Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Competing With Neighbours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Competing With Neighbours (4581 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Competing With Neighbours by babeface3: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
Whats your experience when your neighbour who competes with you in things you possess. I had a neighbour who would buy a new pair of boxers the next day after finding a new one on my waist. Was wondering what he would do if I bought a private jet. grin
Re: Competing With Neighbours by slimyem: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
That's just plain childish....
Never had any reason to compete with any neighbour so far and never will!
Even if my neighbour were to be competing with me,i won't even know it.I'm too busy for nonsense!
Re: Competing With Neighbours by SisiKill1: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
Errr. . .what. . .what are y'all doing that he can see your boxers, let alone know when it is new?! lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
^^^Because many Nigerian men wear one pair of boxers for a year. lipsrsealed So how won't they know when he buys a new one.lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Competing With Neighbours by slimyem: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
stillwater: ^^^Because many Nigerian men wear one pair of boxers for a year. lipsrsealed So how won't they know when he buys a new one.lipsrsealed
lmao..cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
Its witchcraftry. Some would approach you angrily 1 for not telling them about your newly acquired gadget.

1 : jokingly
Re: Competing With Neighbours by SisiKill1: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
stillwater: ^^^Because many Nigerian men wear one pair of boxers for a year. lipsrsealed So how won't they know when he buys a new one.lipsrsealed

Rotflmaooooo!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2012

that makes it 2 boxers now! but abeg e never still make sense for a whole year.. grin grin
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
op, didn't they tell you bonking your neighbour is not it?
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Errr. . .what. . .what are y'all doing that he can see your boxers, let alone know when it is new?! lipsrsealed

Re: Competing With Neighbours by tpia5: 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
i think humans have a subconscious habit of surreptitiously or openly copying others.

but when it comes to buying the same underwear as your neighbour- dont know about that.

I'd move.

and @ op

how does your neighbour know when you're wearing new boxers. And how do you know when your neighbour is wearing his own boxers.

why are you guys (?) checking out each other's underwear?
Re: Competing With Neighbours by dayokanu(m): 4:33am On Sep 22, 2012
Na wa ooo.
Re: Competing With Neighbours by greatgod2012(f): 6:25am On Sep 22, 2012
@ op, why did u make use of boxers as an example of what ur neighbour competes with u, why not another thing, u see urself now, next time,when u want to create a thread, u will think abt ur words well b4 typing it. Goodluck.
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Odunnu: 7:05am On Sep 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Errr. . .what. . .what are y'all doing that he can see your boxers, let alone know when it is new?! lipsrsealed
Hahahaha
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Odunnu: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2012
una no go kill persin wit laff
Re: Competing With Neighbours by fagamite: 7:11am On Sep 22, 2012
babeface3: Whats your experience when your neighbour who competes with you in things you possess. I had a neighbour who would buy a new pair of boxers the next day after finding a new one on my waist. Was wondering what he would do if I bought a private jet. grin

Dude, the problem is you. You should stop monitoring what your neighbor sees and do not see.

#face-front!

##person!!
Re: Competing With Neighbours by fagamite: 7:15am On Sep 22, 2012
tpia@:
i think humans have a subconscious habit of surreptitiously or openly copying others.

but when it comes to buying the same underwear as your neighbour- dont know about that.

I'd move.

and @ op

how does your neighbour know when you're wearing new boxers. And how do you know when your neighbour is wearing his own boxers.

why are you guys (?) checking out each other's underwear?

Not true. I for one dont copy people. I do my thing. I am a maverick in that regards.

Tpia, how was your trip to Nigeria?

Have you found a husband, that is just as hideous?
Re: Competing With Neighbours by coogar: 9:13am On Sep 22, 2012

that was a figurative expression - what the op meant was his neighbour copies him even to the last minute detail!!
Re: Competing With Neighbours by EfemenaXY: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2012
Funny thread!

@poster, it's called living it up to the Joneses cheesy grin
Re: Competing With Neighbours by tpia5: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
fagamite:

Not true. I for one dont copy people. I do my thing. I am a maverick in that regards.

Oh really.

Your user id came from where/who.

The antitpiah moniker is your original idea?
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Dopefiend(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2012
Very annoyin. Bk den ma folks enrold all of us in a private sch, dey folwd suit, bought a car, dey folwd suit, dey were so jealous we had to move out. Moved to our own house nd 2 yrs ltr dey folwd suit tinkin dat whteva we do, dey can do beta bt ol boy dey nearly fainted wen dey came to our house for ma sister's wedding grin grin grin
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
As the Reverend father said today, If you must compete with anyone then compete in service to others and in doing good. Compete in how many children through you go to bed with food in their stomachs, compete in how many sick people in the hospital have their prayers answered through you and your material and spiritual prayers, compete in how many children go to school get school books, shoes and clothes because you cared enough. Dont compete in vain things, because they can only give you temporary satisfaction, when it is all said and done, God will only judge us on what we did for others. Matt 25:36, not how many cars, the height of our fences, the latest gold, shoes and bags we wore.
So if you and your neighbor want to raise muscles, this is a good way to go, compete in doing good

1 Like

Re: Competing With Neighbours by horny4u(f): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
Dopefiend: Very annoyin. Bk den ma folks enrold all of us in a private sch, dey folwd suit, bought a car, dey folwd suit, dey were so jealous we had to move out. Moved to our own house nd 2 yrs ltr dey folwd suit tinkin dat whteva we do, dey can do beta bt ol boy dey nearly fainted wen dey came to our house for ma sister's wedding grin grin grin

Their sister will soon marry too and you too get ready to nearly faint....

you berra face your studies....all this gutter is dirty talk....smh
Re: Competing With Neighbours by SisiKill1: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
coogar:

that was a figurative expression - what the op meant was his neighbour copies him even to the last minute detail!!
You don't say! cheesy tongue
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Dopefiend(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
horny4u:

Their sister will soon marry too and you too get ready to nearly faint....

you berra face your studies....all this gutter is dirty talk....smh

Dodo face I've gone to deir haus,it aint gat nthn on d bungalow we have in d village. I'm done wit sch too Ewu
Re: Competing With Neighbours by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
Dopefiend:

Dodo face I've gone to deir haus,it aint gat nthn on d bungalow we have in d village. I'm done wit sch too Ewu
yet you find it hard to write in English or is writing gibberish part of the competition?

2 Likes

Re: Competing With Neighbours by Dopefiend(m): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
*yawns
Re: Competing With Neighbours by babeface3: 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
The boxers example is just a tip of the iceberg, was using it to show the little things neighbours compete with, let alone when it comes to a bigger ones; when I launched my new car, my said neighbour lobbied his oga in his office to release one of the unbranded cars for some assignments. He actually brought the car home and used it for one week. When subsequently I asked about the car, he said he sold it and had paid for another one.

We need to stop looking at our neighbours achievements with envy, but thank God for them and even congratulate them so that ours will come.

Admin/ moderator should hit this thread on the front page; people are being led astray and we need to enlighten them.
Re: Competing With Neighbours by OmoAlata(f): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
coogar:

He could have used shoes
He could have used sandals
He could have used socks
but boxers ........ grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Gurl/Guy You Met At Party Dancing/Fighting / Checkout This Adorable Photos Of Sleeping Twins. / Why The Rampant Cases Of Divorce? Married Folks Please Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.