Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' (3370 Views)

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by dotcomnamename: 12:44am On Sep 21, 2012
Unbelievable... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Obama don do Juju shocked

President Barack Obama holds clear leads over Republican challenger Mitt Romney in three other swing states—Wisconsin, Colorado and Iowa—according to new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College polls. .
http://soc.li/cUrv3SI

Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by manny4life(m): 2:26am On Sep 21, 2012
There's no juju here, Obama has ALWAYS led ahead of Romney with a lil margin ONLY that now, the margin is a bit wider. Like I said before, people are gradually seeing the truth behind Romney, his careless comments, his nonchalant attitude WILL DEFINITELY cost him this race.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 2:58am On Sep 21, 2012
Another take here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444165804578008662614263532.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I actually like Mitt Romney, for the most part. His views align pretty closely to mine. But alas, against Obama...I have no choice but to root against him.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by whitecat007: 3:01am On Sep 21, 2012
Hate to rain on your parade ooo, but every poll is still within the margin of error. Btw all the news outlets you listed up there are left wing and when 99% of media are in the tank for obama, the odd will be in his favor. The jury is still very much in delibration over this.
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Unbelievable... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Obama don do Juju shocked

President Barack Obama holds clear leads over Republican challenger Mitt Romney in three other swing states—Wisconsin, Colorado and Iowa—according to new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College polls. .
http://soc.li/cUrv3SI

Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 3:03am On Sep 21, 2012
WSJ, left wing? lol
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 3:27am On Sep 21, 2012
Left of extreme right wing.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 3:42am On Sep 21, 2012
That is a useless observation. Everything is left of the extreme right wing.

Left and right are determined with respect to the hypothetical center.

And certainly the pro-business, pro-capitalism, anti-welfarist/big gov't idealogy of the WSJ puts them to the right politically of the American mainstream
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 21, 2012
You like Mitt Romney? I don't know you again.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by OAM4J: 5:20am On Sep 21, 2012
He likes Obama more. So he is still your friend and brother. smiley
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 21, 2012
Romney is a good candidate contesting at the wrong time. I like his views but still prefer Obama at this point.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 21, 2012
bayooooooo: Romney is a good candidate contesting at the wrong time. I like his views but still prefer Obama at this point.

He's a good what? Please, which of his views? I don't know his views. He doesn't know his views. Mr. "I stand by what I said, whatever it was". He is not a serious presidential candidate. I never understood why McCain chose Palin over him until these last few months that Romney's been politically gbagauning like tomorrow no dey. I respected him in 2007, but, like McCain did in 2008, he has lost himself. President Obama will chew him alive at the debates.

OAM4J: He likes Obama more. So he is still your friend and brother. smiley

I pray o lol.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 7:51am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: You like Mitt Romney? I don't know you again.

Lol. I like him a lot. I think he is really a libertarian like me in terms of views...his pretending to be religious fundamentalist is probably just political posturing.

I also like his track record of success in the business and political world.

Finally, I took this quiz and it turns out I agree with 70% of what his views:
http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/75197770.jpg

If it were Romney versus Hillary, I'd probably lean Romney. I don't really like Hil.

You should take this quiz too, if you have not: http://www.isidewith.com/
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2012
95% Jill Stein of the Green Party.

92% President Obama kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

5% for that clueless one percenter who sent a horse to the Olympics and went grocery shopping for a bucket to prove he's normal.

Romney WAS a moderate. Now he's crazy. He's a puppet and the Tea Party and Rush Limbaugh are holding the strings. For over a year, he was chanting "the first thing I'll do when elected president is repeal Obamacare". Was it not just the other day that he said he would keep parts of Obama's health policies?

I don't see what there is to like in his success in the business world. He "succeeded" at the expense of Americans. Outsourcing American jobs, in my opinion, isn't success. As for success in the political world? Massachusetts was 47th in job creation when he was governor. One of the things he did succeed at, healthcare, he has been distancing himself from. He's confuddled (befuddled + confused).
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2012
I was surprised to find myself aligning so closely with the green party :x

I guess I'm caring more about the environment these days than I did in the past.

Anyway, i like Romney...I don't think he is as bad as some make out. It is a moot point anyways...Obama looks like he will wax him handily.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 9:14am On Sep 21, 2012
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: 95% Jill Stein of the Green Party.

92% President Obama kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

5% for that clueless one percenter who sent a horse to the Olympics and went grocery shopping for a bucket to prove he's normal.

Romney WAS a moderate. Now he's crazy. He's a puppet and the Tea Party and Rush Limbaugh are holding the strings. For over a year, he was chanting "the first thing I'll do when elected president is repeal Obamacare". Was it not just the other day that he said he would keep parts of Obama's health policies?

I don't see what there is to like in his success in the business world. He "succeeded" at the expense of Americans. Outsourcing American jobs, in my opinion, isn't success. As for success in the political world? Massachusetts was 47th in job creation when he was governor. One of the things he did succeed at, healthcare, he has been distancing himself from. He's confuddled (befuddled + confused).

What do you mean by that?
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2012
Fagamite, our numbers are quite similar.

ekt_bear: I was surprised to find myself aligning so closely with the green party :x

I guess I'm caring more about the environment these days than I did in the past.

Anyway, i like Romney...I don't think he is as bad as some make out. It is a moot point anyways...Obama looks like he will wax him handily.

No one's making him look bad. The guy di kwa talented. He's doing it on his own lol.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2012
Interesting. You guys are both far to the left of me.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite: What do you mean by that?

He was a moderate republican as governor, meaning he wasn't only for republican ideas. Some of what he did was more in the center or center left. He made health care statewide in Massachusetts. That's why other candidates like Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were calling him a liberal and saying that he was no different than President Obama, especially since President Obama got quite a few of his health care ideas from Romney. Romney's been running away from his own moderate record so that more republicans would like him. It's not working as well as he planned.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Interesting. You guys are both far to the left of me.

Surprising lol
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by ektbear: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2012
shhhhh lol
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2012
Lol tongue
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: Fagamite, our numbers are quite similar.

No one's making him look bad. The guy di kwa talented. He's doing it on his own lol.

I think the reason I didnt have higher numbers WRT Obama is the death penalty issue. Obama as a christian is probably against it and I am for it.

That said, I dont think Romney is that far to the right. I dont think he is that much different from Obama, ideologically. He supported Roe V. Wade. He was pro-choice before he became pro-life. Supported individual mandate for the people of MA. He is for family leave. He was for big government in MA. And in his early days, he used to vote democratic. His problem started with how he got into politics. He wanted to be a Senator and there was no way he was gonna beat Ted Kennedy for the ticket in the MA democratic party so he did what was sensible, change party affiliation so he could contest against Ted, as no one in the MA republican party was stepping up to the plate, for obvious reasons. I am sure that is how his problems started and once he got himself cornered there was no going back, that is why real conservatives do not trust him. And the reason he is most likely to lose in November. I am voting just to make sure he loses grin.

1 Like

Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite: I think the reason I didnt have higher numbers WRT Obama is the death penalty issue. Obama as a christian is probably against it and I am for it.

That said, I dont think Romney is that far to the right. I dont think he is that much different from Obama, ideologically. He supported Roe V. Wade. He was pro-choice before he became pro-life. Supported individual mandate for the people of MA. He is for family leave. He was for big government in MA. And in his early days, he used to vote democratic. His problem started with how he got into politics. He wanted to be a Senator and there was no way he was gonna beat Ted Kennedy for the ticket in the MA democratic party so he did what was sensible, change party affiliation so he could contest against Ted, as no one in the MA republican party was stepping up to the plate, for obvious reasons. I am sure that is how his problems started and once he got himself cornered there was no going back, that is why real conservatives do not trust him. And the reason he is most likely to lose in November. I am voting just to make sure he loses grin.

Your head dey correct. He's a flip flop. The debates will be interesting. He goes wherever the wind blows him, so we'll have to wait and see what his plans are that day lol. He isn't that different from Obama at all. I'm sure most informed voters know that by now. The only people keeping Romney relevant are the illiterates and racists in the south and northwest.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88:

He was a moderate republican as governor, meaning he wasn't only for republican ideas. Some of what he did was more in the center or center left. He made health care statewide in Massachusetts. That's why other candidates like Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were calling him a liberal and saying that he was no different than President Obama, especially since President Obama got quite a few of his health care ideas from Romney. Romney's been running away from his own moderate record so that more republicans would like him. It's not working as well as he planned.

That is not quite accurate. Universal Health care has been in existence in Europe for quite a while. Ted Kennedy has always championed universal coverage in the US, since the 1970s. The problem for the democrats was always how to cut cost and make it affordable, and obviously selling it to the cost conscious republican was a problem as well. The first comprehensive policy was written by Ted Kennedy I think, and maybe modified a little by Hillary. Of course it never passed in the congress. It was however easier for Romney to pass it in liberal MA ( 90% liberal, 10% conservative). SO to correct your erroneous notion, UHC has always been a liberal idea. Obama did not get his ideas from Romney. Romney just happened to have passed what most liberals thought was good policy.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2012
I'm pretty sure I remember President Obama saying so himself that he got some ideas from Romneycare lol. That's why he and his campaign released that video some months ago, celebrating the anniversary of Romneycare.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: I'm pretty sure I remember President Obama saying so himself that he got some ideas from Romneycare lol. That's why he and his campaign released that video some months ago, celebrating the anniversary of Romneycare.

Can you provide a link?
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2012
Obama health-care law modeled on Romney plan

Romney advisers helped craft the federal law.

Lemme keep looking for a link of Obama saying it.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2012
Here's that anniversary video by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZK0spa1yI
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by fagamite: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: Obama health-care law modeled on Romney plan

Romney advisers helped craft the federal law.

Lemme keep looking for a link of Obama saying it.

Yeah, thats because they had to get the republicans involved to give it a bipartisan look. The crux of my argument is that UHC is a liberal idea, has always been.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by PhysicsQED(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2012
I certainly know who I'm voting for. cool

http://www.rentistoodamnhigh.org/

This guy is a visionary. The rent is too damn high.
Re: President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2012
Lmao.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black African Slaves Castrated By Muslims - Islam and Slavery / US Citizens Now Selling Okrika As Russian Sanctions Bite, Gas Skyrockets / Warning(Graphic Video) Hamas Brutalise African Migrant Before Shooting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.