Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (19632 Views)

Glo Disses Mtn In Their Porting Advert? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by na2day(m): 5:16am On Sep 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The thing that amazes me the most about Samsung's Galaxy S3 ads is that they have somehow managed to come off as more smug than Apple.

[flash=600,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

grin grin grin

[size=13pt]For those who cant watch the video[/size]

[img]http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/HHHf/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-advert-mocks-iphone-5-users-0.jpg?20120920-095730[/img]

Samsung’s latest commercial for its flagship Samsung Galaxy S III phone has been released taking a scything swipe at potential iPhone 5 customers claiming many have moved on to the Korean manufacturer’s Android powered smartphone.

“The next big thing is already here” claims Samsung as the advert shows iPhone die hard fans queuing up outside Apple stores in anticipation of the iPhone 5, arriving on 21 September.

With sound bites such as “the headset jacks is going to be on the bottom” and “this year we’re finally getting what we didn’t get last year, a big screen,” Samsung’s less than subtle message is clear – too little, too late.

A group of former Apple fanboys then walk past the crowds sporting their Samsung Galaxy S III’s to which the watching crowds curiously look on at the Android smatphone’s features such as ShareShot and the bigger screen.

Whether you’re a Samsung Galaxy S III convert or are itching to get your hands on the new iPhone 5, it’s an amusing take on the rivalry between the two companies that has had a more sour taste in recent months following a prolonged court battle between the two.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by na2day(m): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2012
The best part about these ads is they're accurate. Everyone is getting excited for features that have been on the market for a year

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2012
na2day!:
The best part about these ads is they're accurate. Everyone is getting excited for features that have been on the market for a year

You mean like Samsung showing off S-Voice that's a clone of Siri....that had been available for half a year on iOS? Or Every Android fan going crazy for Jellybean's 60fps smoothness that iOS has had for years?
Or Samsung showing off the Galaxy Note and SGS III's 'retina' pixel density that had been available on the iPhone 4 since 2010?

Everyone is still playing catch up with everyone else grin

4 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2012
i had to smile!!!

hmmnnn, sammy dey find trouble ooo
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by na2day(m): 8:10am On Sep 20, 2012
texazzpete:

You mean like Samsung showing off S-Voice that's a clone of Siri....that had been available for half a year on iOS? Or Every Android fan going crazy for Jellybean's 60fps smoothness that iOS has had for years?
Or Samsung showing off the Galaxy Note and SGS III's 'retina' pixel density that had been available on the iPhone 4 since 2010?

Everyone is still playing catch up with everyone else grin

Ahahah
Let Apple come out with their own rebuttal video naa grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2012
Actually it's 120fps
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2012
SimonAndal: Actually it's 120fps

And my point still stands.

The ad is hilarious in some spots though.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by samir101ng(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2012
Samsung Killed that video !!! grin grin grin Lol !!!

Chai !!! Dem lash Apple no be small o !!! Thing is, it was mostly true what they said so its hard to argue over it. Can't wait for Apple's response. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2012
na2day!:

Ahahah

They don't need to. I doubt that ad will sway anyone who's already made up their mind to buy the iPhone 5.

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
I love this advert, saying alot without saying much. Apple freaks, open your eyes.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by akpunku1: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
samsung ko apple ni, battle of the rich.. Me i still they manage my E5. No be say if u give me tablet i no go collect o

4 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Jisunpack: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nna mehn!!! choi!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
Whareva mehn...
Even nigerians wey neva chop dey marvel.
has samsung or apple ever affected my life?
Food never even pass ma adams apple today sef.

2 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mike404(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
APPLE of my eyes all the way sad

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
Apple is too busy to think about this. iMac , iPad ,iPhone .......like or die

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jedisco(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hmmm... It seems any Samsung vs Apple stuff is destined for front page.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by SisiKill1: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
na2day!:

Ahahah
INT.APPLE HEADQUARTERS - DAY
HEAD OF ADVERTISING DEPT - Okay guys we need to come up with a great concept. Have you seen the new Samsung ad? We need to top that, I mean I want something great, something that will blow them out the waters. So any ideas?

CRICKET SOUNDS FILLS ROOMS.

TEN HOURS LATER
INT. APPLE HEADQUARTERS - NIGHT
HEAD OF ADVERTISING - (yawning) Okay guys, we have some of the best minds advertising in this room. Don't tell me we have run out of ideas? Come on people...hit me with your best shot.

CRICKET SOUNDS FILLS ROOM.

4 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
na2day!:

Ahahah
Hehehe... You are very smart, dude! I was thinking the same thing as well.You read my mind!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Kslib(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
akpu nku: samsung ko apple ni, battle of the rich.. Me i still they manage my E5. No be say if u give me tablet i no go collect o
Me sef go like chop capsule oh..
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
double post
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
na2day!:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

The thing that amazes me the most about Samsung's Galaxy S3 ads is that they have somehow managed to come off as more smug than Apple.

[flash=600,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

grin grin grin

i like the "mating" of the phones part 00.41 and voila transfer of info. cool instead of using usb etc like samsung. So is samsung already the "next big thing" grin grin grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by teeluv(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
i can only say ouucccchhh.. looks like i might have to go for the S3 after all..
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
Seriously, my friends forget this Samsung people
They are fighting a lost cause,Iphone5 has already broken sales records of both the 4 and 4s, sales top 4 million units on the first 24hours. Sales forecasts have been made that at the rate the I5 is selling come December 31st apple would have sold over 50 million units, equaling to 500,000 units per day.

Now that's. A rebuttal

3 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
lestat: Seriously, my friends forget this Samsung people
They are fighting a lost cause,Iphone5 has already broken sales records of both the 4 and 4s, sales top 4 million units on the first 24hours. Sales forecasts have been made that at the rate the I5 is selling come December 31st apple would have sold over 50 million units, equaling to 500,000 units per day.

Now that's. A rebuttal
Lol... Of what use buying an inferior product at a higher price for the simple reason of sentiment? It is American?! Oh no...!

3 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
teeluv: i can only say ouucccchhh.. looks like i might have to go for the S3 after all..

undecided seriously? That ad swayed your choice of a smart phone? Seriously!?
I doubt even Samsung thought it could seriously do that... Seriously?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
The truth is that iPhone is overrated! The only area I see the iPhone 5 better is nothing more than the weight and thinness. Please, free me of this closed-minded iPhones all rather Apple products. I like FREEDOM more than any thing. I can't trade my freedom for anything else like the iPhone 5 supporters!

2 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by lafile(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
So you can talk to your new GS3? I did that with my old i4S last time round.

2 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by na2day(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2012

This is my best part, just love the way the dude demonstrated the awesomeness of the new earbud grin grin grin
Like an A-bomb exploding in your head grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by emsquare(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nice ad!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
What you people dont understand is that when you are good you dont compete with people, they compete with you and while they do that you sit wherever you are laughing at them and doing what you know how to do best and the good thing is that you do those things with ease and you still beat those competing with you hands-down.

I trust Apple not to do an advert back because of Samsung, you know why? Apple is not threathened with the plastic you people call phone. Given an iPhone 4 and your new Galaxy SIII any time any day I'd choose my iPhone, you know why ? Because when you have an iPhone you dont ever need any thing to worry about cos the phone would keep your company; depending on how you can manipulate the phone to do what you want though, now thats what I call a personal assistant
lol

3 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by na2day(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
INT.APPLE HEADQUARTERS - DAY
HEAD OF ADVERTISING DEPT - Okay guys we need to come up with a great concept. Have you seen the new Samsung ad? We need to top that, I mean I want something great, something that will blow them out the waters. So any ideas?

CRICKET SOUNDS FILLS ROOMS.

TEN HOURS LATER
INT. APPLE HEADQUARTERS - NIGHT
HEAD OF ADVERTISING - (yawning) Okay guys, we have some of the best minds advertising in this room. Don't tell me we have run out of ideas? Come on people...hit me with your best shot.

CRICKET SOUNDS FILLS ROOM.

Ahahah grin
You will be very much surprised! grin
Apple has a way of making mundane things, awesome for their human drones grin grin grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by slimming: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
Oh lord, i need iphone before the year end o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Phone You Have Used So Far? / Gionee A1 Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (Jumia & Slot) 2018 / “it Is Illegal To Make Public A Screenshot Of A Private Chats”- Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.