Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

iPhone 5 Queues Around The World - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (17011 Views)

iPhone 5 Glued To Ground Prank In Amsterdam / Long Queues For Iphone 5 / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
lordZOUGA:
imagine being one of the first 2000 people in the world to write a full hands-on review of iPhone5 on your blog. Thats alot of internet traffic man

How does that impact positively on your pocket
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: I do have a job and make money. That doesn't mean I should be a slave to it. $1000 can come and go in anyone's life.

most of them are youngsters anyways so no biggie to them! this is like camping in the woods. they took their whole camp tents, inflatables, etc! i hope you are aware nigerians sleep @ gas stations too for nights for something even less meaningful(50kg of petrol). these apple touts are making cool £700(tax free)! it's far easier than going to work monday-friday!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
icon8: Really? what exactly do you do, if I may ask?

Lol it doesn't matter what I do. This is how people start losing the meaning of life. The same way people line up for iPhones and other phones is how they do so on Black Friday and during holidays. People die in the process at times, for what? Lol leave me jari. As they're making $1000 for selling a phone, Apple is making at least a $400 profit for every single iPhone 5 they sell. Let me just get my phone and move on with my life. My goal is to be making at least $100,000/yr for the rest of my life, rather than $1000 for one phone.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by icon8: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88:

Lol it doesn't matter what I do. This is how people start losing the meaning of life. The same way people line up for iPhones and other phones is how they do so on Black Friday and during holidays. People die in the process at times, for what? Lol leave me jari. As they're making $1000 for selling a phone, Apple is making at least a $400 profit for every single iPhone 5 they sell. Let me just get my phone and move on with my life. My goal is to be making at least $100,000/yr for the rest of my life, rather than $1000 for one phone.

Hmm...I don leave you oooh!!!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is the same global hubaloo that took place at d launch of ipad 1. It was crazy. Saw pics of long queues of people and campers from Hamburg to Tokyo. Crazy!!! The Tokoyo guys even braved camping under heavy rain becos of ipad. No b the same ipad that every Tom, Dick and Harry is toting ard now??. Madness I tell u!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by icon8: 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
vivacious vivi: This is the same global hubaloo that took place at d launch of ipad 1. It was crazy. Saw pics of long queues of people and campers from Hamburg to Tokyo. Crazy!!! The Tokoyo guys even braved camping under heavy rain becos of ipad. No b the same ipad that every Tom, Dick and Harry is toting ard now??. Madness I tell u!
So, someone's name is now JOYSTICK abi? Tom, JOYSTICK and Harry indeed!!!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
Whoever is queuing out there is doing for money. Someone gives you a few hundreds and say hey, young man, or young lady, I know you are jobless. Why not get a few hundreds and get us 3 iPhones ? We gonna give you money for the iPhones and a couple more hundreds for your jobless ass...lol
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Whoever is queuing out there is doing for money. Someone gives you a few hundreds and say hey, young man, or young lady, I know you are jobless. Why not get a few hundreds and get us 3 iPhones ? We gonna give you money for the iPhones and a couple more hundreds for your jobless ass...lol

grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by alienware(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
it is demonic,if not what on earth can make people queue up for this long. not even pension or mama put
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Can't wait to get mine
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
alienware: it is demonic,if not what on earth can make people queue up for this long. not even pension or mama put

but when nigerian motorists queue without hope @ filling stations, it's holy, isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Gekko(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
Most of the folks commenting on this thread dont really understand the Western way of life or culture. This is a consumer based society, life revolves around consumption of goods. Thats what makes USA tick.
You dont understand why they queue online for a silly phone just as they don't understand why you spend 5 days out the week going to church. Its also worth mentioning that apple has a cult like following going back to the inception of the company.
People celebrate apple products releases with as much fervor as a chelsea or man u fan. Stop worrying yourself and move on with your daily.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Remmyode(m): 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
We have our ways in nigeria of condemning something that is good. I've followed all bashing of iPhone in Nairaland and I'm happy I witness the launch and how it has shut up all this argument on it's comparism with SG3. At least it sold over 2 million in less than 24hrs. I agree with the fact that iPhone is too expensive but comparing with samsung, htc and co is what I will never agree. Anybody that have the opportunity to use an iPhone, not a jailbreaked iPhone, will not want to go back to any other product and if he does, he will always run back at iPhone. Even Kwon Oh-hyun knows this. Apple product has distinguished itself in innovation, quality and design. I remember an article I read when iphone 1 was about to be released, it became a laughing stock among the RIM's director that apple want to launch a keypad-less phone. Now blackberry has a touchscreen on its range not to talk of copy copy samsung. Now instead of people appreciating their work on this site people are framing all sorts of argument to condemn it. Some even says ILUMINATI at work! God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by lekside44(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
this is something else
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by ziccoit: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
The whole world has left Blackberry behind. I don't know why Nigerians are satisfied with carcass.

I use that "carcass" to reduce my spending on data monthly. 1.5k eti bb subscription sometimes save me 15k.

That is economy "carcass" cool

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
Gekko: Most of the folks commenting on this thread dont really understand the Western way of life or culture. This is a consumer based society, life revolves around consumption of goods. Thats what makes USA tick.
You dont understand why they queue online for a silly phone just as they don't understand why you spend 5 days out the week going to church. Its also worth mentioning that apple has a cult like following going back to the inception of the company.
People celebrate apple products releases with as much fervor as a chelsea or man u fan. Stop worrying yourself and move on with your daily.

I went for a job interview with Apple once. It was the creepiest thing ever. Cult is an understatement, truly. Some people live, eat, and breathe Apple.

I've been running away from Apple for years, but it's undeniable that their phones are some of the best. No way my Blackberry could keep up lol.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by nich(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
shocked something's definitely wrong!

smh. even elections dont get this kind of support or buzz! shiiish!

singing: ". . . somebody lied . . . "
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Gekko: Most of the folks commenting on this thread dont really understand the Western way of life or culture. This is a consumer based society, life revolves around consumption of goods. Thats what makes USA tick.

i can stand the ignorance, it's the hypocrisy that peeves me to the marrow! nigerians are the last people on the planet to say something is demonic!

ogugua88:
I went for a job interview with Apple once. It was the creepiest thing ever. Cult is an understatement, truly. Some people live, eat, and breathe Apple.

I've been running away from Apple for years, but it's undeniable that their phones are some of the best. No way my Blackberry could keep up lol.

bb-10 is coming out with a bang! don't knock it till you try it grin
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by msb247(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
OMG!!! Apple should be sued to court for aiding and causing distractions and absence from office, classes and matrimonial duties at home. They should also be charged for negatively impacting the mental state of people angry
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
Erm...this iPhone 5 sef, isn't it the one with maps that lead you astray and a screen too big for your apps? Lol. Apple wanted to compete with Android in terms of screen size but they forgot that android is "scalable"! iOS is not!
Now you have to re-download ALL your apps in order to get them to fit the screen. Or if you're unlucky, the apps haven't been updated and you're stuck with a game that plays on half the screen.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
SimonAndal: Erm...this iPhone 5 sef, isn't it the one with maps that lead you astray and a screen too big for your apps? Lol. Apple wanted to compete with Android in terms of screen size but they forgot that android is "scalable"! iOS is not!

such ignorance!
their maps are powered by tomtom! tomtom have sold millions of navigation system for years - so when did apple map lead you astray?

SimonAndal:
Now you have to re-download ALL your apps in order to get them to fit the screen. Or if you're unlucky, the apps haven't been updated and you're stuck with a game that plays on half the screen.

it's so easy to tell you have never used an apple device before thus this nonsense you are spewing! why misinform the public to score cheap brownie points? redownload apps to fit into a screen? only nigerians can come up with this hokum - only a nigerian!

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Gekko(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88:

Yep, i agree its definitely creepy, i should know. The joke then was that its easier to get into stanford than getting a job at apple.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

such ignorance!
their maps are powered by tomtom! tomtom have sold millions of navigation system for years - so when did apple map lead you astray?
_
I'm sure you haven't been reading the reviews on the internet. Even Gizmodo, Apple's personal ärsë-licker condemned the maps.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:
it's so easy to tell you have never used an apple device before thus this nonsense you are spewing! why misinform the public to score cheap brownie points? redownload apps to fit into a screen? only nigerians can come up with this hokum - only a nigerian!
_
Again I'm going to reference Gizmodo.com. Apple developers have to re-write their apps to fit the 4" screen. So sucks for you if your app's stopped recieving updates.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
I'm sure you haven't been reading the reviews on the internet. Even Gizmodo, Apple's personal ärsë-licker condemned the maps.

i don't do reviews - majority of them are made by samsung fans to deride apple! apple stopped using google maps and went for it on their own using tomtom's datapack to power it. i don't expect it to be peach-perfect but the claims it's leading people astray is a bogus claim!

SimonAndal: _
Again I'm going to reference Gizmodo.com. Apple developers have to re-write their apps to fit the 4" screen. So sucks for you if your app's stopped recieving updates.

white elephant lies!
i have been running the new iOS 6 since wednesday and I have been able to update all my apps without glitches. i-phone 5 owners wouldn't experience this problem too cos most of the developers have recoded their apps long before the launch of iPhone 5. the increase in screen size has been on the news more than 5 months ago!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
On Apple Maps:
Apple's maps are not off to a good start. They're getting killed by critics and users alike. And rightly so! They don't hold their own against last generation's Google Maps on iOS 5. And what's worse for Apple and its fans? Things probably won't be getting better any time soon.
_
http://gizmodo.com/5945014/why-apple-maps-wont-get-better-anytime-soon?tag=ios-6-maps
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
17 People Apple Maps Have Misled
Like so many things in life, Apple'shorrific new Maps app would be funny if it weren't so sad. But after Apple decided to ditch Google Maps for its own troubled offering in iOS 6, users have been left with bad directions, incorrect business listings, and a missing Statue of Liberty .
How bad is it? We're not even 24 hours in yet, and the iOS6pocalypse is already making ahash of getting from A to B for countless iPhone devotees. Here are just a handful of first-wave victims:
Will Apple Maps get better? Sure, eventually, in the long run, after Apple collects enough user data tomake a viable product. But for now, get ready for a future filled with mosque hotels and taxidermy drivers. Or just wait it out until Google Maps gets an appof its own
_
http://gizmodo.com/5944897/17-people-apple-maps-has-already-horribly-misled?tag=ios-6-maps
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
There are different apps for iPhone 5:
...Apps that aren't updated for the iPhone 5 will appear letterboxed—meaning it won't take up the full 4-inch screen—and probably scorch your eyeballs. You don't want crappy apps ruining your brand new iPhone 5 and burning your eyeballs, do you? So download these iPhone 5 ready apps:
_
http://gizmodo.com/5944818/here-are-the-ios-apps-updated-for-the-iphone-5?tag=iphone-5-apps
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
SimonAndal: On Apple Maps:_
http://gizmodo.com/5945014/why-apple-maps-wont-get-better-anytime-soon?tag=ios-6-maps

so this link told you the apple maps have led people astray? lolololol. your ignorance should land you a guinness world record! this blogger is only saying the data apple got to power their map from tomtom is not as updated as the google map apple had on iphone 4s. apple know this already, they would need time to compete with google on maps but samsung does not own google too so what's the comparison here?

SimonAndal: There are different apps for iPhone 5:_
http://gizmodo.com/5944818/here-are-the-ios-apps-updated-for-the-iphone-5?tag=iphone-5-apps

i like this dude! letterboxed apps scorching the eyeballs - that's a laugh!!!
nonsense waste of bandwidth! are we talking about apps bought directly from itunes' appstore or the ones pirated? lololol!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Pimples(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
mind u the queue just started 2 day.before u say the maps lead u astray that will be tomorrow when u'll have actually made use of the phone. And not some website claiming whatever. From 2morrow end users will have a say from their personal usage and not websites speculations.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
@coogar, I'm not even gonna pay you mind until you read all my posts and quotes and tender an apology to Nairaland for being such a dumbfuck dunce!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Pimples: mind u the queue just started 2 day.before u say the maps lead u astray that will be tomorrow when u'll have actually made use of the phone. And not some website claiming whatever. From 2morrow end users will have a say from their personal usage and not websites speculations.
_
The maps come with iOS 6, not iPhone 5. iOS 6 has been released so the maps have been tried out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blackberry Data Plans That Works On PC, Android And Any Other Device. / How To Add Free Premium Channels On Your Startimes / Tecno H5 Full Specifications And Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.