Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

African Union Should Be Abolished - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Union Should Be Abolished (2415 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 4:33am On Sep 20, 2012
This thing is funded by the usa and europe.

personally i hate people who are pan african.

Somalis, north africans are not pan africans

this thing needs to go the way of the dinosaurs

when i become president of somalia, i will see to it we leave this institution
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pazienza(m): 9:19am On Sep 20, 2012
Hehe!
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by InsertName: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Shut up you white/nonblack troll. It's too obvious that you are not Somali at all. You just troll to cause division amongst African peoples. Go back to Stormfront.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 12:18am On Sep 27, 2012
InsertName: Shut up you white/nonblack troll. It's too obvious that you are not Somali at all. You just troll to cause division amongst African peoples. Go back to Stormfront.

lol am somali everyone here knows that.

go to somalinet.com my people agree with my sentiment
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by odumchi: 5:23am On Sep 27, 2012
Thread moved.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2012
odumchi: Thread moved.

to where my good friend?
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by gst101: 7:46am On Sep 27, 2012
have you ever seen a fulani in your life? If you have, you would not see your self so special. It not like you are not black. You are black and thats your race. There is nothing you can do about it. Deny alll you can but a leopard cannot change the spot on its body. I want you to google the name Agbani Darego and tell me things about her
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by gst101: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2012
who told you that europe is the one funding the AU. African countries are the ones financing their organization. The biggest contributors are Nigeria, SA, libya and algeria.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2012
dude this african union is gonna fail.

u know ur inferiority complex as bantu is represented when the african union's capital is in ethiopia..lol
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by amosy007: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2012
Am sure its gona be okay if it is sponsored by the east init?
Fhuckin arab slave
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2012
amosy007: Am sure its gona be okay if it is sponsored by the east init?
Fhuckin arab slave

my people were never slaves. we speak our language. we are the only country in african named after an ethnicity. our nationality is not named after some european. our language is not a european one like all negroid countries.

we were never enslaved unlike u negroids. so who is the real slave.

stop self projecting.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by gst101: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2012
i am sure you have googled Agbani Darego and you now know who she is. but who she is something that makes you by far inferior and bursts your 'i am better than you' bubble. Thats why you have refused to say anything about her after googling her.

And i ask you again. Have you ever met the fulanis?
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by panafrican(m): 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
somalia5: This thing is funded by the usa and europe.

If you are a somalian as you say,then maybe you are an AL -Shabaab guy ,you foolish jihadists want to hijack somalia and expend beyond this country your radical islamic agenda. Some of you are now in northern Mali threatening all West Africa.
The hate for african unity you display is mostly based on the news that thwarted your delusional dream.
Read the fellowing.

AMISOM peacekeepers on patrol after capturing the Elmaan seaport from al Shabaab insurgents on September 4th, 2012.

THE ATLANTIC.
How Africa's Most Threatening Terrorist Group Lost Control of Somalia
By Armin Rosen
Sep 21 2012, 10:00 AM ET

Al Shabaab, which once ruled much of a country roughly the same size as France, was undone by famine, unprecedented African military cooperation, and their own medieval rule.

On Wednesday, the African Union Mission in Somalia, a multi-national military force, first deployed in 2007 to support the country's besieged Transitional Federal Government, warned civilians in Kismayo that the mission's final assault on their city was imminent. Kismayo is the last major town controlled by the Islamist militant movement al Shabaab, the al Qaeda-affiliated group that ruled much of Somalia until April of this year. Although Kismayo has been the site of U.S. drone attacks, its port still does a brisk business in sugar cane imports and charcoal exports. Tres Thomas, a Somalia analyst and PhD candidate at George Mason University, estimates that the port makes al Shabaab "tens of millions of dollars" a year and is the group's "most lucrative source of internal revenue." So Kismayo's possible fall is a big deal for the future of a particularly destabilizing terrorist insurgency
More info @ http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/how-africas-most-threatening-terrorist-group-lost-control-of-somalia/262655/
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
dude alshabaab is composed of all somalis. all somalis dont want negroid bantu with hiv in our country. its only this corrupt government that wants bantu eating fufus.

if all somalis wanted amisom fufus in our country then the 18,000 slaves soldiers from amisom along with somali government would have routed alshabaab five years ago.

die of aids u stupppid slave
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ohh you again?
Back for attention? aaw sorry the somalis couldn't shower you with affection and attention you so much crave?
Don't worry keep us entertained clown.I promise to laugh grin
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 1:57am On Sep 28, 2012
pendo89: Ohh you again?
Back for attention? aaw sorry the somalis couldn't shower you with affection and attention you so much crave?
Don't worry keep us entertained clown.I promise to laugh grin

pendo ur assssss is mine. u need to be spanked
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by andrewza: 3:16am On Sep 28, 2012
This Re-tard-ed American who thinks he is a somlian should think before he posts he is only making himself look even more Re-tard-ed than we thought he was.

do you even belief the nonsense you post.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by cjrane: 4:14am On Sep 28, 2012
somalia5: This thing is funded by the usa and europe.

Personally, i want AU abolished for a slightly different reason. The Somalis will then need to work for a living instead of depending on poor African states for sustenance and security
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by solbil: 6:19am On Sep 28, 2012
they are a burden to the rest of us. you keep acting like you did not see my post where i asked you to google Agbani Darego. why dont you do the lil assignment and stop fooling around. but no; you are not going to do it. becos intellectualism is not khurt, you hardly think of it.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by cjrane: 10:05am On Sep 28, 2012
Well, AU have taken the port of Kismayo, so Al-shabab will soon die off from starvation and lack of weapons.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
HomeNews

News
Kenyan troops take control of Shabaab stronghold Kismayu

The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) have taken control of Kismayu, the last remaining al-Shabaab stronghold in Somalia.

KDF information officer Cyrus Oguna said the military entered Kismayu at 2.00am and advised locals to avoid areas where the troops are operating.

"KDF troops have taken control of Kismayu!!!," the military said Friday.

"Residents are advised to avoid areas where KDF and SNA troops are to avoid collateral damage."

KDF said it had suffered no casualties.

"Our troops are safe and sound, so far no casualties," the military said.

On Thursday, the commander of the Ras Kamboni Brigade, Sheikh Ahmed Madobe, told the Nation the final push to take the city was imminent.

"I believe the campaign to liberate Kismayu is in the final stages. We are in the process of wrapping it up. I hope by early next week, the city of Kismayu will be in our hands, God willing.

"Everything is going according to plan. Our combined forces are advancing on multiple fronts and they are on course towards entering the city from all corners early next week," he said in a telephone interview.
Share This Story

On Thursday, at around 5.30pm KDF jets bombed Kismayu airport destroying an armoury store.

And on Thursday, the military destroyed the militia's training and command facility in the outskirts of Kismayu.

Last week, KDF and African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) captured Jana Cabdalla as they marched towards the port city of Kismayu.

The town, which was a transport corridor for the al-Shabaab, is 40km from Kismayu.

On the march to Kismayu, KDF had told residents to keep off areas in and around the city.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
The special fighting troops (KDF)made the beach landing using 11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats from Kenya naval warships.
Spectacular beach and air landing, the first by an African country, helped main fighting units of the KDF storm the port city of Kismayu, and last lifeline of the Al-Shabaab terrorists based in Somalia.
Kenya air-force shelled Al-Shabaabs main armory and warehouse near the coast destroying both facilities completely denting the long term capacity to resupply.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by somalia5: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
time for gureila warfare...i cant wait for the fufu blood to spill on the ground. smiley
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by andrewza: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
somalia5: time for gureila warfare...i cant wait for the fufu blood to spill on the ground. smiley

They where fighting guerrilla war.
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by panafrican(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2012

Somalia 5
dude alshabaab is composed of all somalis. all somalis dont want negroid bantu with hiv in our country. its only this corrupt government that wants bantu eating fufus.

if all somalis wanted amisom fufus in our country then the 18,000 slaves soldiers from amisom along with somali government would have routed alshabaab five years ago.

die of aids u stupppid slave
Rethoric of a loser. "Bantu slaves " are now in control of your homeland. Routing your butts out of Kismayu. "Stupid slaves " overpowered the headquarter of your "smart healthy almighty" al-shabaab army , how come ? You may be the silliest guy on Earth then.
You retarded jihadists will now have to swim to cross over to Yemen or Saudi arabia, foolish gangstas, Go back to the arabic desert worship your bastar Bin Laden. You will speak Bantu pretty soon in Kismayu. grin
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by otele(m): 3:19am On Sep 29, 2012
Swim to where? US navy is patrolling the seas there. grin

By the way, what is Bantu?
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hi Ayanle/Ali/Somali 12345.Got more news for you.Read Baby Read. smiley

Kenyan military planners duped Al-Shabaab into believing that a land invasion of their last remaining bastion of Kismayu was imminent before making an amphibious landing from the sea.

While Al-Shabaab planned its defences based on that assumption, the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF), part of the African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) in the Horn of Africa country, was training at sea.

“As the KAF (Kenya Air Force) engaged in aerial attacks the other forces were moving in by sea, from where they were to disembark. Essentially, it was intended to divert attention, especially from the Al-Shabaab.

That’s why you (the media) did not know about it yesterday (Thursday),” said Col Cyrus Oguna, the KDF spokesman.

The surprise landing in Somalia’s coastal city of Kismayu by Kenyan troops on Friday was the culmination of a three-day secret undertaking, the Saturday Nation can reveal.

It involved attacks from the air, land and sea, all happening at the same time, and was codenamed Operation Sledge Hammer.

It was the first time the KDF ground troops set foot in Kismayu, the stronghold of terrorist group Al-Shabaab, since the Kenyan troops crossed the border into Somalia in October last year. (READ: Kenya declares Kismayu fall imminent)

Landed in middle of the night

The operation involved bombing by KAF F-5 jets and more shelling by Kenya Navy ships from the Indian Ocean with the ultimate aim – landing Kenya Army troops in the city – being executed in the middle of the night.Col Oguna, the operations officer in charge of Information at KDF, said: “By 2am (Friday), the last forces had gotten out of the naval vessels and were safely on the ground. It has been on for the past three days and that’s why there were air strikes in key Al-Shabaab logistical bases.”

The high-ranking officer left his usual station in Nairobi for Kismayu and arrived with the fighting troops so as to provide regular updates from the battleground.

Col Oguna said the capture, a secret undertaking, was an “amphibious operation”, an organised military landing by means of combined naval and land forces.

Military officers and analysts have since dubbed it the first of its kind in Africa.

The strategy was all along to make the Al-Shabaab believe that the attack on Kismayu would be launched by ground troops advancing by road, most probably the ones at Jana Abdalla, the most recent township to be captured by KDF before Friday’s onslaught.
He said the attack was given a codename because it was the ultimate prize in Sector 2, the area assigned to KDF by Amisom.

“The major operation in Sector 2 was Kismayu,” said Col Oguna.

“Removal of Al-Shabaab would signal the complete destruction of its control of all the financial and logistical operations.

“We needed a hammer to accomplish it; hence ‘Operation Sledge Hammer’. Kismayu supported all other sectors, including 1, 3 and 4.”

Military headquarters in Nairobi described the operation thus in a post on its official Twitter account: “KDF and SNA undertook meticulous planning on the operation and executed it with utmost effectiveness never before seen in Africa.”

It said an “amphibious operation” was of the kind which are “complicated, delicate and highly dangerous to execute.”
Besides arriving at the sea port, other military personnel, mainly drawn from Special Forces, an elite squad of KDF, landed at Kismayu Airport and took control.
By Friday night, the troops were going on with the operation aimed at taking control of the whole of Kismayu.

The airport was on Wednesday bombed by KAF fighter jets, destroying an Al-Shabaab armoury and warehouse.

The airstrikes were described by the DoD as “surgical operations,” because only specific targets were targeted and hit, including training camps, defence posts and other areas where the militias were concentrated.

KDF urged Kismayu residents to keep off areas with large number of Al-Shabaab fighters to be safe from crossfire.

It also urged Al-Shabaab to lay down their arms, adding that Kenyans who had joined the terrorist group in Somalia would be granted amnesty after they surrender.

After the combined force of ground and naval forces struck the port, the majority of Al-Shabaab fighters fled.

“Some of them just melted into the community but we still expect some little resistance, which we are ready to neutralise,” said military spokesman Emmanuel Chirchir.

The KDF destroyed several technical vehicles left behind by the fleeing militants during the take-over, which is said to have lasted less than three hours, he added.

By daybreak, the Kenyan troops had taken control of most parts of the town.

Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by panafrican(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
Done deal. Panafrican "silly bantu forces " have landed and curiously the arab butts- suckers al - shabaad jihadists are running like rats in the desert.

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdhZdie8uvk

alos @ http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/09/20129295415328148.html
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
panafrican: Done deal. Panafrican "silly bantu forces " have landed and curiously the arab butts- suckers al - shabaad jihadists are running like rats in the desert.
Watch the video @ http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/09/20129295415328148.html

In case he missed.

Never underestimate people out of ignorance and stupidity,till you see them in action.Right somali?
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by cjrane: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
pendo89: HomeNews

News
Kenyan troops take control of Shabaab stronghold Kismayu

smiley smiley smiley

Up gallant Kenya and Uganda troops!!!
Where are those Al-shabab cowards always making noise that Kismayo was an impossible objective for AU to capture? We now know they were real cowards and rapists who couldn't stand and fight real men,but took pleasure in killing women and children for fun. grin grin grin grin
Re: African Union Should Be Abolished by pendo89(f): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2012
lolest,still on the run. no network. He will come and post as soon as he finds a cave to hide in.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protest Banned In Burundi / VIDEO: Shocking ISIS Video Shows U.S. Soldiers Killed In Niger Ambush / ‎₦5.8 Billion, MQ-9 Reaper Drone That Took Out General Soleimani In Iraq(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.