Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2393112 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FKO81(m): 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
berem:
Chino,how did you know I mentioned your name? You're not smart o!
Anyway,back to the topic.
Believe me that guy is not Chino, he tried that in Anambra thread he didn't succeed he is here, the guy get agender please my people don't allow him to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
RareDiamonds:
Group Rates Imo Best State on Road Construction

By Anolu Vincent Senior Correspondent – Owerri

Imo has been voted the best state in road construction in the South East with its Joint Monitoring Committee recommended as a model in the attainment of quality roads through prudent management.

In its mid-term assessment report released in Enugu, a global performance group, “South East Democracy Watch (SEDW),” described the processes of award of contracts, monitoring and execution of roads in Imo State as the best not only in the South East but the entire federation.

National Coordinator of SEDW, Chief Emeka Nnamani, who read the report, disclosed that the 300 kilometres of asphalted roads in Imo were of the best quality, yet with “competitive cost”.

“We were amazed that while other governments were using between N40 million and N60 million to construct a kilometre of asphalted road, Imo used only N21 million and yet the quality is fantastic”, he submitted.

He said their investigation showed that the monitoring committee headed by Hon Stan Dara of Imo State House of Assembly was able to save the people of the state a whopping N12 billion from the exercise.

According to Nnamani, the activities of the committee had shown that when officials are diligent in the execution of their assigned roles, contractors always complied with laid down procedure.

Said he, “when we interviewed contractors, they confirmed that the committee members were always at their neck but that when once a job has been fully completed, payment was promptly made”.

He noted that the transparent manner the Stan Dara committee handled the road projects was responsible for the high quality job and speed with which they were executed.

He commended Gov. Rochas Okorocha for the wisdom in setting up the committee which he said has impacted positively on road construction in the state.

Chief Nnamani who said his group would write to other state governments in the South East to adopt the Dara committee as a model, urged the members to remain focused in their service to the people of the state.

He also announced that Anambra came second in the assessment, Enugu third, Ebonyi fourth while Abia came last.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/08/group-rates-imo-best-state-on-road-construction/
The bolded is a sick joke.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ikengawo:

Please stop being partisan and be rational. I was beginning to hold you in higher esteem until I saw your pathetic stunt in the Enugu thread and now this.

I'm going to say it again. It's barbaric and undemocratic to make a statue celebrate your own electoral victory. No matter the circumstances around it. I know most Nigerians aren't used to democratic thinking and thus it doesn't work well in our country but it's very despotic and outrageous to do this. If the people build one of you, that's fine, but if you build one in the glory of your own electoral victory it's not. You can like Rochas without pretending everything he does is just and right.

Again, if Obama, the first black president if a country built on slavery, made a statue to himself he would be impeached and the people would be outraged by such a despotic action. Why? because If you look at the people in the world today and recent history that have made statues to themselves

Mummar Ghaddaffi
Kim Jung Il and Kin Jung Un
Saddam Hussien
Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse Tsung
Vladmir Lenin
Rochas Okorocha

You will notice a pattern. Regardless of the circumstance of his election, it's a hideously barbaric and despotic act. I don't know why our people must be so crude and tactless in their bombast.

The only statue ever made of anybody in Imo State is that of Ojukwu at Hero Square. Dont out of being partisan deviate from reality. Okorocha has made neither statue nor billboard of himself for now. People like you and I are the ones that have tried to make some billboards in order to let others know they appreciate Okorocha. All you can see that depicts Okorocha is the phrase "Rescue Mission".

If you however know of any other please tell me. Lets take the popular one at Rockview for example

When the screaming headline came on almost all the local tabloids in Imo State: “Cona In Trouble For Allegedly Deceiving Okorocha Over Billboard,” I was standing side-by-side at a newsstand close to Concorde Hotel reading newspapers with a contractor who I believe must have tasted the rod of Governor Okorocha. After going through the paper, he then asked, “Can Cona deceive this man who knows the in and out of politics, and who also play a deceptive one?”Then, I furthered by knowing what really transpired between the duos. First, I started by reading the story line by line. It reads: “For allegedly deceiving Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State into believing that he constructed the giant billboard bearing his portrait in front of Rock-View Hotel (formerly Modotel) free of charge for the governor, the contractor, Prof Chinedu Asinu-Anosike popularly known as Cona, may be heading for trouble”.“The reason, according to sources from the office of Chief of Staff to the governor, Prince Eze Madumere is that Cona had some months ago allegedly misled the Chief of Staff to believe that he mounted the billboard as part of his support to his Rescue Mission government”. As part of his contribution? How can Prince Eze Madumere now suddenly become a man to be fooled? I mean, how can somebody make him believe that he situated the billboard, or secretly supporting the government led by Okorocha without making it open? At least the likes of Leo Stan-Ekeh who did theirs, we saw them presenting car keys to the governor on the paper. If we can reason this together we will find out that this is just a written script by someone who is buying favour from the boss, or someone who wants to pull the fellow down.Furthering, “one of the sources said the Chief of Staff went ahead to inform Governor Okorocha that Cona did the billboard for him resulting to the robust relationship, Prof Asinu-Anosike has been enjoying with the governor and COS without the latter knowing that Cona was paid by Rock-View Hotel management for the job. According to the source, “since the truth is known, it will be very difficult for Cona to get any contract again from the government.” Who is the source, and what could make Cona not to handle contract for the Imo State government again? Presently or in the past, people who have been following events in the State would agree that Cona has not done any printing job for the present government in the State, or has ever visited the government house for job solicitation, unlike the ones he did for Ex-governor Ohakim, and also doing for the Abia State government and other state governments he consults for; which also have his imprints boldly on them.

http://247ureports.com/?p=21942

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
abagoro:

The only statue ever made of anybody in Imo State is that of Ojukwu at Hero Square. Dont out of being partisan deviate from reality. Okorocha has made neither statue nor billboard of himself for now. People like you and I are the ones that have tried to make some billboards in order to let others know they appreciate Okorocha. All you can see that depicts Okorocha is the phrase "Rescue Mission".

If you however know of any other please tell me. Lets take the popular one at Rockview for example

You're not being honest. Calling you election win a liberation and building a statue to is is building a statue to your own election. This is madness and it's something that all dictators and uncivilized government elements through history have in common.

Ojukwu's statue was built by admirers after his death. Can you imagine the madness of Ojukwu building his own statue in life because he was eastern region premier?

Also, Okorocha is erecting his own billboards, nobody is even has the nerve to believe otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ikengawo:

You're not being honest. Calling you election win a liberation and building a statue to is is building a statue to your own election. This is madness and it's something that all dictators and uncivilized government elements through history have in common.

Ojukwu's statue was built by admirers after his death. Can you imagine the madness of Ojukwu building his own statue in life because he was eastern region premier?

Also, Okorocha is erecting his own billboards, nobody is even has the nerve to believe otherwise.

Election win and liberation can go hand in hand but it depends on situations. I personally made the interpretation of the statue though.

There is no statue of Rochas. Freedom Square is not Rochas Square and will outlive him. As for the billboards none has been done by Rochas. I personally did one and he does not know me. So have other people. I hope you read the link I posted last. The man that makes billboards who is a Professor known as Cona has not gotten contracts from Imo government under Okorocha. Owner of Rockview just did the billboard without consulting Okorocha or receiving any favor from him.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
abagoro:

Election win and liberation can go hand in hand but it depends on situations. I personally made the interpretation of the statue though.

There is no statue of Rochas. Freedom Square is not Rochas Square and will outlive him. As for the billboards none has been done by Rochas. I personally did one and he does not know me. So have other people. I hope you read the link I posted last. The man that makes billboards who is a Professor known as Cona has not gotten contracts from Imo government under Okorocha. Owner of Rockview just did the billboard without consulting Okorocha or receiving any favor from him.

You're only degrading your own intelligence by continuing this argument. Can you list the world leaders starting from 1900 till today that have built statues to their own political victories? List them and let that exercise speak for it's self. This is behavior that only happens in the subanimal kingdom and if you don't believe me name one democratically elected president and any of the worlds democracies that erected a statue to their election victory or themselves?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ikengawo:

You're only degrading your own intelligence by continuing this argument. Can you list the world leaders starting from 1900 till today that have built statues to their own political victories? List them and let that exercise speak for it's self. This is behavior that only happens in the subanimal kingdom and if you don't believe me name one democratically elected president and any of the worlds democracies that erected a statue to their election victory or themselves?

We are moving in circles. I was the one that interpreted the statue as a sign of freedom from shackles of cabal grip. It could as well have religious inclination.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
eaglechild:

The bolded is a sick joke.

WHY IS IT A JOKE ? IS BECAUSE IT IS NOT ENUGU ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ikengawo:

Bro, is the said statue a statue of Rochas? Has Rochas come out to say what the statue means? Just give abagworo a benefit of doubt that he interpreted the statue to mean that till we hear it straight from Rochas himself's or a credible source
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by abagoro(m): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
RareDiamonds:

WHY IS IT A JOKE ? IS BECAUSE IT IS NOT ENUGU ?

Not really. The reason why they were certified high is because the cost is very low compared with other States but yet the result encouraging. Very soon the Owerri/Orlu highway will be completed and I heard it is being done with direct labour under the commissioner of works at less than 3billion for the entire stretch of about 60km. In some States, 3billion will do 3km while in other prudent States it will do 10km but in Imo it is doing 60km dual carriageway with bridge.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
abagoro:

Not really. The reason why they were certified high is because the cost is very low compared with other States but yet the result encouraging. Very soon the Owerri/Orlu highway will be completed and I heard it is being done with direct labour under the commissioner of works at less than 3billion for the entire stretch of about 60km. In some States, 3billion will do 3km while in other prudent States it will do 10km but in Imo it is doing 60km dual carriageway with bridge.
depends on whether the work done on thr owerri orlu road is quality.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
UnknownT:
Bro, is the said statue a statue of Rochas? Has Rochas come out to say what the statue means? Just give abagworo a benefit of doubt that he interpreted the statue to mean that till we hear it straight from Rochas himself's or a credible source

It's a fact that imolites are made to celebrate Rochas Okorocha's election victory as 'liberation day'. Can you name a democratically elected leader that entertains this type of dictatorial barbarism? It's very sad and morally wrong.

Here at the square is a statue to someone's political career and you don't feel you state is being defaced and devalued? Can someone do this in Enugu talkless of the UK or US? It's a disgrace and it's very barbaric. The wrong message is sent and our democratic dispensation is compromised.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 4:35am On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
depends on whether the work done on thr owerri orlu road is quality.
Oga,
Which part are you from via imo state?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Agukagu(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2014
RareDiamonds:
Group Rates Imo Best State on Road Construction

By Anolu Vincent Senior Correspondent – Owerri

Imo has been voted the best state in road construction in the South East with its Joint Monitoring Committee recommended as a model in the attainment of quality roads through prudent management.

In its mid-term assessment report released in Enugu, a global performance group, “South East Democracy Watch (SEDW),” described the processes of award of contracts, monitoring and execution of roads in Imo State as the best not only in the South East but the entire federation.

National Coordinator of SEDW, Chief Emeka Nnamani, who read the report, disclosed that the 300 kilometres of asphalted roads in Imo were of the best quality, yet with “competitive cost”.

“We were amazed that while other governments were using between N40 million and N60 million to construct a kilometre of asphalted road, Imo used only N21 million and yet the quality is fantastic”, he submitted.

He said their investigation showed that the monitoring committee headed by Hon Stan Dara of Imo State House of Assembly was able to save the people of the state a whopping N12 billion from the exercise.

According to Nnamani, the activities of the committee had shown that when officials are diligent in the execution of their assigned roles, contractors always complied with laid down procedure.

Said he, “when we interviewed contractors, they confirmed that the committee members were always at their neck but that when once a job has been fully completed, payment was promptly made”.

He noted that the transparent manner the Stan Dara committee handled the road projects was responsible for the[b] high quality job and speed [/b]with which they were executed.

He commended Gov. Rochas Okorocha for the wisdom in setting up the committee which he said has impacted positively on road construction in the state.

Chief Nnamani who said his group would write to other state governments in the South East to adopt the Dara committee as a model, urged the members to remain focused in their service to the people of the state.

He also announced that Anambra came second in the assessment, Enugu third, Ebonyi fourth while Abia came last.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/08/group-rates-imo-best-state-on-road-construction/

What an amusing sarcasm. At the onset I was outraged by the title of the write-up but reading further I deciphered the acute sense of mockery of the author. The bolded depicts the satire that describes the poor construction works defacing our environment in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:28am On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
Oga,
Which part are you from via imo state?
obowu...any reason for the question?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2014
Ikengawo:

Please stop being partisan and be rational. I was beginning to hold you in higher esteem until I saw your pathetic stunt in the Enugu thread and now this.
I'm going to say it again. It's barbaric and undemocratic to make a statue celebrate your own electoral victory. No matter the circumstances around it. I know most Nigerians aren't used to democratic thinking and thus it doesn't work well in our country but it's very despotic and outrageous to do this. If the people build one of you, that's fine, but if you build one in the glory of your own electoral victory it's not. You can like Rochas without pretending everything he does is just and right.
Again, if Obama, the first black president if a country built on slavery, made a statue to himself he would be impeached and the people would be outraged by such a despotic action. Why? because If you look at the people in the world today and recent history that have made statues to themselves
Mummar Ghaddaffi
Kim Jung Il and Kin Jung Un
Saddam Hussien
Joseph Stalin
Mao Tse Tsung
Vladmir Lenin
Rochas Okorocha
You will notice a pattern. Regardless of the circumstance of his election, it's a hideously barbaric and despotic act. I don't know why our people must be so crude and tactless in their bombast.
I wonder who this Ikengawo is and what is his problem with an art work. Art works are symbolic and has been there for ages. Trying to sync or compare works of art with dictators to damage Okorocha's person is the greatest fallacy am reading this morning. My fellow nairalander Ikengawo if you are against Rochas politically please look for valid political points and leave blackmail because it won't lead you anywhere. It is only the foolish ones that may buy this idea. For the bill boards it's a universal thing during election era being a serious campaign strategy that does not violate the rules of the electoral body.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2014
Here is a statue of Obama the present USA President that was even stolen and later found with US tax payers money. And mind you there are several of them scattered all over the US and worldwide. So I keep wondering why Obama did not come to Ikengawo's mind on his attack on Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
obowu...any reason for the question?
No bro, I just wanna know.
You never snap anything from your side or does it mean that u don't normally travel back home?
At least the new rescue market at obowu.

Btw I have spent some time at obowu, strange town with strange cultural ceremony gringrin
You people have a market that normally function once a year and the market is located at the forefront of obowu forest shrine.
They said that gorilla reside inside the forest.
If not for fear, I would have enter the forest but seeing the deserted market that normally take place once a year and also seeing the big Ekwe there send some fear inside me.
Correct me if I am wrong abt the place but its what they told me an indigene.

I love adventure sha, and I will like to visit there again during the yearly ceremony.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
No bro, I just wanna know.
You never snap anything from your side or does it mean that u don't normally travel back home?
At least the new rescue market at obowu.

Btw I have spent some time at obowu, strange town with strange cultural ceremony gringrin
You people have a market that normally function once a year and the market is located at the forefront of obowu forest shrine.
They said that gorilla reside inside the forest.
If not for fear, I would have enter the forest but seeing the deserted market that normally take place once a year and also seeing the big Ekwe there send some fear inside me.
Correct me if I am wrong abt the place but its what they told me an indigene.

I love adventure sha, and I will like to visit there again during the yearly ceremony.
haha well i have not been there for quite sometime now...did not grow up in obowu(avutu) proper as i grew up in owerri...only visited albeit frequently though during christmas while growing up...i do not know if that market day you talked about is called egbe nkwu ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
haha well i have not been there for quite sometime now...did not grow up in obowu(avutu) proper as i grew up in owerri...only visited albeit frequently though during christmas while growing up...i do not know if that market day you talked about is called egbe nkwu ?
I can't remember the name of the market day.
I have visited many igbo villages and I don't even know the name of the particular village i stayed during my days at Obowu town.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
I can't remember the name of the market day.
I have visited many igbo villages and I don't even know the name of the particular village i stayed during my days at Obowu town.
well my village is about five to seven mins drive to that 'malaysia market'...i dont know about gorilla but i am sure you could encounter some colony of monkies and a leopard if you enter into any of those forest having seen the latter myself a few yrs ago.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
well my village is about five to seven mins drive to that 'malaysia market'...i dont know about gorilla but i am sure you could encounter some colony of monkies and a leopard if you enter into any of those forest having seen the latter myself a few yrs ago.
what? So leopard exist in Nigeria? What's your reaction and the action of that leopard? gringrin

This people say na only gorilla dey inside the forest and that gorilla is sacred.
Is monkey also sacred at Obowu just like it is at Akatta(one community at Oru east) and Awka?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
what? So leopard exist in Nigeria? What's your reaction and the action of that leopard? gringrin

This people say na only gorilla dey inside the forest and that gorilla is sacred.
Is monkey also sacred at Obowu just like it is at Akatta(one community at Oru east) and Awka?
leopard still exist oo...i saw it one night i was moving around obowu when my car headlight shone on it..i simply applied my brakes and looked on as it simply looked towards to car and then simply walked pass as it crossed the road around umunnachi village..i guess people hardly hunt them again to answer ogbuagu....monkeys are not an 'nso' in my village but who has time to go hunting them?nobody seems to do that any longer...highest na mgbada dem go hunt...leopards can actually leave close to human habitation as far as there are sizable forest and enough prey species like mgbada(and goats too)...they have an excellent way of avoiding man.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
leopard still exist oo...i saw it one night i was moving around obowu when my car headlight shone on it..i simply applied my brakes and looked on as it simply looked towards to car and then simply walked pass as it crossed the road around umunnachi village..i guess people hardly hunt them again to answer ogbuagu....monkeys are not an 'nso' in my village but who has time to go hunting them?nobody seems to do that any longer...highest na mgbada dem go hunt...leopards can actually leave close to human habitation as far as there are sizable forest and enough prey species like mgbada(and goats too)...they have an excellent way of avoiding man.
Do u care to ask if leopard really exist in Obowu cos seriously this is the first time I am hearing about that or maybe that leopard is some sort of black magic gringrin.
You know mbaise and Obowu are deadly when it comes to juju stuff.

If I did not went to school at awka, I wouldn't have believed we have crocodile in Nigeria.
My classmates who are from agulu/Nri gave me a stupid look the first time I said that crocodile didn't exist in Nigeria.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
Do u care to ask if leopard really exist in Obowu cos seriously this is the first time I am hearing about that or maybe that leopard is some sort of black magic gringrin.
You know mbaise and Obowu are deadly when it comes to juju stuff.

If I did not went to school at awka, I wouldn't have believed we have crocodile in Nigeria.
My classmates who are from agulu/Nri gave me a stupid look the first time I said that crocodile didn't exist in Nigeria.
taa mbaise and obowu juju?na lie oo...if you say being crafty then i fit gree....guy i know wetin be leopard be na lol..some elderly people confirmed that they exist around there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tabletman1: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
asha80:
taa mbaise and obowu juju?na lie oo...if you say being crafty then i fit gree....guy i know wetin be leopard be na lol..some elderly people confirmed that they exist around there.
Anyway sha,
Thank God I didn't enter the forest but to be sincere, I love the landscape of the forest with eat able fruits around itgringrin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
cooltone:
Here is a statue of Obama the present USA President that was even stolen and later found with US tax payers money. And mind you there are several of them scattered all over the US and worldwide. So I keep wondering why Obama did not come to Ikengawo's mind on his attack on Rochas.

So in your own brain, Obama made that statue of him smoking a cigarette and drinking sweet tea? chie.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
HILTON BERTHS IN THE EMERGING CITY OF OWERRI

Hilton Worldwide is planning to open a further two Hilton Garden Inn hotels in Nigeria, in the city of Owerri, and at Abuja Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport. Future growth is also expected to be fuelled with the unveiling of a new modular Hilton Garden Inn hotel build solution being introduced by the company for coming African projects. Patrick Fitzgibbon, senior vice president of development, Europe & Africa for Hilton Worldwide, said: “At Hilton Worldwide, we continually seek innovative ways to develop and operate our hotels, and our latest venture is no different. “Coupling this novel approach of modular design with the development prospects Africa presents, we are excited about the expansion opportunities of our portfolio on the Continent. As we gain further momentum in developing Hilton Garden Inn across the region, we believe that by offering this fast-paced construction solution, owners and investors will see returns more quickly whilst guests will continue to experience the quality and service of Hilton Garden Inn for which the brand is world renowned.” Patrick added.

Hilton Worldwide is showcasing the Hilton Garden Inn modular build prototype at Hilton Addis Ababa during the Africa Hotel Investment Forum 2014. Constructed in China by CIMC Modular Building Systems, modular guest rooms and hallways are built entirely in manufacturing plant conditions - leading to benefits of faster development, streamlined design, efficiencies of cost, as well as quality control assurances. The technology has already established itself in the UK, with various mid-market brands growing via modular build - Hilton Worldwide brings this solution to its strategic development market of Africa for Hilton Garden Inn, which currently has nine hotels under development, confirmed for locations including: Lusaka, Uyo, Lagos and Tanger. Paul Blackmore, Managing Director of CIMC Modular Building Systems said: “We are delighted to be working with Hilton Worldwide in Europe and Africa, and are looking forward to further introducing our unique concept to these key markets - which will assist with satisfying the increasing demand for good quality hotel rooms that are able to be delivered at a fast pace.”

Hilton Garden Inn Abuja Airport
Located approximately 1.5 kilometres from the airport terminal, the hotel will offer 220 guest rooms and will be operated under a management agreement with Oneplus Holdings Nigeria Ltd. Expected to open in Q2 2017; the hotel is the first property to be constructed in the vicinity of the airport some 36 kilometers from the center of Abuja. The hotel will offer 425 square metres of events space, a health club, as well as lounge, bar and grill restaurant.

Hilton Garden Inn Owerri
Expected to open in Q4 2017, the hotel will be located in central Owerri in a prime position for nearby corporate, government and education organizations. Offering 150 guest rooms, Hilton Garden Inn Owerri will be operated under a management agreement with a private investor. The hotel will offer various meeting spaces, as well as fitness centre and lounge, bar and all-day dining restaurant.

Adrian Kurre, global head, Hilton Garden Inn, said: “The growing pipeline of Hilton Garden Inn hotels in Africa demonstrates our ambition as a major player in the mid-market segment across the world. Our focus on offering affordable accommodation, with quality product and service, is demonstrated with the significant popularity of the award winning Hilton Garden Inn brand.”

As with all Hilton Worldwide hotels, guests in Abuja and Owerri will be eligible to earn Hilton HHonors points, gaining worldwide rewards at more than 4,000 hotels across the globe. Hilton HHonors is the only hotel rewards program that offers Points & Miles for the same stay and no Blackout Dates to redeem rewards.

Hilton Worldwide currently has 36 hotels operating across Africa, with a further 26 hotels under development - nine of those being Hilton Garden Inn hotels. The company’s most recent opening was DoubleTree by Hilton Zanzibar Stone Town, Tanzania. The longest serving Hilton Hotel in Africa is Hilton Addis Ababa, which opened as the first internationally branded hotel in the city in 1969.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breakingtravelnews.com%2Fnews%2Farticle%2Fhilton-plans-new-openings-in-africa%2F&ei=2NxHVNSOFuOu7AbG34CIDA&usg=AFQjCNENpFVeu5jiz3TyIanoZq_UebnU5w
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
^^^^ still more hotels for us, who did we offend grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
rochas is the new Nelson Mandela grin grin grin grin

anybody that told me our people are this cheap to succumb to brainwash, I will doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
I don't think rochas is the problem
the real problm is street urchins like Abagworo wbo sponsor billboards to praise the charlatan for using state moni to build culvert and call it bridge.

diaris god oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanbonattel: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
Abagworo is this not the culvert that separate old and new owerre,

culvert or bridge, na like this otber bridges amaech build in port Harcourt dey

and you are build billboard to praise rochas

na mock you dey mock am grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.