Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:37 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2371206 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1012) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Abagworo: Some

^^^I see so much potential in the 1st and 2nd pics (i think they're the same- day and night shots); if only our high networth brothers and sisters could think of home first when looking to invest. One or a consortium of them could build a world class real estate in that open land, or the state gov't could turn the place into a nice 'green' park with little ponds, walkways and clusters of trees/shrubs, to give the city a good ambience and 'lungs' to breath.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
Rockview Hotel, Owerri and some roads in New Owerri.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
More:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
I can't wait for these guys to finish their road works that seem to be going on forever; i understand lazy contractors (still stuck in the past) may be part of the problem here, so the state gov't should threaten them with court action if need be, so they can hurry the fuc/k up angry.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I see so much potential in the 1st and 2nd pics (i think they're the same- day and night shots); if only our high networth brothers and sisters could think of home first when looking to invest. One or a consortium of them could build a world class real estate in that open land, or the state gov't could turn the place into a nice 'green' park with little ponds, walkways and clusters of trees/shrubs, to give the city a good ambience and 'lungs' to breath.

That is the space for the 23 storey building hotel that is in court between Owerri natives and Imo State government. Its a no go area.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Abagworo:

That is the space for the 23 storey building hotel that is in court between Owerri natives and Imo State government. Its a no go area.

^^^Oh i see! The problem with Nigeria.....'na my papa land be that!'.

A third (independent) party should determine the cost/compensation due, and the 'owners' should be compensated accordingly; unless there's more to the issue than that ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Oh i see! The problem with Nigeria.....'na my papa land be that!'.

A third (independent) party should determine the cost/compensation due, and the 'owners' should be compensated accordingly; unless there's more to the issue than that ?

That land has always been government land but you know the normal problems with urbanization.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
More: Oguta lake

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
More:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More:

Did you visit Oguta? I've not gone home recently but when I post pictures of Oguta after Xmass many people will be astonished. Oguta is like a high brow area in any city. We also have a standard golf course and gulf club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Abagworo:

Did you visit Oguta? I've not gone home recently but when I post pictures of Oguta after Xmass many people will be astonished. Oguta is like a high brow area in any city. We also have a standard golf course and gulf club.

^^^Last time i was there was ages ago; the pics are the ones i found in my 'Imo' folder, and the one you're refering to is of the golf course (though the grass looks to be in need of a good trim undecided).

What most of our cities/towns need -in the interim- is just a few cosmetic touches, and they'd look as good as new.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 3:24am On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 14, 2012
Very ghetto looking
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 3:27am On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 3:31am On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2012
I was in owerri recently...rochas has really making some serious effort...i love the method of school block construction...they pre-cast the walls. hope he continues this way till second term.

Buh why is he building many hotels?
...adding to existing many...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MajeOfficial: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2012
Owerri has a special place in Nigeria as a place where Hotels will flourish. It's in between major business cities (Onitcha, Enugu, Asaba, PH, Aba) all of which except Enugu lack quality hotels.
On top of that Imo state returnees are a huge source of income. If Imo is meant to be a tourist spot so be it. I hope he's adding attractions along side these hotels.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LordNaya: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2012
@ and Ikengawo pls post more pictures of owerri. Indeed Owerri is a very beautiful city, indeed imo state state is one of the leading areas in africa and the brightest star in West Africa. Pls more pictures.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2012
But there aren't much tourist attractions for now. Unless he plans to focus on such after the hotels. I know about his project in oguta lake,but am not yet impressed with the work done so far.

A modern railway system connecting owerri to ph will be of immense economic benefit to both cities,'cause alot of people would want to live in relatively peaceful city of owerri and work in industrialised ph city.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by fagin1982(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ohakim replies Rochas: ‘I left N13.5bn for completion of Oguta Wonder Lake project’

Former governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedim Ohakim has said out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project.

In the wake of the highly publicised plans by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State to probe Ohakim, more disturbing revelations are finding their way to public domain. Apparently unmoved, the former governor of the state made the disclosure yesterday during the public presentation of the book, “Democracy by military tanks” written by Dr. Ethelbert Okere.

He tasked Governor Rochas Okorocha on transparency and integrity. Ohakim stated that out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project. Said he: “Last week when I paid a visit to the site of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, I was shocked to find the place overgrown by weeds and the N13.5billion no where to be found.”

He informed the audience that a similar project was started by Governor Godswill Akpabio’s predecessor, yet Akpabio completed it and the same facility had given work to over 3000 natives of the state. “Landmark projects and initiatives must not be allowed to suffer on the altar of primitive politics.” The book presentation was well attended by political bigwigs, royal fathers and women groups in the state. DAILYSUN
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ngwakwe: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
He borrowed after emptying the treasury.

Did he also kept a sum for repayment and debt servicing?

Ohakim, thanks for the information. Now we know better.

fagin1982: Ohakim replies Rochas: ‘I left N13.5bn for completion of Oguta Wonder Lake project’

Former governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedim Ohakim has said out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project.

In the wake of the highly publicised plans by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State to probe Ohakim, more disturbing revelations are finding their way to public domain. Apparently unmoved, the former governor of the state made the disclosure yesterday during the public presentation of the book, “Democracy by military tanks” written by Dr. Ethelbert Okere.

He tasked Governor Rochas Okorocha on transparency and integrity. Ohakim stated that out of the N18billion bond obtained from the capital market and tied to the construction of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, N13.5billion was left behind by his administration for the completion of the project. Said he: “Last week when I paid a visit to the site of the Oguta Wonderlake Resort, I was shocked to find the place overgrown by weeds and the N13.5billion no where to be found.”

He informed the audience that a similar project was started by Governor Godswill Akpabio’s predecessor, yet Akpabio completed it and the same facility had given work to over 3000 natives of the state. “Landmark projects and initiatives must not be allowed to suffer on the altar of primitive politics.” The book presentation was well attended by political bigwigs, royal fathers and women groups in the state. DAILYSUN
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Malawian(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
this anambra - imo bickering did not start on nairaland. it is probably ingrained in the two groups. back at ekpoma, we had to get some igbo lecturers to help calm the rancor. it all started with the eze ndi igbo title. the two contestants were of imo and anambra origins. after the imo students have finish voting, while anambra students were still voting, some imo student thugs went and snatched the ballots thereby, rendering the election inconclusive. it was a real problem as there was no heirachy then. the next thing we know, we came to our I.S.A (igbo students association) meeting, to realise that some of my unscrupulous anambra power grabs has changed the name to ''oha na eze''. imo students will not have any of it. it was a problem also when we were to contribute for the welcomming party we usually host for new student. long and short, before long, we had divested from the general group which had even students of delta and rivers origins to anambra student assoc, imo students assoc and so on. one thing i never forgot was when we were doing our meeting as anambra students assoc, if we were donating money for anything, we will suffix our donations with '' ihe a aburo ogbako ndi imo '' grin grin grin .
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Very ghetto looking

^^^I beg your pardon!? angry

Care to show us pics of Ekiti?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I beg your pardon!? angry

Care to show us pics of Ekiti?

Bros, why you dey blow grammar to reply a certified mad man? That ediot Ileki-idi has refused to take his medications for a while.

If Owerri is ghetto, let him produce evidence that ANY southwest slums they call city is more beautiful than Owerri.grin grin grin
I hope the ediot knows that Lagos is not a south west city nor state.Lagos was the capital of Nigeria until very recently 1991 and has remained the commercial capital since then. Thus the Federal government mindlessly spent the resources derived from other parts of the country to develop our Federal Capital, Lagos.
Lets enjoy this thread and ignore the tribal ediot as he was ignored in the Enugu thread.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
Malawian: this anambra - imo bickering did not start on nairaland. it is probably ingrained in the two groups. back at ekpoma, we had to get some igbo lecturers to help calm the rancor. it all started with the eze ndi igbo title. the two contestants were of imo and anambra origins. after the imo students have finish voting, while anambra students were still voting, some imo student thugs went and snatched the ballots thereby, rendering the election inconclusive. it was a real problem as there was no heirachy then. the next thing we know, we came to our I.S.A (igbo students association) meeting, to realise that some of my unscrupulous anambra power grabs has changed the name to ''oha na eze''. imo students will not have any of it. it was a problem also when we were to contribute for the welcomming party we usually host for new student. long and short, before long, we had divested from the general group which had even students of delta and rivers origins to anambra student assoc, imo students assoc and so on. one thing i never forgot was when we were doing our meeting as anambra students assoc, if we were donating money for anything, we will suffix our donations with '' ihe a aburo ogbako ndi imo '' grin grin grin .
This is really a sad trend. I hope a law will be passed to stop Ndi Anambra and Imo from contesting any elective Igbo position grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LordNaya: 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ please post more pictures. Lets ignore ethnic bigots and unreasonable supremacist Igbos. ONYE SHI NA, ALA OWERE ARIYA MMA, YA VURU NGWONGWO YA LAKPOO MAKA ALAIMO STATE AMALAMMA. HO HA!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by norabenok: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Imo state, Dec. 25, 2012.
Folks, Rochas Okorocha led government focuses only on speedy completion of development projects in Owerri alone; other areas in Imo state - Okigwe, Orlu - are heavily suffering dust, ugly sites of partially knocked down houses, blocked roads/drains, cut electricity supplies, further under development, go-slow/endless construction works. Economic activities in the once booming cities of Okigwe and Orlu have been paralyzed for more than a year now. Mass emigration from Okigwe and Orlu to the state capital and other cities is ongoing. There is more than the ordinary eye can see.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Not2bee: 12:39am On Dec 26, 2012
when i come on this nl and see pple praise rochas i get confused.i will start wit some of the claimed progrms.Free education,u hv to spend close to15k for table nd chair,sch unifm,books etc wit exceptn of sch fees in the free educatn.Road dualiztn,orlu to owrri is a joke.infact frm ama banana to ow is a death trap,nothin has been done on it since after scrapg the sides.okigwe axis u don't want pass thr durg rainy season or flood wii swallow u nd the car.mbaise road too narrow.Security,all entrance to ow strts is abandon pillers dat was to serve as security post.Ruralroads whr only brushed wit catapillers wit the promise of after the rain since last yr.i guess is still raing in imo state.Health care,some abandon block works in most of the Lga i visited.Employment,u want to c all color of uniform come to imo,no single industry,yah standard shoe close to my house beautiful outside noting is happng thr,hw many of thr products do u c in the mrkt.Tourism,i know hotels compliments it,when its not well regulated the aim becomes defeatd, that is what ow has become.the imorality is so high.u hav bars ,clubs,hotels in residential areas.not the ow we all knew.concord hotel is only 5star on papers.Childrn park u will be disappnted,most of the childrn play things re broken down,reason inferior,poor managmnt,instullg last things first for propaganda seek.Lastlg white elephant projects which has no bearg on the larger populatn.For me rochas =Gej all full off promises.pls forgiv my mistakes am typiny frm my phone
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ikeyman00(m): 12:45am On Dec 26, 2012
^^^^oya abagworo over to u

tell us wat happenning
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 2:44am On Dec 26, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^oya abagworo over to u

tell us wat happenning

Unfortunately I'm not a Rochas apologist nor did I travel. However what the guy wrote shows that he is either being mischievous or sponsored. The Owerri/Orlu road has no single bad spot from Owerri to Orlu. The Mbaise road is not so bad. Okigwe road is good up till Akabo where the road has degenerated but bear in mind that these roads are federal roads. I therefore commend the FG for the good state of federal roads in Imo with only 3 exceptions which are Owerri-Okigwe, Ihiala-Orlu-Anara and Owerri-Aba . Owerri-PH is under construction and is ok.

People do not know the difference between tuition-free and payless education. It means that Government pays for the lectures and teachers up keep but you still pay for some other non-tuition requirements like textbooks and boarding fees.

Imo State is not as rich as Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States, so I already made it clear much earlier that if after 5years Amaechi and Akpabio have not completed half their State roads, I don't see any miracle that will make Imo complete theirs in less than 4 years. I never expected the quality of Rivers roads in Imo. Maybe Akwaibom and Enugu quality is achievable only in Owerri urban. I also expect some borroings from the Government. Even Rivers, Lagos and Akwaibom are borrowing inspite of high income.

I'll score Rochas around May of 2013 if some of his infrastructural plans are materialized. If you check Amaechi/Fashola/Akpabio by 2008 December, you'll understand what I mean.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ikeyman00(m): 3:06am On Dec 26, 2012
^^^ok

make sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (1012) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: okeyfineboy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.