Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2393271 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
abagoro:

Thats good. The road leading to it from IMSU? When was it done? I passed there earlier this year and it looked abandoned.
they have started doing it...it is still at construction stage..just that I am not too impressed with the quality of their equipment..let me just leave at that...and they be quick with it because sand dunes used for the construction of that rd are gradually being carried to aladinma primary school all the to ohaozara street .
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
abagoro:
Seems work has started on the politically abandoned flyovers.

I heard too that Gov. Okorocha is importing elephants to the Owerri zoo at Nekede. He promises to import other wild animals too to the zoo.

But humans in Imo state don't have common pipe-borne water.

%age attention:
Gov. Okorocha's deputy said Okorocha did 75% of his development works in Owerri in the last four years;

but given the way Okorocha took off this second term, it appears he shall devote 100% in Owerri this second term.

What are the Reps of the other 25 Lgas of Imo state doing about this Okoroch's joke of one-city only?

Okorocha has most of his businesses and palatial home in Owerri. He is taking the joke of building his dream city at the expense/neglect of rest of Imo state too far.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
asha80:
they have started doing it...it is still at construction stage..just that I am not too impressed with the quality of their equipment..let me just leave at that...and they be quick with it because sand dunes used for the construction of that rd are gradually being carried to aladinma primary school all the to ohaozara street .

Okorocha is in his 2nd tenure and should stop trying to impress. Road works are done during dry season. Anything he's doing there will definitely fail. They should grade the roads and wait for the right season.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2015
abagoro:

I'm from Niger Delta Igbo myself so I gain more from oil if that is the issue. The issue is the hate speech against Hausa, Yoruba and the entire North and Southwest by radio Biafra. The worst is the claim of other peoples land like Iguocha and other minority area surrounding Igboland. Meanwhile majority of your people are living there.

The "radio Biafra" I will support is the one that will

1) preach Igbo unity

2) Encourage Igbos to locate their business headquatres in Igboland

3) Encourage good leadership

4) Condemn tribalism and religious intolerance

5) Allow Niger Deltans be and stop the disgusting attache by force.

6) Preach against get rich quick syndrome

7) Embark on scholarship scheme for brainy Igbis from poor background

Let me stop at this 7 as the list is endless.

This hospital is the greatest thing Igbos will collectively do since we built the Imo Airport. If we work together we can build the 2nd Niger bridge in 6 months without all these 30 years of insult from IBB, Obasanjo and Jonathan.

Abagworo, I don't think you are right. Firstly, Igbos do not encroach on other peoples land. Secondly, there is no ethnic group known as Niger Delta. Igbos are part of Niger Delta. Igbos have not been treated fairly in Nigeria even though Igbos are not united in thought and action.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2015
Pchidexy:

Abagworo, I don't think you are right. Firstly, Igbos do not encroach on other peoples land. Secondly, there is no ethnic group known as Niger Delta. Igbos are part of Niger Delta. Igbos have not been treated fairly in Nigeria even though Igbos are not united in thought and action.

Some Igbos are part of Niger Delta like Oguta, Ohaji and Egbema. I agree that Igbos have not been treated fairly in Nigeria but we had the chances to join the rest in 2015 but chose to lose and continue fighting the winner. Meanwhile SSners have joined the rest of Nigeria leaving the Jonathanian Igbos still lamenting.

Are you aware that Buhari has already reached agreement with SS leaders and they have mapped out ways of working together. Amnesty is now paid promptly and even Jonathan's amnesty arrears has been cleared.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Odenigbo at night

Mean while Ihedioha has lost at court of appeal.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abagworo:

Some Igbos are part of Niger Delta like Oguta, Ohaji and Egbema. I agree that Igbos have not been treated fairly in Nigeria but we had the chances to join the rest in 2015 but chose to lose and continue fighting the winner. Meanwhile SSners have joined the rest of Nigeria leaving the Jonathanian Igbos still lamenting.

Are you aware that Buhari has already reached agreement with SS leaders and they have mapped out ways of working together. Amnesty is now paid promptly and even Jonathan's amnesty arrears has been cleared.

The beauty of democracy lies in its concept of freedom. Democracy without opposition is authoritarianism. I'm glad Imo state is with the center. However opposition must not be stiffened.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abagworo:

Bro, Igbos does not start and end in the south east. Geopolitical zones are not cultural zones. Pls don't mix the two.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abagworo:

so, what's stopping the igbos in APC eg onu , ngige and rochas ,from going into agreement with buhari for south East

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pchidexy:

The beauty of democracy lies in its concept of freedom. Democracy without opposition is authoritarianism. I'm glad Imo state is with the center. However opposition must not be stiffened.
Ask him whether gej sidelined the north in his time

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Ask him whether gej sidelined the north in his time

Buhari can never sideline Igbos. That's impossible! Already an Igbo man is heading NNPC for the 1st time in history.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abagworo:

Buhari can never sideline Igbos. That's impossible! Already an Igbo man is heading NNPC for the 1st time in history.
just that out of many appointments so far ?
BTW , you mentioned South south , and I suppose the nnpc boss is from there. so , what for south east?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
Abagworo:

what is with the jeep?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AnambraDota: 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Opinion.

Isn't it better we keep everything in Igboland 100% Igbo dominated and own.

Especially mineral exploitations.

If Ibeto is exploiting limestones in Ebonyi, Orient and Nestoil drilling crude in Anambra and Anioma respectively.

We should be territorial, we have seen what mineral explorations by foreign own corporations did in Niger Delta, plunder the land and leave the people with oil spill and poverty to contend with.

Many intelligent nations don't allow foreign mining and exploitation of minerals except in Africa.

Igbo should keep everything 100% indigenous like we are doing in manufacturing back home.
Uche Oga, Orji Kalu, et al should start investing in oil n gas to make sure those oil wells in the hands of the Gambaris are recovered.

We are different people, so we need to handle our things differently.

Its increase Igbo consciousness

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
AnambraDota:
Opinion.

If Ibeto is exploiting limestones in Ebonyi, Orient and Nestoil drilling crude in Anambra and Anioma respectively.

We should be territorial, we have seen what mineral explorations by foreign own corporations did in Niger Delta, plunder the land and leave the people with oil spill and poverty to contend with.

Many intelligent nations don't allow foreign mining and exploitation of minerals except in Africa.

Igbo should keep everything 100% indigenous like we are doing in manufacturing back home.
Uche Oga, Orji Kalu, et al should start investing in oil n gas to make sure those oil wells in the hands of the Gambaris are recovered.

sounds good but hardly realistic in real life..even china with its protectionism had to start opening up their economy...the only rule is play by their rules
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
AnambraDota:
Opinion.

My dear, you are right. The problem is that our people do not invest in such things because it is capital intensive and technical. However, I believe all the limitation is in the mind. Again, the govt favours foreign companies more.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pchidexy:

@Duru, I have to conclude that you think through your anus. You have not made any contribution to this thread other than to attack someone who didn't attack you. Go get some brain bro!

It takes one freaking dumbass such as you who thinks from his or her anus to recognize another. I do not monkey with low class loons such as you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
mandax:

Nna men, you know Orlu very well - I am very happy with you. You do some good jobs even some Imo people wouldn't do...

I said it earlier, it shall be hard to get anybody from Owerri who has been to Orlu before, talk less, recount communities in Orlu area like you did. Why? Because every thing Imo state has is in Owerri. So some one from Owerri has no need to visit Okigwe or Orlu areas for anything

Rochas Okorocha became governor and worsened the situation. Do you ever see any Owerri guy on NL or anywhere criticizing Okorocha government? Hard to see. This is because Okorocha nearly reduced Imo state to Owerri.

Oga stop claiming Orlu, you are not from Imo talk more of Orlu.

Simple question Abagworo asked with reference to some Orlu clans see how you are flopping. I even know Orlu more than you.

Drop that your claim because you've lost long ago.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Not to worry: since deportation and lagoon talk began, only the most muguish - foolish - Igbo can now invest heavily in landed property in the southwest of Nigeria.
Nigeria has never been this divided since APC came on board.

The ruling president has further divided Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
B2mario:

Oga stop claiming Orlu, you are not from Imo talk more of Orlu.

Simple question Abagworo asked with reference to some Orlu clans see how you are flopping. I even know Orlu more than you.

Drop that your claim because you've lost long ago.

Shatap.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Not really happy with the bolded. Government is not meant to run business but give enabling environment. The soft loan is a good move but he should dispose of those indisyries ASAP.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/imo-releases-n5bn-soft-loan-for-communities-to-fast-track-devt-in-90-days/

Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, has said that
about N5 billion has been deposited to the Imo State
Micro–Finance Bank to be disbursed as soft loans to
the 637 communities in the 27 Local Councils.
He said the fund is to establish small and medium
scale industries under the state’s “One Community,
One Factory” programme.
Also, Okorocha has inaugurated about 50 committees
to fast–track development in 90 days in the state’s
three senatorial zones of Imo East (Owerri zone), Imo
West (Orlu zone) and Imo North (Okigwe zone).
Speaking at the Imo State Trade and Investment
Centre, Owerri, at the weekend, the governor said
that government had acquired some of its former
companies, including Paper Packaging Industries,
Orlu and Rasin Paints industry, Mbaise, allegedly sold
by past military administrations.

He enjoined the committees, including that of Local
Government Assessment on Rural development;
Sanitary; Parks Management and Traffic offences;
Street Trading and Beautification and Relocation of
Artisans and Mechanics to Appropriate Places, among
others, to carry their duties with dexterity.
On the loans, Okorocha said the 637 communities
were required to obtain the loans at 7 per cent
interest rate, adding that any communities found
wanting would be merged with another.
He stressed that the aim of the initiative was to
provide jobs through an industrialisation policy,
tackle poverty and create wealth.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
abagoro:
Not really happy with the bolded. Government is not meant to run business but give enabling environment. The soft loan is a good move but he should dispose of those indisyries ASAP.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/imo-releases-n5bn-soft-loan-for-communities-to-fast-track-devt-in-90-days/

One Factory” programme.

Okorocha has just wasted the 5billion naira for nothing. How can a unorganised community run a successful business. I dey laugh o!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
abagoro:

One Factory” programme.

Lol.
N5 billion divided by 637 communities = N 784,929.36.
Well, every community must first provide water to run the industry with this amount. What is left after that to build the industry?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
millionaireman:

Lol.
Well, every community must first provide water to run the industry with this amount. What is left after that to build the industry?

one of the reasons I believe rochas has issues when it comes to administration
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
asha80:
one of the reasons I believe rochas has issues when it comes to administration

Well, whatever issues Rochas has with administration of Imo state, he needs to understand in this his second term that Imolites are now nervy over his abject neglect of rest of Imo state outside Owerri Municipal Council.

Even indegenes of Owerri are decrying Rochas' concentration of his government's development infrastructures in only Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Where do Okorocha learn his policies from? He comes from no where to always say one nonsense thing. I like Okorocha's charisma but I am beginning to see him as a comedian, rapper or MC.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
millionaireman:

Lol.

Forget about the water stuff for now. No Southern State still provides water for citizens. Its a past tense in history.

I think he should rather offer the soft loans to established private industries for expansion.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
abagoro:

Forget about the water stuff for now. No Southern State still provides water for citizens. Its a past tense in history.

I think he should rather offer the soft loans to established private industries for expansion.

Oh, We have to forget water supply factor in location and running of industry?
What type of industry runs without water?
Okay O. Na you win.

By the way, because other eastern states governments refuse to provide treated running water to their citizens, therefore Imo state government doesn't have to?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:15am On Sep 08, 2015
@Abagoro et al my question is: can an African community run a successful company. This is considering the kind of division and crude politics in our communities. Are we into communism? Is this kind of idea practicable or just unrealistic? Has this kind of idea ever worked any where in the world? Let's discuss pls.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2015
Pchidexy:
@Abagoro et al my question is: can an African community run a successful company. This is considering the kind of division and crude politics in our communities. Are we into communism? Is this kind of idea practicable or just unrealistic? Has this kind of idea ever worked any where in the world? Let's discuss pls.

I think what community can do is co-operative farming and food processing. Industries should be left to those in the field.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2015
"Owerri must laugh" show recently anchored by comedian AY was a sell out.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
I'm digressing a bit: Why do other Igbos especially some of our brothers from Anambra n Enugu States like painting us in a bad light. Take for instance, the issue of bride price. They have succeeded in making it seem like Imo state has the highest pride price in Nigeria. They are seriously painting our girls as promiscuous. I look and I ask why? What do you think is the cos of this? For me I think it is arrogance and disrespect for other people's culture which has been the bane of Igbos in this country. Unnecessary chest beating! Pls I need mature opinion and not unnecessary bashing. @Abagworo,Millionaire man,Asha,et al

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.