Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32051 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by wellmax(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has agreed to reverse his administration’s plan to introduce the 5000 naira note.

The currency restructuring, announced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, would have seen the unveiling of the N5000 note as the highest naira denomination while lower currencies were to be converted to coins.

Weeks of public outrage criticizing the policy culminated in the Senate and the House of Representatives, approving separate resolutions on Tuesday, demanding that the plan be suspended.

Mr. Jonathan met with the leadership of the two arms hours after the National Assembly sessions on Tuesday and assured that any “approval given in the regards can be reversed since it is the wish of the people,” lawmakers informed about the decision said Wednesday afternoon.

It remains unclear whether the president has issued a directive to that effect.

More details later….

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/100706-jonathan-agrees-to-reverse-n5000-notes-plan.html
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Catlanta: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
Democracy at work!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 1025: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announce.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Desola(f): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025: i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announce.

don't forget Maulag o.

The man is confused!

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by immortalvoices(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Can someone pls remind me of the defination of Democracy?

If dis is true, then GEJ Knew who he was dealing wit {sanusi lamido}. nd at d same time never wanted to offend the wrong people {Nigerian masses}.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by jhydebaba(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Why is this administration making policies only to revert it after public outcry?
I suggest that the President should always consult us before proposing anything (even going to the toilet) so that we can decide for him before he goes public.
Listening Government Indeed!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by bubadaniel13: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025: i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
its a good attribute,it shows that he is a listening President,he is a true democrat who respects the wishes of the masses,I admire him GEJ all the way.1025 people like u will still compalain if he has done nothing.

64 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=18pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]

You dont just reverse a decision because people want it,you reverse it because you think it is the right thing to do(what you ve just donr only shows your insecurity Mr President)

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Idokojimmy: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Only a listening Govt can reverse its position or policy to impact meaningfully on the people. The people Cried and Gej has listened, I feel he should be commended. [/color][color=#006600]

47 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Jmain: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Good . . . .
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 1025: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: its a good attribute,it shows that he is a listening President,he is a true democrat who respects the wishes of the masses,I admire him GEJ all the way.1025 people like u will still compalain if he has done nothing.

u are as good as our president. in my place, we sh-i-t before cleaning our back door so in any area where ppl clean their back-doors before shi-tting, something must be wrong there.
you don't announce these things and tell us no going back before consultations. you must do the right consultations and when u speak, as a president, ur words are bonds. when u start talking anyhow and reversing things anyhow, nobody will ever take u serious.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dasparrow: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Post

That is wonderful! I was not in support of those 5,000 naira notes from day one. Introducing 5,000 naira notes into our currency would just make it easier for our politicians to loot large sums of money in smaller bags. I am glad GEJ is listening to the voice of the people who are against this currency policy of his.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 2mch(m): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
It is good to be a listening president. Kudos to Jona. If you are on the people's side your enemies can never win. They will always be crushed. The voices of the masses is the voice of God. Never forget

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by bubadaniel13: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

u are as good as our president. in my place, we sh-i-t before cleaning our back door so in any area where ppl clean their back-doors before shi-tting, something must be wrong there.
you don't announce these things and tell us no going back before consultations. you must do the right consultations and when u speak, as a president, ur words are bonds. when u start talking anyhow and reversing things anyhow, nobody will ever take u serious.
when Goarge Bush invaded Iraq he was advised not to do so he still went ahead with the war,today he is regretting,it is not better to avert something than allowing it to happen and then regret?u may not like GEJ but to me he has a good heart and is also a good leader,he is ur president live with that ok

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Arsenate(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
Na now I know say to rule Naija no easy. Majority of Nigerians are against this policy, GEJ understands this that's why he reverted but them still dey complain. Shiooor. Na this same people go complain say hin no dey hear people yarns. Omo o.

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by miky(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
what the fck does gej know about economics? he should leave that up to the central bank and their directors, who are the relevant people for that matter

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by acidtalk: 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
I earlier called for Nigerians of all ages, tribe and religion to unite and kick against the introduction of the note. Weeks later Dino Melaye led others to Abuja (CBN headquaters ) to kick against it and now we have victory on our side.

View the thread below -

https://www.nairaland.com/1030089/why-n5000-note-should-kickedi
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by eledalo: 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
NOBODY CAN INTIMIDATE ME - GOODLUCK E JOHNATHAN. Its not easy to be president

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by snowdrops(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hail hail to the flip flopping president.
Definition of confusion.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by blessedmayor(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
betta
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN is a Man of the people!
A man that has the masses at heart
A humble man
A proud son of Bayelsa my home state
May God give him more grace to rule the nation!

Imagine buying one cup of GARRI for #50 and paying with #5000 note!
The price of GARRI would have inflated!

God bless you Mr. President!

24 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Mandelaguy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Sanusi should be dusted and booted out. Swallat!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by acidtalk: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
JONATHAN and JOHNNY BRAVO na who stup*id pass?

Get $50,000 and a Private jet if you get it right.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by yohannazack(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
To jump befo u look is very bad, cus u wil always suffer defeat. Thank GOD fo democracy is in action and thanks dino, all lagosians and the national assembly.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Arsenate(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
TBH I was never a GEJ fan but he kinda earn my respect with this action. BRAVO JONNY

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 1025: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: when Goarge Bush invaded Iraq he was advised not to do so he still went ahead with the war,today he is regretting,it is not better to avert something than allowing it to happen and then regret?u may not like GEJ but to me he has a good heart and is also a good leader,he is ur president live with that ok

go and make ur research very well. is not possible to rule america without the consent of the senate. bush had to convince them with a satelite picture that showed saddam weapon of mass destruction. you better talk nigerian politics where anything can happen and stay out of american politics as that will expose ur weak political background.where did u see bush or read about his regrets over the war his father could not conclude.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Adeks(m): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: when Goarge Bush invaded Iraq he was advised not to do so he still went ahead with the war,today he is regretting,it is not better to avert something than allowing it to happen and then regret?u may not like GEJ but to me he has a good heart and is also a good leader,he is ur president live with that ok
Proper CONSULTATIONS should be made b4 going public. PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ACM10: 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Good move! Afterall Yar adua overuled Soludo

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by emilyone(f): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
who stole his thinking cap initially?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Cleverley(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
Yes, lets democracy prevail!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Areaboy2(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=14pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]

Can u guys shut up for once and let the man do the damn job you elected him for?

Damn!!! you all cry and ask govt to listen to the voice of the masses. when govt does, then he has no mind of his own.?

make up your damn minds what you want for fish sake

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by bubadaniel13: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

go and make ur research very well. is not possible to rule america without the consent of the senate. bush had to convince them with a satelite picture that showed saddam weapon of mass destruction. you better talk nigerian politics where anything can happen and stay out of american politics as that will expose ur weak political background.where did u see bush or read about his regrets over the war his father could not conclude.
I know what I am saying,the point still remaons that GEJ is a good leader who listens,bad belly like u should hug the transformer

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Make Sure You Correct Your Mistakes IF You Win, Okoye Tells GEJ / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.