Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! (1370 Views)

JOIN AJAKAJA Membership To Become Rich And Famou Illuminati Call +2348159476241 / Nigeria To Include ICT In School Curricular / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Go To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 23, 2012
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by anulove2boys(m): 11:32am On Sep 23, 2012
So wat can I do nt 2 go broke in skool
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by anulove2boys(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2012
obasy09: I posted this article here on nairaland in 2009. While reading through it today, I found that it is still very relevant and decided to repost it. This is the. Excerpt:

so wat can I do nt 2 go broke in skool
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
anulove2boys: so wat can I do nt 2 go broke in skool
What skill do you have that u think is saleable in school. Can u plait hair (irrespective of ur gender). Are u fast in typing With good computer knowledge?
What skill do you have? I may be able to assist you with marketing strategies and planning.
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Excelboi(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
obasy09:
What skill do you have that u think is saleable in school. Can u plait hair (irrespective of ur gender). Are u fast in typing With good computer knowledge?
What skill do you have? I may be able to assist you with marketing strategies and planning.
I'm into graphic designing, what about that?
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2012
Excelboi: I'm into graphic designing, what about that?
Good. Is ur graphic designing computer-based? Are u into printing (running impression, colour separation, book binding etc?). If u're very good in graphics,I'll suggest that you learn a little bit of photography. Combining the two skills in a school environment with good interpersonal skill (being sociable), u're most likely not going to lack money in school assumming u're a student!
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'm a sytlist, female hairstylist. Hw do i go abt it in school?
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Wizee: I'm a sytlist, female hairstylist. Hw do i go abt it in school?
Well u've got one of the most saleable skills in school.However, I need to ask u some questions to get a clearer picture of the 'business environment' in ur school.
Does ur school operate hostel accomodation or strictly non-residential?
Do you live within(hostel) or outside the school?
What type of course do u study and on the average,how many hours do you spend on lectures per week?
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2012
obasy09:
Well u've got one of the most saleable skills in school.However, I need to ask u some questions to get a clearer picture of the 'business environment' in ur school.
Does ur school operate hostel accomodation or strictly non-residential?
Do you live within(hostel) or outside the school?
What type of course do u study and on the average,how many hours do you spend on lectures per week?
i skool in polynekede ND1, i stay of cumpus,bt its not far frm my skool. I cant say an average 4d wk bt lyk 4a day i spend lyk 2 to 4hrs dependin on d course,Mass comm. Bt afta lecture i go to a salon where i wrk along my skool road, bt students dnt pay well @all.
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 25, 2012
Wizee: i skool in polynekede ND1, i stay of cumpus,bt its not far frm my skool. I cant say an average 4d wk bt lyk 4a day i spend lyk 2 to 4hrs dependin on d course,Mass comm. Bt afta lecture i go to a salon where i wrk along my skool road, bt students dnt pay well @all.
Having read through your post, it becomes clear that u're already doing something for yourself but need extra cash . That is plausible. Having lectures for maximum of 4hrs per day still leaves room for you to engage in commercial activities provided you are a desciplined type. I.e if you can manage ur time well. On students not paying well, definately most students don't but there a few of them that pay well! Remember your type of skill is not suitable for serving many people (unless you want to open a salon and employ stylists). What you need to do is to identify these few potential customers and serve them at good reasonable price. How do u identify them? Watch them when u're in class or at events organised within and outside the school.they have their own class. Package urself and ur service. U could get high class magazines with models as a practice and marketing tool.look at the styles, learn them and offer to do it to the potential customers. Most importantly, u need to learn to be sociable if yoU are not already! Goodluck
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2012
obasy09:
Having read through your post, it becomes clear that u're already doing something for yourself but need extra cash . That is plausible. Having lectures for maximum of 4hrs per day still leave room for you to engage in commercial activities provided you are a desciplined type. I.e if you can manage ur time well. On students not paying well, definately most students don't but there a few of them that pay well! Remember your type of skill is not suitable for serving many people (unless you want to open a salon and employ stylists). What you need to do is to identify these few potential customers and serve them at good reasonable price. How do u identify them? Watch them when u're in class or at events organised within and outside the school.they have their own class. Package urself and ur service. U could get high class magazines with models as a practice and marketing tool.look at the styles, learn them and offer to do it to the potential customers. Most importantly, u need to learn to be sociable if yoU are not already! Goodluck
thanks brov i rily apprecite dis, 1- package myself and my service. 2- i shld be sociable. Words takin!!
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wizee: thanks brov i rily apprecite dis, 1- package myself and my service. 2- i shld be sociable. Words takin!!
Thx too for sharing! God bless u.
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by anulove2boys(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
Am good in teaching pple on skool topics,hw can I use it 2 make some cash 4 myself in skool.
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
anulove2boys: Am good in teaching pple on skool topics,hw can I use it 2 make some cash 4 myself in skool.
Your skill is also good and can fetch you money in school. What you need is to create the needed first impression. What do I mean by "first impression"? Your colleagues must know you to be very brilliant! If you're not already in school, when you eventually do, you need to be very serious with your academics in the 1st and 2nd semesters and make a good CGPA (grade)for yourself even if you decided not to be serious thereafter smiley.Having done that, you need to arm yourself with good textbooks, past question papers of your current and lower levels (if any). Thereafter, try to organise free tutorials starting with your colleagues at the same level. By doing so, you will leverage on their familiarity with you knowing your academic performance. Treat with them past questions that you've already treated on your own. Try to impress them but seek for their inputs to avoid being labelled "too know". Organise few of such tutorials free (especially on courses that involve calculations and dreaded courses) and later monetize it. Even if you don't make much money from the tutorials, I bet you will make 'serious money' from series of assignments and term papers that will follow! I made a lot of money through these means when I was in school and used the money as a start up capital for a business that generates income for me till today. Finally, you need to believe in yourself and in God. Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2013/2014 Cbt,dbt Candidates Re-print Your Slip Today For Your New Dates / Afe Babalola University Vs. Unilag Which Is Better To Study Comp. Engineering / 15 Secrets Of JAMB Top Scorers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.