Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,415 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? (8767 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? / Should We Pray For The Death Of Our ‘enemies’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2012
destinedtee:
Thanks Jaydude but have u considered 1Peter1:13 which says 'and who is he that will harm you if ye be followers of that which is good' I personally believe that if all we do is follow and serve God genuinely we don't have to bother about our 'enemies' as it were because God will take care of them.They can't hurt us without the consent of God and i trust that God will never permit them to hurt us.The only way they can gain access to us is when we have defiled ourselves with sin and created a loophole for them to reach us.

when you follow and serve God genuinely is when you see your enemies coming out of the woodwork.

if you're not serious in your christianity, they wont bother with you.

when you defile yourself with sin, you become their best friend.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by aribisala0(m): 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
[b][/b]
manny4life:

Same God told you, do not be ignorant of the devices of the devil.

Same God told you, "my people perish" because the lack, Knowledge, Wisdom, Vision.

The devil is fully in control of your life! What are you talking about?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by daring12: 1:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Be enlightened. This perception or perhaps doctrine is not Christ like.

http:///RJ81cp
http://www.thankgodforjesus.org/african-churches-praying-let-die-prayers-unscriptural/African Churches: Praying “Let Them Die” Prayers is Unscriptural

jaydude: Well as for me, my opinion is that the enemies u won't kill if they don't repent wuld just kill you!

God says :
1) Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live..Exodus 22:18 (old testament)
If all the witches in our families that have refused 2 repent are dead many of us for don rich pass dangote wit d brains we have!

2) Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein:
and he that rolleth a stone, it will return
upon him... Proverbs 26:27 (old testament)
...u can go ahead and pray for ur enemies that they don't fall into d pit they have dug, u decide to fall inside d pit for them to bury you okay!

3) Mine eye also shall see my desire on
mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear
my desire of the wicked that rise up
against me Psalm 92:11 (old testament)

4) But those mine enemies, which would
not that I should reign over them, bring
hither, and slay them before me...Luke 19:27 (new testament)

By d way when God said u shuld pray for ur enemies, did He give u a prayer point? wisdom is profitable to direct (Ecclesiastes 10:10b)
...dnt be like Abel whose blood cried to God for vengeance against his brother Cain when he was already in d grave, if uve ever lost a loved one at a young age and mysteriously too, u wuld know what it means to pray against enemies if they have REFUSED to repent

#My 2 cents#
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
gbanga02: according to the scripture, it is not good, Jesus said we should pray for our enemies.

True.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
ladiesman: pastor will say u should pray against them to die and also another pastor will say u pray for ur enemy to live so that they can see how u flourish.... am confused sad

Follow Jesus example.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by jacksonite: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
iamswizz: Dnt pray against them,ok?... Allow them 2 kill u first.
But if God says you should love your enemy,then who are you to say otherwise?After all who are you taking the prayer to,is it not to the same God? What do you think he will do with that kind of prayer?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 3:50am On Jul 22, 2014
destinedtee: Considering Matthew 5:44(But i say unto you,Love your enemies,bless them that curse you,and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you) and Luke 6:27(But i say unto you which hear,Love your enemies,do good to them which hate you) Is it then biblical to desire their hurt,wish them evil or even pray against them?

this is the passage:

Matthew 5

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Luke 6:

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

blind hate is what the christian is not supposed to engage in.

if you do such, you really should consider yourself an unbeliever and even some unbelievers do not show high levels of blind hatred like christians.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by jacksonite: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
NET1:

Just last week (as I came back to PH from Lagos), I heard the sad story of a 22 year old boy who has bewitched and killed in my compound. He is the only son in a family of about 5 girls. His uncles had openly boasted that they would get rid of him, so his father would no longer have a heir to replace him. They reckoned that if that happened, they would just wait for the boy's father (who is from my estimate over 65 years) to die, so they take his own portion of their family land, since he would have no son to replace him.

I also heard they were seriously fighting and haggling over their Family Land and ..ish. The boy has been having terrible spiritual and physical attacks. Many times, he fell sick and experienced doctors could not diagnose anything wrong with him. Time will fail me to narrate the terrible ordeal this lad had to go through.

I was shocked to hear when I came back to PH just last week that the boy had crossed the narrow sea.

If you were that boy, would you pray against your 'Enemies' or not?

.NET
How are you sure that the boy never prayed?Does prayer even stops death?Is it not better to die while keeping the word of God than to live or die disobeying him?Why cant people who claim to be believers trust God when he says vengeance is his?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by christemmbassey(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
jacksonite: How are you sure that the boy never prayed?Does prayer even stops death?Is it not better to die while keeping the word of God than to live or die disobeying him?Why cant people who claim to be believers trust God when he says vengeance is his?
bros, these are NOT christians, they are called mixed multitute.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by tpia1: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by bodee(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Omuha:
You may pray against the success of his evil works,but not against the man himself. Rather you pray that the Father of light may touch him & lead him aright & you show him as much love as you possibly can that from your own deeds he may appreciate what it is to love all.
Yea, correct!
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
Koolking:
I am compelled to ask, Who are our enemies? And by our words and actions, are we being considered as enemies by others?

Who are these enemies some of us Christians always pray against?
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by itstpia8: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
tpia1:

this is the passage:

Matthew 5

Luke 6:

blind hate is what the christian is not supposed to engage in.

if you do such, you really should consider yourself an unbeliever and even some unbelievers do not show high levels of blind hatred like christians.

its unfortunate that sound teaching and advice is what gets ignored 99% of the time.
Re: Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? by mcoleman: 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Seek the lord, pick up your Bible and read it. Everything you need to know is in there, yes God said love your enemies, and pray for them because if you are a true child of God, your enemies is his enemies, unless they repent and give their heart to God. I remember reading someone ask should we love the Devll? there is no where in the word of God where he tells us to love the devil, Jesus said he came to destroy the works of the devil. When Jesus said love your enemies he's talking about people, because it was people you and me who he died for, many times people let the devil use them but God is in control at all times.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Except God Intervenes, Nigeria Not Better Than Sodom And Gomorrah - CAN / Myopia Of Atheism / Pay Pastors Well By Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.