Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja (8941 Views)

How To Set Up A Mini Kerosene Depot And Make Money / 25mil: Filling Station? Bottle Water Company? 15 Rooms Hotel ? / China To Set Up Manufacturing Zone In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hi all, am thinking of setting up a small 15 rooms hotel in abuja for small and medium income earners that visitAbuja, am thinking of locating it somewhere along airport road abuja on a land of about 100 by100, the hotel will not be a storey building as I need to minimize cost .

I need some advice from nairalanders that have experience in hotels,building construction and real estate or any positive thinking person on this my ambition.

I have decided never to work for anybody again as I have some few millions to invest.

thank you
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by Dpros(f): 1:40am On Sep 23, 2012
its a good thing that you are already thinking towards real estate.. its a very profitable source of income and gives security for the money you invest into it. however, i must also let you know that the return on investment is slow, although the hotel business will make it a little bit faster for you. i was wondering if you have any other steady source of income that will enable you support the construction stage and setting up of the business, if not, it will be advisable you set up a business that can give you steady returns and enable you carry on with your project successfully without financial hitches. but all the same, you have a great idea. stick to it if you have the means to support it.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 2:04am On Sep 23, 2012
Dpros: its a good thing that you are already thinking towards real estate.. its a very profitable source of income and gives security for the money you invest into it. however, i must also let you know that the return on investment is slow, although the hotel business will make it a little bit faster for you. i was wondering if you have any other steady source of income that will enable you support the construction stage and setting up of the business, if not, it will be advisable you set up a business that can give you steady returns and enable you carry on with your project successfully without financial hitches. but all the same, you have a great idea. stick to it if you have the means to support it.
thank you very much for the encouragement. I have actually set aside 10M for the construction apart from the cost of land which I will look for somewhere around lugbe.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
i do have the same idea but still trying to find out how much it will cost to build and set up...i will also be including a multipurpose hall and night club...i got the lands but i do not want to start it if am not ready to seat down to monitor it
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
honeyguy: i do have the same idea but still trying to find out how much it will cost to build and set up...i will also be including a multipurpose hall and night club...i got the lands but i do not want to start it if am not ready to seat down to monitor it
thats good may be we should be exchanging ideas on our ambition you know two positive heads are better than one. Are you also locating it in Abuja ?

If i get more funds I may add the Idea of a hall but not a nite club out of personal principle.

cheers
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by surveyProf(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sure hotel business are nice business to operate from big cities like Abuja, Lagos, port harcourt etc, but you must first carry out a good fesibility study, by perhaps checking out other small hotels that u are aiming to perform similar services, to know how they run theirs, I believe this will help alot, " no man is an Island"
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by joebol: 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
We are also into hotel management and administration.
Send an email to us at joebol2011@mail.com. We will forward
You free details including diagrams, pictures etc.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
joebol: We are also into hotel management and administration.
Send an email to us at joebol2011@mail.com. We will forward
You free details including diagrams, pictures etc.
thank you very much but I will appreciate if you can post the info here on Nairaland so that others with the same intention can benefit

1 Like

Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by Dpros(f): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
my dear be carefull how you share information online especially concerning finance.. anyways I will only give you a professional advice as a civil engr, the money you have can get your project to roofing level, but won't complete it because finishing and furnishing can take a whole lotof money. I think you should find some professionals in construction to talk to and also make your research on hotel management and how to run the biz. that will keep you on the right track. cheers
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by Dpros(f): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
honeyguy: i do have the same idea but still trying to find out how much it will cost to build and set up...i will also be including a multipurpose hall and night club...i got the lands but i do not want to start it if am not ready to seat down to monitor it
my brother you don't have to seat down and monitor your project if you are not a construction Engr, you may even waste more money if you try to do it yourself. that's the irony in construction. Artisans are very funny people and if you are not an engr, my brother you will waste a whole lot of money and time trying to work with these guys. just get an Engr that you can trust, all you need to do is come around the site in the evenings and see the work progress. you will get a quality job and save yourself time and stress too.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2012
by monitoring it i mean running the biz as am mostly in Canada and i have other biz am taking care of...
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by 001solar(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2012
Dpros:
my brother you don't have to seat down and monitor your project if you are not a construction Engr, you may even waste more money if you try to do it yourself. that's the irony in construction. Artisans are very funny people and if you are not an engr, my brother you will waste a whole lot of money and time trying to work with these guys. just get an Engr that you can trust, all you need to do is come around the site in the evenings and see the work progress. you will get a quality job and save yourself time and stress too.
dat is my broda but u can try us up at the defence HQ abuja we are presently on the naval main office building and can call me 08054353865 Arc Tayo Afolayan
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2012
how much do you think it will cost to build a decent 15rooms?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by 001solar(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
honeyguy: how much do you think it will cost to build a decent 15rooms?
my broda every thing would need to go along the design dat is why I said we should meet or u should call me it would b wat we design dat we would work on just come over to the defence H/ Q so I could show u some stuff so u can choose from
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by mkmyers45(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
HAH: thank you very much for the encouragement. I have actually set aside 10M for the construction apart from the cost of land which I will look for somewhere around lugbe.

Im not very sure of that location...do you have a land already priced? Could be quite expensive.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2012
just something simple
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by kevoneal: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
hello, nice idea, hotel business is big business in abuja. if you are interested there is presently a 2050m2 (two thousand and fifty square meters) plot of land for sale in sabo lugbe with authentic c/o which u can verify from AGIS(Abuja geaographical information systems). asking price 3.5 million naira negotiable. call 08077195375 for more info. we are ready if interested for inspection and document verification. thank u.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
last price? commercial or residential?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by dreu2fine(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2012
Come to delta state n do it,if inetested call me we wud arange,we av campuses here,08034595985
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2012
someone built 15 rooms bungalow hostel all rooms en suite with N4m, is this possible?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
is possible but low standard cos am presently building a 5 bedroom bungalow and have spent 4M and still have 2M to go. so it depends on taste you know.
honeyguy: someone built 15 rooms bungalow hostel all rooms en suite with N4m, is this possible?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by patorini(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2012
whenever you are ready to setup, we can handle the networking, internet, access control, fire protection and management software deployment angle for you.

my number is 08033198587
email: patorini@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by Okontami: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
Guyyyyyyssss, you people are opening my eyes men,so you are saying 6M for building 5 bedroom apt?? But, we get to buy for about 25 to 27M?? Cant believe this math
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by godello: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Bros in d house pls more contribution pls some one here is learning from ur ideas. Thanks
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
one secret I go to know while I renovated my house in one gof the estates yin abuja was that i bought most of the finishing in dubai and i saved up to 50% example is my Electrician gave me a budget. of about 350k for fitting but I got. same things in dubai for 1900AED which is less than 100k.

For my curtain I was given a budget of 250k but I got everything for 1800aed and is DIY

I got osram energy saving bulb for 7.5aed each which is like 380 naira but in abuja it goes for 800 to 1000 naira

what am planning is that if my dream of hotel set on foot I will only buy block, sand, rods, cement and few things in Nigeria for all other things like electronics, furniture,tiles, curtain ,toilets etc will be bought in china and i put them in container to arrive through lagos or cotonou with this I will save 50% or above

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by ifebosco: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2012
i like your idea, but with the number of hotels in abuja with very cheap prices. i will advise you to do your feasibility study very well,money is very hard to get.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
I have been in Abuja for the past 14 years and i know how the city is evolving, having appreciated the low and medium income earners am thinking of having a hotel that ranges from 5k to 8k maximum so that is why am thinking of locating it in the suburbs.
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 2:22am On Oct 05, 2012
how much is the cheapest hotel/motel in abuja?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2012
none of the standard am talking of goes for below 10k
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
so u mean with N10m one can set up a modest motel of 10k a room?
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by HAH: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
honeyguy: so u mean with N10m one can set up a modest motel of 10k a room?
it will go a long way if not complete mind you we are talking of bungalows and the cost of land is not included
Re: I Want To Set Up A Small 15 Rooms Hotel In Abuja by honeyguy(m): 6:07am On Oct 06, 2012
thats nice...ima go ahead with my plans then

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria / Alleged N8bn Fraud: Ex-skye Bank Chair, Ayeni, Granted Controversial Bail / Convert Your Itunes Gift Card To Bitcoin Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.