dead or paralyzed by now and her problem solved.
Maybe I am looking at it in another way I don't know but I will like to know your take on the church. Thanks

Interesting! We'd be discussing this topic in a bible seminar in Lagos in a couple of weeks. If you're in Lagos and would like to attend, you might want to keep an eye on this group (its free to join) - https://www./bibleexpose

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by dekung(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
I once attended their one-week deliverance session and mehn it was nothing but torture session. You are supposed to fast 3 days straight without food or water. You pray morning, afternoon and night. You sleep for only a few hours everyday and you have to walk from your dormitory to the church auditorium 3 or 4times a day to and fro in order to attend the prayer session. The prayer proper is all about enemies from your ancestry: father, mother, in laws, aunties and the list goes on. One of their prophets told me my mother has familiar spirit and that my wife comes from a powerful warrior family, he said I should be careful in dealing with my wife and that anytime I want have some private moments with my wifey I should first recite psalm 29 on my deek. I honestly was initially taken by this stewpidity but later jettisoned everything. Rather than teach love for humanity, they want all their enemies to die. If you sneeze, its your enemy. If you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night, its the enemy. Those people are berserk! Am now a proud atheist/agnost. I dont believe in any crap that religion has to teach

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by CrazyMan(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
Pastor Kun: Fellow hypocrite if someone had passed a comment that they are a very good church, would that person also be guilty of judging them I was asked my take and I answered based on my clear understanding of the gospel. Fact remains their teachings and practises don't conform to the teachings of christ.
Alright sir...you made much sense...I concur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
dekung: I once attended their one-week deliverance session and mehn it was nothing but torture session. You are supposed to fast 3 days straight without food or water. You pray morning, afternoon and night. You sleep for only a few hours everyday and you have to walk from your dormitory to the church auditorium 3 or 4times a day to and fro in order to attend the prayer session. The prayer proper is all about enemies from your ancestry: father, mother, in laws, aunties and the list goes on. One of their prophets told me my mother has familiar spirit and that my wife comes from a powerful warrior family, he said I should be careful in dealing with my wife and that anytime I want have some private moments with my wifey I should first recite psalm 29 on my deek. I honestly was initially taken by this stewpidity but later jettisoned everything. Rather than teach love for humanity, they want all their enemies to die. If you sneeze, its your enemy. If you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night, its the enemy. Those people are berserk!Am now a proud atheist/agnost. I dont believe in any crap that religion has to teach

The bolded above is the exact reason why we have to fight against these charlatans parading themselves as christians. They are driving people away from the true faith. angry

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by philip0906(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2012
another church/christian bashing thread started by a lunatic. . .

8 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2012
Every pastors with different ideas of how the church or christianity is. Is the Holy spirit that confused?
Redeem - praise and dance
Winners - prosperity
MFM - Fall down and Die
CAC now have so many G.O. Some, daddy G.O, some they call them father G.O, some they even call them G.O of all G.Os undecided
Now, what will be the theme of your own church? Is it 'Let's make Money' And will you be called G.O, or Senior Pastor, or Very Very Senior Bishop, or Most high Reverend. No wonder JESUS WEEPS!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by wholexy009(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2012
Its obvious most of you talking here know little or nothing about the church you are talking about cos I attend mfm and I will never wish my fellow man to die. Most of those prayer are directed at evil powers ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ principalities behind such situation cos our weapon are not canal and we also wrestle not against flesh and blood. Shikenna

41 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
wholexy009: Its obvious most of you talking here know little or nothing about the church you are talking about cos I attend mfm and I will never wish my fellow man to die. Most of those prayer are directed at evil powers ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ principalities behind such situation cos our weapon are not canal and we also wrestle not against flesh and blood. Shikenna

Yeah right...
"Every man In my village are you my uncle?! Are you my father?! Stopping my properity! Die by Fire! Die by Fire!! Die by Fire!!!"

SMH for you. I will support my view of prayer with the bible. Go and read the teachings of christ and his model prayer. And don't tell me not to judge, most people do not even understand under the context that christ taught that. I judge you and the way you pray by your fruits.

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by slimyem: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
lol.
My family once signed up for their one week deliverance...
Gosh!
It was hellish!
Imagine being on an empty stomach all day and then you cannot even pray your own style in the evening..you have to shake and jump and swing your arms forcefully before they accept you are actually praying..
I would be praying silently and the ushers would come and shake me aggressively till i feel like falling all in the name of telling me to pray .
After that week,my dad said he wasn't ready to have his arm dislocated from its joint all just cuz he has to pray..and that was the end of our MFM experience!

9 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by fonzy22(f): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pastor Kun: They are a false church and their teachings and practises don't conform to the gospel of our lord Jesus christ.
what is the gospel of the Lord that u knw?
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by DICKtator: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
solidbroda: Every pastors with different ideas of how the church or christianity is. Is the Holy spirit that confused?
Winners - prosperity
MFM - Fall down and Die
CAC now have so many G.O. Some, daddy G.O, some they call them father G.O, some they even call them G.O of all G.Os undecided
Now, what will be the theme of your own church? Is it 'Let's make Money' And will you be called G.O, or Senior Pastor, or Very Very Senior Bishop, or Most high Reverend. No wonder JESUS WEEPS!!!

I think it is called gift or fruit of the spirit.each has his own. I'm only tryna sound objective/unbiased here!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Dannze: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
most of you here are talking shit....MFM is a church that kicks against prayer against humans. If you must know, there is a spirit behind every problem examples are in the bible...the boy with palsy, the mad man and others. When prayer is offered against a power of witchcraft, d same bible says that we should suffer not a witch to live. So when u say die by fire, any witch who doesn't want to repent can as well follow d grave. Can a spirit die? No. So wen we say die, we are simply weakening d powers of these spirits behind our problems.

19 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
If there is one minister i respect as far as dis world is concerned is Dr. D K Olukoya the G O MFM. I am not a member but i can tell you that MFM is recomended for way of salvation, deliverance, purity & righteousness..

38 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by oluMyderz(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
Confused religion

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Detonatorrex(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
i was invited for a program in mfm some time back and the first thing i heard as i walked into the church was 'shout holy ghost fire 21 times'*wtf*.i was also opportuned to be at their service yesterday and felt so out of place when they kept praying for powers and spirits to scatter and die..the truth is spirits do not die,and as a christian you only have power to take charge and authority over such and not 'kill them'.Jesus casted out demons and never commanded any of them to die.

7 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by vislabraye(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
kaytytty: if truly dis is d way xtians criticize each other's church.then in what direction does xtianity and d bible really points

Christians are open minded. We know that its not everyone who says Jesus is truly a christian. And that there has been infiltration of the teachings of Christ.
However criticism is constructive because its our duty to admonish each other.

Indeed there are household wickedness and spiritual battles. I know a friend who is not a member of MFM, he worships in a "cool" church. But he had been having persistent problems. He prayed on his own and after several days, it was revealed to him that his father was behind his problem. He confronted his father and he did not deny it.
On the other I'm quite amaze at the dimension some members take it which bring about paranoia. For instance the testimony given. And I don't absolutely agree with their method of prayer eg shaking your head vigorously and shouting at the top of your voice. However, I still believe they use the power of God.

8 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by khanivorous(f): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
solidbroda: Every pastors with different ideas of how the church or christianity is. Is the Holy spirit that confused?
Winners - prosperity
MFM - Fall down and Die

Yeah...on point. Never heard JESUS SMILED or JESUS LAUGHED... SMH
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
kaytytty: if truly dis is d way xtians criticize each other's church.then in what direction does xtianity and d bible really points

@kay, Pls am asconfused as u r

Am going to seriously ignore this thread.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by wholexy009(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
You need to note here that there are two types of death spiritual and physical death, most of those. prayers point A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ mearnt to terminate the spirit making such uncle or aunt to act in that manner.. Once any evil human undergoes this spiritual death; he or she is no longer in the position to do any harm cos the power inside of him has been dealt with
dabriggs:

Yeah right...
"Every man In my village are you my uncle?! Are you my father?! Stopping my properity! Die by Fire! Die by Fire!! Die by Fire!!!"

SMH for you. I will support my view of prayer with the bible. Go and read the teachings of christ and his model prayer. And don't tell me not to judge, most people do not even understand under the context that christ taught that. I judge you and the way you pray by your fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ndcide(m): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
I think we should remove sentiments and stop blind criticism. I may not be a member but i use their prayer points. Now below is a typical MFM prayer session. Kindly Point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayers. I'd like to Know. I will not take any blanket criticism backed with ignorance and emotions or shallow understanding of the word of God. Pls kindly point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayer points.

I'll be waiting.

Those who want to make these prayers, you got them for free now.

Scripture Reading: Psalm 2
1. Praise worship
2. Bring quality repentance unto the Lord
3. O Lord, I thank You for bringing me into this year 2011.
4. O Lord, I bless You for the plan you have for me in this year 2011.
5. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and raise victory voices for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let the sword of the God of Elijah arise against every occultic power and citadel of darkness assigned
against my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God in this season, in the name of Jesus.
8. My Father, redeem me from the powers of the sword in the tribulation of 2011, in the name of Jesus.
9. I receive protection from the strife of tongues, and the power of destruction programmed into this
year, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every beast of the earth assigned to torment me this year, die, in the name of Jesus.
11. My Father, release violent earthquake to destroy every satanic barrier hindering my progress, in
the name of Jesus.
12. Every satanic priest sustaining evil altar in this country, die, in the name of Jesus.
13. I decree that every occultic power troubling this nation will have darkness without divination, in the
name of Jesus.
14. I decree that the sun will go down on all satanic priests and prophets troubling this nation, in the
name of Jesus.
15. I decree that all evil men boasting with satanic powers will grope in the day like blind men in the
dark, in the name of Jesus.
16. We command the heavens not to respond to the voices of spiritualists and occultist on this
strategic day, in the name of Jesus.
17. I take charge of the heavenlies and I declare that it shall be well with me, in the name of Jesus.
18. Every obstacle that hinders my progress in cities and nations, I command them to wither, in the
name of Jesus.
19. Any power prolonging problems, suffering and bondage, die, in the name of Jesus.
20. Every priest of darkness monitoring my destiny, dry up, in the name of Jesus
21. Any power fueling my problems, dry up, in the name of Jesus
22. I break every witchcraft coven with a rod of iron, in the name of Jesus
23. Evil power house assigned against me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
24. Resources of heaven, arise by fire, promote me, in the name of Jesus.
25. Every area of my life in need of divine restoration and replacement, receive it now, in the name of
Jesus.
26. By the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, I release myself from the grip of the spirit of
death and hell, in the name of Jesus
27. Every long-standing yoke, be broken by the power in the blood of Jesus.
28. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and let my enemies destroy themselves, in the name of Jesus.
29. Let the earthquake of deliverance be released to throw down every barrier to my moving forward,
in the name of Jesus.
30. Every circle of hardship and temptations, break, in the name of Jesus.
31. Every altar speaking strangeness and backwardness, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
32. Let the judgement of heaven be written against all satanic kingdoms and his agents sponsoring
wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
33. Fresh glory, fresh power, fresh anointing, fresh favour, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.

45 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Spiritual Husbands Real? / Akure Baby Who "Spoke 2 Weeks After Birth" (Photo) / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.