Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Advise On Hair Care Product - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise On Hair Care Product (892 Views)

I Need Your Advise On This Funny Act In My Neighbourhood / Marijuna Is Breaking My Home,i Am Very Lonely. Any Advise On What To Do? / Please Help Advise On What To Do; I Have Acid Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Hair Care Product by Friedbeans: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Could you recommend an hair product to soften my baby's hair. She is two years now and it's getting increasingly difficult to comb her hair and I don't want to cut the hair again. You can recommend the one you use and that is available in the Nigerian market. Thank you!
Re: Advise On Hair Care Product by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Try spraying water in her hair to make it damp. Then apply any regular cheap hair conditioner, don't wash it out=Softer, more manageable hair.
Re: Advise On Hair Care Product by prixxy(f): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
coconut oil works wonders for me,i sometimes mix a portion of the coconut oil with water
(warm the water if the oil is in a solid form,so as to melt the oil)
Spray on the hair as you comb.
Hope this helps
Re: Advise On Hair Care Product by zayhal(f): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shea butter detangler+moisturizer for kids works fine.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Hair Care Product by ShyOne(f): 2:04am On Sep 24, 2012
African American Hair Growth - Daily Care
Daily Care for Black Hair - Best Hair Products for Black Hair
Daily Maintenance
Your hair needs to be moisturized daily. You will need two different types of moisturizers: water based and oil based.

Water based moisturizers penetrate the hair shaft, oil based moisturizer coats the hair shaft (and seals moisture in or out). To use the two effectively, you will need to apply your water based moisturizer first, then the oil based. The reason for this is that oils and other moisturizing products that contain petrolatum, lanolin, and mineral oil do not moisturize your hair effectively. Instead they seal moisture in or out of your hair. They should only be used to seal the hair and add shine. Try applying your oil moisturizer after rinsing the moisture treatment to combat dryness.

Also, to help with dryness, you need a penetrating moisturizer. The only oil that penetrates the hair shaft is coconut oil. Other oils only coat it. You can use virgin coconut oil as a daily moisturizer or a water based moisturizer.

This article is SPOT ON - AA hair is dry, brittle - I highly suggest that you maintain moisture and brushing the hair from the scalp - brush the hair twice a day - starting at the back of the head - parting with a comb small pieces at a time and moisturizing and combing out tangles and when tangle free - brush from the scalp out - braiding - NOT CORNROWS - just plaits or braid outs (if you don't know what a braid out is - google it) - it will allow you to brush twice a day - my focus would be hair growth and training the hair to a certain condition - brush and moisturizing twice a day are vital ingredients to the training of the hair to be soft and manageable. After washing ALWAYS CONDITION and ALWAYS USE 2 CONDITIONERS - one that sits in for a while and then is washed out and afterwards - make sure that you put a leave in conditioner - preferably cream based, not liquid based in the hair.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Resentment Or . . . / Kindly Assist Urgently / Things Became Difficult For Me After I Married Her —husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.