Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. (2063 Views)

Cheap Plots Of Estate Land For Sale In Owerri 650k Per Plot. / Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware / Database Of Estate Agents In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2012
Hi there. I have been on the lookout for a new apartment for about a month now and have come to realise that majority of the properties being advertised on a daily basis here are put up by quack agents who are out to cash in on the desperation of accomodation seekers. On the whole, these are my observations from dealing with many of them on nairaland. If you're also in my shoes, you would do well to be extremely careful in your dealings with practically all of them.

1. They advertise fictitous properties for which they have no direct links to...for example: you see an agent who has an office in ketu, advertising properties in lekki, yaba, lagos ibadan expressway and other places far away from where their offie is located. Just know that you're in for a long thing and possibly a waste of your precious time when you encounter agents like these.

2. They demand you register before they take you to the said properties...This is just silly. Any agent that demands registration fee before showing you a property is out to deceive and rip you off. I have never paid for their so called registration fees and will never do. For some, After collecting the money, they take you to uncompleted houses with cement bags inside the compound....these same houses they advertised as newly built.

3. They refuse to give out further details here when you ask for more information about the said properties. they make you waste your phone credit and your fuel, driving around town, without seeing a decent place befitting for humans to live in.

4. They mostly do not have registered businesses or offices. Most of them operate from wooden cubicles or those small containers which are like mobile offices, so that when they swindle their victims, they can easily relocate. You see them advertising properties of 10 million, 20 million and even 50 million, yet you would think that with all the money they make on agency and agreement, they would be able to put up decent offices. they are all quacks. all of them with mobile offices.

these have been my observations so far with people like propertymania, james and niyi (of nija properties), foremost properties and a host of others.

if you have more advice, please post them here. thanks.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by ndubuisiugwuib: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2012
My brother u are quite right,had such experience with osas at ikeja,infact he is a ghost agent,told me he have something he dnt have,funny enough he gave time and neva showed up,I was embarrased wit my client,its good to put such people on nairaland so that people should be aware of them,James of nija properties am doing one tankfarm busineess in ph wit himooo,suprise u mention him also,I v to dig deep more about him
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2012
welcome on board. we dont have professionals on NL as regards real estate. we have quacks. how many of these so called agents studied estate management at the university? pple that have no educatin background in the real estate profession or pple that are from other fields sees the real estate industry as an avenue to make money.

i recently submitted a paper to our institution Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers on how we can send these quacks out of the real estate industry. as a qualified real estate valuer, hardly can i ever post an advert on NL.

u see car dealers also jumping into the profession even lawyers.

they spoil the professional jargons. we now commission. what da f4k is commission? we have agency fee and legal fee, not the nonsense commission we hear about today
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by vava234: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2012
This has been an already known fact about agents advertising on Nairaland. The majority are quacks and fakes.

welcome on board. we dont have professionals on NL as regards real estate. we have quacks. how many of these so called agents studied estate management at the university? pple that have no educatin background in the real estate profession or pple that are from other fields sees the real estate industry as an avenue to make money.

i recently submitted a paper to our institution Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers on how we can send these quacks out of the real estate industry. as a qualified real estate valuer, hardly can i ever post an advert on NL.

u see car dealers also jumping into the profession even lawyers.

they spoil the professional jargons. we now commission. what da f4k is commission? we have agency fee and legal fee, not the nonsense commission we hear about today

Something needs to be done fast! I have a friend that was recently scammed by an estate agent advertising on Nairaland. Investors should watch out. What I have even noticed also is that some professional Lawyers cannot even save you from these scammers on Nairaland.

So I believe a boycott will be better as the ultimate resolution - If you wish to buy properties look else where preferrably a reputable estate agent.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Pptyconcession: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2012
@uhonmora @ndubuisi ugwuib @toba

My brothers and fellow nairalnder's, well I am so sorry in the first place that you might have faced all the troubles and wahala that you might have with Estate Agents. Well, its true. But at the same time, I would like to correct some impressions that you said most of them arent the direct agents or might not have direct instructions to properties and all sort they do are annoying or so.

The issue is this, not all of them on here are fake. It all depends on who you meet. If I may tell you this that the person sending this reply studied Estate Management and have MBA in Financial Management. So tell me how will I who has no direct instruction to a property still have properties to show my clients, I go about sourcing and still have access and takes my client to the properties.I show clients what I have and my clients pick from them.

Hear this, NO SINGLE AGENT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION TO THE PROPERTY MARKET,ITS ALL ABOUT NETWORKING (Thats the rudiment of the Real Estate Business in Nigeria)

Moreso, some clients wahala too is too much, Agents are not the ones who build those houses, they were only trying to make ends meet in getting something at the end. So imagine you taking A CLIENT to a new house and he/she will tell you the kitchen is too small,I dont like the toilet Aba! Na the Agent build the house? We are not saying you should pay for what you dont like but its not in this type of our environment that you should always expect 100% of what or 100% PERFECT of what you want regarding accommodation. No house in this Lagos that you will move in and you will not do either 1 or 2 adjustments unless you owns the house.

Sometimes it takes a whole day taking clients around and still in the end you got nothing? Its annoying my brother, thats where the Registrations of a thing comes in. Though I dont do it but I ask for Tips which is a normal thing because you make calls and inform clients of what you have.So Clients are priority and more so Agents are Important too, CLIENT'S should also know that professional agents are in their CAREER LINE too and they should not be taking for granted at all in what so ever they do in their line.Though their may be flops here and there but at the same time all should be taken as those THINGS NEEDED to be done to get comfort.

Inspection is necessary while seeking for accommodation and let me say this, Any house which you have not lived in ever before is a NEW HOUSE. Yes or No? So you saying Abolishing and sending them packing is not it. But suggestings are paramount like; Obtaining from Nairaland a Certified Estate Agent Logo which is Unique to each user name on here and this will ensure and secure clients patronage on the website.

Moderator should take note.

Thanks so much my brothers for your plights in making the Real Estate Agency a Second to known.

Founder/CEO/Chief Operating Officer
The Property Concession
(Investment Concessionaire Experts)
thepropertyconcession@gmail.com
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
well i understand u very well. i also have a firm. a real estaate and chartered surveyors firm for that matter.

There's aa ppty that was just let last week by another agent which my firm has been marketing since april. we cnducted series of inspection and yet we got nothing. my bro thats one of the things we have to face in this industry. but agents dont have to take advantage of the prospective tenants.

there are situation that u act as sub agent but before scheduling an inspection, u need to have perfected all arrangement, if not, u'll looking stupid and dubious before the client. agents should get them selves prepared before coming up to advertise.

l'll be doing a right up pretty son in this regard
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by iwakunbaba: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Its even ok if they are not the direct agent networking makes things work. I went to inspect a ppty with an agent only for him to be calling others and they were wasting my time. Someone showed up to take me to the said ppty. Let me advice agents, ask ur prospective clients questions to know their tastes and what they want then u can select out of ppty in ur care that meets their needs. This will save u from embarrassing moments n waste of time. i will not pay for any registration cos I kno that such ppl are quaks n fake agents.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 26, 2012
Pptyconcession: @uhonmora @ndubuisi ugwuib @toba

My brothers and fellow nairalnder's, well I am so sorry in the first place that you might have faced all the troubles and wahala that you might have with Estate Agents. Well, its true. But at the same time, I would like to correct some impressions that you said most of them arent the direct agents or might not have direct instructions to properties and all sort they do are annoying or so.

The issue is this, not all of them on here are fake. It all depends on who you meet. If I may tell you this that the person sending this reply studied Estate Management and have MBA in Financial Management. So tell me how will I who has no direct instruction to a property still have properties to show my clients, I go about sourcing and still have access and takes my client to the properties.I show clients what I have and my clients pick from them.

Hear this, NO SINGLE AGENT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION TO THE PROPERTY MARKET,ITS ALL ABOUT NETWORKING (Thats the rudiment of the Real Estate Business in Nigeria)

Moreso, some clients wahala too is too much, Agents are not the ones who build those houses, they were only trying to make ends meet in getting something at the end. So imagine you taking A CLIENT to a new house and he/she will tell you the kitchen is too small,I dont like the toilet Aba! Na the Agent build the house? We are not saying you should pay for what you dont like but its not in this type of our environment that you should always expect 100% of what or 100% PERFECT of what you want regarding accommodation. No house in this Lagos that you will move in and you will not do either 1 or 2 adjustments unless you owns the house.

Sometimes it takes a whole day taking clients around and still in the end you got nothing? Its annoying my brother, thats where the Registrations of a thing comes in. Though I dont do it but I ask for Tips which is a normal thing because you make calls and inform clients of what you have.So Clients are priority and more so Agents are Important too, CLIENT'S should also know that professional agents are in their CAREER LINE too and they should not be taking for granted at all in what so ever they do in their line.Though their may be flops here and there but at the same time all should be taken as those THINGS NEEDED to be done to get comfort.

Inspection is necessary while seeking for accommodation and let me say this, Any house which you have not lived in ever before is a NEW HOUSE. Yes or No? So you saying Abolishing and sending them packing is not it. But suggestings are paramount like; Obtaining from Nairaland a Certified Estate Agent Logo which is Unique to each user name on here and this will ensure and secure clients patronage on the website.

Moderator should take note.

Thanks so much my brothers for your plights in making the Real Estate Agency a Second to known.

Founder/CEO/Chief Operating Officer
The Property Concession
(Investment Concessionaire Experts)
thepropertyconcession@gmail.com

You are part of them. Forget the epistle.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 26, 2012
ndubuisi ugwuib: My brother u are quite right,had such experience with osas at ikeja,infact he is a ghost agent,told me he have something he dnt have,funny enough he gave time and neva showed up,I was embarrased wit my client,its good to put such people on nairaland so that people should be aware of them,James of nija properties am doing one tankfarm busineess in ph wit himooo,suprise u mention him also,I v to dig deep more about him

James is a time-waster and I don't know if He and his colleagues were planning to rob me on the day i went to inspect his "newly built, posh and decent house" which he had never even seen. He said he had a 2 bedroom flat at Folaagoro. On the day of inspection, he took me to onike to meet the direct agent of the property. while we were approaching, he said the direct agent would ask for registration fees, but since i said i wasnt going to pay any, He said we should drive back to fola agoro to meet another agent. I insisted i wasnt going to be driving back and forth so he said he had a 2 bedroom flat in onike. Show me the place now, it became wahala. He didnt know the name of the street, neither had he seen the house before. I just left him and his colleague stranded at unilag gate and drove away. Useless bunch of timewasters.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by Pptyconcession: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2012
uhonmora:

well,if you say i am part of them, will i blame you? i cant as for me i have my clients and they know me well. i am not a baby in agency with 7 years on the job...no be small thing ooo. so whatsoever epistle is it or not i am justified and remember this that agents will continue to exist all i can say is to be careful and get to know whom you deal with.

come to think of this, i have never seen any client that comes on here and commend an agent that helped in out in getting an accommodation. ah! Nigerians they will not do that.
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by bigoba: 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
nairaland is free, so what do you expect from jobless idiot looking for people to waste their time?
Re: 99% Of Estate Agents On Nairaland Are Quacks And Fakes. by koyeni(m): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Two(2) plots of land available at okeota, ikorodu. Six million(6000000) per plot. It is fenced round(4 coaches) and a well already
Environment is very open
Less than 30 minutes drive from ikorodu town
It is suitable for building a company, school, religious purpose or residential
Documents available: survey plan
ALSO
Six(6) plots of land available at Isashi, Ikorodu at 9.8 million per plot (#9,800,000). It is a five-minute walk from the major road that connects ikorodu town and less than 15 minutes drive from ikorodu town. It is fenced round with gates at the two entrances.
Environment is very developed
It is suitable for building a company, school, religious purpose or residential
Documents available - Survey plan and C of O
You can reach me on 09064555100 call/Whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

Spaces At Sleek Studio Square(opposite Silverbird Galleria) Available To Let / A 2and Half Plot Beside Ayobo Garage beside Ayobo Utra modern Market Lagos N35m / Ijebu Ode Apartment Lettings And Land Sales.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.