Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394510 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Good one, T Orji is a cancer and deserves to rot in jail, just heard yesterday the he is already having issue with Okezie Ikpeazu
what issues?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 27, 2015
About signing some documents which Okezie rejected
asha80:
what issues?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
About signing some documents which Okezie rejected
and the beat goes on
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:42pm On May 27, 2015
Don't mind that village man.

lygn19:
Ppl re busy talking abt Ideas, innovations, industrialization, etc... u ppl re here arguing over where to locate university....mtcgeeeew
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 5:45pm On May 27, 2015
RareDiamond:
Orlu already have a polytechnic, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, Imo State University Teaching Hospital and a New Private University while Okigwe zone does not have these. Gov Rochas should move Imo State University to Okigwe Zone for Justice sake.

Bros, talk is about establishing a full public university in Orlu zone to enable the large population of people in the 12 Lgas here to also benefit from the huge advantages of closeness to a public university.

Imo polytechnic is at the precinct of Owerri which also takes in the financial and other benefits from the location.

If IMSG now relocates or duplicates faculties of IMSU to Ogboko which is also very close to Okigwe, fair play is it; as ABSU in Uturu near Okigwe is also there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:46pm On May 27, 2015
12 farmers get N13m bailout in Imo State from Addax Petroleum

By Charles Ogugbuaja, Owerri on May 25, 2015

AS part of its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the Addax Petroleum Development (Nigeria) Limited has distributed farming implements to 12 farmers in the 21autonomous communities in Izombe, Oguta Local Council of Imo State.

Oguta is the operational base of the company. The farmers were given a tractor, accessories and tools worth N13 million.

Vice President and Managing Director of the multinational company, Cor Zegelaar, represented by the Community Relations Manager, Mr. Emeka Obi, said the farmers had been trained at the National Root Crops Research Institute (NRCRI), Umudike, Abia State under Addax Petroleum’s Agricultural Support Scheme. He said the gesture was part of the company’s contribution to the Nigeria’s quest for improved Agriculture. He disclosed that a total of two million high-yielding and disease resistant cassava stems, 200 bags of fertiliser, among others, would be distributed to regions where Addax is having the pilot scheme.

A total of 720 bundles of high-yielding and disease-resistant cassava stems, 96 bags of NPK fertilisers, herbicides, cassava processing machines, among others were also distributed by the company.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/12-farmers-get-n13m-bailout-in-imo/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:48pm On May 27, 2015
Okigwe zone is made up of 6 local governments which are far from ABSU. You should have wrote that Orlu zone is made up of 10 LGAs instead of 12, since according to your false logic Ohaji / Egbema and Oguta LGAs gives more benefits Owerri.

millionaireman:

Bros, talk is about establishing a full public university in Orlu zone to enable the large population of people in the 12 Lgas here to also benefit from the huge advantages of closeness to a public university.

Imo polytechnic is at the precinct of Owerri which also takes in the financial and other benefits from the location.

If IMSG now relocates or duplicates faculties of IMSU to Ogboko which is also very close to Okigwe, fair play is it; as ABSU in Uturu near Okigwe is also there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:49pm On May 27, 2015
Okigwe zone is made up of 6 local governments which are far from ABSU. Orlu is close to Anambra State University Uli

millionaireman:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 6:08pm On May 27, 2015
RareDiamond:
Okigwe zone is made up of 6 local governments which are far from ABSU. Orlu is close to Anambra State University Uli

With illogical arguments you obfuscate the issue which is:

in a state with three senatorial zones, it is sinful to make people of only one senatorial zone benefit from all the advantages of closeness to all the now three public universities in the state located in one senatorial zone alone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nature129(m): 6:24am On May 28, 2015
Dbboy:

How many indstry does Las Vegas have. Imo is been modeled that way.

Please keep your Las Vegas story. We can have both tourism and industries like Lagos. If you ask me, industries are more important so that our future wives are not suddenly turned into prostitutes whose best talent is to sexually satisfy visiting tourists.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 6:59am On May 28, 2015
Dbboy:

How many indstry does Las Vegas have. Imo is been modeled that way.
Indeed. I can see the Las Vegas in Okigwe, Onuimo, Okpala and all the LGs in the state. Btw, Las Vegas is a CITY in the STATE of NEVADA. So how can a whole state here be modeled like a city?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 10:50am On May 28, 2015
You are the one confusing the issue here. If any university is to be established or moved from Owerri, then the location to site it is in Okigwe zone since Imo Maritime University, Hezekiah University, IMSU Teaching Hospital, Imo Polytechnic and Imo College of Health Sciences are all in Orlu zone. For justice sake, Obowo, Ihitte Uboma, Isiala Mbano, Ehime Mbano, Onuimo and Okigwe deserves to host a government university NOT ORLU ZONE WHICH ALREADY HAS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT ALL THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES SHOULD NOT BE IN OWERRI ZONE ALONE.

millionaireman:

With illogical arguments you obfuscate the issue which is:

in a state with three senatorial zones, it is sinful to make people of only one senatorial zone benefit from all the advantages of closeness to all the now three public universities in the state located in one senatorial zone alone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Drhenrysaint(m): 12:59am On May 29, 2015
Dee sam mbakwe road by second inland road march 28th 2015

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Drhenrysaint(m): 1:08am On May 29, 2015
Boundary between New owerri and Old owerri. From the pic you can sight 3rd inland, 2nd inland road, dee sam mbakwe road and nworie river bordering old owerri and new owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2015
Some pics.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 2:42pm On May 29, 2015
RareDiamond:
Imo Govt. partners chamber of commerce, Poland on industrial development

In its drive towards achieving an industrialized Imo State, Imo State Government, yesterday, indicated interest to partner with Owerri Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other related agencies towards achieving its policy thrust of industrial development and massive job creation for 2015-2019 political dispensation.
Imo Deputy Governor, Prince Eze Madumere made this revelation when the President and members of the Council of Owerri Chamber of Commerce and Industry and their Polish counterpart paid him a courtesy visit in his official residence in Owerri.
Speaking at the meeting, Imo Deputy Governor-Elect charged the umbrella body for Industrialists and those in Commerce to key into the vision of the Rescue Mission by participating actively. He also urged them to mobilize its members and others who have the capacity to utilize the window of opportunity created by Imo State government.
He told his guests led by the President of Owerri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Barr. Kevin Mbawike that Imo Rescue Mission government has made the environment conducive and investment friendly since there is security and other necessary government policies that are on ground to protect investors.
He however revealed that the government has indicated interest to make further concessions with any serious investors in the area of business environment, taxes and other areas in so far there is sustainable motive in its investment.
To further demonstrate the seriousness of the Owelle Rochas Okorocha led Rescue Mission administration, Prince Eze Madumere directed the body to elect one of their members to join an already set up committee on Industrialization and job creation so as to have their representative while making their contributions in related areas of interest.
Speaking earlier on the purpose of their visit, the President of the Owerri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Barr. Kevin Mbawike said they are happy with the policy direction of Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s Rescue Mission for the next political dispensation.
While commending the government for her monumental feat in creating a conducive environment for businesses to thrive, he said the Chamber of Commerce and Industry would want to partner with the government in helping it achieve its set goal.
He however expressed the need to continue the development of Small and Medium Scale Industry in partnership with African Development Bank and other related Agencies.
He also sought governments partnership in the area of promotions by hosting Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) in the nearest future so as to appreciate the creativity of Imo industrialists, which will also boost the morale of others.
In the same vein, the representative of the Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry who is also the Chief Executive Officer of JD International, Ife Obiudo who could not hide his excitement promised to take the good news to Poland.
Amongst some of the members of the Council who were present, were Chief Orikeze Ajumbe, Chief Alan B. Onyemaech, Everest Ezihe, Chief Amadi and many others.

http://nigerianewspoint.com/?p=5025

Poland is the in midst of a deep economic depression. I find this completely strange and unfruitful

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:48pm On May 29, 2015
RareDiamond:
You are the one confusing the issue here. If any university is to be established or moved from Owerri, then the location to site it is in Okigwe zone since Imo Maritime University, Hezekiah University, IMSU Teaching Hospital, Imo Polytechnic and Imo College of Health Sciences are all in Orlu zone. For justice sake, Obowo, Ihitte Uboma, Isiala Mbano, Ehime Mbano, Onuimo and Okigwe deserves to host a government university NOT ORLU ZONE WHICH ALREADY HAS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT ALL THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES SHOULD NOT BE IN OWERRI ZONE ALONE.

bro i totally agree with your reasons above me but imo state polytechnic is not in orlu zone but in owerri zone around poly road,owerri...
i maybe wrong though...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2015
emmysoftyou:
bro i totally agree with your reasons above me but imo state polytechnic is not in orlu zone but in owerri zone around poly road,owerri...
i maybe wrong though...

Imo-polytechnic is in Orlu zone, Ohaji/Egbema lga.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 3:15pm On May 30, 2015
For Owerri to be in the world map,just require only these: construction of ten lane highways as many as possible around new owerri-Avu-Obinze axis with four large modern flyovers, completion of centenary towers project opposite ISOPADEC building, beautification of onitsha road up to ogbaku, and port harcourt road up to obinze barack gulf course with street lights,walkways,grasses,shrubs and trees, marking all the roads in owerri, and transformation of river nwaorie into tourist attraction site,and making the road lanes around ISOPADEC building and All Season's hotel filled with Highrise buildings of not less than seven storey buildings so as to behold a business district.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 30, 2015
Chavens:
For Owerri to be in the world map,just require only these: construction of ten lane highways as many as possible around new owerri-Avu-Obinze axis with four large modern flyovers, completion of centenary towers project opposite ISOPADEC building, beautification of onitsha road up to ogbaku, and port harcourt road up to obinze barack gulf course with street lights,walkways,grasses,shrubs and trees, marking all the roads in owerri, and transformation of river nwaorie into tourist attraction site,and making the road lanes around ISOPADEC building and All Season's hotel filled with Highrise buildings of not less than seven storey buildings so as to behold a business district.
so how are u going to mk this happen.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 3:38pm On May 30, 2015
(1) Government should be sincere to develope and also attract investors. (2) Imo billinonires should also come home and invest.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 30, 2015
Chavens:
(1) Government should be sincere to develope and also attract investors. (2) Imo billinonires should also come home and invest.
which government doesn't want investment in his or her state?...
Imo billionaires should come home and invest?...
How many billionaires does imo state have?...
It takes a lot to make a city dan just an ordinary comment or write up.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 6:21pm On May 30, 2015
B2mario:

Imo-polytechnic is in Orlu zone, Ohaji/Egbema lga.
Noted
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 7:23pm On May 30, 2015
Chavens:
Imo billionaires?bros re you joking or what?grin grin
the only multimillionaires and a business man that i know is from mbaitoli in imo state,his name is stan leo ekeh,
he is the owner of zinox technologies ltd....zinox computer...
Though we have many secret millionaires which i may not know....

lygn19:
which government doesn't want investment in his or her state?...
Imo billionaires should come home and invest?...
How many billionaires does imo state have?...
It takes a lot to make a city dan just an ordinary comment or write up.
this questions is funny and hard...
But we shall look into it cos i believe we have multimillionaire but the only billionaires in nigeria now as businessman is DANgoTE...
I may be wrong though....wink
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:25pm On May 30, 2015
Chavens:

You are right and that is the direction I am seeing. However there is no need for flyover.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 30, 2015
Abagworo:

You are right and that is the direction I am seeing. However there is no need for flyover.
There might be a need, fir instance development and urbanization comes with increased traffic, so in places with such huge traffics, I think fly overs might be useful.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LordNaya: 7:51pm On May 30, 2015
Nice Idea.

Chavens:
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Imo billionaires?bros re you joking or what?grin grin
the only multimillionaires and a business man that i know is from mbaitoli in imo state,his name is stan leo ekeh,
he is the owner of zinox technologies ltd....zinox computer...
Though we have many secret millionaires which i may not know....

this questions is funny and hard...
But we shall look into it cos i believe we have multimillionaire but the only billionaires in nigeria now as businessman is DANgoTE...
I may be wrong though....wink
Are coscharis and ouk not billionaires in dollars?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 11:15am On May 31, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are coscharis and ouk not billionaires in dollars?
these two men,i dont want to recognised them as billionaire if they cant expand their large coast to the east and south like dangote did to the north and west cos they aint doing nothing in the east or south if they re billionaires like dangote who did something like sugar factory in the north and in the west.
So no need to recognised those guys as billionaire esp cosharis who is my maternal brother from nnewi is busy opening companies at vi and ikoyi...

I dont think ouk has a tangible business to behold in aba or onitsha..

forget them bro...
that s why i love innoson and ibeto,the man behind creating jobs in the east is worthy of my honour till date..

Even stan leo ekeh,the man behind the manufacturing of zinox computer,from imo state,when i saw his company at the island in lagos,i marvelled like what tha Bleep is wrong with an igbo man.....?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:18am On May 31, 2015
emmysoftyou:
these two men,i dont want to recognised them as billionaire if they cant expand their coast like dangote cos they aint doing nothing in the east or south if they re billionaires like dangote who did something like sugar factory in the north and in the west.
So no need to recognised those guys as billionaire esp cosharis who is my maternal brother from nnewi is busy opening companies at vi and ikoyi...

forget them bro...
that s why i love innoson and ibeto,the man behind creating jobs in the east is worthy of my honour till date..

Even stan leo ekeh,the man behind the manufacturing of zinox computer,from imo state,when i saw his company at the island in lagos,i marvelled like what tha Bleep is wrong with an igbo man.....?

let them continue...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:23am On May 31, 2015
emmysoftyou:
these two men,i dont want to recognised them as billionaire if they cant expand their large coast to the east and south like dangote did to the north and west cos they aint doing nothing in the east or south if they re billionaires like dangote who did something like sugar factory in the north and in the west.

forget them bro...

coscharis has invested in coched farms in anambra

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2015
emmysoftyou:

forget them bro...

I know all these things, I was only saying they are billionaires too

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.