Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? (8754 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? / Should We Pray For The Death Of Our ‘enemies’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by destinedtee(m): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
Considering Matthew 5:44(But i say unto you,Love your enemies,bless them that curse you,and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you) and Luke 6:27(But i say unto you which hear,Love your enemies,do good to them which hate you) Is it then biblical to desire their hurt,wish them evil or even pray against them?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia5: 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
Sounds like a repeat topic but carry on.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by destinedtee(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
tpia@:
Sounds like a repeat topic but carry on.
i am sorry.i was not aware d question has been asked before now.Thanks.Stay Blessed
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by MrAnony1(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2012
destinedtee: Considering Matthew 5:44(But i say unto you,Love your enemies,bless them that curse you,and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you) and Luke 6:27(But i say unto you which hear,Love your enemies,do good to them which hate you) Is it then biblical to desire their hurt,wish them evil or even pray against them?
No it is not scriptural to pray against your enemies.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by destinedtee(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
No it is not scriptural to pray against your enemies.

Thanks sir.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by petres007(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2012
destinedtee: Considering Matthew 5:44(But i say unto you,Love your enemies,bless them that curse you,and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you) and Luke 6:27(But i say unto you which hear,Love your enemies,do good to them which hate you) Is it then biblical to desire their hurt,wish them evil or even pray against them?

Interesting! We'd be discussing this topic in a bible seminar in Lagos in a couple of weeks. If you're in Lagos and would like to attend, you might want to keep an eye on this group (its free to join) - https://www./bibleexpose

Cheers!
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
hmm
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
OP.. We pray against demonic entities,territorial spirits,spiritual wickedness in the heavenlies..Those are the real enemies and not physical entities.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Omuha(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
You may pray against the success of his evil works,but not against the man himself. Rather you pray that the Father of light may touch him & lead him aright & you show him as much love as you possibly can that from your own deeds he may appreciate what it is to love all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by TRILLIONIAR: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
F.A.M.E
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
It's not in the scriptures but I do pray to God to
help me identify and take away all who have ill will towards me
out of my life. I don't wish them bodily harm of course.

So far he's always done just that and even more by way of karma.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Koolking(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
I am compelled to ask, Who are our enemies? And by our words and actions, are we being considered as enemies by others?

Who are these enemies some of us Christians always pray against?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by kennz(f): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Its not scrptural. D bible urges us 2pray 4aw enemis nd leave Vegence to God. rada we shld cntinue doin gud 2evryone incldin dos wu claim 2be aw enemis.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by hustla242: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Our real enemies are not human, they are our thought processes, our thinking patterns (strongholds) that have moulded us into who we are. We need prayers to break these stronghold in order to be free.

We are our number 1 enemies.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by NET1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
The only type of Enemy I would fervently pray against are those who openly want to snuff Life out of me - maybe physically or spiritually. If you don't have such ulterior motives against me, then I can overlook you.

But if you have the slightest thought of planning anything evil against me (whether physically or Spiritually), bros, I'll pray fervently, ferociously for you to kick the damn dirty bucket.

It may not be scriptural, but that's my belief. Make una no vex.

.NET

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by iamswizz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
Dnt pray against them,ok?... Allow them 2 kill u first.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by DANILSA(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
Koolking: I am compelled to ask, Who are our enemies? And by our words and actions, are we being considered as enemies by others?

Who are these enemies some of us Christians always pray against?
THEY PRAY AGAINST THE EVIL DEMONS CONTROLLING BOKO HARAM BOYZ lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Mavrick2012: 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
2day xtians sort d bible,ie dey take d part dat suits their canal desire bt discard d unplisin 1s.d same law dat talk abt tithe also talk abt nt wearin clot made of difrent colours/materials,ie must always wear plane clots(bt xtians take tith bt liv d clot aspect).d new testament dat talk abt "i wish abov al tins dat thou prosper even as thy soul prosper" also say "as dificult 4 a camel to pas tru d eye of a nidl so 4 a richman to enta d kingdom of god"(take d earlier bt discad d forma).som xtians,expecialy livin faith membas,says d soldiers dat cruxified crist shared his clot because it was expensiv,though it was just a mare fulfilment of profesi,4got d place wheir jesus said "birds of d air n foxes hav a hous bt d son of man has non".som also justify buyin of jet n xpensiv cars because jesus "rode on a donkey in2 gathsemene",dey equaly ignor dat it was also a fulfilment of scripure,morova,dat was d only place it was recorded dat he rode on anytin(was always trekin),even d donkey was nt purchased bt BORROWED.if we are to acept d xtianity of jesus n paul,it has notin to do wit material tins n WE DONT PRAY AGAINST OUR ENEMY BUT FOR THEM considerin d places quoated by d op.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by manny4life(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes it is...

SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE BUT DIE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by cr8v(f): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes but your enemy is not the human being but the demons controling them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by elampiro(m): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
I opened a topic on this, I didn't know there have been earlier postings.

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.'' Words of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Detonatorrex(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
did Jesus ever pray against His enemies?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by destinedtee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Detonator-rex:
did Jesus ever pray against His enemies?
rather,he prayed for them

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by destinedtee(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
iamswizz: Dnt pray against them,ok?... Allow them 2 kill u first.
if God be for us who can be against us?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Detonatorrex(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
.NET:
The only type of Enemy I would fervently pray against are those who openly want to snuff Life out of me - maybe physically or spiritually. If you don't have such ulterior motives against me, then I can overlook you.

But if you have the slightest thought of planning anything evil against me (whether physically or Spiritually), bros, I'll pray fervently, ferociously for you to kick the damn dirty bucket.

It may not be scriptural, but that's my belief. Make una no vex.

.NET
Don't you think that's murder?you have prayed for an enemy(who ofcourse is a sinner) to die..they may eventually die and go to hell.but is that God's plan for us?ask yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by manny4life(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
destinedtee:
if God be for us who can be against us?

Same God told you, do not be ignorant of the devices of the devil.

Same God told you, "my people perish" because the lack, Knowledge, Wisdom, Vision.

1 Like

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by Kei144(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
I have grown to a level in the spirit where I will not waste my time praying against my enemies. Instead, I arm myself for war against enemies when they come to attack me. What I mean is that as long as an enemy or a friend does not attack me, I do not care about him/her, but if I see the possibility of attack from any person, I prepare for war. The Bible is against shedding innocent blood; but if a person engages in warfare against me, I use every spiritual weapon I could lay my hand upon.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
The bible does say prepare for war.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tetranine: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
We pray against spiritual wickedness in high places not necessary someone in ur place of work,family or school who offends u.If we all offer prayers against our enemies,dat means everyone would ve been dead by now because we all have enemies both we know and those we don't know.Prayers shld den be offered against those ones dat attacks u spiritual and den prayer of repentance for those who offend u physically
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
^^^

The question remains, what is the Biblical definition of "enemies". To me, enemies are those who call for my head, who are bent on destroying me both physically and spiritually.

I was about to state the passage now,

The Bible was very specific about the particular chapter...he said we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, principality and power, and wickedness in high places. You forget so quickly that the Bible said the wicked are amongst us. In fact, they come like a lion in sheep clothing seeking for whom to devour.

No one is saying pray death upon your enemies that envy you or jealous of you, but when you have someone who wages war against you spiritually, you're hear saying about pray for their repentance. Don't forget, God has given them onto a reprobate mind in their evil ways. Anyone who willingly wants to destroy me, or have sworn by their wrath for my destruction will be destroyed...
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by jaydude(f): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
destinedtee:
rather,he prayed for them

Jesus Christ prayed against his enemies:

But those mine enemies, which would
not that I should reign over them, bring
hither, and slay them before me...Luke 19:27 (new testament)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Jesus Enough? - Andrew Wommack / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments / How Do Atheists Explain Away Paranormal Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.