Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2393933 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
PDP was the first (and only) to see Ag. as a business and not a government works project or poverty alleviation scheme. This philosophy guided their programs of treating farmers like businessmen and giving them the connections necessary to grow their businesses. As a result, Ebonyi (also led by PDP) took advantage of the programs and tax benefits to outpaces nearly every state in rice production.

The new fiscal policy on rice - The Sun

The new fiscal policy on rice recently approved by the Federal Government as part of efforts to boost local production and investment in the rice value chain is a welcome initiative that should discourage unbridled importation and smuggling of rice into the country. It will also significantly boost food security. Currently, Nigeria is a net importer and major consumer of rice in Africa. Statistics from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture show that Nigeria spends N356 billion yearly on rice importation.

The rice policy, which has already been endorsed by President Goodluck Jonathan, is a review of the 2013 policy on rice importation that provided for 100 percent levy on imported rice, and 10 per cent Customs duty. Under the new policy, importation of husked brown and semi-milled or wholly milled rice will henceforth attract 10 percent duty rate with an additional 60 percent levy.

However, importers with verified backward integration projects like rice farms and milling capacity will now pay 10 percent duty and 20 percent levy. To ensure compliance with the new policy, the Federal Government, in a circular dated June 16, 2014, advised all importers with shiploads of rice awaiting clearance at the ports to clear their consignments upon the submission of a letter of indemnity to the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS). The indemnity, according to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is to allow all importers of rice to clear their consignments without attracting further demurrage.

For this policy to succeed, it needs sincerity of purpose and strong commitment of those responsible for its enforcement. Rice is an important staple food in Nigeria. It, therefore, needs adequate support for local production to meet consumers' needs.

We believe that with sufficient support in terms of fertilizers, agricultural machinery and improved seedlings, rice importation with its attendant drain on our foreign reserves can be reduced to the barest minimum. Nigeria can then, in a few years, achieve food security in rice production and reduce the rate of smuggling of the product into the country.

According to statistics, over three million tonnes of rice are currently smuggled into Nigeria every year. Nigeria should emulate countries that were once net importers of rice but have now achieved local rice sufficiency.

A good example of these countries is Indonesia, which has stopped rice importation, as it has reportedly been producing three million tonnes of rice per annum in the last three years. Also, China has achieved an astonishing 150 million tonnes per annum local rice production. One of the ways these three countries achieved these feats was through a significant reduction on duties and other ancillary levies imposed on local producers.

It is in this connection that we think that the 10 percent duty rate and 20 percent levy on importers with rice farms is high. The levy should be much lower. This is what governments of neighbouring countries such as Benin Republic and Cameroun have done to encourage local production and investment in the rice value chain. Rice farmers in states like Ebonyi and Ogun, who are known for production of local brown rice known as Fadama and Ofada respectively, have the capacity to meet a substantial percentage of the national requirement. What they need is sustained government policy support.

Altogether, we urge government to address the problems inhibiting local rice production.These include cost of credit, policy instability, dearth of necessary equipment and agro-chemicals, taxes and tariffs (both legal and illegal), decaying infrastructure, high interest rates and corruption-ridden-fertilizer distribution channels.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/152331/the-new-fiscal-policy-on-rice-the-sun.html
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

PDP internationalized Enugu Airport
PDP launched the Niger Delta Development Commission that effects Imo and Abia
PDP was the first to patronize Innoson
PDP didn't kill biafran protestors in the thousands
PDP didn't jail biafran journalists
PDP didn't line our streets with military
PDP launched the second Niger Bridge
PDP made Ihejirika the head of the military
PDP made Ebonyi a rice capital
PDP attracted investors to Nigeria many of which located to the SE
PDP put a university in Ebonyi
PDP revived the rail from Port to Enugu
PDP built and revived power plants in Aba and Alaoji
PDP built the onitsha river port
PDP fixed Onitsha-Owerri road
PDP rehabilitated Sam Mbakwe airport in Imo

Do you need more?
Also, your example of black americans sounds like someone that has never been to Aba talkless of abroad. Speak on what you know
This dude is a clown! Kindly stay fixed on your trapped comprehension IQ. For the last time, the problem with your region has nothing to do with a political party in office but your representatives and administrators who are not apt in politics. The Nigerian political arena is competitive, so your dunce leaders needs to know that. Political power is not given in Nigeria, it’s earned by strategically competing with the rest. Igbos should get over the loss of 2015 and forge alliance for a secured tomorrow. APC is not your problem, but the unity of your tribe and leaders.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
AKswift:

[s]This dude is a clown! Kindly stay fixed on your trapped comprehension IQ. For the last time, the problem with your region has nothing to do with a political party in office but your representatives and administrators who are not apt in politics. The Nigerian political arena is competitive, so your dunce leaders needs to know that. Political power is not given in Nigeria, it’s earned by strategically competing with the rest. Igbos should get over the loss of 2015 and forge alliance for a secured tomorrow. APC is not your problem, but the unity of your tribe and leaders.[/s]

How about your tribe and leaders? How pathetic are they that you're in an Igbo thread looking for news, development and updates? anyways welcome. grab a seat.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

How about your tribe and leaders? How pathetic are they that you're in an Igbo thread looking for news, development and updates? anyways welcome. grab a seat.
Do not be in hurry to jettison the truth that we created this forum. I will always be around to constructively critic your IPOD-way-of-thought if you go astray, please know that!

One love, buddy!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
AKswift:

Do not be in hurry to jettison the truth that we created this forum. I will always be around to constructively critic your IPOD-way-of-thought if you go astray, please know that!

One love, buddy!

lol you're even yoruba? Go to the Oshogbo thread. You're not welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
AKswift:

One love, buddy!

Oga, leave our thread for us

Go and create a thread for your region to show the world how your smart and hyper-intelligent leaders have developed it.

Mkpi!

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
AKswift:

One love, buddy!

IPOB leaders are more brilliant than the best of your leaders wherever you come from.

Igbos serve as buffers for your people in one Nigeria, if not, aboki would sweep your people away into the sea in one day from Nigeria, and occupy your lands and riches, but you do not respect Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
A man whose "yes" turns out to be "no," and whose "no" turns out to be "yes" - such a man is not fit to lead people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqlyhIxUMc

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Roofing of some blocks in the new IMSU College of Engineering Umuna, Onuimo.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2018
Abagworo:
Roofing of some blocks in the new IMSU College of Engineering Umuna, Onuimo.

Meanwhile Gov Okorocha set up a committee headed by Acho Ihim in Oct. 2016 to relocate Orlu zone's campus of IMSU, (IMSUTH), from Orlu to Owerri.

Abagworo, continue to advertise a mind plagued by greed and grudge. 10 more months to go.

Greed made Rochas Okorocha to set out to stifle IMSUTH, then set to trade IMSUTH with Owerri so that Owerri shall not question how Okorocha built his Private Eastern Palm University in his hometown while sitting as governor of Imo state.

Grudge would make Rochas Okorocha stage open warfare against Orlu area which voted him highest to become governor.

In the last 7 years, the 1.5 km road to the Imo state University Teaching Hospital (IMSUTH) Orlu, has remained like this.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestview: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
This was a genuine observation by a well known unbiased person who saw things the way it exposed it but animals like nnamdijonathan is not bothered that owerri is a mess. But this same i.diot will be jumping from one Anambra thread to another. Bastards

Afam4eva:
I just came back from Owerri and this time, i was opportune to comprehensively tour the city as well as some other parts of the state. We were taken to see some ongoing projects by the Governor, Rochas Okorocha, also accompanied by the Inspector General of Police. I visited the Rochas foundation for both African and Nigerian students. I also went to the newly built but ongoing Eastern Palm University. The road, to Orlu/Ideato is completely smooth save for a few spots and i think the Governor has done well in that regard. The police headquarters under construction will be one of the biggest in Nigeria when completed. I also commend the governor for that.

But I think i now have a complete understanding of what the problems in Owerri and Igboland is.

There's a problem of roads in Owerri even in the highbrow or popular areas. Take Control junction for example, there's no reason why that place shoud not have an excellent tarred road considering the fact that it's the gateway to Owerri if you're coming from the Onitsha axis. It's the same story in almost every part of the capital. Even the government house has it's own fair share of bad roads. How much more where you have FUTO and Nekede, especially where you have the poly. The road is extremely bad. Should we talk about Owerri inner streets, that despite the decent buildings have no roads whatsoever.

If any government wants to change Owerri forever, they should just focus on massive road construction in every nook and cranny of the capital.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ongoing underground car park in Owerri enters 4th floor. 2 storey under have been completed and the 3rd floor which is the 1st surface has also been completed.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Vicboi1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Abagworo:
Ongoing underground car park in Owerri enters 4th floor. 2 storey under have been completed and the 3rd floor which is the 1st surface has also been completed.
Nice but i have a question why is it that Rochas projects aren't solid

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Abagworo:

But haters said Okorocha was not constructing this park? Abagworo is too much, keep them coming.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
Vicboi1:

Nice but i have a question why is it that Rochas projects aren't solid

lol. Are his projects liquid or gaseous before? Let's wait for the park to be completed first before we judge the project.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
lol the truth is always paining you. He pointed out a fact but you got angry. Propaganda is over cheesy

nnamdijonathan:

lol. Are his projects liquid or gaseous before? Let's wait for the park to be completed first before we judge the project.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
lmo1stson:
lol the truth is always paining you. He pointed out a fact but you got angry. Propaganda is over cheesy

What does it profit you clonning my moniker just to spite my State Chino? Nobody disturbed your Anambra thread when your Governor commissioned a roundabout.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CsRockefeller(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
AKswift:

This dude is a clown! Kindly stay fixed on your trapped comprehension IQ. For the last time, the problem with your region has nothing to do with a political party in office but your representatives and administrators who are not apt in politics. The Nigerian political arena is competitive, so your dunce leaders needs to know that. Political power is not given in Nigeria, it’s earned by strategically competing with the rest. Igbos should get over the loss of 2015 and forge alliance for a secured tomorrow. APC is not your problem, but the unity of your tribe and leaders.

You are spot on my brother.
I'm from IMO state, and I can tell you that its suicide for Igbo's to jettison APC in 2019 and loose again. Rocha's is right, we don't have a unifying leader like Tinubu in d west, Kwankwaso in NE, among others.

We Igbo's must stop playing d victim and get involved in d kitchen while d dish is still being prepared.

If we fail to get our alliance right in 2019, that may just be d end of an Igbo presidency.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
Abagworo you are only dumb why did you clone my handle? I am only responding to your brother who has come to Anambra thread to show his anger over under development in imo state. Another thing that pained the guy was that your one legged governor commissioned a statue and brought VP from Abuja to commission it.

Imo1stson:

What does it profit you clonning my moniker just to spite my State Chino? Nobody disturbed your Anambra thread when your Governor commissioned a roundabout.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
lmo1stson:

Like as I said before, Anambra beats Imo state in all areas of development. I showed that to equally tell you that even in our rural areas we are balling. Golden Tulip in Anambra beats all the hotels in Imo state despite the fact that the only selling point of Imo state is brothels.

That was all i needed to know that this is another Chino

Really, I don't understand your obsession abi na madness about Imo State

Emere gi ya eme, biko?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by lmo1stson: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Your people are on Anambra thread so as am Imolite I decided to come here and rest.

SoNature:

Like as I said before, Anambra beats Imo state in all areas of development. I showed that to equally tell you that even in our rural areas we are balling. Golden Tulip in Anambra beats all the hotels in Imo state despite the fact that the only selling point of Imo state is brothels.

That was all i needed to know that this is another Chino

Really, I don't understand your obsession abi na madness about Imo State

Emere gi ya eme, biko?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
See the face of owerri. It will take it 100yrs to look good like Anambra

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
See the face of Owerri, where are billions okorocha borrowed?

Abagworo:
This bridge and road connects Lilu and Umudiana in Anambra State.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
CsRockefeller:

You are spot on my brother.
I'm from IMO state, and I can tell you that its suicide for Igbo's to jettison APC in 2019 and loose again. Rocha's is right, we don't have a unifying leader like Tinubu in d west, Kwankwaso in NE, among others.

We Igbo's must stop playing d victim and get involved in d kitchen while d dish is still being prepared.

If we fail to get our alliance right in 2019, that may just be d end of an Igbo presidency.

If you are really an Igbo guy as you claim, then you shame me

So, u feel that APC is a party a reasonable person should join with the way they have been having infighting and Buhari is steadily taking the country backwards?

The Igbos should form a strong opposition with PDP or APGA and demand what we deserve in the party.

APC at national level is a disappointment and a big disgrace

And Buhari is a monumental disaster

Mind you, I campaigned for Buhari in 2015

But that man has no business being in government

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Okoroawusa egbugo Imo state. See Owerri cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Owerri is all about propaganda. Afam thanks alot cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
SoNature:

If you are really an Igbo guy as you claim, then you shame me

So, u feel that APC is a party a reasonable person should join with the way they have been having infighting and Buhari is steadily taking the country backwards?

The Igbos should form a strong opposition with PDP or APGA and demand what we deserve in the party.

APC at national level is a disappointment and a big disgrace

And Buhari is a monumental disaster

Mind you, I campaigned for Buhari in 2015

But that man has no business being in government

Buhari is surely returning and we must ensure we play a leading role in his return. Imo is surely a landslide for Buhari but I pray other Igbo States key in.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
Is this the same owerri they kept hyping here cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by bestviewer: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
The same owerri township school they just finished collapsed cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.