Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394897 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
akinegba1:
I now understand the true picture of things in Imo state. The state is very undeveloped with some of the worst roads I have set my eyes on. Imo people appear to be docile because irrespective of party affiliation this cannot happen in Ogun state where I come from. It has now been established how backward in terms of infrastructural development Imo state is. The people need to stand up to their right. I read somewhere that the governor collected 26B bailout fund but somebody has just confirmed here that the governor is still owing several months of salary arrears. This is so so bad for the image of the state and its people.

Mr Man, Have you been to IMO State? Can you imagine "You read somewhere!!!" , CHINO YOU ARE AN IDIOT!, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED! sad
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chino11(m): 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
I didn't start this because I am a peaceful person but I am unforgiving like you said. Go to Anambra thread and see for yourself how someone woke up and started attacking Anambra thread and expect me to fold my arms? Maybe you don't know me very well..ofcourse I will unleash all the 'hell' including 'demon' monikers in retaliation.

willow0802:

Exactly, I'm beginning to hate this chino of a Guy, his attitude shows how wicked and unforgiving he is. He behaves like a boy!... Chlwude chino11 can't you just ignore abagworo, live nd let live man, i am an imolite, do you think im happy seeing this bullshit repetitions you are posting, why are you flooding this thread with stupid pictures of slums and dirt road, We get your point, Aii!. you are only causing disharmony and you forget that nigerian states are only geographical demarcations, thought out and executed by the fulanis, you are a fool!.. are you aware that my south african friends visit this page to see our geographical statement? i'm nt just the only one!. you make me hate this page for no just cause, abi you have achieved your cause, but listen, it doesn't pay. IT DOESN'T PAY. Each time i visit this thread, it reminds me of you, and Man, i'm beginning to hate your attitude.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by austentero: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Wao! this is the longest page of a thread I have seen since joining Nairaland.
It shows that people want good governance.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
chino11:
I didn't start this because I am a peaceful person but I am unforgiving like you said. Go to Anambra thread and see for yourself how someone woke up and started attacking Anambra thread and expect me to fold my arms? Maybe you don't know me very well..ofcourse I will unleash all the 'hell' including 'demon' monikers in retaliation.

Chino, can you stop already. It is becoming nauseating. you are harming the image of igboland
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
OreMI22:
[size=18pt]Exactly why i still believe Biafra is a very bad idea.

Igbos have not learnt how to tolerate nor live peacefully with each other.
[/size]

Fuctarded,
take your campaign against Biafra to your home.
chino is one going berserk over his enmity with one Abagworo who represents a governor of Imo state whom chino believes is not doing well. But chino does not seem to know that Abagworo is not from Imo state. Can't you see how chino cloned chiwude's moniker?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2015
longayink:

Fuctarded,
take your campaign against Biafra to your home.
chino is one going berserk over his enmity with one Abagworo who represents a governor of Imo state whom chino believes is not doing well. But chino does not seem to know that Abagworo is not from Imo state. Can't you see how chino cloned chiwude's moniker?

What exactly has Abagworo got to do with all these nonsense here? I have ignored Chino et al to keep playing but each of you keep calling me out. I don't represent anyone but I am against misrepresentation of facts and I will not engage anyone again. All I will be doing is writing what I believe is best for the survival and progress of Igbos in Nigeria.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:18am On Nov 02, 2015
willow0802:

Exactly, I'm beginning to hate this chino of a Guy, his attitude shows how wicked and unforgiving he is. He behaves like a boy!... Chlwude chino11 can't you just ignore abagworo, live nd let live man, i am an imolite, do you think im happy seeing this bullshit repetitions you are posting, why are you flooding this thread with stupid pictures of slums and dirt road, We get your point, Aii!. you are only causing disharmony and you forget that nigerian states are only geographical demarcations, thought out and executed by the fulanis, you are a fool!.. are you aware that my south african friends visit this page to see our geographical statement? i'm nt just the only one!. you make me hate this page for no just cause, abi you have achieved your cause, but listen, it doesn't pay. IT DOESN'T PAY. Each time i visit this thread, it reminds me of you, and Man, i'm beginning to hate your attitude.

Why call me out? All I have done was to promote Imo on this thread all by myself while PDP supporters instead of supporting the thread wasted all their time looking for how to portray bad image of the State. When I visit Imo again this thread will become active with pictures but now that I'm not opportuned, they'll try to give a bad impression.

Stop associating me with Chino or any other jobless tout on Nairaland. I'm a responsible self made billionaire concerned about welfare and development of Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:23am On Nov 02, 2015
This is happening now in Imo State. Reconstruction of all major Secondary schools in this model of one Storey buildings. I can confidently say it is happening for the 1st time in 20years.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:

What exactly has Abagworo got to do with all these nonsense here? I have ignored Chino et al to keep playing but each of you keep calling me out. I don't represent anyone but I am against misrepresentation of facts and I will not engage anyone again. All I will be doing is writing what I believe is best for the survival and progress of Igbos in Nigeria.

commot for road man. who you wan fool except chino?

You dey Owerri 24/7 - in Douglas House, representing your big oga on NL.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 12:28am On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:
This is happening now in Imo State. Reconstruction of all major Secondary schools in this model of one Storey buildings. I can confidently say it is happening for the 1st time in 20years.

Eye service. Reconstructing schools - even mission schools - in Owerri only; the Morning star girls school in Orlu where I taught as a teacher has no road leading to it - three years running.
Abeg commot for road.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2015
Ongoing dualisation of Owerri/Orlu expressway by Imo State Government. It has been slow as Imo is not a rich State but its steady. This is the new Njaba bridge as at September 2015.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by iconize(m): 12:29am On Nov 02, 2015
willow0802:

Mr Man, Have you been to IMO State? Can you imagine "You read somewhere!!!" , CHINO YOU ARE AN IDIOT!, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED! sad

LOL.

Akinegba1 is Chino.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2015
longayink:

Eye service. Reconstructing schools - even mission schools in Owerri only; the Morning star girls school in Orlu where I taught as a teacher has no road leading to it - three years running.
Abeg commot for road.

This is exactly what I meant by PDP loyalists who want to portray falsehood. There is no State in Nigeria that everything is in order or things are working perfectly. I do not doubt you but there are up to 500 schools in Imo and if 50 are reconstructed, there'll still be 450 left in decay for your likes to use in blackmail. As for me I'm focused on development and not fault finding. Thank you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 02, 2015
Chino and abagworo I spit on two of you. Shameless basta.rds...

Ndi ozu wun ra wun
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:38am On Nov 02, 2015
"Akachi" tower which translates to hand of God. From the top of this tower one can have a view of Owerri municipality from all angles. Government should encourage a private investor to invest in luxury garden around the tower for weekend grooves and events. Owerri already witnesses high influx of weekenders but with limited sceneries.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2015
samobo:
Chino and abagworo I spit on two of you. Shameless basta.rds...

Ndi ozu wun ra wun

Your father there. Idiott!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 12:46am On Nov 02, 2015
This is an interview for 2012. Abagworo, you're fumbling

It is the hand of God – Gov. Okorocha

on February 22, 2012

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor & BARTHOLOMEW MADUKWE
IT was early in the morning penultimate Tuesday and the group of visiting journalists were at the Imo Governor’s lodge in Owerri for a scheduled appointment with Governor Rochas Okorocha. Time was 7.30 a.m. and the governor was not at home but his deputy, Jude Agbaso, was on hand to receive the visiting journalists.

Few minutes and a little banter, Okorocha drove himself in, in a black SUV towards the façade of the Governor’s residence. Dressed in a long short and shirt, he apologized for the delay as it was passed on that he had just come from the inspection of some ongoing projects in Owerri Capital City. Some of his hangers-on soon passed word round that that indeed the daily habit of the Governor.

It wasn’t surprising. A day earlier, government officials were effusive noting that Owerri, nay Imo State was now a work-in-progress with the mobilization of men and equipment in a way that is strange in these shores. Mr. Agabso had earlier let out the secret that the state was able to embark on the projects through the reversal of the spending habit.

*Okorocha: This is the hand of God!
While the Federal Government and most of the states skew recurrent spending disproportionately against capital spending, Imo has dramatically done the reverse, putting recurrent spending at 27 per cent and freeing 73 per cent of inflows into capital development. The ongoing developments in Imo if sustained could be a great embarrassment to other Governors.

Following the introductions, the Governor sat down with his principal officers and the journalists for a breakfast during which he explained his bearing. Excerpts:

What is the scope of the work going on in the state?

We have dabbled into federal government projects and that is why we are being slowed down. We are dualising the Airport road, we are dualising the Okigwe road, we are dualising Orlu road, we are dualising the Mbaise road so as to make the whole state a one city state.

For us, completion is already planned. We have a chart we are following and we have tarred most of the roads. If you go to Ekinegbo road you will see it, but we intend to have all the roads tarred before the end of September. If you go to Oguta, what they used to call water-lake, you will see that we are turning it into a Bar Beach now and we are turning it around, even the hotel has been completely renovated. It is not something I think I can take credit, I think there is hand of God in it. I think Angels are beginning to award contracts themselves. But there is the monumental project, which you are not seeing yet.[size=14pt] In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.[/size]

We want to attract the world to Imo State and its monuments. Like we just have the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and we have the Washington Monument. We also have a new city we are building, that is near the Concord hotel.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/it-is-the-hand-of-god-gov-okorocha/

[size=14pt] In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.[/size]

[size=20pt] In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3026712_0000aka_jpge45f71190eff096f0ad18710ecf65edc
[size=30pt]N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’?[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2015
Ikengawo:
This is an interview for 2012. Abagworo, you're fumbling

It is the hand of God – Gov. Okorocha

on February 22, 2012

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/it-is-the-hand-of-god-gov-okorocha/

[size=14pt] In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.[/size]

[size=20pt] In the last two weeks we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’? The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3026712_0000aka_jpge45f71190eff096f0ad18710ecf65edc
[size=30pt]N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’?[/size]

Just imagine....

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2015
You people should stop mentioning my name on the same paper with the jobless and hopeless fruatrated old b.astard called abagworo who loiters around PH with his useless Ikwerre cousin.

longayink:

commot for road man. who you wan fool except chino?

You dey Owerri 24/7 - in Douglas House, representing your big oga on NL.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:
my fear is for the windows of these newly built blocks.
I dont think there is enough security to safeguard the theft of these windows as these windows look a bit expensive..

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:
"Akachi" tower which translates to hand of God. From the top of this tower one can have a view of Owerri municipality from all angles. Government should encourage a private investor to invest in luxury garden around the tower for weekend grooves and events. Owerri already witnesses high influx of weekenders but with limited sceneries.

....and Abagworo with his governor must be happy to use of N31 billion Naira to construct a tower in Owerri, while in the last four years the roads scrapped by Okorocha contractors in the rest of Imo state remain uncompleted.

Abagworo tell your governor to visit, for example, Orlu, and see by himself the human sufferings owing to scrapped roads.

Old Owerri road scrapped in the last four years - pity the plight of tens of thousands of people living on both sides.

St. Joseph's Catholic Church junction leading to the road scrapped to join the International Market Orlu - a minutes rain floods the whole area. Parishioners often scoop water from the church to hold mass service. These are parishioners that voted Okorocha governor. Okorocha believes he is in a war against Orlu PDP politicians. But the politicians refused to field anther candidate last election against Okorocha.

Morning Star Girls Secondary School Orlu - may even close finally owing to only road to it scrapped;

Only road to IMSUTH, Orlu remains non-pliable since Okorocha became governor. Even students have demonstrated over that.

TESAC to St Joseph road - pity the people that live along the road.

etc etc.

Abagworo, three months ago you told us here that the new Orlu stadium should be ready by December 2015. December is next month.

A N31 billion Akachi Tower in the state capital while the roads in the state are messed up and grinding the state's economy, internally-generated revenue to an all-time low -

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Photos of Kanu Sports Center. Quite impressive.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:
where exactly is this?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
More from Kanu Sports Center.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:

Very impressive, but why would Kanu build that in IMO...what happens to Abia state... why is trying to give Okorocha a lifeline.... this guy has finished Imo state ....by 2morro he will claim his government built that

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Maybe he lives in Imo?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
asha80:
where exactly is this?

I've not been there but it looks like its around IMSU area. Either back gate or Chukwuma Nwoha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
Abagworo:

I've not been there but it looks like its around IMSU area. Either back gate or Chukwuma Nwoha.

Read somewhere That it is at Egbu Road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
@ Abagworo,
N31 billion Naira by Imo Govermor Okorocha to build Akachi Tower in Owerri - just for people who pass by the tower to remember there was a governor called Rochas Okorocha? When the rest of Imo state are cursing and abusing Okorocha over abandoned road projects that could have taken half of the N31 billion Naira to complete.

That reminds one of that rumoured Donald Trump's take on Africans.....

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
The contractors doing this Kanu Sports Centre need to improve their finishing touches. There is a lot of rough work and rough edges - that not withstanding that this is Africa- worse, Nigeria. But what is worth doing is worth doing well.

Kudos Nwankwo Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgboDelta: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Imo State to Partner FMBN in 2,000-unit Workers Estate

IN renewed effort to improve the living standards of its citizens, Imo State Government has concluded arrangements with the apex mortgage institution to build over 2,000 housing units for workers.

The project, which will be executed with Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) will under the Imo Model Scheme and expected to provide different categories of houses for its workers in the three senatorial zones (Imo East, Imo West and Imo North), ranging from semi- detached duplexes and blocks of flats.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, who disclosed this to journalists recently, after a meeting with the officials of the bank, led by Executive Director, Mr. Charles Ajifa, said the state government would provide about N10 billion, about 60 per cent of the cost, while FMBN would commit 40 per cent.

He also disclosed that the authorities of the FMBN would pay the developers and recover the money on behalf of the state government and itself. The first phase of the scheme will commence 1,000 housing units.

The governor regretted that workers in the state have not benefitted from National Housing Fund (NHF) scheme such despite huge contributions made to the fund. Okorocha disclosed that the state government would provide land, good road network and other infrastructure in the areas.

The Executive Director of the FMBN, Charles Ajifa, said some housing units constructed already by the bank, would be handed over to state government soon, adding that state’s contributeion to the NHF has hit N1 billion. A committee was set up to carry the project.

Also, the Imo State Government has signed a Memoranda of Understanding (MoU), with a foreign firm to build a 500 annual tonne capacity of Fertilizer in the Industrial Park in Ohaji/ Egbema Local Council of the state, to serve the needs of farmers in the state and beyond.

The Secretary to the State Government, Jude Ejuogu, witnessed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture, Mrs. Lilian Asuzu, signed for the state government, while a representative of the firm, Mr. Nguyam Kim Tawo, signed for his company. The operations would commence in the next six months.

The post Imo to partner FMBN in 2,000-unit workers’ estate appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria.

Source: The Guardian News

http://newsng.com/nigeria-news/2015/11/imo-to-partner-fmbn-in-2000-unit-workers-estate/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
31billion naira for "hand of God" ?
Lord have mercy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.