Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394468 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
iamhorny:

New Owerri wasn't Rochas' idea, it was achike Udenwa's ...again Owerri has always been beautiful since the time of Sam Mbakwe (in fact,Owerri use to be the most beautiful city in Nigeria in the 70/80s as I was told) Rochas is just adding round about, statues and opening up/ constructing a few inner/link roads, which is changing the face of Owerri, and deserves commendation.

But all that he's doing is just a fraction of Owerri and its limited. What of Mbaise road, Egbu road, MCC road, Douglas road, Amakioha etc are they not part of Owerri?

Only a person who has not been to Owerri or an indomie generation kid will ascribe the beauty of Owerri to Rochas...even Ohakim did a lot of tree planting with his clean and green idea which is why New Owerri has at least a decent level of greeny

The flyover before Orji was Ohakim's project, it good Rochas didnt abandon it....

So all in all, Rochas is just changing the face of Owerri which is commendable, but not the architect of the beauty of Owerri.

You are not informed. New Owerri was created by Ndubuisi Kanu who equally commenced constrhction of 2 roads later completed by Mbakwe and then Concorde Hotel. Achike Udenwa boosted it with the construction of Area H Nekede housing and Akanchawa road while Ohakim added Yar'adua drive on the other side linking Onitsha road and linked Concorde road to 40-40 roundabout. Much of what you see today were done by Okorocha and there has been more build up under him because he opened up so many roads within New Owerri and 4 inland roads to link it with the old part. So the credit of planning belongs to Ndubuisi Kanu while all past and present governors contributed in implementation.

Can you believe this photo was taken in 2012 at 40-40 roundabout?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
The same spot 2017 though not from same angle but the change is clear.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kingsley10000: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
how I wish my state capital awka can be like this......rochas is really working

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chike why can't you focus on you rural area called Owerri and leave Awka or any part of Anambra out of your insecurity. Your hopeless gov is yet to pay months arrears of ordinary salary not to talk of infrastructure. Stop claiming Anambra and focus on your useless and worthless Imo state because this will soon earn you a bullet in the head.

[s]
Kingsley10000:
[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BiafraIShere(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cjrane2:

Abagworo, biko i don't have your time.

I am not here to say Enugu is finer than Owerri and those childish stuff you and Chino do. Actually, the new Governor Ugwuanyi in Enugu is tasteless and has truly disappointed because he does not maintain the city nor even plant more trees to complement what Sullivan Chime did to transform the city.

Again let me restate that i commend Rochas for his excellent work in bringing Owerri to almost a world class city, yet more needs to happen and i will not be afraid to say it. Massive landscaping effort is yet to be seen driving through Owerri. Even the heros arcade where the statues are should have dedicated landscapers to make the place a first class park environment and not just the few palm trees planted infront of the statues. Landscaping is what differentiates Nigerian cities from cities in South Africa, USA,France, Korea or abroad. Our typical building truly ain't bad, just that our cities lack enough vegetation cover to appear conducive for holidaying and business.

If you look at the pictures taken by the first guy in new Owerri, you will notice it has trees that why you subconsciously liked it without knowing it was the beautiful landscaping you like and not just because it has dual carriage way, which is also found on Douglas road.

All i have said and continue to say as highlighted by many others here who have been abroad is that concrete alone does not equate to beautiful city as Nigerians tend to think. Port Harcourt for example may be bigger and has more economic activities than Owerri or Calabar or Enugu, yet, it is an ugly city. Don't want to mention Lagos cos you already get the point.

When Akpabio did his transformation of Uyo, one thing he never forgot was landscaping of all his roads, roundabouts, flyovers, hotels etc. It all adds up to make a place look first world than third world.
Lol, did you just call me Abagworo? Are you kidding me?? Abagworo is definitely on the payroll of Rochas while the other !diot who escaped from yabaleft is a lowlife psycho who decided to bring his real life misery to nairaland to cause confusion among Igbos. I'VE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH BOTH CHARACTERS!! Having said that, I understand your point anyway and neither am I trying diss Enugu because the two cities are the prime cities we have in Igboland & I'm proud of them. I believe that a lot still needs to be done to get Owerri to where we all want it to be. It's high time we began to benchmark Owerri against international cities rather than being a local champion and resting on our oars because we feel we are better than most of the other mediocre Nigerian cities. The good thing about the landscaping you keep emphasizing on is that it is not expensive but rather requires creativity and discipline on the part of citizens so that people will stop walking on grass and use sidewalk wherever they are available. The only sore point in Owerri now is Douglas road that looks like a small Aba within Owerri. We all should also hype Owerri and give it publicity because the city is currently underrated. Massive publicity for Owerri, especially now it's looking very attractive will go a long way in attracting more investors into the city.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Your father is a miserable low life.

Your mother is a miserable low life.

Your father is a pyscho that escaped from mental home.

Your mother is a psycho that escaped from a brothel.

Hopeless frustrated I.diotic ipob.

[s]
BiafraIShere:
Lol, did you just call me Abagworo? Are you kidding me?? Abagworo is definitely on the payroll of Rochas while the other !diot who escaped from yabaleft is a lowlife psycho who decided to bring his real life misery to nairaland to cause confusion among Igbos. I'VE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH BOTH CHARACTERS!! Having said that, I understand your point anyway and neither am I trying diss Enugu because the two cities are the prime cities we have in Igboland & I'm proud of them. I believe that a lot still needs to be done to get Owerri to where we all want it to be. It's high time we began to benchmark Owerri against international cities rather than being a local champion and resting on our oars because we feel we are better than most of the other mediocre Nigerian cities. The good thing about the landscaping you keep emphasizing on is that it is not expensive but rather requires creativity and discipline on the part of citizens so that people will stop walking on grass and use sidewalk wherever they are available. The only sore point in Owerri now is Douglas road that looks like a small Aba within Owerri. We all should also hype Owerri and give it publicity because the city is currently underrated. Massive publicity for Owerri, especially now it's looking very attractive will go a long way in attracting more investors into the city.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Abagworo:

You are not informed. New Owerri was created by Ndubuisi Kanu who equally commenced constrhction of 2 roads later completed by Mbakwe and then Concorde Hotel. Achike Udenwa boosted it with the construction of Area H Nekede housing and Akanchawa road while Ohakim added Yar'adua drive on the other side linking Onitsha road and linked Concorde road to 40-40 roundabout. Much of what you see today were done by Okorocha and there has been more build up under him because he opened up so many roads within New Owerri and 4 inland roads to link it with the old part. So the credit of planning belongs to Ndubuisi Kanu while all past and present governors contributed in implementation.

Can you believe this photo was taken in 2012 at 40-40 roundabout?

Let us put it this way, whom ever created new Owerri did a good job.
Kudos to Rochas for sticking to his vision of developing it to give the city great ambiance and modernity.
Rochas and I differ in our political opinions, but i respect and thank him immensely for at least his dedication to making Owerri stand out as a great city.

Now, the issue is not to stop and rest on your oars. New Owerri is just a small part of what the city can become. More "New Owerris' " must be created to ensure orderly development many years after Rochas. He must not overlook the need for the proper development of the Owerri Industrial Layout which is located along the Onitsha-Owerri expressway for development of industrial clusters. Encouraging people to go into massive cat fish farming and packaging as Smoked Fish or Fresh fish, poultry production and packaging of meat products for supply of malls and local markets are other ways of creating employment and supporting the local economy. Agriculture and services sector are key to growing Imo into an economic hub in Nigeria. If you target that at least 60% - 70% of all types of food, fish (Smoked or Fresh),pork, poultry products and beef consumed in Owerri must be produced in Imo state, you will make the Imo state very prosperous and grow the economy rapidly. Remember restructuring will happen someday sooner or later. So this strategy of self sufficiency in agriculture should already be a priority by now.

Rochas must open up new housing areas for the future regimes to continue orderly expansion of the city. He should therefore map out these areas NOW in Naze, Nekede, Amakohia, Egbeada, Orji and other suburb of the city for orderly development of those areas. Private Estate developers are then encouraged to take portions of the area to develop appropriately as in the master plan. Some of the areas such as Nekede can have bungalow housing estates for lower income folks with schools, mini-market, Police stations built to support the suburb communities. If Owerri can have an orderly expansion around the suburbs similar to Egbeada area estates for many years after Rochas, it would be his greatest legacy.

Most importantly, he should use his friendship with Buhari to authorize foreign airlines to fly into SMICA. FAAN and NCAA should hands off the airport and concession out the airport so that private companies may come in and properly plan it's internationalization.
Rochas can help Buhari to write his name in the history of Imo state by being the President remembered to have made SMICA truly international. Remember that GEJ merely expanded Enugu runway which was made international by Yar'Adua. Hence, you rarely find any easterner speaking any evil of Yar'Adua because he demonstrated in words and deed that he had nothing against the progress of the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kingsley10000:
The fact that Owerri is more of a state capital than awka.....
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by QueenSekxy(f): 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
world bank

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cjrane2:

Kudos to Rochas for sticking to his vision of developing it to give the city great ambiance and modernity.
Rochas and I differ in our political opinions, but i respect and thank him immensely for at least his dedication to making Owerri stand out as a great city.

Now, the issue is not to stop and rest on your oars. New Owerri is just a small part of what the city can become. More "New Owerris' " must be created to ensure orderly development many years after Rochas. He must not overlook the need for the proper development of the Owerri Industrial Layout which is located along the Onitsha-Owerri expressway for development of industrial clusters. Encouraging people to go into massive cat fish farming and packaging as Smoked Fish or Fresh fish, poultry production and packaging of meat products for supply of malls and local markets are other ways of creating employment and supporting the local economy. Agriculture and services sector are key to growing Imo into an economic hub in Nigeria. If you target that at least 60% - 70% of all types of food, fish (Smoked or Fresh),pork, poultry products and beef consumed in Owerri must be produced in Imo state, you will make the Imo state very prosperous and grow the economy rapidly. Remember restructuring will happen someday sooner or later. So this strategy of self sufficiency in agriculture should already be a priority by now.

Rochas must open up new housing areas for the future regimes to continue orderly expansion of the city. He should therefore map out these areas NOW in Naze, Nekede, Amakohia, Egbeada, Orji and other suburb of the city for orderly development of those areas. Private Estate developers are then encouraged to take portions of the area to develop appropriately as in the master plan. Some of the areas such as Nekede can have bungalow housing estates for lower income folks with schools, mini-market, Police stations built to support the suburb communities. If Owerri can have an orderly expansion around the suburbs similar to Egbeada area estates for many years after Rochas, it would be his greatest legacy.

Most importantly, he should use his friendship with Buhari to authorize foreign airlines to fly into SMICA. FAAN and NCAA should hands off the airport and concession out the airport so that private companies may come in and properly plan it's internationalization.
Rochas can help Buhari to write his name in the history of Imo state by being the President remembered to have made SMICA truly international. Remember that GEJ merely expanded Enugu runway which was made international by Yar'Adua. Hence, you rarely find any easterner speaking any evil of Yar'Adua because he demonstrated in words and deed that he had nothing against the progress of the Igbos.

The future is very bright.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
QueenSekxy:
world bank

Looks like Ojukwu boulevard around Priceless stores.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
The fact is that Awka is more of a state capital than Owerri while Anambra is far more developed than Imo state. #FACT

[s]
Ttipsy:
The fact that Owerri is more of a state capital than awka.....
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
BeijinDossier:
The fact is that Awka is more of a state capital than Owerri while Anambra is far more developed than Imo state. #FACT

[s][/s]
lol
u so daft
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
[s]
Ttipsy:
lol
u so daft
[/s]

Your useless father is a daft. cool

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
BeijinDossier:
[s][/s]

Your useless father is a daft. cool
This an Owerri thread, so compare your daftness with your village people...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hopeless I.diot so you were brain dead when you started your comparison? Compare your madness with that of your useless father. Nkita lacha gi anya there.

[s]
Ttipsy:
This an Owerri thread, so compare your daftness with your village people...
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ttipsy(f): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
BeijinDossier:
Hopeless I.diot so you were brain dead when you started your comparison? Compare your madness with that of your useless father. Nkita lacha gi anya there.

[s][/s]
hey why are you pained. Owerri and Awka is no match. pls forward your daft brain else where hun. kiss the fact!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hehehehe

You are the one that's pained. Of course Awka and Owerri are not match because we all know that Owerri is still a rural area. We can do it here and now with pictures. Dumb illiterate. Lick the truth.

[s]
Ttipsy:
hey why are you pained. Owerri and Awka is no match. pls forward your daft brain else where hun. kiss the fact!!
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cjrane2:

PLease, I live in the US. Avoid building government ordered suburbs, they always become ghettos and it's a concept that city planners are regretting.

The government will never match our people's capacity to build. People will build their own suburbs and estates, you only need to open the land up. Not everything done in the west works. PLus the suburb you posted is ugly
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
City police

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 2:12am On Dec 18, 2017
Ikengawo:

PLease, I live in the US. Avoid building government ordered suburbs, they always become ghettos and it's a concept that city planners are regretting.

The government will never match our people's capacity to build. People will build their own suburbs and estates, you only need to open the land up. Not everything done in the west works. PLus the suburb you posted is ugly

No Sir,
You got it backwards. In Naija, the government only provides roads, electricity and facilitate transfer of C-of-O for the estate company to acquire land legally from the community for the stated project. The rest is up to the company to build and sell to the public.
If you go to Enugu thread you will see example of such government assisted estates by property123 being finished and sold.

Naija method is completely different from America or SA where the Governments actually build houses for low income people and "rents" it to them for next to nothing.Of course that will bring all sorts of lunatics together living for next to nothing rent on such government houses and thus will naturally breed high crime ghettos. In Naija, the entire house is sold to a new landlord who then decides who will live in his property at profitable rent.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ikengawo:

Yes you're right and that's why most estates in Owerri look good. Project housing schemes breed slum. This Arugo garden estate is built to taste.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abagworo, with the way you keep praising Owerri, i wonder why you still live in Port-hacourt.

10 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Prinzyy: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
Abagworo, with the way you keep praising Owerri, i wonder why you still live in Port-hacourt.
good one grin grin leave that okoracha media centre. Omc president

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ozuru(m): 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
OK
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

I have just finished my new house in Owerri. I already planned moving my family out of Port Harcourt because of insecurity. My businesses are mostly in Port Harcourt now but in less than 10 years I will move all to Igboland and sell off my properties in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cjrane2: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Abagworo:

I have just finished my new house in Owerri. I already planned moving my family out of Port Harcourt because of insecurity. My businesses are mostly in Port Harcourt now but in less than 10 years I will move all to Igboland and sell off my properties in Rivers State.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
See the jobless old man that still live with his old poor mother in one tiny room is talking about owning a house. Abagworo I know you miserable old man offline. You eat once a day from the stipend Okorocha media team pays you. If you doubt me then accept to meet me at any location(public area) of your choice in PH. Keep deceiving yourself. Otondo cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

Hehehehehe

Good question cheesy

The old clown likes deceiving himself thinking that anyone is fooled.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
BeijinDossier:
See the jobless old man that still live with her old poor mother that is talking about owning a house. Abagworo I know you miserable old man offline. You eat once a day on the stipend Okorocha media team pays you. If you doubt me then accept to meet me at any location(public area) of your choice in PH. Keep deceiving yourself. Otondo cheesy

[s][/s]

I don't need to meet you because you are not real but work for politicians. You are one of those naking Rivers State insecure. Someone like Ikengawo or Afam4eva can meet me and then confirm if I'm real or not.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Shut up useless old man. I don't even live in PH, though a regular visitor to PH. I stay in Anambra, precisely Awka. You are cursed because you know that Ikengawo is in US and Afam4eva is in Lagos. You are a very poor miserable old man, you are still unmarried even at your old age. If you deny these two points, then let us meet at any location of of your choice in PH, preferably a public place. Stop diverting attention. I will be in PH on thursday to sign off our last batch of contractual payment for the PH-Pleasure Park delivery. Yes, we were one of the contractors that delivered the project.

Are you game? Choose any location of your choice in PH, I will come with just one person. You are free to come with a maximum of 2 persons.

[s]
Abagworo:

I don't need to meet you because you are not real but work for politicians. You are one of those naking Rivers State insecure. Someone like Ikengawo or Afam4eva can meet me and then confirm if I'm real or not.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
BeijinDossier:
Shut up useless old man. I don't even live in PH, though a regular visitor to PH. I stay in Anambra, precisely Awka. You are cursed because you know that Ikengawo is in US and Afam4eva is in Lagos. You are a very poor miserable old man, you are still unmarried even at your old age. If you deny these two points, then let us meet at any location of of your choice in PH, preferably a public place. Stop diverting attention. I will be in PH on thursday to sign off our last batch of contractual payment for the PH-Pleasure Park delivery. Yes, we were one of the contractors that delivered the project.

Are you game? Choose any location of your choice in PH, I will come with just one person. You are free to come with a maximum of 2 persons.

[s][/s]

Chino if you knew me in real life you wouldn't suggest this your meeting. We simply can't meet because we belong to different strata in society. You work for people against your conscience for money while I dedicate my time to preach truth for free.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.