Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Netherlands Tourist Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Netherlands Tourist Visa (35018 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
Brothers, I nevr stop my research and I find out no fixed amount is asked in a bank statement, for a tourist visa, you must calclate the estimate of cost of living per day over there and calculate to the days of intend to stay, so my fiance say 15 euros is enough for a person per day, so for me staying for 3 months I must I have 1350 euros in my bank statement and I can afford 1500 euros. Thanks brothers
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
Please I don't understand the aspect of convincing the consular about strong ties what's that and will I write it down in app or asked me?
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by koolmd: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2012
Hello,

Am very sure that 250K as your bank balance is too small for even a 3day vac. to europe, airfare alone will take 70% if not more....1500 Euros for 1 Month vacation even if someone is accommodating you there, guy its small (will you not continue to live your life when you return to naija? it does'nt make sense emptying your acct because of vacation and the only thing the visa officer will make out of this is that you have serious economic issues in your home country and thats why you want to travel out not to return, am sure you know the answer to that inference.....SURE VISA DENIAL STRAIGHT).

YES, there is no fixed amount required as your bank balance but please do your calculation to cover for your vacation expense and for you to have reasonable amount that will sustain you for sometime when you return from your vacation, you see where your account statement/history will expose you that you're not financially strong enough to embark on the trip...Just wait till when you have enough.

Statement of account is the print out of your finacial transaction, ask yor bank for it for the man who asked, your payment slip is the doc. given to you at the end of the month when your salary is paid by your employer, ask your human resources person if you are employed.

Your introductory letter could be gotten from your employer if you are employed, it will normally state what your company do, your position with them, the date you joined etc.

On the strong ties to your home country, demonstrating it for the schengen visa application does not need you to write anything, they will know from your application, they are stuffs that are percieved as reasons you will likely want to return back to your home country after your trip e.g. your marital status,(been married is strong tie and stronger even with kids, please do not tell lies), Your Job (having a lucrative job like a job with any of the blue chip or multinational coys, this they will see from your employment/introductory /cover letter), any assets you posess e.g Landed properties or estate (your car is not considered as an asset here), the history of your financial transactions could sometimes help to support that you are financially stable.

Wish you all luck!!!
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by koolmd: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2012
Hello,

Am very sure that 250K as your bank balance is too small for even a 3day vac. to europe, airfare alone will take 70% if not more....1500 Euros for 1 Month vacation even if someone is accommodating you there, guy its small (will you not continue to live your life when you return to naija? it does'nt make sense emptying your acct because of vacation and the only thing the visa officer will make out of this is that you have serious economic issues in your home country and thats why you want to travel out not to return, am sure you know the answer to that inference.....SURE VISA DENIAL STRAIGHT).

YES, there is no fixed amount required as your bank balance but please do your calculation to cover for your vacation expense and for you to have reasonable amount that will sustain you for sometime when you return from your vacation, you see where your account statement/history will expose you that you're not financially strong enough to embark on the trip...Just wait till when you have enough.

Statement of account is the print out of your finacial transaction, ask yor bank for it for the man who asked, your payment slip is the doc. given to you at the end of the month when your salary is paid by your employer, ask your human resources person if you are employed.

Your introductory letter could be gotten from your employer if you are employed, it will normally state what your company do, your position with them, the date you joined etc.

On the strong ties to your home country, demonstrating it for the schengen visa application does not need you to write anything, they will know from your application, they are stuffs that are percieved as reasons you will likely want to return back to your home country after your trip e.g. your marital status,(been married is strong tie and stronger even with kids, please do not tell lies), Your Job (having a lucrative job like a job with any of the blue chip or multinational coys, this they will see from your employment/introductory /cover letter), any assets you posess e.g Landed properties or estate (your car is not considered as an asset here), the history of your financial transactions could sometimes help to support that you are financially stable.

Wish you all luck!!!
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 7:18am On Oct 08, 2012
Thanks for the nice post, I am strongly convince about the bank account, its true that if I could back won't I continue my life, its the truth even if the consular see that I have less than 250k I will be automatically disqualify. Thanks
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by koolmd: 5:33am On Oct 09, 2012
Hello House,

Anyone in Amsterdam? will be visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris next month. what is the weather like now? Is it winter yet? Just curious so that i can plan my vacation properly.

Thanks
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2012
I can help you? The weather is really cold now,
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
Please com to my aide brothers. I have a question to aksed you, supposing I put 3 weeks on my Visa Application and I am issued the visa, and i was given 3 months visa. So I can I used the 3 months instead of the 3 weeks and return back to my country? Please share more light to what mistake am about to take
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
Please bro, I need ur advice, I am about to go and submit my documents, my job is only giving me 1 month Vacation, then I am intending to stay for 3 months in holland, because that's exactly what I want in other to stick to my plan, I wanted to write 1 month on my visa application form that I will return after the 1 month and if I am given 90 days I will use 89 days and return back to Nigeria, but what bother me now is that if did what I just said, have I break any law or rules of Immgiration policy. And does it possible for me to write 3 months in my visa application form and be granted the 3 months successfully?

Also someone advice me. To put 1 month and apllied for mutltiple entry that I might get more days on my visa, please share more lights to all these, I am abit confused! sad
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Talk2naija: Please bro, I need ur advice, I am about to go and submit my documents, my job is only giving me 1 month Vacation, then I am intending to stay for 3 months in holland, because that's exactly what I want in other to stick to my plan, I wanted to write 1 month on my visa application form that I will return after the 1 month and if I am given 90 days I will use 89 days and return back to Nigeria, but what bother me now is that if did what I just said, have I break any law or rules of Immgiration policy. And does it possible for me to write 3 months in my visa application form and be granted the 3 months successfully?

Also someone advice me. To put 1 month and apllied for mutltiple entry that I might get more days on my visa, please share more lights to all these, I am abit confused! sad

It is not a standing rule for any shengen member state to issue you a 3mths Entry Visa, you can be given a week or 2wks Visa as the ECO sees fit.

Do not unnecessarily raise your hope high. It is even better to apply for a lesser stay and get your Visa, than to demand for a month Visa or more and be subjected to unnecessary scrutiny.

However, i would advise you to allow your girlfriend come over to Nigeria for a couple of months. After which you then pay her a visit in Holland, then include her Nigerian Visa along with the entry/exit stamps when filing for your own application.

Note however that the issue of getting married should not surface for now until after you have hopefully secured a visa to visit her in Holland.

You may be subjected to filing for a spouse visa which is another different ball game entirely which can last you a long time and no guarantee of being issued....

Over n' out..

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by koolmd: 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
Just as tzetzefly has said, its not a standing rule you'll be given 90 days visa. The first time i applied for multiple with the intention of spending 14days, i was give a 30 days Single entry, the second time i applied for 8 days single entery, i was given 30 days multiple. My perception is that it depends on your travel history particularly to the Schengen state tyhat influences the type of visa you are given.

tzetzefly:

It is not a standing rule for any shengen member state to issue you a 3mths Entry Visa, you can be given a week or 2wks Visa as the ECO sees fit.

So do not raise your hope high unnecessarily. It is even better to apply for a lesser stay and get your Visa, than to demand for a month Visa or more and be subjected to unnecessary scrutiny.

However, i would advise u allow your girlfriend come over to Nigeria for a couple of months and stay with you before you pay her a visit in Holland. Then include her Nigeria Visa and entry/exit stamps when filling for your own application.

Note however that issue of getting married should not surface for now until after you have hopefully secured your own Visa to vist her. Or you maybe subjected to filling for Spouse Visa which is another different ball game that can last you a long time and no guarantee of being issued....

Over n' out..
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by koolmd: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
Just as tzetzefly has said, its not a standing rule you'll be given 90 days visa. The first time i applied for multiple with the intention of spending 14days, i was give a 30 days Single entery, the second time i applied for 8 days single entery, i was given 30 days multiple. My perception is that it depends on your travel history particularly to the Schengen state that influences the type of visa you are given.

tzetzefly:

So do not raise your hope high unnecessarily. It is even better to apply for a lesser stay and get your Visa, than to demand for a month Visa or more and be subjected to unnecessary scrutiny.

However, i would advise u allow your girlfriend come over to Nigeria for a couple of months and stay with you before you pay her a visit in Holland. Then include her Nigeria Visa and entry/exit stamps when filling for your own application.

Note however that issue of getting married should not surface for now until after you have hopefully secured your own Visa to vist her. Or you maybe subjected to filling for Spouse Visa which is another different ball game that can last you a long time and no guarantee of being issued....

Over n' out..
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Talk2naija(m): 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
She had already visited me, yes she will give me the data page of course, so you think I should apply 2 weeks like I intended before but visiting her I intended to take a dutch class to help learn basic. Dutch language. Please advice can u give mw ?
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:05am On Dec 02, 2012
Talk2naija: She had already visited me, yes she will give me the data page of course, so you think I should apply 2 weeks like I intended before but visiting her I intended to take a dutch class to help learn basic. Dutch language. Please advice can u give mw ?

You can apply for a 14days Entry Visa. But you need to avoid statements such as visiting ur proposed spouse or issues regarding marriage, to avoid raising a red flag on ur application. Jst indicate visiting a friend thats all.....
And ensure you have solid docs to show your attachment/ ties to Naija. Goodluck....
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
please i need info on what docs i need to get things done, i want the same thing
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
please can some please tell me how much dis visa cost
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
Naija_lastborn: please i need info on what docs i need to get things done, i want the same thing

By Koolmd:

Hello Bros, Am not of the opinion that you should engage visa agents to help you get a visa. All the
information you need is on the link i sent you. I can attempt to give you a lead on some stuffs you need to submit but the list may not be
exhaustive and so you must go and look at the checklist on the link. 1) Print and fill the visa application form (tourist visa application)
2) Attach two passport fortographs in the
prescribed dimension.
3) Get a cover letter from your employer or you get an invitation letter from the person inviting you
4) Print your 3 months statement of account
(make sure u have enough funds, 1 Million Naira is not bad.(Do not lodge large amount of cash within the period, you must have built the account over the period) 5) Get your travel insurance to cover for the period while you'd be there, usually for 2 weeks trip is about 10k (u can use unitrust insurance or ask at any branch of guaranty trust bank, list of insurance coys is also on the link.
6) Hotel Reservation or any proof from your host that they will take care of your accomodation and feeding. Just check the checklist and you see all the info you need
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
Naija_lastborn: please can some please tell me how much dis visa cost

www.france-ng.com/Lagos/business_visafees.html

The France Embassy in Lagos handles Visas to the Netherlands:

www.france-ng.com/
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
Okay thanks, I really apprecaite ur piece of Information, I knw what I need to know, pleae after submission will be interview because I am seeing Interview on the website
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_lastborn: Okay thanks, I really apprecaite ur piece of Information, I knw what I need to know, pleae after submission will be interview because I am seeing Interview on the website

That used to be the case before, but since they started using the services of VFS, i think you are only given a booking time by VFS to go for biometrics...That means your submitted docs should speak for you or else na confirmed ''DENIAL'' be dat...
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
okay thanks bro, i really appreaciate that

i have the documents below:

Invitation letter from host
Travel Insurance (Elvia)
Flight reservation (Air MAROC)
Bank Statement (800k in it)
Empolyemet Letter
Cover letter from my work
Employemet Payslip

i am good to go, i think or what do you think?
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_lastborn: okay thanks bro, i really appreaciate that

i have the documents below:

Invitation letter from host
Travel Insurance (Elvia)
Flight reservation (Air MAROC)
Bank Statement (800k in it)
Empolyemet Letter
Cover letter from my work
Employemet Payslip

i am good to go, i think or what do you think?

1. No landed properties...?
2. Liquid Investments..?
3. Statement of Purpose: A self explanatory letter on why you want to spend your time in the shengen territory.
4. Indicate your length of stay in the Shengen territory
5. A breakdown of your daily expenses
6. Indicate the current exchange rate thru :

www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

7. All this will give a FIRST HAND INFORMATION ACCESS to the ECO and make his decision on your application easier.
8. Doing all the above, will allow the ECO see you as an organised person. And you know wat dat means if you were to be in his/her shoes.... ?
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wait, Cover letter already say I am given a month Vacation in which I am spending in it Holland, and even the invitation from my host indicate I am coming for Holiday, so please statement of purpose you said, I think what I said above has covered it all.
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
Well I don't have Any investment yet nor I have a. Piece of land but I am working for Apapa Local Government.
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_lastborn: Wait, Cover letter already say I am given a month Vacation in which I am spending in it Holland, and even the invitation from my host indicate I am coming for Holiday, so please statement of purpose you said, I think what I said above has covered it all.

The covering letter attached to your application is from your office, stating your tie to Naija. However, it is not your office that is embarking on a month vacation, but you.

The ECO will need to be convinced that you are not a potential migrant and the only way for a first timer to the Shengen territory to prove that, is to be a step ahead.

You should write stating who you are and what you intend to go to the region to do.

Let them know hw long you intend to stay and accomodation provided for you. Thereafter, let the ECO know that you are aware of the daily cost of staying in Europe and since accomodation has been taken care of, you now have so so so amount at your disposal to spend.

You should not be seen to depend solely on your host. Prove that you can also take care of your personal needs.

Vacation is not an official trip. Europe is not Naija where family members are expected to be responsible for other family member's immediate problems and needs....
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thanks for the info, I am going for 27 days, I was given 1 month annual leave from work. Well I am staying with my host not hotel. Please explain better on writting to ECO I seems to don't understand what you mean? Is there any docs I will print online or get somewhere?
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_lastborn: Thanks for the info, I am going for 27 days, I was given 1 month annual leave from work. Well I am staying with my host not hotel. Please explain better on writting to ECO I seems to don't understand what you mean? Is there any docs I will print online or get somewhere?

It is a simple letter written by you and addressed to the embassy. And evrytin i wrote above, will be contained in the letter. Dnt worry about landed properties and investment. Your company letter is also a good tie to Naija
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
Please help me and some other people who might one day need this SOP, please can you just write a sample here and let me see so that I can used it to write up mine too
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
I have submited my applcation going for biometrics tommorow @ Ikoyi. Please pray for me ooo
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Naija_lastborn: I have submited my applcation going for biometrics tommorow @ Ikoyi. Please pray for me ooo

It's well bros...
Re: Netherlands Tourist Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thanks Bro cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Abuja Airport New Terminal Building / Stranded Corpers Seize Azman Air Laptops After Cancelled Flight (Video) / An Overview Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Site - Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.