Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394403 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyegecha(f): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo, you are really working hard for your principal. Unfortunately, the kite will not fly because the insincerity and graft oozing out of the Douglas house is getting unbearable. The Ekiti episode is going to re-occur in Imo state, no matter how much soap you use in image laundering on Nairaland and elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Onyegecha: Abagworo, you are really working hard for your principal. Unfortunately, the kite will not fly because the insincerity and graft oozing out of the Douglas house is getting unbearable. The Ekiti episode is going to re-occur in Imo state, no matter how much soap you use in image laundering on Nairaland and elsewhere.
. Unfortunately I'm not working for anyone but my conscience. All Abagworo wants is the good of Imo State and Nigeria and I am highly satisfied with Okorocha's successes in Imo State amidst obvious attacks from Abuja. The most important thing is to encourage Okorocha to continue with his good works as it is for everyone's gain. I'm also glad that he is not making 2015 a do or die issue like Jonathan is doing at the national level.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:40am On Jun 29, 2014
Some decent and affordable hotels for tourists in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyegecha(f): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2014
Abagworo: . Unfortunately I'm not working for anyone but my conscience. All Abagworo wants is the good of Imo State and Nigeria and I am highly satisfied with Okorocha's successes in Imo State amidst obvious attacks from Abuja. The most important thing is to encourage Okorocha to continue with his good works as it is for everyone's gain. I'm also glad that he is not making 2015 a do or die issue like Jonathan is doing at the national level.

Abagworo, if you are sincere, it means you are working for someone you do not know. The man is bad news for Imo state. Buildings do not mean development. He is very erratic and shows clearly that he has no plans at all. What is the rationale for the utter destruction of the state library when there was nothing on ground as substitute? Why shut down Concord hotel arbitrarily? Why is ITC ailing under him with hundreds sacked at a time? Why is there no single hospital operating well in Imo state? Why is he toying with our educational sector while constantly mouthing free education? Why are the local government areas in coma? My dear, the list is endless and every well meaning Imolite should learn to call a spade a spade.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2014
Onyegecha:

Abagworo, if you are sincere, it means you are working for someone you do not know. The man is bad news for Imo state. Buildings do not mean development. He is very erratic and shows clearly that he has no plans at all. What is the rationale for the utter destruction of the state library when there was nothing on ground as substitute? Why shut down Concord hotel arbitrarily? Why is ITC ailing under him with hundreds sacked at a time? Why is there no single hospital operating well in Imo state? Why is he toying with our educational sector while constantly mouthing free education? Why are the local government areas in coma? My dear, the list is endless and every well meaning Imolite should learn to call a spade a spade.
. Nothing you wrote above is true or peculiar to Imo State. LGA system in Nigeria has been more or less a nominal affair than serving its purpose of 3rd tier. A new State e-library has been constructed and you know it but chose to lie. Nigerian health sector is almost useless but at least Okorocha has decided to do a total overhaul in Imo and the result is gradually coming out. In less than 2 years Imo will have the best health sector in Nigeria. Government should not venture into business and you Onyegecha know that very well as FG has sold Nitel, PHCN and other FG businesses that cause unnecessary leakages from public purse. You may also lie that Ada palm and Avu poultry which Rochas admin has revived is an easy task or it means nothing to you. After completing nearly 300 schools in 3 years, this same man has employed thousands of teachers for the schools. If our President and all the Governors can manage our scarce resources like Okorocha, Nigeria should have developed long ago. Below is Imo diagnostic and renal centre which is 90% completed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2014
27 standard general hospitals in all LGAs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2014
305 new school buildings in all 305 electoral wards of Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2014
Picstory of gradual change of Orlu in 3 years. This is a place that remained comatose for nearly 50 years with nothing appealing but houses built by self-help of indigenes.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
@Abagworo, Beware: the red and destroyed Amaigbo road, Orlu which you show up there. The road was fully asphalted, was black about 8 years ago, but absence of urban drainage system washed it away shortly after.

With Okorocha refusing to complete the urban drainage started in Orlu byex Gov. Amadi Ikwechegh, the new Okorocha roads you show above shall also be washed away and become red any moment from now.

Below: First two pictures: Pit for flood collection Okorocha government dug in the heart of Orlu near st Josephs Catholic Church.

The second two pictures: old Orlu stadium partially destroyed and left in ruins by Okorocha government; and the new stadium Okorocha govt started in Orlu nearly two and half years ago - abandoned

Last is site of Okorocha's proposed Prince Hotel, Orlu, foundation laid about two and half years ago - abandoned.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
Prince Hotel site, Orlu; abandoned since 2012,
Only road leading to IMSUTH, Orlu; remains this since 2012.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyegecha(f): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Abagworo, having read your posts on other subject matters like the history of various Igbo towns, i have no doubt that you are very brilliant and articulate. You are exposed and enlightened enough to understand what governance is all about. That is why i doubt your sincerity in the dogged effort to defend a government that has thrown caution to the wild winds and has taken impunity and lawlessness to a ridiculous height.

Education, healthcare, water supply, refuse disposal, workers' moral, employment prospect, general welfare of citizens, are all very low, in fact all-time low. I am sure you know this fact yet you readily deploy your sagacity and brilliance to promote a man like Rochas. There is God oo.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2014
Onyegecha: Abagworo, having read your posts on other subject matters like the history of various Igbo towns, i have no doubt that you are very brilliant and articulate. You are exposed and enlightened enough to understand what governance is all about. That is why i doubt your sincerity in the dogged effort to defend a government that has thrown caution to the wild winds and has taken impunity and lawlessness to a ridiculous height.

Education, healthcare, water supply, refuse disposal, workers' moral, employment prospect, general welfare of citizens, are all very low, in fact all-time low. I am sure you know this fact yet you readily deploy your sagacity and brill iance to promote a man like Rochas. There is God oo.
1st of all I'm very much aware that you are partisan and hence definitely will lie even in the face of truth. I have no interest in Rochas Government but as an Imo citizen I have to always say the truth the way it is. If Imo is doing badly, I will definitely be the 1st to voice it out as I stand to lose nothing by doing so. For example I've never argued with anyone with regards to sanitation. That's the part that needs serious overhaul but every other thing you wrote up there is more political than real. This thread is more or less a thread for showcasing the good of Imo State but some jealous people deliberately try to turn it to a fight between Rochas and opposition. Imo is bigger than Rochas and whoever as he will definitely leave that seat either in 2015 or 2019 for others to occupy. What you owe this thread is to show developments and beauty of Imo since you are on ground and not to start unnecessary arguments or try to look for any possible bad thing to write. Every problem Imo has including power, water supply, bad roads, health issues etc. is a national problem and no State including Abuja has solved any of it. All Governors, President and politicians still travel out for health care, their children still school outside Nigeria or in very expensive private schools and like you can tell from the immigration saga, unemployment is nationwide. So let us be real and face the truth. 90% of Nigerian graduates never get a job and most get self-employed or under-employed. Polytechnics have been on strike for over a year. Resident Doctors are on nationwide strike right now. Everywhere is being bombed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2014
What is the implications of this. ......

Diaspora based landlords, FYI cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2014
And the first lady is planning to dash some buses to some women

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
More buses

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
I see "August " written on the buses.

August meeting oru o la? cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Imo commences construction of international market at Mgbidi

By Anolu Vincent / Senior Correspondent, Owerri

Arrangements have been concluded for the construction of the N16 billion Imo State’s Heartland Gateway International Market project at Mgbidi, Oru West Local Council Area of the state, which situates on the Onitsha – Owerri expressway.

The multi-billion naira project when completed would comprise warehouse facility, open stalls, lock up shops, clinic, car mart, services filling station, food court, plank market, police station and parking lots among others

Disclosing this to journalists during the pre-construction site visit, facilitator of the project, Innocent Okoro, explained that the market would cover a land space of 28.097 hectares.

“This project will be the most ambitious international market project, comprising 10,000 shopping units and 3,000 housing units ever built anywhere in Igbo land”, Okoro explained.

According to the project facilitator, every effort has been made to make it different from the usual shed or lock-up shops traders are used to in Nigeria.

He said other features of this market include an organised layout and circulation space, expandable modular lock-up shops, clean and aerated open stalls, banking halls, warehouses, clinic and pharmacy, fire station, police station, school and close circuit television.

“After 44 years of living and investing outside Igbo land, Ndigbo under the platform of Ohaneze Ndigbo and Imo Towns Development Association have agreed that there is need to go back home to open Igboland”, Okoro said

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/imo-commences-construction-international-market-mgbidi/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Playing ground.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
Imo Signs MoU For N16bn International Market

By Stanley Uzoaru

— July 8, 2014

The Imo State government at the weekend signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Graceland Channels Limited, for the construction of a N16billion Heartland Gateway International Market to be located in Mgbidi, Oru West local government area of the state.

The construction of the multi-billion naira project which is also in collaboration with the Heartland Gateway International Market Limited, and facilitated by the Ohaneze Ndigbo, Lagos State branch, is said to be aimed at creating a one-shop business environment, thereby boosting the economy of the state and the nation in general.

The chief executive officer (CEO) of Graceland Channels Limited, Pastor Nath Omoruyi, disclosed this while receiving members of the Traders Protection Rights Initiative, Lagos branch and other stakeholders, who visited the site at the weekend.

According to him, the Heartland Gateway International Market, Mgbidi, when completed, would be the most modern mega integrated shopping mall, as well as the biggest market of international standard in sub-Saharan Africa, to serve the sub-region and beyond.

The market, he said, would be constructed on a 28, 097 hectares of land with adequate provision for expansion.

When fully operational, Omoruyi said that the market would generate between N300million and N500million in volumes of trade and business transactions daily, noting that the first phase of the project is expected to cost N16billion.

http://leadership.ng/news/377188/imo-signs-mou-n16bn-international-market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijxUQOegIQ

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
^^^ nice development.

cool cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
Damn! I love this kiss But, Nigerian factor and mentality will still come in, and mess this up and we end up with a poorly finished job. Maybe, in few years to come, the space is littered with disgusting kiosks.
Okorocha, please, ensure this feat is delivered as it is in that render.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
RareDiamond:

“After 44 years of living and investing outside Igbo land, Ndigbo under the platform of Ohaneze Ndigbo and Imo Towns Development Association have agreed that there is need to go back home to open Igboland”, Okoro said

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/imo-commences-construction-international-market-mgbidi/
All igbos should meditate on this. And Ohaneze should take up their responsibility and be aggressive about it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2014
Pray, this proposed Mgbidi International Market is built and delivered as rendered in video, it shall be one of the most beautiful anywhere.

Join #TEAM DECENTRALIZE PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURES IN IMO STATE.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
I am at owerri ryt now, and i can tell u that owerri still has a very long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
The government is really taking us for a ride. The imo state ppl re trying the lil they can, but the govt is doing little or nothing

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
I dont know if its because imo state is an APC state, but the fg does not exist in imo state, imo state ppl shud wiseup, those ppl sending u to go and stand in that stadium whenever GEJ comes is doing it for there selfish ambition, all the fg will do is share money to them, instead of them engaging in projects that wud benefit the entire populace....

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
All am seeing here is just poster of ediots up and down, some talking abt senator, governorship, fg, useless posters.
APC and PDP is d same...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
We have to build this Imo State thread back with lovely pictures.

Below are pictures of Ojukwu Centre, New Owerri and Imo concord hotel

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
I swear to God, if Buhari says he's going for presidency i wud personally recruit, my self, family members, workers to vote for him, if u dont i wud make sure u loose ur job... Dz Nigerians u guys dont need strong hands, u need IRON hand.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
RareDiamond: We have to build this Imo State thread back with lovely pictures.

Below are pictures of Ojukwu Centre, New Owerri and Imo concord hotel
guy u dont know what govt is all abt, u dont know what u vote in ppl for.... I left where i was to go, took a flight down to ph airport, only for me to be welcomed with one of d worst roads i ve eva seen, i found out it was a federal road, i was being happy that maybe it was because of imo's apc status i was expecting to see doz things and d development abagworo was talking abt,,, i saw them,but i saw sth entirely different. And d annoying thing abt it is how the govt has pauperised a large percentage of the populace, turning young gals to sth thats annoying me... Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
ALA IMO STATE WU OBODO MARA MMA

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.