Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (10445 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
The National Good Governance Tour of Projects started with the FCT today. The team visited various projects executed by President Jonathan under the Ministry of Federal capital Territory so far. Projects visited include the ongoing construction of Abuja Mass Transit Railway project, Abuja Airport Road 10 lane project, the National Space Research and Development Centre, New passport office, a rolling stock depot and maintenance base for the Abuja Metropolitan Railway project at Idu Abuja.

The pictures below show the on going Abuja mass transit rail project which will serve as a big accelerating engine that will effectively promote the development of the national economy. The organization and management of the metro operation is systematically planned from Abuja Station to Kubwa Station. A rolling stock depot and maintenance base is designed to Idu Site, providing comprehensive maintenance services to all railway lines within Abuja area. It covers 30.6hectare floor space and 77,297msqr. building area including an operation control centre

FOR MORE INFORMATION :www.fmi.gov.ng

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
Here are more picture for you.

stay tuned for pictures of more inspections.

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Roads and new passport office

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
more pics

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Louis88: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wow! Nice projects. If only they can successfully complete it in record time, it will ease the transportation problems of Abuja residents.
Countries all over the world have efficient railway system. The military just came in and ravaged whatever was left of the railways bequeathed to us by our colonial masters. I commend Jonathan for paying serious attention to this all important mode of transport

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by ubandire(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
I heard the Abuja Mass Transit rail stuff is being financed through a loan. How true is it?
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by dedeike: 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
ubandire: I heard the Abuja Mass Transit rail stuff is being financed through a loan. How true is it?

OGA, the railway was awarded before GEJ came in to office and was abandoned. However, GEJ came in and decided to revive all railway tracks which were abandoned due to paucity of funds.
This was pursuant to the realization of his transformation agenda and campaign promises.
He started by awarding phase 11 of Lagos-Kano railway to Chinese construction giants CCCEC. He also started refurbiishing the Minna-Kaduna line which was successfully test runned last month and aired live on AIT. There is one that runs through Itakpe-Kogi. I have forgotten the exact route.

The Abuja metropolitan railway is one of those undergoing serious refurbishment by this government. It has reached 35% completion stage. FG has paid about 22m dollars to the contractors handling the project. The project is expected to cost 800 million dollars.
Recently, the FG secured a NEXIM bank loan of 500m to finance the project. The facility will go a long way in completing the railway.

2 Likes

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
govt is also working on a rolling stock and maintenance depot located at Idu,Abuja.the depot is for organization and management of the metro station.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nice projects. Can't wait for them to get to the south east....let me see what they showcase and hope it's of the same quality as the projects i'm seeing in these pics.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by SkyBlue1: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
There had better be more info than this. I am actually pro using the ministry of information as a sort of propaganda tool for informing citizens of what the government has achieved or is doing, if not I really don't get the point of that ministry. What is the point in keeping people in the dark? Let us know what is being done on all levels and blow the government's trumpet based on achievements so we can judge for ourselves if it is worthwhile and if the government is working or not, and give informed feedback as citizens.

The ministry should have a better organised and continuously updated website of what other ministries and itself as well as federal government are achieving backed with data, images, project information, progress updates, etc. If not, again, what is the point of having a ministry of information?

What I don't like though, is the idea of Jonathan doing this himself or getting involved - if he is. He is not campaigning for presidency, he won already, now we want to be hearing about results.

Site needs improvement and more publicity - http://fmi.gov.ng/
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Nice projects. Can't wait for them to get to the south east....let me see what they showcase and hope it's of the same quality as the projects i'm seeing in these pics.
they will surely be there.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Bukkyade: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
Baba JONA Eshe oooo! We dey see your hand work andit marvelous in our sight.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Vogue50: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2012
dedeike:

OGA, the railway was awarded before GEJ came in to office and was abandoned. However, GEJ came in and decided to revive all railway tracks which were abandoned due to paucity of funds.
This was pursuant to the realization of his transformation agenda and campaign promises.
He started by awarding phase 11 of Lagos-Kano railway to Chinese construction giants CCCEC. He also started refurbiishing the Minna-Kaduna line which was successfully test runned last month and aired live on AIT. There is one that runs through Itakpe-Kogi. I have forgotten the exact route.

The Abuja metropolitan railway is one of those undergoing serious refurbishment by this government. It has reached 35% completion stage. FG has paid about 22m dollars to the contractors handling the project. The project is expected to cost 800 million dollars.
Recently, the FG secured a NEXIM bank loan of 500m to finance the project. The facility will go a long way in completing the railway.
This is great! The FG is really doing their best to ameliorate the transport sector. Those pics are quite convincing that work is in progress.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by uzomagic(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2012
Splendid and I must confess I am genuinely impressed by the steps of transformation taken by the GEJ Administration. However, more needs to be done to win the support of and affection of Nigerians if he is to win a 2nd term in office.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Naijagunner83: 12:18am On Sep 21, 2012
uzomagic: Splendid and I must confess I am genuinely impressed by the steps of transformation taken by the GEJ Administration. However, more needs to be done to win the support of and affection of Nigerians if he is to win a 2nd term in office.
The railways no be small ooo. I pass there regularly and those Chinese are doing a nice work. I hope they finish soon
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Zutchy: 1:22am On Sep 21, 2012
Nice one,I sincerely believe that this media tour could be an eye opener,at least now we can get to see the projects for real and not just talk talk talk.by the way the railway tracks really look sturdy and standard,am looking forward to the completion,in a populated metropolis like Abuja,rail transport will be far much faster and favourable for people to get to work,i hope the route it covers will pass through town.But the question I keep on asking myself is,the Military and their engineers that designed and built Abuja,were they so dumb as to forget to include rail transport in their modern city plans,up GEJ joor.At least with this loan secured from the Chinese I really believe they Intend to see this project completed.

4 Likes

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by johnlittle: 1:55am On Sep 21, 2012
Countryman93: The National Good Governance Tour of Projects started with the FCT today. The team visited various projects executed by President Jonathan under the Ministry of Federal capital Territory so far. Projects visited include the ongoing construction of Abuja Mass Transit Railway project, Abuja Airport Road 10 lane project, the National Space Research and Development Centre, New passport office, a rolling stock depot and maintenance base for the Abuja Metropolitan Railway project at Idu Abuja.

The pictures below show the on going Abuja mass transit rail project which will serve as a big accelerating engine that will effectively promote the development of the national economy. The organization and management of the metro operation is systematically planned from Abuja Station to Kubwa Station. A rolling stock depot and maintenance base is designed to Idu Site, providing comprehensive maintenance services to all railway lines within Abuja area. It covers 30.6hectare floor space and 77,297msqr. building area including an operation control centre

FOR MORE INFORMATION :www.fmi.gov.ng

It is one thing to start a project, it's another to complete. I will not be in a haste to celebrate this until it is completed.
Congrats to Maku though for drawing our attention to projects in progress.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Dpeacemaker101: 1:59am On Sep 21, 2012
See dividends of democracy at work, how come am jus seeing ths post. Where is Gbawe and company? How come your dudes are not commenting on this, or is it too true to behold? I believe you die GEJ, pls more picture updates of this our needed...... God bless you countryman93.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Mekusnwa: 2:03am On Sep 21, 2012
@OP, when are they coming to South East?
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by johnlittle: 2:14am On Sep 21, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin I'm more interested in Maidugri and Yobe. Don't ask me why?
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by johnlittle: 2:28am On Sep 21, 2012
Zutchy: Nice one,I sincerely believe that this media tour could be an eye opener,at least now we can get to see the projects for real and not just talk talk talk.by the way the railway tracks really look sturdy and standard,am looking forward to the completion,in a populated metropolis like Abuja,rail transport will be far much faster and favourable for people to get to work,i hope the route it covers will pass through town.[b]But the question I keep on asking myself is,the Military and their engineers that designed and built Abuja,were they so dumb as to forget to include rail transport in their modern city plans,up GEJ joor.[/b]At least with this loan secured from the Chinese I really believe they Intend to see this project completed.
Abuja railway system has been in Abuja Masterplan ever since. It has it's tracks well cut out. It was not Jonathan that designed Abuja Masterplan neither the railways. What this regime has succeeded in doing is the restoration of abandoned jobs. Anyway, they deserve commendation too. It is not easy to continue with some big projects started by previous governments.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by johnlittle: 2:40am On Sep 21, 2012
I wonder what will be on display in Maidugri........bombs, grenades, AK47, bomb factories grin

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Mekusnwa: 2:54am On Sep 21, 2012
johnlittle: I wonder what will be on display in Maidugri........bombs, grenades, AK47, bomb factories grin
Plus that white grain like substance made from Manihot esculenta which is banned on Nairaland but smuggled in by the G4 Cabal grin grin

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Louis88: 3:33am On Sep 21, 2012
But seriously this govt is working. Let's shun sentiments. In every area of governance they hve something going on. I feel the subsidy withdrawal thing gave them a bad name. The policy was just ill timed. Aside the subsidy thing, they look impressive. Railways that have been forgotten for ages are being revived. See new metro line tracks under construction. Power is a bit stable more than before. GEJ might just be it finally

3 Likes

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Mallamabdul: 4:09am On Sep 21, 2012
Mekusnwa:
Plus that white grain like substance made from Manihot esculenta which is banned on Nairaland but smuggled in by the G4 Cabal grin grin
you will still feel the impact of th FG in the north, notwithstanding the insecured state of the northern states, I must commend the take off of the tour. We need to see more places here on NL, the pics are really encouraging.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by justokey(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2012
It will be interesting to see which projeccts they will visit in the East and Lagos.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Countryman93: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2012
It is not only the ongoing construction of Abuja metropolitan railway. But there is the Rolling stock depot and maintenance base for the railway lines at Idu, Rehabilitation and Expansion of Airport Expressway Lots I & II, Abuja, VON Digital Transmission, Passport Office Annex, 15
Extension of Inner Southern Expressway (ISEX) from Outer Southern Expressway to Inner Southern Expressway to Southern Parkway (S8/S9 .
Abuja Airport Rehabilitation, Control Tower

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by idlaw2k3(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2012
A city that cant keep ordinary street lights on at night,
That cannot enforce traffic rules(just vist wuse and see the madness going on there everyday. Commercial bus drivers park in the middle of the road right before policemen who watch helplessly as these rascals block other road users as they call passengers)
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2012
Another propaganda by the propagandists cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I reserve my full comment till 2014 undecided
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by banki(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2012
someone called me a pessimist.......but i dare ask why would you take credit for work you did not start or initiate orevn finance, someone here just said the railway project by CCECC was abandonded...and revieved by this admistration thats a BIG LIE

Let the admistration continue to monitor and ensure that this projects are completed but let no one come here and lie about what did not happen.

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Wadasco(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2012
So great bt if u see project going without problem na project wey consern fct.... Bullsheeeeet....

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by emsquare(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Nice!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Successful Igbo Made Products And Brands Inc.and Emerging And Growing In Africa / Obaseki Visits Idris Ibrahim, The Police IG / International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.