Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (62661 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by semid4lyfe(m): 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ishilove:
Leave them let them be spewing their ignorant crap from the pit of hell.

MFM for life,baby! cool

Questions:

1. You worship in MFM. . . .Onike Headquarters or a branch?

2. Are you a member or just an attendee? I'm assuming you know what it takes to be a member

3. Ever gone thru' the one week deliverance programme?

4. Are you observing the 70 days fasting going on presently?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 12:21am On Sep 23, 2012
People are praying fervently using various dimensions just to confuse,all his host and wicked forces, you are still limiting yourself to using the Lord's prayer, I pity somebody. With the few number of years I have lived on earth, I've seen things beyond my control, many battles you know nothing about but are fighting you, God's plans for mankind are great but would you allow the devil and his forces of darkness to rob you of God's blessings while you fold your arms and watch them hurting you? The devil is never asleep, he is going about like a roaring lion to devour people of their destinies and future promises of God, and someone is still at the baby stage of Christianity reciting the Lord's prayer. Thank God for Christ and the sword of the spirit which is light unto my path, above all thank God for the gift of salvation of my soul, because it's not by might by his grace through our lord Jesus Christ, who brought salvation, through whom we are being saved. Galatians 2:20

I'm not a member of MFM,and I don't see anything wrong with their teaching doctrines nor their prayers. So far as I'm concerned, the church preaches salvation, I have watched the church G.O preached on one of the Youtube video channels I've downloaded before, and I make use of many of their prayer points, including the very one ndcide posted, I can confidently say they are effective if used properly. Let me share little part of my own personal testimony here, few months back I was financially down, all hope seems lost, I was frustrated,everything I laid my hands on seems not working out fine, I don't think I need to go further to tell you how bad things were for me then. Then myself and my soon to be **** decided we fast for days with the long distance between us, I decided to Google search some prayer points that best fits my present condition, lo and behold I stumbled on some of the MFM's prayer points on various subjects both on their ministry's website and other christian websites, and I used them through out the prayer and fasting period, along side with the prayer programmes I get sent my way by families, weeks later things took a new shape, even Satan tried all he could but his plans and actions were rendered void over my life. I don't live my life under the influence of criticizing pastors, gone are those days, I'm matured enough to know what my Bible tells me about Christ and I think all we needed to succeed in life are there right inside the 'Sword of Spirit' as the Bible is being called. You just need to ask for forgiveness of sins, free your mind from all self accusations, fast and pray fervently, break all ancestral curses both those you might have idea of and those obscure to you, pray those prayers into your life depending on whatever conditions you might be surrounded by, just believe and hold firm to the word of God and expect miracles to happen, I can assure you of receiving answer to your prayers. It's not by might but by the spirit of God. This's just my testimony, yours could be the next to be shared!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ghettodreamz(m): 12:30am On Sep 23, 2012
I guess I will reserve some other stuffs for now, while I wait for others to contribute positively to the thread. I knew this thread was meant for someone, and maybe some people to benefits from,have more and better insights into what Christianity has to offer and help save their souls from the hands of the tormentors into their land of prosperity, a land flowing with milk & honey (Canaan land).

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ABAKA72(m): 4:26am On Sep 23, 2012
Pastor Kun: They are a false church and their teachings and practises don't conform to the gospel of our lord Jesus christ.
mountain of fire is a false church, oyedepo's winners chaple is a money mongering church, oyakilome's christ embasy is looking towards mammon, the allmighty catholic church are not christians etc. Mr man tell us which one is the true church?. The problem we have is the mushrooming of churches. Any confused person that opens a "church" will start telling his equally confused converts that other established churches are false churches.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by preciousoz: 5:18am On Sep 23, 2012
Devil Never Pursue some People Here datz Why them dey come this forum dey Yarn Dust. By the time Calamity befalls You left right and centre, U will run to MFM HQ and undergo 21 days prayers.

No one Can define God. I am that I am, the Beginng and the End, The Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the First and The Last. I Laugh @ all these Mushroom Pastors that go about passing Verdict on churches after they attend some Bible School and earn some degrees trying to Study God.

You can Never be an Authority when it comes to God. We are like blind people asked to identify an Elephant by touch in our static positions. Some grab the tail and say the Elephant is like a snake etc.

God has over time revealed Himself to Man on the Basis of their Understanding. His knowlege is so Vast that we Mortals cannot comprehend. Just like giving Morals to a 5 year Old child.

He has given us the Holy spirit to Teach us all things and to discern, but we are now the one trying to teach God what He is or is not.

I have a personal Relationship with God and there's nothing any pastor or church will do that will make me derail. The Holy spirit is in Me, communing everyday and teaching all I need to know.

If You don't know or Understand anything, please pray about it and God will answer you and give You understanding as the Holy Spirit will bear witness to that which is of God.

For those making blasphemous comments against the Holy Spirit, read the Bible very well as such offence don't go unpunished.

Remain Blessed.

11 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by DExplorer1: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2012
ehie: jesus first commandment,love your neigbour as yourself,he said if a man strikes u turn the other cheek,he said pray for your enemies,god said in psalms,do not rejoice when you see your enemy suffer lest god sees your joy and heaps the same fate on your head.they dont teach love,peace n peseverance,did jesus tell peter to strike the jailers who came for him,did jesus destroy all who crucified him,has god destryed all of us since we sin everyday and are therefore his enemy?? well the church appeals to those full of vengance and are bitterness,i doubt if god listens to their screams
That's a blatant fallacy and keep doubting while God listens.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Fadenitan(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2012
Am a member of mfm,my people perish because they lack basic knowledge.For it is written in matthew 11 vs 12, And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence,and the violent take it by force.Kill all your enemies by fire and thunder before they kill you,because if you allow them to kill you,they can seek for forgiveness and they can be saved after you must have gone. Let the God of Elijay that answerith by fire open your inner eye to behold and see the ALMIGHY GOD OF MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES IN YOUR LIFE.I SAY AMEN.

8 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by semid4lyfe(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2012
preciousoz: Devil Never Pursue some People Here datz Why them dey come this forum dey Yarn Dust. By the time Calamity befalls You left right and centre, U will run to MFM HQ and undergo 21 days prayers.

This is so true

Many "Christians" criticize MFM & it's mode of prayer but then they all have a copy of Dr D.K Olukoya's Prayer Rain in their homes and use prayer points from it

Also, when they're facing difficulties and problems, they all run to MFM Headquarters or Prayer City for deliverance.

Very hypocritical. . . .

MFM Website:
MFM Ministries is a full gospel ministry devoted to the Revival of Apostolic Signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God to deliver to the uttermost.

Absolute holiness within and without as the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a pre-requisite for heaven is taught openly. MFM is a do-it-yourself Gospel ministry where your hands are trained to wage war and your fingers to do battle.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 23, 2012
This mfm issue again?!
@ poster, wots ur biz wit d way mfm prays?! Am sure one of ur family members or close pals has joined mfm and d prayers r affecting u seriously!
Look mfm ds mfm dat, d church is marching on and d gate of hell or principalities or power can't prevail against mfm ! Get dat fact straight!
Mfm is an end time church established by God Himself 2deliver the black race frm d bondages our forefathers had put us! Its a church where ur hands r trained 2war & ur fingers 2battle!
I pray 4u dat every spirit or power dats making u 2critise d church of God shall die by FIRE in Jesus name!
Mfm till eternity 4me & my households in Jesus name

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2012
Admin pls stop trending religious topic of this nature.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by true2god: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2012
dabriggs:

Exactly my point! These are wishes, not PRAYER. These are affirmations! In a crazy violent and vigorous sort of way, but it isn't prayer. Prayer by christian standard is defined by Christ (after abolishing the old convenant and old ways) in his Model prayer and his teaching on prayer. Why is this difficult to accept and understand. It is written for evey person to read. Last time I checked, the bible was still the most popular book and "bestest" seller.
Cant really understand wat u mean: these are wishes and not prayer. Is it not our wishes dat define hw we pray? I need u pls educate me further on dis.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by true2god: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2012
ndcide: I think we should remove sentiments and stop blind criticism. I may not be a member but i use their prayer points. Now below is a typical MFM prayer session. Kindly Point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayers. I'd like to Know. I will not take any blanket criticism backed with ignorance and emotions or shallow understanding of the word of God. Pls kindly point out what you think is wrong with any of these prayer points.

I'll be waiting.

Those who want to make these prayers, you got them for free now.

Scripture Reading: Psalm 2
1. Praise worship
2. Bring quality repentance unto the Lord
3. O Lord, I thank You for bringing me into this year 2011.
4. O Lord, I bless You for the plan you have for me in this year 2011.
5. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and raise victory voices for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let the sword of the God of Elijah arise against every occultic power and citadel of darkness assigned
against my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God in this season, in the name of Jesus.
8. My Father, redeem me from the powers of the sword in the tribulation of 2011, in the name of Jesus.
9. I receive protection from the strife of tongues, and the power of destruction programmed into this
year, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every beast of the earth assigned to torment me this year, die, in the name of Jesus.
11. My Father, release violent earthquake to destroy every satanic barrier hindering my progress, in
the name of Jesus.
12. Every satanic priest sustaining evil altar in this country, die, in the name of Jesus.
13. I decree that every occultic power troubling this nation will have darkness without divination, in the
name of Jesus.
14. I decree that the sun will go down on all satanic priests and prophets troubling this nation, in the
name of Jesus.
15. I decree that all evil men boasting with satanic powers will grope in the day like blind men in the
dark, in the name of Jesus.
16. We command the heavens not to respond to the voices of spiritualists and occultist on this
strategic day, in the name of Jesus.
17. I take charge of the heavenlies and I declare that it shall be well with me, in the name of Jesus.
18. Every obstacle that hinders my progress in cities and nations, I command them to wither, in the
name of Jesus.
19. Any power prolonging problems, suffering and bondage, die, in the name of Jesus.
20. Every priest of darkness monitoring my destiny, dry up, in the name of Jesus
21. Any power fueling my problems, dry up, in the name of Jesus
22. I break every witchcraft coven with a rod of iron, in the name of Jesus
23. Evil power house assigned against me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
24. Resources of heaven, arise by fire, promote me, in the name of Jesus.
25. Every area of my life in need of divine restoration and replacement, receive it now, in the name of
Jesus.
26. By the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, I release myself from the grip of the spirit of
death and hell, in the name of Jesus
27. Every long-standing yoke, be broken by the power in the blood of Jesus.
28. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise and let my enemies destroy themselves, in the name of Jesus.
29. Let the earthquake of deliverance be released to throw down every barrier to my moving forward,
in the name of Jesus.
30. Every circle of hardship and temptations, break, in the name of Jesus.
31. Every altar speaking strangeness and backwardness, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
32. Let the judgement of heaven be written against all satanic kingdoms and his agents sponsoring
wickedness, in the name of Jesus.
33. Fresh glory, fresh power, fresh anointing, fresh favour, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
Evry critic of spiritual warefare should offer these prayer daily from 12 mid-night for at least 3 days, go to the physical world and work to see if norrin will happen before comin to Nland to criticise.

Life is a spritual battle ground unseen to 95%. Take it or leave it.

7 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Lakayana: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2012
slimyem: lol.
My family once signed up for their one week deliverance...
Gosh!
It was hellish!
Imagine being on an empty stomach all day and then you cannot even pray your own style in the evening..you have to shake and jump and swing your arms forcefully before they accept you are actually praying..
I would be praying silently and the ushers would come and shake me aggressively till i feel like falling all in the name of telling me to pray .
After that week,my dad said he wasn't ready to have his arm dislocated from its joint all just cuz he has to pray..and that was the end of our MFM experience!
Very funny
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by odukoko(m): 11:25am On Sep 23, 2012
Enemies are ppl like you and me, believe it or not you are somebody enemy!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by olasmith10(m): 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ur destiny is in ur hands..MFM is not a gentleman church.there are some issues that needs serious,violent prayers.its a mata of choice.if u can't bear it,u stay in your house.or shee d prayer they affect u?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by PastorKun(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
To all those casting aspersions on me due to their lack of understanding occasioned by their brainwashed mind set.

Colossians 2:8
8 Take heed lest there shall be any one that maketh spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:

Simply put a lot of mfm doctrines are man made philosophies after the traditions of our forefathers.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Diligence: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
Many of u that hv made comments here - whether positive of negative, shall surely come someday for deliverance in Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry!

For by thy words thou shall be justified and by thy words thou shall be condemned; it is a matter of choice!
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Carius(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
1 cor 12:14"for the body is not one member,but many." vs17-18"if the whole body were an eye,where were the hearing?if the whole were hearing,where were the smelling?But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body,as it hath pleased him."
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by ignis: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
Abu.Yinka:
Admin pls stop trending religious topic of this nature.
That's my point.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Afodot0022(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
Concerning this issue, though am not a member of MFM but i believe in their ministry. There are wickedness everywhere. In ur house, street, school, office. One need to be on fire cos if u dont pray some holy anger prayer, the devil wil use one as his practical experiment. Gone are the days where u go to church to dance all tru and their are spiritual battle u going thru but dont know the way out.many people u see dancing in church are encountering one form of spiritual attack. MFM will teach u how 2 fight ur battles thru prayers and not running to a pastor all time at a slightest spiritual attack. I pray God wil not allow u to be in bondage by evil one. Whereby every damn night u are always attacked. Then nobody wil teach u what to do then. Do u know all these witches,wizard,household darkness etc, usualy upgrade themselves and their power. Dont be a lukeworm. Stand up and rebuke the devil and he will definately flee from u. The reason why u al are runing ur mouth is that eti ri ija aye. God bless.
Peaceout.
Smooth.

8 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Ishilove: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Questions:

2. Are you a member or just an attendee? I'm assuming you know what it takes to be a member

3. Ever gone through the one week deliverance programme?

1. A branch

2.Yes I do,and yes I'm full member.

3.Countless times.

4.Yes I am (though I've missed a couple of days embarassed grin)

Why the questions,sir? undecided
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by bory09(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
What make you a christian is it ur mode of praying or ur believe. Some matters in this life demand hard prayer even long fasting b4 they can be solved. Enemy dont want us to succeed so why ar dey still alive let them die and perish jare....
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by harbeordune(f): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
Rev 11 verse 11 to 12. Let he who stand take heed lest he falls.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by OmoAlata(f): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Questions:

3. Ever gone thru' the one week deliverance programme?

I attend MFM in the UK but 2 things ponder me - is there a difference between worshipping in the HQ and worship at a branch?
2. What makes one a member and another an attendee?

Thank you smiley

Ps. I only started in April this year wink
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
mfm is for the paranoid
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by semid4lyfe(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ishilove:
1. A branch

2.Yes I do,and yes I'm full member.

3.Countless times.

4.Yes I am (though I've missed a couple of days embarassed grin)

Why the questions,sir? undecided

Just curious that's all. You're even deeper into MFM than I am.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by semid4lyfe(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
Omo Alata:
I attend MFM in the UK but 2 things ponder me - is there a difference between worshipping in the HQ and worship at a branch?

Don't know as I have ONLY and always worshiped in the HQ

Omo Alata:
2. What makes one a member and another an attendee?

Here's how membership works in MFM:

1. You pass through foundation class which usually lasts for 3months.

2. When you're through with foundation class, then you do water baptism and Holy Ghost baptism.

3. You go through membership class which lasts between 6 months to a year.

4. You join a group in Church and must be in a house fellowship

Only then is one considered a full member of MFM.

Omo Alata:
Ps. I only started in April this year

No worry. . .you're in the right place. Like G.O go talk, no one comes to MFM by mistake but by divine intervention.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mollie12: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
dekung: I once attended their one-week deliverance session and mehn it was nothing but torture session. You are supposed to fast 3 days straight without food or water. You pray morning, afternoon and night. You sleep for only a few hours everyday and you have to walk from your dormitory to the church auditorium 3 or 4times a day to and fro in order to attend the prayer session. The prayer proper is all about enemies from your ancestry: father, mother, in laws, aunties and the list goes on. One of their prophets told me my mother has familiar spirit and that my wife comes from a powerful warrior family, he said I should be careful in dealing with my wife and that anytime I want have some private moments with my wifey I should first recite psalm 29 on my deek. I honestly was initially taken by this stewpidity but later jettisoned everything. Rather than teach love for humanity, they want all their enemies to die. If you sneeze, its your enemy. If you sleep and wake up in the middle of the night, its the enemy. Those people are berserk! Am now a proud atheist/agnost. I dont believe in any crap that religion has to teach

Ah ahn! Na so u turn atheist because of the doctrines of one denomination out of so many in Christendom? Abeg my brother rethink your stance. It's not worth missing eternity because of the confusion of a few people. Peace and grace to you.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mollie12: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
wholexy009: You need to note here that there are two types of death spiritual and physical death, most of those. prayers point A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ mearnt to terminate the spirit making such uncle or aunt to act in that manner.. Once any evil human undergoes this spiritual death; he or she is no longer in the position to do any harm cos the power inside of him has been dealt with

But spirits don't die nah? That's the reason why there is a concept of eternity. Nevertheless I get the point behind what you are saying. But making a statement like that can create confusion.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mollie12: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
ferhyntorlah: Please leave MFM with their prayer pattern. If that gets them the result they want then fine. No one is forcing anybody to join them.

What I know is the spiritual controls the physical. If you can conquer the spiritual then victory is sure in the physical.

"In the days of John the Baptist till NOW, the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and the VIOLENT taketh it by FORCE." -Matthew 11:12

"We wrestle not against FLESH and BLOOD but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the rulers of darkness of this world; against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places." -Ephesians 6:12

Some people are possessed of EVIL spirits and that spirits pushes them to do evil and wickedness. If you can conquer that spirit through violent prayers then victory is yours. If not then the problem continues.

For so many people, God has purposed to elevate and do a new thing in their lives but the evil powers won't allow it. Anytime the blessings are about to get to them, the wicked people block it or sometimes hijack it.

If you don't command them to be destroyed same thing will keep happening until the wicked people die and when that happens the person might be in his old age. I've found out that these wicked people tend to live long so you can imagine the years of such an individual they would have wasted.

I support the prayers 100%. Anyone who leaves his/her territory to come and cause trouble/wreck havoc(using satanic powers) in my territory
deserves to DIE! I have absolutely no mercy for the wicked.

Hian to your last statement! You do remember Christ loved you and died for you while you were still considered wicked (that's what the Bible refers to as sinful).

It's not possible for wicked spirits to hijack blessings that are supposed to come to you as a Christian - except you have created a doorway for them through unrepented sin. Saying that undermines the power of God. What good is it telling everyone you serve the most powerful Person in all existence and yet that when that Person determines in His heart to bless you, some little, low creatures can still prevent the desire of that Person's heart in your life?

I personally cannot argue against the MFM style of prayer (on a general base, because spiritual warfare is part of Christian life). But some of the assumptions people make for praying these prayers are just unbiblical, and we have to admit it.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mollie12: 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
folaked: all of u critisizin mfm ar hypocrits. Aint u learned. Jesus gave a parable of a master dat gave his servants talents,some he gave 5,2 and 1 acordinly.all dis pastors have dia own mesege and ministry.adeboye is in2 praise, oyedepo is in2 faith nd prosperity.olukoya is in2 deliverance 4rm curses nd convenant. Just like if u have a eye problem,u knw who 2 go 2, just like dia ar skin doctors,etc. So anytin u see in mfm dat u dnt like,just kip ur mouth shot cos d ways of God is high abv our ways.dnt judge based on ur own little and wordly undastanding.thanks.

Hmmm, my sister, please which part in the bible did you read of specialized-ministry churches?

That that's the common practice today does not make it the right way.

The gospel of Christ is a well-rounded and well-balanced one. And we have a responsibility as Christians to always preach the full gospel, and not just segments. Such creates unbalanced and unstable Christians.

And the talent parable is really irrelevant to this situation.
Re: Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church by mollie12: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
After all that has been said, I just want to clarify a few things.

It's pretty easy to categorize a ministry as false because certain members have conducted themselves in an unchristian manner or because perhaps (and I emphasize perhaps) the life experience of the founder might have colored the doctrine. But we must all remember that there is no perfect human, and there is no perfect church doctrine; we are moving towards perfection in Christ. Some of us even started our Christianity on the wrong footing but God has found us and is leading us gradually back towards Him. So we should be careful of making sweeping generalizations on any ministry.

Ecclesiastes tells us there is a time for everything. Likewise, there will be a time to pray quiet prayers and a time to pray loud prayers. So don't use that as a yardstick to judge any church.

We can go back and forth from now till eternity on whether MFM has the right approach or not. But the real issue to judge is what is going on in your own heart. You might have undergone unpleasant experience in the hands of some members of the church: let me tell you know that that can happen to you anywhere. The most important question you need to ask yourself is whether the ministry you have subjected yourself to is conforming you more and more to the image of Christ.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Spiritual Husbands Real? / Akure Baby Who "Spoke 2 Weeks After Birth" (Photo) / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.