Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394048 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
5. Oguta

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
6. Mgidi

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
7. Umuaka

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
8. Obinze

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Watch this as a tip of the iceberg. These few months Owerri has improved astronomically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsfKpDwDpxk

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Impressive assembly junction tunnel. A drive through the opened lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3qVDxHU1w

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pics of the assembly junction tunnel by Okorocha's aide.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Current State of the phase 1 of 8 lane Okigwe highway in Owerri metropolis. So many of such roads are under construction with the longest being the 8 to 10 lane ring road with 2 flyovers linking Egbu and Egbeada/Irette.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
love bravo Owelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by GEJman: 1:16am On Dec 30, 2016
pls keep it coming..I love these pics.....Does anybody have the latest pic on the New Eastern Palm University located in Ognoko Ideato South
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2016
went to owerri for the first time in two years and was impressed with how wide their roads are.that owerri mall axis was a beauty to behold through the harmattan haze.The governor should cap it off by planting greenery .

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
GEJman:
pls keep it coming..I love these pics.....Does anybody have the latest pic on the New Eastern Palm University located in Ognoko Ideato South

This is a glimpse of some buildings in the school which is almost completed. Okorocha is a man of great taste. Forget the politics of lies and blackmail employing some media houses like Vanguard and go see things for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ImoRiver: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
No pics from Imo 2016 carnival on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ejiyke2007(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
ISU

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 4:13am On Jan 15, 2017
Orieagu-Umunumo-Ibeafor Road project: An emergency road project going on in my community. Funnily enough, my people rumour that it's an individual using his gratuity to fix the road whereas NDDC signpost is clearly mounted on the roadside.

I wouldn't like to go into the annoying fact that this road passes Mr. Athan Achonu's home. The super rich, self-acclaimed One-Armed General who's only interested in being senator but wouldn't fix this short kilometre stretch of road that passes his house.

This is the only obvious government project in my town. Ehime-Mbano General Hospital being executed by Owelle has been abandoned.

This is in keeping with my earlier promise to share any ongoing project in my community here. Thanks

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drone view of Okigwe roundabout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZQ70WzECPk
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drive through assembly tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3qVDxHU1w
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Driving from Naze into Owerri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9MMIpATi8
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Driving to Aba road via Akachi road. A smooth ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sZirc85Tg
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Staff houses Eastern Palm University at Ogboko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgWUBn1J2i8
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
2billion released for infrastructure in Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta

https://www.channelstv.com/tag/imo-state-amnesty-committee-in-owerri/

3 months after its inauguration, the committee reported that about 2,800 ex-militants registered for the programme and were ready to seek peace in the region.
Mr Okoracha then explained that the funds were being released in order to sustain the success thus far.
In his words “If you can remember, we had amnesty to over 2,000 militants in Ohaji Egbema and Oguta last year and shortly after that, we inaugurated the amnesty committee headed by the First Lady.
“After 3 months, they are back to give their reports and as you can see, they have registered about 2,800 militants with their forms, and in order to meet up their demands, we are approving the sum of two billion Naira for the take off of rehabilitation works and construction in the area” the Governor said
Furthermore, he stated: “We also made available some funds as financial assistance to some of the ex-militants in order to start a business of their choice, this will go a long way to solving their problems”.
Excited about this development, the committee said they would move to the area as soon as possible, to commence the rehabilitation and construction of schools, hospitals and other meaningful projects that would restore the pride of the communities.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
Who owns this fine hotel?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Who owns this fine hotel

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
I really do not wish to accept the current trend of things in Owerri. This hotel industry shit is not healthy for the youths in the state. Whats the fate of graduate of engineering and science, where is the industry that can absorb them. As an economics student in my finals, i once wished to relocate from lagos to owerri to contribute to the economic development of my state but i'm having second thoughts at the moment. What is my governor doing to create a productive industrial hub. The only thing imo is known for is its hotel cluster situated in Owerri, (not hating, i'm actually from umuguma near world bank). What about orlu, okigwe, what are they known for. Ohaji/Egbema should have been another bonny island in imo. What about oguta. What happened to our industrial layouts that were birthed during previous development plans. What we see presently are round abouts and vain luxurious decorations that do not yeild revenue.

Go to the clubs of these beloved hotels what you will find there are our youths wasting their parents money. I see pictures upon pictures on Facebook my old classmates from father cloonan boy school emekuku post on a regular basis. It's either in a dance hall or some sort of guest house. The pool of hotels in Owerri is not healthy for youths. I use to think hotel were meant for business meetings and lodging but right now i'm no loger sure. The state of affairs should change. Okorocha should put things into right perspectives. Let him place priority on productivity. If the federal allocation stops flowing in can imo survive? Lets move toward the era of a federal allocation independent state. Productivity is the key. Take a queue from anambra and abia state let's leave out lagos and Portharcourt. These states have been able to take drastic decision on agriculture and manufacturing. Recently abia state gov purchased 2mill palm plants, constructed a textile factory. Obiano encouraged agricultural reforms in anambra. What is imo doing.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
Incredibleme:
I really do not wish to accept the current trend of things in Owerri. This hotel industry shit is not healthy for the youths in the state. Whats the fate of graduate of engineering and science, where is the industry that can absorb them. As an economics student in my finals, i once wished to relocate from lagos to owerri to contribute to the economic development of my state but i'm having second thoughts at the moment. What is my governor doing to create a productive industrial hub. The only thing imo is known for is its hotel cluster situated in Owerri, (not hating, i'm actually from umuguma near world bank). What about orlu, okigwe, what are they known for. Ohaji/Egbema should have been another bonny island in imo. What about oguta. What happened to our industrial layouts that were birthed during previous development plans. What we see presently are round abouts and vain luxurious decorations that do not yeild revenue.

Go to the clubs of these beloved hotels what you will find there are our youths wasting their parents money. I see pictures upon pictures on Facebook my old classmates from father cloonan boy school emekuku post on a regular basis. It's either in a dance hall or some sort of guest house. The pool of hotels in Owerri is not healthy for youths. I use to think hotel were meant for business meetings and lodging but right now i'm no loger sure. The state of affairs should change. Okorocha should put things into right perspectives. Let him place priority on productivity. If the federal allocation stops flowing in can imo survive? Lets move toward the era of a federal allocation independent state. Productivity is the key. Take a queue from anambra and abia state let's leave out lagos and Portharcourt. These states have been able to take drastic decision on agriculture and manufacturing. Recently abia state gov purchased 2mill palm plants, constructed a textile factory. Obiano encouraged agricultural reforms in anambra. What is imo doing.

Because you don't know doesn't mean you should assume. Tourism is a very big industry and that is why Owerri is booming now more than Aba and Onitsha. It is the fastest developing city in Nigeria today mainly because of tourism but it doesn't mean agriculture is not the main focus of Okorocha admin. Pay a visit and make enquiries from ordinary citizens not IPOB, Mbaise or PDP loyalists.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
Incredibleme:

Because you don't know doesn't mean you should assume. Tourism is a very big industry and that is why Owerri is booming now more than Aba and Onitsha. It is the fastest developing city in Nigeria today mainly because of tourism but it doesn't mean agriculture is not the main focus of Okorocha admin. Pay a visit and make enquiries from ordinary citizens not IPOB, Mbaise or PDP loyalists.

http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/money/imo-launches-rice-anchor-borrowers-n9-billion-loan-programme/

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-disburse-n1b-loan-smes/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Shut up this bastard, if I hear you mention Onitsha and that your worthless Owerri full of prostitutes and brothels again..I will tear you to shred. Tell us what is booming in Owerri if not commercial sex hawking! What is the selling point of Owerri if not prostitution. Face reality for once but you will always prefer living in denial even when your own people are saying it. Tufia..

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Schematics:
Shut up this bastard, if I hear you mention Onitsha and that your worthless Owerri full of prostitutes and brothels again..I will tear you to shred. Tell us what is booming in Owerri if not commercial sex hawking! What is the selling point of Owerri if not prostitution. Face reality for once but you will always prefer living in denial even when your own people are saying it. Tufia..

[s][/s]

Tourism as an industry comes with it's pros and cons just like Onitsha is the world's dirtiest city because of trading and failed infrastructure.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Owerri is neither a commercial nor industrial town but it is the filthiest town in the SE. Owerri is very backward slum filled with filth and bad roads. Those petty traders in Onitsha are mainly people from Imo state that left their state in droves. Owerri is a dilapidated town filled with prostitutes. All the roads in Owerri are terribly bad but you will always come here to deceive yourself..

Abagworo:

Tourism as an industry comes with it's pros and cons just like Owerri is the world's dirtiest city because of prostitution and failed infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
2/3rd of Imolites are resident in Onitsha where they see as their greener pasture where there is no single Anambran resident anywhere near Imo state. Imo state is cursed..

Let us know when your prostitution and backward and worthless Owerri gets as decent and metropolitan as Onitsha below..

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Moment of truth.. cheesy

This is apt but unfortunately Abagworo will never ever agree with you because of his battered ego. He will rather divert attention instead of facing reality. One can hardly see a decent person that is raising a family in Owerri because the town is more or less a prostitution den. Raising a family in Owerri is as dangerous as raising a family in the lion's den. And explains why one cannot see Igbos from other states in Imo state..

Incredibleme:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
Schematics:
Moment of truth.. cheesy

This is apt but unfortunately Abagworo will never ever agree with you because of his battered ego. He will rather divert attention instead of facing reality. One can hardly see a decent person that is raising a family in Owerri because the town is more or less a prostitution den. Raising a family in Owerri is as dangerous as raising a family in the lion's den. And explains why one cannot see Igbos from other states in Imo state..

There's a difference between research and assumption. Onitsha is a village of traders while Owerri is a city of intellectuals. No normal clean person like me can live in Onitsha.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4331880_owerrii_jpeg229a937cfd9769f62ab2e548bc056a0b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4331860_00owerri_jpeg6bbcb6421bed651188982290b1b44303

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3229585_Owerri3_jpg213378a35b2acc192d75ac45f625b9b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3229583_Owerri1_jpg0b021a53829a91783c6cd6301deabc0f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3229582_Owerri_jpg06d3b26008bbbe44104244d3ac3a0376

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.