Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2394594 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (1018) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Rarediamond keep posting fairytales which will only remain on the pages of newspaper because there is nothing on the ground to support such wild claim. heheheh

THESE ARE NOT FAIRY TALES !!! IMO AIRPORT IS THE 4TH BUSIEST AIRPORT IN NIGERIA AFTER LAGOS, ABUJA AND PORT HARCOURT AND YOUR FALLACIOUS OPINION DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT. ALA IGBO IS ON THE MOVE !!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
It is not because I know and you know that there is nothing on the ground to justify such wild claim. That was an error made by NBS.

Ani Igbo on the move..hehehe

RareDiamond:

THESE ARE NOT FAIRY TALES !!! IMO AIRPORT IS THE 4TH BUSIEST AIRPORT IN NIGERIA AFTER LAGOS, ABUJA AND PORT HARCOURT AND YOUR FALLACIOUS OPINION DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT. ALA IGBO IS ON THE MOVE !!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
‘Low Fares Will Increase Number of Air Travellers’

07 Nov 2014

Font Size: a / A
554-Mohammed-Abdulsalam.jpg - 554-Mohammed-Abdulsalam.jpg

More Nigerians will prefer air travel to other means of transport if airlines bring down their fares. This was the opinion of the Managing Director of Discovery Air, Captain Mohammed Adbulsalami, when he spoke at the airline’s commencement of its Port Harcourt, Uyo routes from Lagos recently.

Presently about eight million Nigerians travel by air on domestic routes, which is less than one per cent of the nation’s population. This indicates that air travel is underdeveloped in the country.

According to Abdulsalami, Discovery Air is operating low fares to encourage more people to fly, noting that competition in the industry is not stiff.

He said Nigeria needs more airlines because existing airlines cannot meet the demand of travellers if more Nigerians chose to travel by air.

World Bank released a report in January this year, recommending 25 airlines for Nigeria which has about 170 million people.
The World Bank estimated that potential air travellers in the country would rise continuously and that existing airlines may not be able to meet the highly passenger movement within a short period of time.

The Discovery Air MD said: “We believe that if you make the flight affordable, more people will be encouraged to fly. It does not necessarily mean that you will not be getting enough revenue. We are trying to bring air travel closer to the people, to make it cheaper and affordable. The more the merrier. Nigeria is more than 170 million. I do not think we are too many. World Bank recommends about 25 airlines for this country.”

Abdulsalami, who spoke to newsmen before the official commencement of Lagos-Port Harcourt flights said top on the airline’s plan was also the start operations on Lagos-Owerri and Lagos-Yola routes, with both expected to commence early next year when the airline would have taken delivery of two additional aircraft to strengthen its existing fleet.

According to him, the airline will as part of its expansion strategy, also extend its operations to some select West African countries such as Dakar, Duala and Libreville by first quarter of 2015.

"Our Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) is for domestic operations and the regulators will have to watch us for a certain period before certifying us to commence regional operation and once we get the approval we will commence regional operations," Abdulsalami explained.

Recounting the major hurdles still confronted by airlines in Nigeria, Abdulsalami maintained that the high cost of aviation fuel which gulps as much as 40 per cent of operation cost still haunts the sector's growth.

He pointed out that multiple taxes imposed on airlines by government agencies was also another major challenge.
“As you know most operators have been complaining about fuel which takes about 40 per cent of the operating cost. We have also complained about taxes. Even Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) has officially complained this to the new Minister of Aviation. Even at the international level, IATA the International Air Transport Association (IATA) recognised that the industry is heavily over taxed here.

“That is some of the challenges we are facing plus the cost of getting money. As an appeal, may be government can intervene and give us soft loan to make it easier for us. It is very difficult for a Nigerian company to start an airline because nobody is willing to lease an aircraft for you. You will end up buying,” the MD said.

Abdulsalami said that government ought to give the domestic airlines financial support and monitor them to ensure they spend the funds on their operations.

“Alternatively, government should facilitate it that financial houses give airlines long term loans on single digit interest rate as airlines all over the world operate on very low margins,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-low-fares-will-increase-number-of-air-travellers-/193379/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
It is not because I know and you know that there is nothing on the ground to justify such wild claim. That was an error made by NBS.

HOW COME ALL THE AIRLINES IN NIGERIA ARE EXPANDING TO OWERRI TO MAKE PROFIT FROM HIGH PASSENGER VOLUMES ? THESE ARE UNDISPUTED FACTS THAT CORRESPOND WITH THE NBS STATISTIC.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rarediamon those report will remain only on the pages of newspaper, it can never see the light of the day because there is absolutely nothing on the ground to support such. Owerre is still a dull and economically undeveloped town, so what you are saying cannot work but remain on the pages of newspaper. Take my word.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rarediamond stop arguing with chino aka oneast...what he believes is irrelevant.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Hahahahahaha...Abagworo ya egbukwo nmadu ebea.
Let me engage you a bit....So,Imo has more economic activity than Anambra ?
Nigga,you sound very ignorant....Pulling stuff from your a...ss and throwing them around.
Do you think you are addressing your village umunna with no exposure?
If Imo has more economic activities then you have to show us why because something must be attracting people there. Maybe main market was just relocated to Owerri....I just found that out.....Onye ala!

The problem with you people is that you erroneously believe economic activities is only buying and selling or factory. Agriculture and tourism are also economic activities.

Before Okorocha Concorde hotel was running at a loss and supported with subsidy from State government but today it is independent and now has a competitor Rockview hotel which is so 5star by Nigerian standard. Concorde and Rockview which are 8 and 9 storey buildings are the biggest hotels of such highrise in the Southeast.

Hilton is equally building 2 new hotels in Nigeria with Owerri and Abuja as location.

http://www.hotelmanagement-network.com/news/newshilton-worldwide-open-two-new-hotels-nigeria-4391906

Hilton Worldwide has signed agreements to open two additional
Hilton Garden Inn hotels in Nigeria, with first to open in the city
of Owerri and second at Abuja Nnamdi Azikiwe International
Airport.
Hilton Garden Inn Owerri, slated to open in Q4 2017, will offer
150 guest rooms, various meeting spaces, as well as fitness
centre and lounge, bar and all-day dining restaurant.
Hilton Garden Inn Owerri will be operated under a management
agreement with a private investor.
Hilton Garden Inn at Abuja Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
will be located approximately 1.5km from the airport terminal.
The 220-room hotel, slated to open in Q2 2017, will be the first
property to be constructed in the vicinity of the airport. It will
be operated under a management agreement with Oneplus
Holdings Nigeria Ltd.
The hotel will offer 425m² of events space, a health club, as well
as lounge, bar and grill restaurant.
Adrian Kurre, global head, Hilton Garden Inn, said: "The growing
pipeline of Hilton Garden Inn hotels in Africa demonstrates our
ambition as a major player in the mid-market segment across
the world. Our focus on offering affordable accommodation, with
quality product and service, is demonstrated with the significant
popularity of the award winning Hilton Garden Inn brand."

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Arik Air To Schedule More Flights On Key Destinations

Arik Air will increase the frequency of its flights on the Lagos-Owerri route from twice to thrice daily while Abuja-Owerri will increase from once to twice daily.

“Similarly, the frequency of flights on the Abuja-Enugu route will increase to twice daily, Abuja-Calabar to twice daily and Lagos-Asaba to twice daily,’’ he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the airline had in the previous month, increased the frequency of its flight on some other key domestic routes.

These routes are the Lagos-Calabar, Lagos-Enugu, Lagos-Benin, Abuja-Benin, Lagos-Kano, Abuja-Kano, Abuja-Asaba and Abuja-Ibadan. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/business/394662/arik-air-schedule-flights-key-destinations-ahead-festive-season

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Clown show us the economic activities in Owerre outside commercial se.x hawking. Stop deceiving yourself Imo state has sunk so deep and needs surgery to get redeemed. It is only cheap brothels with cheap who.res that filled up entire Owerre. Entered Concord recently, it is a very dirty hote, even a friend saw bed-bugs on his bed own room. What a pathetic situation.

[quote author=Abagworo post=28900693]

The problem with you people is that you erroneously believe economic activities is only buying and selling or factory. Agriculture and tourism are also economic activities.

Before Okorocha Concorde hotel was running at a loss and supported with subsidy from State government but today it is independent and now has a competitor Rockview hotel which is so 5star by Nigerian standard. Concorde and Rickview which are 8 and 9 storey buildings are the biggest hotels of such highrise in the Southeast.

[quote]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Rarediamon those report will remain only on the pages of newspaper, it can never see the light of the day because there is absolutely nothing on the ground to support such. Owerre is still a dull and economically undeveloped town, so what you are saying cannot work but remain on the pages of newspaper. Take my word.

TOO LATE !!! THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED OPERATION WHILE MAKING RIGHT PROFIT FROM HIGH PASSENGER DEMAND. SINCE YOU WOULD BE GOING TO OWERRI SOON, GO TO THE SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELF MY BROTHER.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Stop deceiving yourself. Owerre airport is not different from any motor park. So you do not expect any extra plane to land in a state that is economically under-developed.

RareDiamond:

TOO LATE !!! THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED OPERATION WHILE MAKING RIGHT PROFIT FROM HIGH PASSENGER DEMAND. SINCE YOU WOULD BE GOING TO OWERRI SOON, GO TO THE SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT AND SEE THINGS FOR YOURSELF MY BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Clown show us the economic activities in Owerre outside commercial se.x hawking. Stop deceiving yourself Imo state has sunk so deep and needs surgery to get redeemed. It is only cheap brothels with cheap who.res that filled up entire Owerre.

Se.x hawking is part of signs of where the money is. Abuja, Lagos
, Port Harcourt, Owerri have that in common. Where there is bee, theres honey.

On the other hand we know the state endangered with HIV.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am in Akwa Ibom right now and I have learnt a lot. PDP is in trouble if the election is free and fair.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oh my good friend is here. hehehehe

Stop writing Owerre on the same page with PH, Lagos and Abuja. While these states have economic activities that drives their economy whereas Owerre has none but commercial se.x hawking as its sole economic activity. Owerre is a dead town without any reasonable economic activities but prostitution and you are proud. It is very horrible. heheheh

One cannot even think of raising a family in Owerre because if you do all your daughters will turn to prostitutes. Cheap girls all over your state. Horrible people.

Abagworo:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Stop deceiving yourself. Owerre airport is not different from any motor park. So you do not expect any extra plane to land in a state that is economically under-developed.

I can see you are still dreaming. Let me know when you wake up from lala land
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Am out!
Adios!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nothing dey happen.

Meanwhile make una brace up because am touring Imo state next week to bring real time pictures. hehehehe

Onye agba kwa na oso..hehehe

RareDiamond:

I can see you are still dreaming. Let me know when you wake up from lala land
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
Meanwhile PDP is already in shambles in Imo State as whoever they field is sure of losing.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
Abagworo:

to be honest this your comment makes absolutely no sense

As an owerri guy let us not deceive ourselves

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Nothing dey happen.

Meanwhile make una brace up because am touring Imo state next week to bring real time pictures. hehehehe

Onye agba kwa na oso..hehehe

As you tour Owerri next week you can make use of the Imo Tour bus in order to get clearer view. Don't be surprised by the "2 level seater bus" that is how far Imo State have upgraded. These kind of tour bus are mainly used in European cities.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Abagworo:
I am in Akwa Ibom right now and I have learnt a lot. PDP is in trouble if the election is free and fair.
I wanted someone to confirm this and you just did.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kingsley1000(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Chino no go der o!...Owerri fine pass onitsha...and more developed than awka..just came bk from owerri yesterday,i must confess,the city is outstanding,unique and large...am from anambra,aint being sentimental...
Onitsha/nnewi and aba are commercial cities,while enugu,owerri and"young"awka and umuahia are administrative cities...and you know the characteristics of the both cities(administrative seem to be more planned and serene)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
U dont get d point. Besides I know d town there nothing there to talk about except u know..... What we are saying why is Imo state economically under developed? I dont care about d shabby roads and ugly old houses.

Kingsley1000:
Chino no go der o!...Owerri fine pass onitsha...and more developed than awka..just came bk from owerri yesterday,i must confess,the city is outstanding,unique and large...am from anambra,aint being sentimental...
Onitsha/nnewi and aba are commercial cities,while enugu,owerri and"young"awka and umuahia are administrative cities...and you know the characteristics of the both cities(administrative seem to be more planned and serene)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
U dont get d point. Besides I know d town there nothing there to talk about except u know..... What we are saying why is Imo state economically under developed? I dont care about d shabby roads and ugly old houses.

Mr Man. IMO STATE BOAST OF MANY BEAUTIFUL ROADS,LUXURY APARTMENTS AND BUILDINGS.

When you get to Owerri, go to the eccumenical center and ask God to forgive you for all your numerous sins.

Below are pictures of Imo Eccumenical Center, Owerri, Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
Keep regurgitating the same shabby building over and over..hehehe

RareDiamond:

Mr Man. IMO STATE BOAST OF MANY BEAUTIFUL ROADS,LUXURY APARTMENTS AND BUILDINGS.

When you get to Owerri, go to the eccumenical center and ask God to forgive you for all your numerous sins.

Below are pictures of Imo Eccumenical Center, Owerri, Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Abagworo:

For you to claim schools are in decay is falsehoid for a State that built over 300 schools. Imo today is the 2nd most developed State in the East after Rivers State. This was achieved in less than 4 years without large funds and without FG assistance. Owerri airport is now the 4th busiest in the country after Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja. If we are not developing rapidly why are economic and tourism activities more now in Owerri than other States in the East outside Rivers?

Please saTANist we have seen your thread and the ugly, dirty and red pictures everywhere. We even saw people's houses and those Igbotic houses that can only be found in our alternate cities like Orlu which is like your State capital from every indication. I am touring the East and I am in Akwa Ibom right now seeing the level if decay and poverty. I will sure be in your State soon to also ascertain the level of decay and poverty. God bless Nigeria.

Oga hapu Onye a.

Imo is very much better now, very soon with Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Abia will follow suit.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
B2mario:

Oga hapu Onye a.

Imo is very much better now, very soon with Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Abia will follow suit.
which okezie ikpeazu?I do not think you are actually passionate about abia's development

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
oneeast:
Keep regurgitating the same shabby building over and over..hehehe

HONESTLY, YOU NEED JESUS CHRIST TO SAVE YOU FROM SINS
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Schematics: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
I think you need to preach to your brother abagwo also..

RareDiamond:

HONESTLY, YOU NEED JESUS CHRIST TO SAVE YOU FROM SINS
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ihedioha Promises Imo Free Education

By Our Reporter on December 15, 2014 Trending

FROM GEORGE ONYEJIUWA,OWERRI

Deputy Speaker of the House of Rep­resentatives and the Peoples Demo­cratic Party, PDP governor­ship candidate in Imo State, Hon Emeka Ihedioha, has promised Imo citizens free and qualitative education if elected next year.

Delivering a lecture titled, “The legislature as an instru­ment of a social change” at the Champion Better Society lecture series held in Owerri, the state capital, Ihedioha said that he would not only make education free but the poor performance of the students in examinations would be re­versed.

According to him, “If I am elected Governor of Imo State, education will be quali­tative. We will reverse the recent poor result of Imo in­digenes in WAEC and NECO Examinations.

“In the 2013 WAEC exami­nation, Imo State scored an average of 46%, “whereas our neighboring states of Anam­bra and Abia scored 67% and 65% respectively.

This is unacceptable and must be reversed for the sake of the future of our children” he said.

He disclosed that the pro­posed constitution amend­ment makes basic education not just free and compulsory but a constitutional right We believe that free education should not be a political gim­mick”.

As part of achievements of the current legislature, he said amendments of section 25 of the 1999 Constitution, which addresses the indigene/settler conflict which has continued to plague Nigeria because of its heterogeneous com­position, would foster unity among Nigerians.

“This amendment will foster cooperation and unity among Nigerians to a point where Nigerians are consid­ered based on who they are and their contribution to the society, rather than where they come from,” he noted.

Ihedioha said that the transfer of two items: Right to free Primary and Mater­nal Health Care Services and Right to free Basic Education from Chapter 2 of the Con­stitution on the Fundamen­tal Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy to Chapter 4 on Fundamental Human Rights was a land­mark achievement, which when eventually enacted, would bolster the Human De­velopment Index of Nigeria by ensuring that citizens are granted access to basic Health and Education facilities.

On security, he said in re­sponding to security which has remained a major challenge in the country, the National As­sembly, had passed numerous resolutions and initiated many bills to address the security challenges in the country, cit­ing the Terrorism (Prevention) Act Amendment Bill 2012, the State of Emergency Proclama­tion and its 3 extensions.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95458
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kingsley1000:
wink
Kingsley1000:

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (1018) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.