Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Conduct Your Triumph As A Funeral - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Conduct Your Triumph As A Funeral (671 Views)

The Funeral Of Justice / Muder At A Funeral / I NEED YOU TO READ THIS (Festival In A Funeral) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conduct Your Triumph As A Funeral by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
31.1 Even the finest arms are an instrument of evil, A spread of plague, And the way for a vital man to go is not the way of a soldier.

31.2 But in time of war men civilized in peace
Turn from their higher to their lower nature.

31.3 Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men Until there fail all other choice But sad acceptance of it.

31.4 Triumph is not beautiful. He who thinks
triumph beautiful Is one with a will to kill, And one with a will to kill Shall never prevail upon the world.

31.5 It is a good sign when man’s higher nature comes forward, When retainers take charge And the master stays back As in the conduct of a funeral.

31.6 The death of a multitude is a cause for
mourning: Conduct your triumph as a
funeral .

32.4 But men of culture came, with their grades and their distinctions; And as soon as such differences had been devised No one knew where to end them, Though the one who does know the end of all such differences Is the sound man.

-Tao Te Ching

www.davemckay.co.uk/philosophy/taoism/taoism.php?name=taoteching.bynner

(1) (Reply)

Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. / Help Save Her With What She Has / My Birthday Blog - Toast to Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.