Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394561 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

I think there should b a way of getting money inform of tax from the hotels n entertainment centres springing up in IMO state, the way Lagos state is generating revenue internally

Don't worry about revenue generation and taxation now. Let the businesses grow and in future the taxing will come. Before now there was no large market in the State capital but today there are 4 huge organized markets that will aid future taxation.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
justineu:
am nt rochas fan but when it come to education I rate him 80%.
Roads construction: Rochas is trying compare to previous administration. The road I observed rochas construct that didn't last was the ones he constructed during raining seasoning but some are still good.
Rochas employed but payment of those whom he employed was a problem.

But seriously you sound so bittered. I don't like the way you painting owerri as so bad.

To be frank with you Owerri city has change positively weather you like it or not.

What of Orlu and Okigwe that were on nearly same level of urbanization when Imo state has created? The two towns deteriorated under Okorocha, who at the beginning expanded three or four roads in them, but abandoned more of the roads after scrapping them.

A governor that concentrated his development at the state capital is ripping off his state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 12:00am On Nov 18, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

When I say Imo is dying, I know what I am talking about.

Okorocha govt craftily reduced Imo state to become Owerri. The government makes a few scratches here and there outside Owerri.

Gullible people applaud. Some Owerri people applaud, and even want the system to continue beyond May 29, 2019.

But fact is that 90% of territory of Imo state outside Owerri is decaying since 2012 when the present governor retired to govern only Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
Every part of Imo state is starved of roads and other infrastructures. Owerri appears to be the worst hit, as the roads are terribly bad, filled with filthy environment and dilapidated generally. I think the best thing is to remove the governor entirely if the state wants to make any positive improvement. The same dilapidated dirty Owerri that the useless dirty poverty inflicted old man called abagworo would always come here to lies about. cheesy

kikake:

Okorocha govt craftily reduced Imo state to become Owerri. The government makes a few scratches here and there outside Owerri.

Gullible people applaud. Some Owerri people applaud, and even want the system to continue beyond May 29, 2019.

But fact is that 90% of territory of Imo state outside Owerri is decaying since 2012 when the present governor retired to govern only Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Owerri as well as the entire Imo state is facing the same challenge. Below is the new face of Owerri as posted by viciboi. Abagworo is a lying bastard, he lies because most Imolites are not resident in Imo state. Bad roads, filth all over Owerri.

kikake:

What of Orlu and Okigwe that were on nearly same level of urbanization when Imo state has created? The two towns deteriorated under Okorocha, who at the beginning expanded three or four roads in them, but abandoned more of the roads after scrapping them.

A governor that concentrated his development at the state capital is ripping off his state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
This is the heart of Owerri. Pigs are walking the streets of Owerri cheesy

Abagworo:

Don't worry about revenue generation and taxation now. Let the businesses grow and in future the taxing will come. Before now there was no large market in the State capital but today there are 4 huge organized markets that will aid future taxation.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OyiboUgbo04: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2017
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2017
kikake:

Orlu clean beautiful 6 lane road.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Nov 19, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
This is the heart of Owerri. Pigs are walking the streets of Owerri cheesy

That's Douglas road and it has been reduced to rubbles. Onitsha market, Ochanja, Mgbuka etc. in Onitsha should equally be removed if the Governor is serious. It takes a strong man to do the right thing like demolition of shanties and removal of dirty markets.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:27am On Nov 19, 2017
Hehehehe

Stop deceiving yourself. Owerri is a garbage town filled with bad roads and filth. The entire town should be demolished to the ground to pave way for decent development. I know it is very painful for you cheesy

Lest I forget 1/3rd of Imo state people are resident in Onitsha where they see as greener pasture. Onitsha is like obodo for the Imolites. cheesy

Abagworo:

hat's Douglas road and it has been reduced to rubbles. Onitsha market, Ochanja, Mgbuka etc. in Onitsha should equally be removed if the Governor is serious. It takes a strong man to do the right thing like demolition of shanties and removal of dirty markets.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2017
Abagworo Owerri looks like a neglected village. Let us know when your backward town start looking cosmopolitan just like below picture. cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2017
This is Onitsha where 1/3rd of Imolites are living. They see this city as their obodo oyibo where they go to make it in life. cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2017
Imo state is indebted to the tune of over 200billion but still yet the state can't even pay salaries for months. Infrastructures are non existent. Imo state took bailout funds but Okorocha diverted it.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
This is Onitsha where 1/3rd of Imolites are living. They see this city as their obodo oyibo where they go to make it in life. cheesy

Onitsha dwellers are considered low class traders hence they feel kind of inferior and cannot speak good English. Try to leave that omata enclave for once and understand.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
After all the criticism thousands of people continue to troop to Ikemba Ojukwu center in New Owerri to snap with the statues of African heroes.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hehehehe..are you still bitter and hurt? cheesy

Onitsha is to the SE what Lagos and PH is to the SW and SS.

Onitsha cosmopolitan city is the greener pasture of Imo state people. There are at least 1/3rd of Imo state population resident in Onitsha alone.

Most of the rich men from Imo state are all resident in Onitsha. A good example is Orange drugs. He can't afford to live in a local insecure bad roads and filth infested Owerri where 97% of the residents are poor..lol

Owerri on the other hand is a rural town filled with the lowest illiterate class of poor people that can't even express themselves in a simple English language. That is why their women are mostly prostitutes and their men- kidnappers and armed robbers. Usually living in "ikwerre type houses". I have never seen a rich guy resident in Owerri.

Abagworo:

Owerri dwellers are considered low class traders hence they feel kind of inferior and cannot speak good English. Try to leave that omata enclave for once and understand.

Like as I said before, Onitsha is the greener pasture and obodo oyibo of Imolites where they saw for the first time flyovers more than 40yrs ago. Even abagworo's old poor mother saw flyover for the first time in her life at Onitsha as a teenager LOL

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Okorocha does not have focus. The issue people have with bastard is that roads are dilapidated in Owerri and imo state at large and workers are owed several months unpaid salaries. I think Imo state is cursed.

Abagworo:
After all the criticism thousands of people continue to troop to Ikemba Ojukwu center in New Owerri to snap with the statues of African heroes.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Okorocha does not have focus. The issue people have with bastard is that roads are dilapidated in Owerri and imo state at large and workers are owed several months unpaid salaries. I think Imo state is cursed.

[s][/s]

I don't understand your obsession with this thread. You answer Lasgidiowner and you disturb us on imo thread, why?

Respect yourself and leave us the hail alone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
Abagworo your cursed useless brother brings me to this thread and shall be acknowledging his invitation each time he call.

Do you know that Okoroawusa spent over 1b to build 2 statues when most of the roads in Imo state are terribly bad and workers owed months arrears of salary? cheesy

SoNature:

I don't understand your obsession with this thread. You answer Lasgidiowner and you disturb us on imo thread, why?
Respect yourself and leave us the hail alone.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Abagworo:

Orlu clean beautiful 6 lane road.

Orlu 6 lane road? For where?

Ihioma road, Orlu, expanded, not 6 lanes, that is what you show..

Truth: Between 2011 to 2012, Okorocha govt expanded a total of 5km length of urban roads in Orlu, roads leading to his hometown in Ideato South lga, barely finished construction. But there are dozens of urban roads in Orlu that are unpaved yet fully built with houses on both sides.

Okorocha left more kilometers of road scrapped in Orlu urban lga since 2012 than the 5km distance his govt expanded.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

[s][/s]

Stop believing the nonsense from AIC Akwarandu and his likes. This is "Relief Market" now as rebuilt by Okorocha. I now understand that you know nothing about Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2017
kikake:

Orlu 6 lane road? For where?

Ihioma road, Orlu, expanded, not 6 lanes, that is what you show..

Truth: Between 2011 to 2012, Okorocha govt expanded a total of 5km length of urban roads in Orlu, roads leading to his hometown in Ideato South lga, barely finished construction. But there are dozens of urban roads in Orlu that are unpaved yet fully built with houses on both sides.

Okorocha left more kilometers of road scrapped in Orlu urban lga since 2012 than the 5km distance his govt expanded.

Yes there are dozens of riads in Abuja that are unpaved yet fully built with houses on both sides so Orlu's case cannot be better.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2017
Shut up useless old man. Akwarandu is my personal friend and gives me current pictures and situation in Owerre and Imo state at large. Imo is a failed state. 1/3rd of Imolites are resident in Anambra. Face fact. cool

Abagworo:

Stop believing the nonsense from AIC Akwarandu and his likes. This is "Relief Market" now as rebuilt by Okorocha. I now understand that you know nothing about Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2017
Abagworo:

Yes there are dozens of riads in Abuja that are unpaved yet fully built with houses on both sides so Orlu's case cannot be better.

So because there are unpaved urban roads in Abuja fully built with houses on both sides is a justification for having unpaved urban roads in Orlu; as your mentor, Gov Okorocha, builds ten lane roads in Owerri, some decorated with rooftops, and many inland roads close to one another, tunnels where roundabouts could serve in Owerri, but abandons rest of Imo state?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by proeast(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Shut up useless old man. Akwarandu is my personal friend and gives me current pictures and situation in Owerre and Imo state at large. Imo is a failed state. 1/3rd of Imolites are resident in Anambra. Face fact. cool

[s][/s]
You really have a mental problem, pls visit a psychiatrist hospital ASAP for your own good.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
proeast:
my useless father really have a mental problem, pls he should visit a psychiatrist hospital ASAP for his own good.

You have said it all. cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by proeast(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
It is really shocking how people in Kafanchan, Sokoto, Congo etc are busy saying that Owerri is dead even when they are yet to set foot in the city in recent times! You may hate Rochas all you can but the fact is that the Owerri I'm living in has made tremendous progress. I'm not a fan of Rochas but sometimes I wonder where he is getting all the money he is using in doing all these projects at the same time. Is Imo anywhere rich like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta etc? If the next governor will do as much as Rochas has done for Owerri, then Owerri will certainly become the most beautiful city in Eastern Nigeria. For all those believing the lies & propaganda of some people, you will be shocked when you arrive Owerri during the Christmas & see things for yourself. Bank road, Okigwe road, Orlu road etc are now so wide like the roads in Abuja. Owerri is making money from tourism & Rochas is keying into it. The area he should work on seriously is refuse management within the city.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LasGidiOwner: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Stop lying to yourself. Owerri and Imo state in general is dead. Imo state is indebted with over 200billion with nothing anywhere on ground to show for it. Workers are still being owed several months of unpaid salaries. Pensioners are owed over 3yrs arrears too. All sectors of the state are dead including IMSUTH, IMSU, infrastructures are dead, etc. We can use pictures to prove that all sectors of the state are dead.

proeast:
It is really shocking how people in Kafanchan, Sokoto, Congo & busy saying that Owerri is dead even when they are yet to set foot in the city in recent times! You can hate Rochas all you can but the fact is that the Owerri I'm living in has made tremendous progress. I'm not a fan of Rochas but sometimes I wonder there he is getting all the money he is using in doing all these projects at the same time. Is Imo anywhere rich like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta etc? If the next governor will do as much as Rochas has done for Owerri, then Owerri will certainly become the most beautiful city in Eastern Nigeria. For all those believing the lies & propaganda of some people, you will be shocked when you arrive Owerri during the Christmas & see things for yourself. Bank road, Okigwe road, Orlu road are now so wide like the roads in Abuja. Owerri is making money tourism & Rochas is keying into it. The area he should work on seriously is refuse management within the city.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Abagworo:

What are those ugly things with pillars that Okorocha is mounting on Owerri streets? It's a needless waste of money and looks ugly. Reminds me of the cable embellishments added to the Awka flyovers when the flyovers are not actually suspension bridges. Those things are just there for decoration.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
proeast:
It is really shocking how people in Kafanchan, Sokoto, Congo & busy saying that Owerri is dead even when they are yet to set foot in the city in recent times! You can hate Rochas all you can but the fact is that the Owerri I'm living in has made tremendous progress. I'm not a fan of Rochas but sometimes I wonder there he is getting all the money he is using in doing all these projects at the same time. Is Imo anywhere rich like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta etc? If the next governor will do as much as Rochas has done for Owerri, then Owerri will certainly become the most beautiful city in Eastern Nigeria. For all those believing the lies & propaganda of some people, you will be shocked when you arrive Owerri during the Christmas & see things for yourself. Bank road, Okigwe road, Orlu road are now so wide like the roads in Abuja. Owerri is making money tourism & Rochas is keying into it. The area he should work on seriously is refuse management within the city.

Owerri, Owerri and Owerri.

Are you not ashamed to talk about Imo state but your myopia limits you to Owerri?

Who taught you and your mentor, Gov Okorocha, that a state capital must be built with the federal allocations meant to develop other local government areas in a state, while the other areas in the state are in dilapidation, as it is in Imo state today?

Who taught you and Okorocha that a state capital must be developed far ahead the rest of the state with the resources of the entire state?

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58