Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Phcn And It's Current Charges - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Phcn And It's Current Charges (1317 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / PHCN And IKEDC Staff Caught In Their Shameful Act! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn And It's Current Charges by Zeroid105: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
PHCN new tariff and charges are anti-masses, and criminal in all sense. There were demostrations across the country after the recent sudden increment in the pump price of PMS(petrol. It's normal to imagine why PHCN tariff wasn't greeted with such protests. Well i'm of the opinion that many Nigerians are ignorant about the level of importance the electricity sector deserves. That sector needs more attention than the ever popular petroleum sector. Needless to say the level of corruption and inefficiency in that sector are also more mind bugging.
Below is a summary of the payments recently made recently in a PHCN marketing company.

TENDERED AMOUNT: N 1,500.00
DEBT COLLECTED: N 0.00
TOTAL PAID: N 450.00
VAT: N 21.43
COST: N 428.57
37.7KWh @ N11.37/KWhr
TOTAL UNITS: 37.7KWhr
TAX GRAND TOTAL: N 71.43
FIXED CHARGE GRAND TOTAL: N 1,050.00
TIME BASED FIXED CHARGES
COST: N 1,000.00
TAX: N 50.00
TOTAL: N 1.050.00

The questions now are:
1. What are the legislators doing about it?(I presume many do not even know about this development).
2. What warrants the imposition of the monthly charge of N500, irrespective of the power supply situation? Why should the consumers pay a daily CHARGE of N16.67( divide 500 by 30) to a company such as PHCN?
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by chucky234(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
What people need are energy saving bulbs,I have quality power saving bulbs of just 3W and long lasting in stock.
Bulbs come with remote control and 16 colours to enable you switch to colour that matches your mood.
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by spacewily: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
@chucky, people like you should be brought out of your screen protections and beaten to common sense possesses u, are u educating people or simply peddling one of your fibble chinese products ? The poster is trying to highlight how moneys is secretly taken out of the pockets of people; even with this democracy and so-called civility.

MODs pls put this on the frontpage. Everyone needs to know that the N500/mth diverted into monthly charges is worth more than 40kwh. Which is more than 10 days electricity for a normal house. That is technological robbery. And the bloody N525 accumulates every month regardless if you get power supply that month or not. If i was to travel for a year, i would still pay 12mths x N525 (do the arithmetic) , for something i didnt even get to use. Thats so wrong.

I dont know why the entire populace has turned a blind eye to phcn and let their politics make life difficult for every nigerian. Even the minister of power as that time had to face power outage in his own house.

We have to learn to ask questions and hold our utility companies for the moneys the make us pay. A country without power has no enlightenment, its fools like chucky that think profiting of misfortune and bad things is a way to making money.

A motion to pull down the whole ''service charge'' has to be moved. I dont pay telecommunications coys ''service charge'' just to get get signals in my phone, its what i do with the signals that i pay for. Hope this helps understand why i dont need to pay phcn to get energy but what i use that energy for.
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by Biggyd2: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
My issue is the deceit behind the whole thing. The government earlier told us that it was wrong for PHCN to collect monthly meter maintenance charge. Today they are collect a fixed charge monthly N500 or N700 (regardless of what whether you consumed electricity for that month) depending on the type of meter you have . What then is this "fixed charge" about?
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by chucky234(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
spacewily: @chucky, people like you should be brought out of your screen protections and beaten to common sense possesses u, are u educating people or simply peddling one of your fibble chinese products ? The poster is trying to highlight how moneys is secretly taken out of the pockets of people; even with this democracy and so-called civility.

MODs pls put this on the frontpage. Everyone needs to know that the N500/mth diverted into monthly charges is worth more than 40kwh. Which is more than 10 days electricity for a normal house. That is technological robbery. And the bloody N525 accumulates every month regardless if you get power supply that month or not. If i was to travel for a year, i would still pay 12mths x N525 (do the arithmetic) , for something i didnt even get to use. Thats so wrong.

I dont know why the entire populace has turned a blind eye to phcn and let their politics make life difficult for every nigerian. Even the minister of power as that time had to face power outage in his own house.

We have to learn to ask questions and hold our utility companies for the moneys the make us pay. A country without power has no enlightenment, its fools like chucky that think profiting of misfortune and bad things is a way to making money.

A motion to pull down the whole ''service charge'' has to be moved. I dont pay telecommunications coys ''service charge'' just to get get signals in my phone, its what i do with the signals that i pay for. Hope this helps understand why i dont need to pay phcn to get energy but what i use that energy for.
Na today PHCN start to dey charge without meter reading,NEPA did same thing before dem change baton to PHCN yet you foolishly rant like say na today the thing start.
Mumu,wetin you don do to stop the trend,at least I try introduced energy saving bulbs to help people reduce their monthly bills.
You be big mumu,when I gave analysis of the billions of dollars spent by Barth Nnaji to achieved just 1,200MW in 24 months what was your response,you were busy praising him as a performing minister,clueless besotted goon.
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by Zeroid105: 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
Spacewily tnx for that good contribution. I really hope this will get the attention it deserves from RIGHT THINKING Nlders and the general public. Nigerians should stop the sidon-look attitude and start to exercise their rights in a civilised manner.
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by spacewily: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
So chucky please introduce some energy saving airconditioners, pressing irons and water heaters. If you knew anytin about power generation then you would know that energy shouldnt cost so much after said infrastructures have already been installed. How dare you expose your ignorance by comparing NEPA and PHCN; do you know why they changed 'batons' in the first place ?

you only made it clear that you dont pay your bills and you tap electricity from somewhere. Too bad for you, a day will come and you will learn to do things right. But please dont mislead people to think that energy saving ish are the answer, they are part of it but the main challenge is the ''extortion'' called ''fixed-charges'' when you still pay VAT on it, tins like this have to be stopped before they become publicly accepted and people wont understand they are suffering from something they could have stopped, while the people setting this rates have taken their shares and left the system suffering from the virus they introduced.

We have this powerful social media tools now not in the days of NEPA, we have Public Complaint Commission and a whole lot more of enlightenment out there. We need people to raise this issue and discuss about it, not long it would get to the legislation.

Unlike so many maopic doom seekers out there, over here , we can see the nigeria actually getting stronger and better for the next generations.
Re: Phcn And It's Current Charges by chucky234(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
spacewily: So chucky please introduce some energy saving airconditioners, pressing irons and water heaters. If you knew anytin about power generation then you would know that energy shouldnt cost so much after said infrastructures have already been installed. How dare you expose your ignorance by comparing NEPA and PHCN; do you know why they changed 'batons' in the first place ?

you only made it clear that you dont pay your bills and you tap electricity from somewhere. Too bad for you, a day will come and you will learn to do things right. But please dont mislead people to think that energy saving ish are the answer, they are part of it but the main challenge is the ''extortion'' called ''fixed-charges'' when you still pay VAT on it, tins like this have to be stopped before they become publicly accepted and people wont understand they are suffering from something they could have stopped, while the people setting this rates have taken their shares and left the system suffering from the virus they introduced.

We have this powerful social media tools now not in the days of NEPA, we have Public Complaint Commission and a whole lot more of enlightenment out there. We need people to raise this issue and discuss about it, not long it would get to the legislation.

Unlike so many maopic doom seekers out there, over here , we can see the nigeria actually getting stronger and better for the next generations.
Did you take time to read through my previous posts on govt,infrastructure and power before commenting? Do just that then come back so we slug it out here

(1) (Reply)

Proudly Nigerian (pic) / Photo: Man Bonds With Crocodile / Best Ways To Control Rats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.