Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. (3909 Views)

The Differences Between The IMF And The World Bank / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler / 20 Things The Rich Do Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
You might say that the rich have lots of money while poor and average people don’t. Hmm. Although that’s usually the case, I believe it’s not the main reason why some people are rich while some people are poor.

Do you know what I think? Well, I believe that the main difference between the rich and the poor is how much they spend. The rich spends less than what they earn while the poor spends more.

Another thing is "PRIORITIES" of the poor, the middle-class and the rich.
Here are the priorities of the poor and the middle-class in order of importance:
1. To be secure
2. To be comfortable
3. To be rich

Hmm. .that of a rich man is just a reverse order!
1. To be rich
2. To be comfortable
3. To be secure

There is a mistake in the myth that the rich are unhappy (lol). Since when did having money ever cause a man to be sad?
We really have to change our mental attitude towards the rich (Dangote and the likes) and gaining wealth. What are the most important things to you in order of priority. One of the reasons 10% owns 90% of the wealth is because 90% of the people choose comfort (3 square meals) and security over being rich.

The list is endless. But I wish to hear your views..
How can you differenciate the 3-tiers?. .perhaps some of us can start working towards getting rich by changing our attitude asap.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by legalwealth(m): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
Great writeups...
You said it all...I await other people responses ASAP.

acidosis™:
You might say that the rich have lots of money while poor and average people don’t. Hmm. Although that’s usually the case, I believe it’s not the main reason why some people are rich while some people are poor.

Do you know what I think? Well, I believe that the main difference between the rich and the poor is how much they spend. The rich spends less than what they earn while the poor spends more.

Another thing is "PRIORITIES" of the poor, the middle-class and the rich.
Here are the priorities of the poor and the middle-class in order of importance:
1. To be secure
2. To be comfortable
3. To be rich

Hmm. .that of a rich man is just a reverse order!
1. To be rich
2. To be comfortable
3. To be secure

There is a mistake in the myth that the rich are unhappy (lol). Since when did having money ever cause a man to be sad?
We really have to change our mental attitude towards the rich (Dangote and the likes) and gaining wealth. What are the most important things to you in order of priority. One of the reasons 10% owns 90% of the wealth is because 90% of the people choose comfort (3 square meals) and security over being rich.

The list is endless. But I wish to hear your views..
How can you differenciate the 3-tiers?. .perhaps some of us can start working towards getting rich by changing our attitude asap.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
legalwealth: Great writeups...
You said it all...I await other people responses ASAP.

am also waiting
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by legalwealth(m): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
acidosis™:

am also waiting

Let us keep our finger crossed but I think that we can get more responses if MOD can move the topic to the frontpage.

What do you think bout that cuz it gonna be more interesting and educative that way.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
^ ^ definitely!! I think I have some other key points to share..
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by austinsmat(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
the reason rich getting richer is that rich goes goes for asset why middle class goes for liability for temporary happiness why poor will remain poor by sees richers as as gold digger
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2012
^ ^ some people may not know the true definition of asset and liability.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by greatgod2012(f): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:
^ ^ some people may not know the true definition of asset and liability.

assets helps to make more money, while liability takes away money asset helped to make.
I try to simplify it as easy as i could. Hope i try?
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
^ ^ over try!!

In addition an individual's house is not an asset, although bank permits people to enlist it as such. In fact, a house is a liability. "During hard times assets feed you, and liabilities eat you" "liabilities as defined by Robert Kiyosaki are,: "anything that takes money out of your pocket"; while assets, are "properties that bring money into your pocket." Therefore a house you live in that cost you money is a liability, but a rental property (tenancy) that produce positive income (House rent) is considered to be an asset.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by greatgod2012(f): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:
^ ^ over try!!

In addition an individual's house is not an asset, although bank permits people to enlist it as such. In fact, a house is a liability. "During hard times assets feed you, and liabilities eat you" "liabilities as defined by Robert Kiyosaki are,: "anything that takes money out of your pocket"; while assets, are "properties that bring money into your pocket." Therefore a house you live in that cost you money is a liability, but a rental property (tenancy) that produce positive income (House rent) is considered to be an asset.

yes, i got d clue from Robert Kiyosaki's poor dad, rich dad.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
greatgod2012:

yes, i got d clue from Robert Kiyosaki's poor dad, rich dad.

That book is a must read. .even though some of the principles highlighted are getting old.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by greatgod2012(f): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:

That book is a must read. .even though some of the principles highlighted are getting old.

u can say dt again!!!!
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by osca123(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Robert Kiyosaki's work in rich dad poor dad changed my thinking about money. Money is good it makes life wonderful.
Its more beautiful when you work less,but the money keeps increasing. Rents, bonuses, commission etc

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by kay29000(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
Yea, the poor and middle class dont want to take risk, so they remain caged with wanting to be secure and stay on that level.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
Acidosis i agree with you on the points that deals with spending.The poor have to make a decision on what to spend their money on- food, drugs, etc, the middle class people are bigger spendthrifts than their wealthy counterparts while the rich are better savers because they make decisions on which commodity to speculate on and which loopholes in the tax laws to take advantage of so that they will pay less taxes then the middle class and the poor do.

Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
So far I've learnt alot and yes. .I agree with the "risk" factor
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by biz1234: 1:38am On Sep 23, 2012
The way they think and act is the major difference between them all. As you think and act, so you become. The rich is positive and daring, while the others are the direct opposite.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by GlobalVisionSA: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
Fact: 95% of the population retire poor.
Fact: People believe that u have to go to school and word HARD for money get rich.

WRONG!!!!
Rich people don't work hard for money, their money works hard for them while sleeping. They think and implement unlike the "poor man's mentality" they believe that investing, trading, actually everything is a risk!!
I mean, what's that. The youngest millionaire in my country (SA) is 26yrs old and he's from a disadvantaged background. He has done that though trading internationally while at home.
Guess wat, I resigned and started trading. Everybody was against it including my family but I don't regret coz I'm haPpy and financially free. If u have money, u r happier (experience).

In SA there's a training company that trains people on how trade in US dollar while in yo home town. People pretend as if they don't know the company because they ignorance but once u get rich, the same ignorant, poor people hate u!!!

To get rich, read rich people's books, ask questions and take risks.
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice one!

I'll love to attend that training.
Same her in Nigeria, people organises lots of training/seminar both offline and online while some just assume everything is SCAM.

And I love this part
If u have money, u r happier (experience).
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by sellydion: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2012
For me your house is an asset. A very good one at that. When you consider opportunity cost of not owning one. You will understand. Having your own house make risk taking better. At least you wont have Landlord asking you to park out!
Re: Differences Between The Poor, Middle-class & The Rich. by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2012
sellydion: For me your house is an asset. A very good one at that. When you consider opportunity cost of not owning one. You will understand. Having your own house make risk taking better. At least you wont have Landlord asking you to park out!
somehow it is.. but not always especially when you have more than one "residential" building". One in P/H, another in Lagos..

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Nigerian Firms To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra / My Paypal Can't Accept UBA AFRICARD. HELP! / Buyers Of Pet Plastic Bottle In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.