Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 (5810 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Countryman93: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
The National Good Governance Tour entered Day 3 today with a visit to major Road projects, Hospital, security agencies, Housing units, power stations, and gigantic World trade centre.

The media tour seeks to draw the attention of Nigerians to the major achievements of president Jonathan under two years in office. The tour of projects in the FCT started on Thursday, 20th September and will end with a town hall meeting at Monday 24th September. Other states will follow thereafter.

Today, the media team led by Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, inspected the construction of 2 roads viz ;
Extension of Inner Southern Expressway (ISEX) from Outer Southern Expressway to Inner Southern Expressway to Southern Parkway (S8/S9. It has 4 interchanges and 3 are concluded. This particular contract was awarded november 2010 at 13.8 bn Naira and is 65% completed.

The team also visited Roads B6, B12 and circle road in Central area from airport to the Abuja National stadium.The roads covering 22.5km and 45 km with 41 bridges are 65% completed.

The new Civil Defence Academy along Airport road Lugbe was also visited. The Jonathan administration had done so much in one year to establish the centre for the training of civil defence staff. The centre has also a counter terrorism and insurgency unit with Isreali and US assistance for training.

Also visited were the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH) Gwagwalada. The new ICT and trauma unit was Conceived by FCDA in 2009. The trauma centre was conceived out of the need for expansion of the former trauma centre with a capacity for only 20 patients. It was to be completed in 2 years but poor funding stalled it until president Jonathan came and funded it. The project is now 95% completed.

It is expected that upon total furnishing and completion in 2013, The hospital will have the largest capacity in FCT with about 100 consultant doctors.
The facility has Resuscitation rooms,consulting rooms,twin theatre,head and neck centre,paediatric ICU's twin theatres at each floor,dialysis unit that can take 10 dialysis machines at a time.

The team also toured some housing units in Gwarinpa Initiated by FHA to take care of the medium and high income earners. The estate is 1900 hectares and jointly handled by FHA and FCDA. It has over 5000 houses built by FHA and private developers. The estate is 100% completed and now fully occupied. The last phase of the estate is 108 semi detached 4 bedroom duplexes and was completed in 6 months.

FCTA officials also took the team round the aggressive infrastructural development of Idu, Karimu, and Wuye districts.

The major highlights of the tour was the construction of power substations in Wuye and the world trade center in central Business district Abuja. Attached herewith are pictures Of the tour.

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Elueme: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
More pics pls.. @ OP , thanks for what you are doing
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by karlmax2: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
take note the 3days is on ABUJA ALONE.NICE ONE FG

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Countryman93: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
more pics

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Countryman93: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
more pics

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Countryman93: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
more pics

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Mallamabdul: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
So happy for this media tour, it's opening up developmental strides of Jonathan. We are witnessing massive evidence of enormous hardwork by a president so maligned and abused in one year of his term
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by ubandire(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
I appreciate what Mr Maku is doing. He should keep it up. I say this because he is one minister of information of a kind.
He has a way of silencing critics with facts and figures. He is not lousy like most of his predecessors including Dora-the parrot.
If it were other information ministers, they will be disturbing our ear drums with all manner of slogans and adverts. Good nation this. Good people that. They will spend our precious money to print stickers and flyers in support of their sloganeering agenda.
But now we have an information Minister who relates with the public without unnecessary propaganda and sloganeering. Earlier this year, he ORGANISED a ministerial platform where all ministers came to render an account of their stewardship. The public had the opportunity to interact with the ministers on their activities and programmes. Remarkable.
Barely 4 months later, he is on the streets showcasing the achievements of president Goodluck Jonathan. This one is no longer hearsay but eye say. See for yourself.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Mandelaguy(m): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
The project is to make Nigerians appreciate efforts of this present administration to develop the country,create employment and reposition Nigeria without much noise making. I like what is been churned out in terms of great developmental strides,because facts and figures are given for Nigerians to verify and dispute. It is only an insane man that will see growth and deny it,past administrations failed us,this GEJ administration is bent on succeeding. Kudos mr minister of information...Labaran Maku, for your drive and vision,you areb forming us properly and thereby eradicate our ignorance, well done!
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Alxmyr(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2012
There we go again. If indeed the administration is working, do we need to gather some gullible journalists, pay them "kwa" and embark on this "voyage of discovery" that will lead to nowhere.
Another avenue to waste public fund.
There is need to ask Maku and his team how much the ministry is spending on this fruitless "waka waka".
GEJ start working. Nigerians are tired of window dressing and cosmetic projects.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by kelvincoll(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2012
Alxmyr: There we go again. If indeed the administration is working, do we need to gather some gullible journalists, pay them "kwa" and embark on this "voyage of discovery" that will lead to nowhere.
There is need to ask Maku and his team how much the ministry is spending on this fruitless "waka waka".
GEJ start working. Nigerians are tired of window dressing and cosmetic projects.
Can u ever be optimistic in ur life and shun being a saddist? What more do u want from GEJ in jst 2 years? Ds is just d FCT and more state waka waka to come. Look on d bryt side and commend this administratn. Kudos to the Govt...1 love!
cool

3 Likes

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Alxmyr(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2012
kelvincoll:
Can u ever be optimistic in ur life and shun being a saddist? What more do u want from GEJ in jst 2 years? Ds is just d FCT and more state waka waka to come. Look on d bryt side and commend this administratn. Kudos to the Govt...1 love!
cool
If you live in FCT, you will understand that all these cosmetic projects being brandished by the FCT is facade.
The city is fast becoming slum.
WUSE market road is in shambles.
The street light are not working.
The city is filled with dirts and filths.
Miscreants have filed day in most parts of the city.
FCT under Bala Mohammed is poor mess.
For maku to gather some people with Bala Mohammed to start roaming around, inspecting building that had been in construction for more than five years and was not completed. Roads that has been under construction since El-Rufai time and were yet to be completed.
Railway that was started by Obj administration that have not moved from where it was since then. And some people will come here to post nonsense and call it transformation, it is another height of insincerity on the part of the government.

2 Likes

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2012
Idiotic president blowing his own darn trumpet! Bloody fool!...This just rinks of government propaganda. As if they are doing the Nigerian citizenry a favor by building good roads and providing a decent infrastructure nationwide!!!! I don't blame them at all, the citizens deserve what they are getting. Perhaps when Nigerians start realizing they are human beings, they will rise up against the incompetent and clueless leaders imposed on them every four years! This is just preposterous....... National Good governance tour my butt!!!!
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by EPOMA(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=16pt]All these projects look like project that should undertaken by a local governmnt in Nigeria, with the amount of money spent in Nigeria , I would expect to see big project like in Barhain, dubia, lebanon in which Nigeria have money more than and spend money more than. A good government does not even need to have a media tour [/size]

2 Likes

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by kokoA(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2012
Ehhmm.. Ehmm.. Not to be seen as a persimist here, as a resident of Abuja I don't really see anything new. All of these projects have been on for nothing less than three years now and I wan't to believe that more monies have been released than necessary yet they are still 'ongoing'. Wouldn't it be more proper if Labaran and the gang had patiently wait till they are finished before they embark on this 'missionary journey'? Why the rush? What if after showing nigerians all of these, works stop tommorow? Are they still going to tell us that the projects are 'ongoing'? Secondly, I will like to totally agree with the poster
who said Abuja is fast becoming a slum. Since elrufai left as minister, all his succesors have just been interested in emlarging their bank accounts leaving abuja to be the shadow of her former self. No amount of propaganda can change this, I will know if the government is working if I can drive at night in the streets of abuja with street lights, if I don't have to leave my refuse outside for two days before waste collectors come for them.. Having said that, I congratulate GEJ for trying to continue with his predecessors' projects.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by johnlittle: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
EPOMA: [size=16pt]All these projects look like project that should undertaken by a local governmnt in Nigeria, with the amount of money spent in Nigeria , I would expect to see big project like in Barhain, dubia, lebanon in which Nigeria have money more than and spend money more than. A good government does not even need to have a media tour [/size]
. Did you see any of these projects being executed by the past administrations? To appreciate good thing dey always hard una.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Weigher: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
Gej, i dof my cap 4 u! Continue to prove ur critics wrong...... #FrEsHaIr. Enemies of progress na thunder go fire u all
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Louis88: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
engineerd: Idiotic president blowing his own darn trumpet! Bloody fool!...This just rinks of government propaganda. As if they are doing the Nigerian citizenry a favor by building good roads and providing a decent infrastructure nationwide!!!! I don't blame them at all, the citizens deserve what they are getting. Perhaps when Nigerians start realizing they are human beings, they will rise up against the incompetent and clueless leaders imposed on them every four years! This is just preposterous....... National Good governance tour my butt!!!!
Pls don't let yourself to be consumed by hatred and malice. Look at the amount of venom you are spitting over a govts decision to showcase their achievements. What is your grouse? You are not happy over these projects or what? If you are sad and live in Abj, I suggest you go and hug the new power sub station built by Jonathan in WUYE.

In case that one will not serve, you may also jump into the new water treatment plant built by Jonathan. If you are still not satisfied, you may climb to the top of the World Trade Center under construction by Jonathan and jump down from there. Another easier way to show your beef for Jonathan's achievements is to go and stand in the middle of the 10 lane Airport road project or the inner southern express completed by Jonathan. Finally, you may go and lie on those railways presently under construction. BAD BELLE PEOPLE

4 Likes

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Alxmyr(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
I can see the 40 laptops are back to work....

I outta of hia...
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Bukkyade: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Louis88:
Pls don't let yourself to be consumed by hatred and malice. Look at the amount of venom you are spitting over a govts decision to showcase their achievements. What is your grouse? You are not happy over these projects or what? If you are sad and live in Abj, I suggest you go and hug the new power sub station built by Jonathan in WUYE.

In case that one will not serve, you may also jump into the new water treatment plant built by Jonathan. If you are still not satisfied, you may climb to the top of the World Trade Center under construction by Jonathan and jump down from there. Another easier way to show your beef for Jonathan's achievements is to go and stand in the middle of the 10 lane Airport road project or the inner southern express completed by Jonathan. Finally, you may go and lie on those railways presently under construction. BAD BELLE PEOPLE
Abeg, help me tell the saddiest, that they are over 20 ways to die on GEJs project he should choose one.

2 Likes

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Dpeacemaker101: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Alxmyr: There we go again. If indeed the administration is working, do we need to gather some gullible journalists, pay them "kwa" and embark on this "voyage of discovery" that will lead to nowhere.
he is working,and we can clearly see that. The project tour will enable Nigerians that are not in certain locations,know what is happening around them. Mr Maku is ontop of his game, good initiative.

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Weigher: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
God bless u my man! Haters gonna hate for just no reason till enternity
Dpeacemaker101: he is working,and we can clearly see that. The project tour will enable Nigerians that are not in certain locations,know what is happening around them. Mr Maku is ontop of his game, good initiative.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Elueme: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
Louis88:

Let me laugh in Hindu ' shagayashagayashagayaaaaaa!!! Na pikin when mama born you just finish like this? In addendum, the guy@engineerd, can as well go and drown in the flood on Abuja-Lokoja road....maybe he could find solace for his pissed soul..

1 Like

Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by dedeike: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
Haters will always be haters. They keep hating while the nation moves forward under Jonathan.
This is a wonderful initiative by the Honourable Mimister of Information to sensitize Nigerians on ongoing projects across the federation. It is like a feedback mechanism of sorts because it will afford the whole team including govt officials the opprtunity to get first hand information about the true state of projects away from the comfort of council chambers in Aso Rock.

This is not about reading the award of projects on paper. It is a reality check intended to make both the contractors, ministers, and State Governors sit up. Performing Ministers and Governors will have something tangible to show while non performing ones will be exposed as there will not be a place to hide.

It is an opportunity for the public to know and ask critical questions about ongoing projects. Fortunately, they have slated a townhall meeting for each state. I challenge everyone including 40 laptop dogs and 50 desktop sheep to attend in their respective states and make their representations.

That way, Nigeria can move forward
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by ubandire(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
EPOMA: [size=16pt]All these projects look like project that should undertaken by a local governmnt in Nigeria, with the amount of money spent in Nigeria , I would expect to see big project like in Barhain, dubia, lebanon in which Nigeria have money more than and spend money more than. A good government does not even need to have a media tour [/size]
Shut up if you don't have anything left in your senses to talk. What is Local Government projects about these projects? Can a local Government build a sub power station? Can a local government develop an industrial estate as big as Idu and Karimo? Can a local Government construct the inner southern expressway to southern parkway measuring over 45km each with 41 bridges?The National Trauma Centre has the capacity for 100 consultant doctors and set to be the highest in the country. What about the railways?
Like I said, if you don't have any senses left, please shut up
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Dollarman101: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
grin grin grin nothing wey witches and wizards no go talk. people just dey find fault up and down. If Jonathan do wahala. If Jonathan no do wahala. I bow.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by Bukkyade: 12:57am On Sep 24, 2012
Im impressed with the projects so far in FCT, can we move onto the next one pls?
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by johnlittle: 1:09am On Sep 24, 2012
Countryman93:

Today, the media team led by Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, inspected the construction of 2 roads viz ;
Extension of Inner Southern Expressway (ISEX) from Outer Southern Expressway to Inner Southern Expressway to Southern Parkway (S8/S9. It has 4 interchanges and 3 are concluded. This particular contract was awarded november 2010 at 13.8 bn Naira and is 65% completed.

The team also visited Roads B6, B12 and circle road in Central area from airport to the Abuja National stadium.The roads covering 22.5km and 45 km with 41 bridges are 65% completed.

The truth is that most of these roads mentioned by the OP were not awarded by GEJ. That notwithstanding, it will be highly unfair not to give Jonathan credit for funding the continuation of these projects. Nigeria is where it is today because of abandoned projects so we must not fail to admire a president who resolves to be selfless and continue the projects of his predecessors.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by johnlittle: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2012
Countryman93:

The major highlights of the tour was the construction of power substations in Wuye and the world trade center in central Business district Abuja. Attached herewith are pictures Of the tour.

The bolded part is highly commendable while the unbolded one is a white elephant project. My opinion though.
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by johnlittle: 1:19am On Sep 24, 2012
Alxmyr: I can see the 40 laptops are back to work....

I outta of hia...
You left out of lack of what to say. I am not a member of the so called laptop dogs but it doesn't stop me from commenting on a thread dedicated to evaluating the government in power
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by johnlittle: 1:23am On Sep 24, 2012
Mallamabdul: So happy for this media tour, it's opening up developmental strides of Jonathan. We are witnessing massive evidence of enormous hardwork by a president so maligned and abused in one year of his term
Tell Jonathan to stop listening to criticisms. every president deserves criticisms to sit up. It's petty of him to be so mindful of criticisms. It is the normal thing. He has not even received half of what OBJ received as criticisms. Olusegun Adeniyi said it that a president is like a leader of an orchestra. For you to succeed, you must back the audience and focus on the orchestra
Re: National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 by divatosin(f): 4:20am On Sep 24, 2012
@Op! I want to attend the townhall meeting, how does it work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi To Begin Work On 120MW Yankari Power Plant / Senate President Physically Asaulted By Hors / IBB's Leg Allegedly Amputated!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.